Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SUMMER X SUMMER

Red face SUMMER X SUMMER

Has anyone started to watch this series? It's ok but a lil too exaggerated. The girl is a wannabe of Ariel from ISWAk, which is kinda annoying. What do u think?

Synopsis
    Manga synopsis - Ouyang Yu Yan meets Xia Ya, for the very first time, she believes they would become best friends. When Xia Ya sees Yu Yan's one-year-younger brother, Lei, for the very first time, she falls in love with him. But how could a plain girl like Xia Ya attract the attention of Ouyang Lei, a cool bishounen model who has a difficult personality?

Zhou Qiao Shan, the kendo captain, begins to like Yu Yan, but Yu Yan believes he likes Xia Ya. Chen Lang Zhu, one of the kendo boys, decided to send a love letter to Xia Ya. Lei laughs at her knowing that it is the first love letter Xia Ya has ever received.

Lei agrees to continue his career in modelling if only Xia Ya become his manager. Then Lei agrees to join a fashion show in Paris for the summer. Many people were suspicious as to why he went, they suspected that he went only to meet Mao Xiang Ling, his first love!!! He gets into trouble with the famous designer Jiang An Nu and he becomes very angry when Mr. Jiang asked Xia Ya to be his model!

From Drama Wiki site
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Pictures would be nice. Can you post some please?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by j-walker
    Has anyone started to watch this series? It's ok but a lil too exaggerated. The girl is a wannabe of Ariel from ISWAk, which is kinda annoying. What do u think?

Synopsis
    Manga synopsis - Ouyang Yu Yan meets Xia Ya, for the very first time, she believes they would become best friends. When Xia Ya sees Yu Yan's one-year-younger brother, Lei, for the very first time, she falls in love with him. But how could a plain girl like Xia Ya attract the attention of Ouyang Lei, a cool bishounen model who has a difficult personality?

Zhou Qiao Shan, the kendo captain, begins to like Yu Yan, but Yu Yan believes he likes Xia Ya. Chen Lang Zhu, one of the kendo boys, decided to send a love letter to Xia Ya. Lei laughs at her knowing that it is the first love letter Xia Ya has ever received.

Lei agrees to continue his career in modelling if only Xia Ya become his manager. Then Lei agrees to join a fashion show in Paris for the summer. Many people were suspicious as to why he went, they suspected that he went only to meet Mao Xiang Ling, his first love!!! He gets into trouble with the famous designer Jiang An Nu and he becomes very angry when Mr. Jiang asked Xia Ya to be his model!

From Drama Wiki site
    I agree with you. I watch like the first episode and i just gave up. I don't know why but lately there hasn't been a lot of good taiwanese series lately. For example, this one, and many other i can't think of now. But I can't wait for TVB adn ATV series of 2007 to come out. Oh yeah, and the80 episodes drama the Ruby Lin will be in this year. Can't wait.

Exclamation

Right now I'm watching Corner with Love and it's very good actually. So far, I found Taiwanese series are lacking ever since ISWAK but this show kept me addicted...it's funny and theh actors/actresses are good looking too
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

is it going to be funny as ISWAK? because the story plot is almost like ISWAK right? i dunno, but i don't seem to like the main girl in this one, as much as ariel.

well, i guess i have to watch the drama to be able to tell. hopefully the main girl will make me like her one day.

Quote Originally Posted by L4love
    is it going to be funny as ISWAK? because the story plot is almost like ISWAK right? i dunno, but i don't seem to like the main girl in this one, as much as ariel.

well, i guess i have to watch the drama to be able to tell. hopefully the main girl will make me like her one day.
    I thought it is not as funny as ISWAK. I don't know why, but it feels like somethings it missing in the taiwanese series lately.

The only reason I started watching it was because Ethan Ruan Jing Tian is in it, but I actually really like it even though there are only 3 episodes so far. I think that the fact that I never finished and never really became a huge fan of ISWAK makes it more enjoyable for me because the main girl's behavior doesn't really bother me as much because on every forum I've been to that is talking about this drama, mentions how they don't like her because they like Ariel

i heard that li li ren also act in this series? is it one of the main character? anyone know anything about it?

Does anyone know if this show is on DVD yet?

Anyone have pix of the couple together or clips from this series?

casts:-

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/f/rqzx/U1921P28T17D5175F336DT20070311110455.jpg')
    欧阳累(郑元畅饰 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/f/rqzx/U1921P28T17D5175F337DT20070311110455.jpg')
    夏芽(五熊饰 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/f/rqzx/U1921P28T17D5175F338DT20070311110455.jpg')
    尚天翰(信 饰 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/f/rqzx/U1921P28T17D5175F377DT20070311110455.jpg')
    周乔杉(阮经天饰 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/f/rqzx/U1921P28T17D5175F379DT20070311110835.jpg')
    欧阳语嫣(张毓晨饰 )
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

continue:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/h/f/rqzx/U1921P28T17D5175F382DT20070311110835.jpg')
    田光桢(唐禹哲饰 )

screen shots:-

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2007-03-11/U1921P28T3D1474207F326DT20070311100339.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2007-03-11/U1921P28T3D1474224F326DT20070311100414.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2007-03-11/U1921P28T3D1474208F326DT20070311100341.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2007-03-11/U1921P28T3D1474203F326DT20070311100329.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2007-03-11/U1921P28T3D1474210F326DT20070311100344.jpg')
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

This show is actually quite disappointing, especially so as it started right after Hana Kimi ended. I was religiously watching Hana Kimi week after week, and I thought this might be a good drama when I read the synopsis and saw the trailers.

Despite my disappointment, I still watch it, though I fast forward through the show quite a bit. I don't like how Xia Ya is so exaggerated, and the plot can get quite draggy after a while.

However, the show does have its good moments. I like watching the interaction between Chen Lang Zhu (Xiao Gui) & Xia Ya (Wu Xiong), and Xiao Gui's character never fails to crack me up.

But if audiences are expecting a good drama like ISWAK OR Hana Kimi, then you might be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_HZL
    Does anyone know if this show is on DVD yet?
    This show is currently still airing in Taiwan, so the DVDs are not out yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Leen_zhihai
    i heard that li li ren also act in this series? is it one of the main character? anyone know anything about it?
    I think Li Li Ren is acting as Ouyang Lei's Dad according to some behind the scenes reports... He has just appeared in Ep 6 as one of the judges for some model contest, where he made Lei catwalk up and down for over an hour.

However, it seems that both him and Lei do not know that they are related.

Not sure if my info is accurate... Someone correct me if I am wrong

at the beginning i didn't like it really, but in the middle it's going to be better. i was disappointed by the ending...it seems like somthing is missing

despite what people said about ariel from other threads, i still think she's better looking than the main actress in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by jaoma View Post
    at the beginning i didn't like it really, but in the middle it's going to be better. i was disappointed by the ending...it seems like somthing is missing
    do you recommend this series....is Joe still as adorable as iSWAK?
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

yes, joe is still adorable. I would recommend it to Joe fans, but don’t expect too much of the plot. It’s a nice serie without anything special. Some scenes are really cute and funny and it has some boring and annoying scenes as well.
    It’s very interesting seeing Joe work as a model. The photos are really nice:-)

Here is a clip of the beginning http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DlPYdE9bE

This was a sweet series, i mean nothing serious and all if you liked that, i know alot of people complained about wu xiong the female lead but i thought she was pretty cute, i mean yes exaggerated but it fits the personality of the character. i mean i love Hana Kimi too but Ella also exaggerated alot of scenes too so i dont think people should be so harsh on Wu xiong. plus its her first leading role!