Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angel Lover

Default Angel Lover

I tried Googling this series and came back with nothing! On the other hand, what I managed to find out is that this series is a collaboration between the STAR Chinese Channel in Taiwan and MediaCorp in Singapore. The series is supposed to be 40 episodes long & will debut later this year in Taiwan & Singapore rather than next year as some others have announced.

The series is largely filmed in Taiwan and there are supposed to be 5 eligible bachelors with Alex To headlining them. The bachelors are supposed to be "guiding love-lorn ladies through their heartaches each & every episode".

This was taken off the StarTV pressroom: http://www.startv.com/pressroom/pres...e.jsp?seq=2760

Does anyone have anymore news about this series? Please do keep me posted, okay? Thanks!
    Last edited by MJeanHo; 08-02-06 at 12:24 PM.

im waiting for this series too. Mainly cos Ming Dao will be acting in it...

This is what i copied from MingDao English Forum:

As for the storyline, Mingdao will be acting as a poor guy from the countryside called "yang tian you". He will be so poor that at times, he doesn't have money to pay his rent and will have to resort to sleeping in the park. He will then met this old lady in the park who inspired Tianyou with the words she told him.
    Mingdao's clothes in this drama will most likely be from his own wardrobes.....(maybe just a few pcs will be from the production crews)

Tae will be acting as a guy who is very popular with girls. he acted as someone who will take love for granted. Tae said that in reality, he is not like dat...

Just a brief summary of the storyline:
    it's about this career woman who gets the help of an angel and was able to overcome her break off in a relationship. The angel wants this career woman to help others. and so she set up this club and get 5 different personality guys to help the girls/women who are having problems in their love relationship,breakup,etc... From this, the 5 guys also learnt something and benefited from it too.

However, from what i understand, Ming Dao is not the lead actor here...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think Singapore's actor Ix Shen will also be acting in this as well since I saw a group pic of him with Ming Dao and the rest of the cast for this series. The leading girls look more mature than the usual girls who star opp Mind Dao.

here's a youtube link for ep1 of this show:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cvrp1mooOQ

ming dao seems interesting in here but I'm sad that the show doesn't sport all the 183 club guys. however, i did enjoy "angel eyes" by matthew lin ming dao, jacky zhu fan gang and ehlo huang yu rong (can't say 183 club cuz shaowei was not even in the mv, nor was johnny).
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

The series is pretty good so far. Currently they are on Episode 30. 10 more eps to go.

On yesasia, everything is out already. Online so far, only 30 eps.
    ~Edison~

OH my goodness, how come there's so little posts on this show? Come on people, go watch this series and come back to discuss. It's such an awesome show with lots of heart and high quality from acting to script to music to settings (you get to see so many different aspects of Taiwan).

another Ming Dao's drama..

Quote Originally Posted by myedi
    another Ming Dao's drama..
    true, but I never cared for his stuff before. I watched this series by chance. I started at episode 33, since my friend needed me to record if for her. And holy cow, this show worked so well because of the entire cast, script, music, settings, directions and all. Ming Dao's character was very well liked because it's very like him in reality and because his character meshed so well with the leading actress. There are a ton of reasons other than Ming Dao to watch it.

So is Ming Dao the lead actor?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJoJo
    So is Ming Dao the lead actor?
    yes he is.

and by the way, if you want to watch it, I can get you a dvd set. I left a pm message for you. go check.

I even got the soundtrack, it's excellent.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 03-07-07 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tennisrocks
    yes he is.

and by the way, if you want to watch it, I can get you a dvd set. I left a pm message for you. go check.

I even got the soundtrack, it's excellent.
    I will love one! Thank you very much! YAY! He's the lead actor! Where do you get the soundtrack? I would love one too! Tell me where you bought it off alrite? I left the info on your PM...

Oh no, I read that the ratings for Angel Lover airing in Taiwan was pretty disappointing. An article came out which immediately said what's gonna happen to Ming Dao's career? because for the 2nd straight series he led in, it did poorly.

It's a pity that the Taiwan audience wasn't as responsive to this show as initially hoped. I still love it. Hopefully this series will do better when it reaches other areas like Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Malaysia...

Oh no, I read that the ratings for Angel Lover airing in Taiwan was pretty disappointing. An article came out which immediately said what's gonna happen to Ming Dao's career? because for the 2nd straight series he led in, it did poorly.

It's a pity that the Taiwan audience wasn't as responsive to this show as initially hoped. I still love it. Hopefully this series will do better when it reaches other areas like Hong Kong, Singapore, China, Malaysia...
    WHAT?! THAT SUCKS FOR MING DAO! Haven't seen it but I know it's good! Is it even his fault..maybe it's because the director sucks or the other cast sucks...they shouldn't blame it on him just because he got the leading role!!
    Last edited by LuvJoJo; 03-12-07 at 02:37 PM.

