Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which one of duan zheng chun's daughters is the most powerful?

这细细一的一枚钢针在尺许之内急射过来,要以无质的掌风将之震开,所使的掌 力自是大得惊人

The needle had left the mouth, hitting Ah Zhi makes no sense, you need to deflect the needle.

It was stated that he had no time to just rely on dodging and had to use his palm to push the needle away. So his palm was principally aimed at pushing the needle away. Ah Zhi was hit by the accompanying palm wind (collateral damage). The palm was not directed at Ah Zhi, it was directed at the needle.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Concur with CC's assessment, especially since a head on strike would just cause the needle to be embedded in one's own hand; a horizontal sideways strike was most likely what he used.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

especially since a head on strike would just cause the needle to be embedded in one's own hand
    The novel said that palm wind pushed away the projectile.

a horizontal sideways strike was most likely what he used.
    If he didn't have time to make one simple movement of tilting his head to the right, I doubt he had time to: raise his hand, move it to the right, and launch a strike to the left.

The palm was not directed at Ah Zhi, it was directed at the needle.
    Same direction, only a few inches apart. Same effect IMO.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    If he didn't have time to make one simple movement of tilting his head to the right, I doubt he had time to: raise his hand, move it to the right, and launch a strike to the left.
    This is one of those 'overanalysing' situations which I actually hate but here goes :

The needle would be coming straight at his face. His hand would not be in front of his face in a situation where he is trying to help Ah Zhi. That means that any movement of his palm to block/strike would automatically be sideways to his face.

So he did not have to :raise hand :move right: launch strike to left. He only had to :launch strike immediately. And the strike would by default be sideways.

Makes more sense that way too since Ah Zhi was on the floor. If it was not a sideways wind blast that got her, she wouldn't have flown out 100 feet but ended up embedded in the ground like Wile E Coyote in a Roadrunner Cartoon if XF hit her head on while she on the ground.

Fully concur with CC. Took the words right out of my mouth. A direct hit to Ah Zi, who was lying on the ground, wouldn't have sent her flying away; it would've just been like in Kung Fu Hustle, where the Beast punched poor Stephen Chow's head straight into the ground.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    This is one of those 'overanalysing' situations which I actually hate but here goes :
    You started it, so let's just try to settle it.

The needle would be coming straight at his face. His hand would not be in front of his face in a situation where he is trying to help Ah Zhi.
    I think his hands should be directly in front of Ah Zi, because in the paragraph preceding, he was physically sending some internal energy into her body, so his hand HAD TO be facing Ah Zi. Do you agree or not?

Now, facing Xiao Feng directly, she launches a needle. Facing her directly, he would need to raise his arm in a different direction if he wanted to attack sideways.
    Last edited by PJ; 09-12-07 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Fully concur with CC. Took the words right out of my mouth. A direct hit to Ah Zi, who was lying on the ground, wouldn't have sent her flying away; it would've just been like in Kung Fu Hustle, where the Beast punched poor Stephen Chow's head straight into the ground.
    You assumed it was a fully yang attack. But earlier Xiao Feng demonstrated the ability to launch a soft but still windy attack using a fully yin energy, which simply sent the monk flying out with no injury. If he hit Ah Zi with a "half yin half yang" energy then it would cause some injury while sending her flying out.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    You started it, so let's just try to settle it.

I think his hands should be directly in front of Ah Zi, because in the paragraph preceding, he was physically sending some internal energy into her body, so his hand HAD TO be facing Ah Zi. Do you agree or not?

Now, facing Xiao Feng directly, she launches a needle. Facing her directly, he would need to raise his arm in a different direction if he wanted to attack sideways.
    OK! *puts on wuxia geek glasses*

Ah Zhi spit the needle from her face to his face.

XF was sending energy to her with his hands. I am sure you would agree that it is unlikely his palms would be on her face or forehead or neck?

So there is a straight line between Ah Zhi's mouth and his face. His hands are not in this direct line of sight. Say his hands are on ermm.. her chest? The fastest shortest route is to direct his palms from her chest to their face level. This direction of movement would then be slanted from Ah Zhi rather then towards Ah Zhi.

How come the dude has so many female sperm?

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    How come the dude has so many female sperm?
    It's probably just Karma for his philandering ways...now he must watch his daughters fall for the same men.
    I like me.

It's very likely his sperm had defective Y chromosomes. Thus he's only able to produce daughters. And the only son he had, wasn't his son.