Thread: What did Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui know about the wulin of their time?

Default What did Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui know about the wulin of their time?

Due to their secretive nature, the Siu Yiu Sect and Teen San Tung Lo's Ling Jau (Vulture?) Palace were unknown to most of wulin at the time, but was the reverse also true? Did Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui know whom the various potential threats to them were (i.e. the Deun Royal Family of Dali, the Mo Yung Family, Kiu Fung)? Their hatred was mainly reserved for each other, but both Teen San Tung Lo and Lee Chou Sui struck me as women of great ambition. Would they tolerate potential threats such as the Deuns, the Mo Yungs, and Kiu Fung, or would they eventually have tried to eliminate these people? Did they even know that such people existed, or were they so insular that they were completely ignorant of developments in the wulin outside of their immediate sphere?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

vulture palace was located in the northwest but had sects and clans all the way to the south in dali under it's control. TSTL probably knew duan family experts in her younger days like she knew the shaolin elders of the past, so she might have not wanted to give the younger generation trouble. LCS and TSTL were to busy trying to kill each other to trouble others. in fact, TSTL way have been forcing the 72 caves and 36islands under her thumb to attack xixia since LCS would have had an army under her control. current shaolin and duan family may have known of the name of XYP but probably did not meet any of the elders during DGSD era. they weren't active in mainstream wulin so their people probably did not encounter each other.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Was there a passage in the novel regarding Tung Lo's reaction to hearing QF's name?

They probably knew OF them, but didn't meet them personally. Wuyazi had hoped that Elder Kurong and Qiao Feng would have come to solve his chess/go game. Tianshan Tonglao had a very brief facial exchange with Murong Fu, but she did not recognize him.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    They probably knew OF them, but didn't meet them personally. Wuyazi had hoped that Elder Kurong and Qiao Feng would have come to solve his chess/go game. Tianshan Tonglao had a very brief facial exchange with Murong Fu, but she did not recognize him.

Xiao Feng at the CHESS GAME?!?!?!

Muahahahahaha!!!

The only way he'll solve it is by THUMPING the table and disintegrating all the opposing pieces!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Kiu Fung might have been one of the greatest fighters and martial artists of the time, but I think he would have been *really* out of his league in a chess match. Chess just didn't seem like Kiu Fung's kind of thing.

Now, if Mo Ngai Tze were to challenge Kiu Fung in arm wrestling, things would get interesting in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    The only way he'll solve it is by THUMPING the table and disintegrating all the opposing pieces!
    That's solving it...sort of.

It's very Buddhist, when you think about it: the ultimate solution to any game is the annihilation of the game and its players.

If the madman Murong Fu had to deal with the chess game, would there be any chance for him to resolve it?
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    If the madman Murong Fu had to deal with the chess game, would there be any chance for him to resolve it?
    IIRC, he WAS at the chess game.

I belive that both LCS and TSTL are so confident of their MA that there is no real "threat" that existed. Being able to get a hundred over sects under her feat is not to be overlooked too, it meant TSTL does indeed know whats happening.

Not even the critically acclaimed MA exponent XF would be able to stand up against one of the 3 elders of Xiao Yao Sect.

P.S But of course, PJ would try to argue otherwise, but no!! The fact stands stiff, just like a mutant erection.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamboyantLife
    Not even the critically acclaimed MA exponent XF would be able to stand up against one of the 3 elders of Xiao Yao Sect.
    He'd have no hope against all three simultaneously, but against just one of them, I think Kiu Fung has a fighting chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing
    IIRC, he WAS at the chess game.
    yes, I know, the normal Murong Fu was present at the place of the chess game and he lost due to his complex mind.
    what I mean is that if the normal Murong Fu was replaced by the mad Murong Fu, would he win the game?
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

P.S But of course, PJ would try to argue otherwise, but no!! The fact stands stiff, just like a mutant erection.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=261

I am of the Iconoclast/Nonconformist type. I aim to reject popular beliefs.

Once upon a time When it was popular belief that DGSD martial arts > Condor Trilogy, I rejected this possibility with a passion.

Now, the reverse has become the generally accepted belief -- that Condor Trilogy martial arts =~ DGSD Elites. Being the Iconoclast that I am, I no longer support this belief. I am currently of the belief that DGSD Elites > Condor Trilogy, the very concept that I diligently helped destroy once upon a time.

PJ --> The Lord of ELOC and Defender of Devil's Advocacy, will always look out for the overlooked/deprived/underpriviledged.
    Last edited by PJ; 03-13-07 at 07:01 PM.

yes, I know, the normal Murong Fu was present at the place of the chess game and he lost due to his complex mind.
    what I mean is that if the normal Murong Fu was replaced by the mad Murong Fu, would he win the game?
    The game feeds off the player's hidden fears and desires. The mad MRF still had his hang-ups (i.e. people must kow-tow to him) so he will still lose.

I would like to see HYS, Fang Zheng and Z3F try the game.

The game feeds off the player's hidden fears and desires. The mad MRF still had his hang-ups (i.e. people must kow-tow to him) so he will still lose.
    who knows, in his screwy state of mind, Murong Fu can perform a ridiculously divine move which is exactly the same as Xu Zhu's.
    I would like to see HYS, Fang Zheng and Z3F try the game.
    Huang Yaoshi has an extraordinary intelligence, despite great difficulties I believe he'll be able to resolve the game after several months of meditating.
    Fang Zheng will have no chance, this old monk has not reached the peak of perfection in Chan philosophy, his brain is ordinary and somewhat still unpure.
    As for Zhang Sanfeng, he is written to be mentally invulnerable + have reached the Purely Green Furnace level + have surpassed the 3 Flower Assembled Limit + etc. etc. --> in a state of extreme entrancement he'll use his Taiji philosophy instinctively to smash the Dumb Deaf Old Man's chess game.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 03-14-07 at 12:01 PM.
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。

Huang Yaoshi has an extraordinary intelligence, despite great difficulties I believe he'll be able to resolve the game after several months of meditating.
    Fang Zheng will have no chance, this old monk has not reached the peak of perfection in Chan philosophy, his brain is ordinary and somewhat still unpure.
    As for Zhang Sanfeng, he is written to be mentally invulnerable + have reached the Purely Green Furnace level + have surpassed the 3 Flower Assembled Limit + etc. etc. --> in a state of extreme entrancement he'll use his Taiji philosophy instinctively to smash the Dumb Deaf Old Man's chess game.
    The game was supposed to drive the player into fire-deviation based on the player's own fear's and worries. HYS might trip up over the guilt on his wife. FZ doesn't seem to have that much to trip up on. Z3F might trip up on GX and his dead/injured disciples. Still, any of the 3 might solve it. The game can't be designed to be so uncrackable that WYZ would never find a disciple.

If Z3F won it, WYZ will be going 'WTF?!!??! This guy is even older then me!!!'

Quote Originally Posted by FlamboyantLife View Post
    I belive that both LCS and TSTL are so confident of their MA that there is no real "threat" that existed. Being able to get a hundred over sects under her feat is not to be overlooked too, it meant TSTL does indeed know whats happening.

Came in to post this.