Yea, I heard about that too.. Poor Ming Dao... I heard that he is going to be doing a series with Qiao En as well. Some said that it is to save his fame, but Joe denied it. I hope his upcoming dramas will have better and high ratings like Frog Prince did. This is really sad for me to hear... Sigh.. I hope he can still maintain a good position in the audiences eyes before he leaves for the military.... He has to leave within the next 2 years...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    Yea, I heard about that too.. Poor Ming Dao... I heard that he is going to be doing a series with Qiao En as well. Some said that it is to save his fame, but Joe denied it. I hope his upcoming dramas will have better and high ratings like Frog Prince did. This is really sad for me to hear... Sigh.. I hope he can still maintain a good position in the audiences eyes before he leaves for the military.... He has to leave within the next 2 years...

A lot of people are complaining about MD's hair in this series.
    I don't know if I'll watch it, mainly because I really don't like Bin Hui Xin from when I watched her in ISWAK. But I dunno.. we'll see.. I might give it a chance and see.

I think it'll be great to see him and Joe again. Maybe that's what the audience is still looking for?

MD is going to the military? Isn't he almost 30? I would've thought he'd have his mil service done by now but I guess not. Aw, it'll be sad to see him leave.. but it's just another phase in life that they have to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJoJo
    WHAT?! THAT SUCKS FOR MING DAO! Haven't seen it but I know it's good! Is it even his fault..maybe it's because the director sucks or the other cast sucks...they shouldn't blame it on him just because he got the leading role!!

No no no, the director was awesome, the cast was great (except for one particular person), the song was great, the script was touching and funny. it's just a pity the ratings didn't live up to their expectation. It was definitely NOT Ming Dao's fault, I thought he did a really great job here. I wish I knew what went wrong too.

Quote Originally Posted by ellledubs
    A lot of people are complaining about MD's hair in this series.
    I don't know if I'll watch it, mainly because I really don't like Bin Hui Xin from when I watched her in ISWAK. But I dunno.. we'll see.. I might give it a chance and see.

I think it'll be great to see him and Joe again. Maybe that's what the audience is still looking for?

MD is going to the military? Isn't he almost 30? I would've thought he'd have his mil service done by now but I guess not. Aw, it'll be sad to see him leave.. but it's just another phase in life that they have to go through.
    OH you've gotta give Bai Xin Hui another chance because this role that she took on really suited her in every way. I've never even heard of her until I watched this series and I was extremely impressed by her performance. She was really adorable, funny, and wow, even made me cry at one of her storyline. What impressed me is that it's rare to find an artist who can go to extremes, for instance, in the show, she can be tomboyish, loud, dorky AND she can also pull off vulnerability, elegance, and grace. All her scenes bickering with Ming Dao are so classic too.

ha ha, funny how you brought up Ming Dao's hair. That poor guy. I don't think people will ever be satisfied with his hairstyle no matter what he does. I didn't see anything wrong with it. Why can't people just focus on the plots and acting.
    Last edited by tennisrocks; 03-13-07 at 10:14 AM.

OH you've gotta give Bai Xin Hui another chance because this role that she took on really suited her in every way. I've never even heard of her until I watched this series and I was extremely impressed by her performance. She was really adorable, funny, and wow, even made me cry at one of her storyline. What impressed me is that it's rare to find an artist who can go to extremes, for instance, in the show, she can be tomboyish, loud, dorky AND she can also pull off vulnerability, elegance, and grace. All her scenes bickering with Ming Dao are so classic too.

ha ha, funny how you brought up Ming Dao's hair. That poor guy. I don't think people will ever be satisfied with his hairstyle no matter what he does. I didn't see anything wrong with it. Why can't people just focus on the plots and acting.

hahaha poor guy I know... but that's the industry. I don't think anyone will be happy with his hair ever. i googled the drama and I got a bunch of complaints about his hair. hehe. either way, the dude's got talent and that's what matters most in my books!

so you really think i should give bai xin hui a chance eh? hmmmm...

No no no, the director was awesome, the cast was great (except for one particular person), the song was great, the script was touching and funny. it's just a pity the ratings didn't live up to their expectation. It was definitely NOT Ming Dao's fault, I thought he did a really great job here. I wish I knew what went wrong too.
    SO who is this "particular person" that did a bad job? Well I'm very dissapointed that Ming Dao will have to face something like this..."sign" I'll be rooting for you Ming Dao!!!! Hope yall who are Ming Dao fans can support him too!

You said this is the second series that was rated poorly..so what was the first one? Because I saw all his series except "Angel Lover" and they were all good!