Thread: HYS falling in love with Mei Chao Feng

Default HYS falling in love with Mei Chao Feng

wat do u guys think about HYS falling in love with Mei Chao Feng in the 3rd addition?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    wat do u guys think about HYS falling in love with Mei Chao Feng in the 3rd addition?
    Mei Chao Feng was described to look like this: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v44/bingcute/200672923294848545.jpg')

So there was nothing wrong with HYS falling in love with Mei Chao Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR

sick!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    sick!
    Why is it sick? It's not like he acted on those feelings.
    Anyway, back in those days, old men with young women was common enough. Still happens now too.

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01
    Anyway, back in those days, old men with young women was common enough. Still happens now too.
    The interesting thing is *why* he did not act on his feelings? Essentially in the 3rd edition his situation is now identical to that of YG and XLN: i.e. teacher-student relationship which was taboo in those days. But he was the one and only East Herectic who didn't gave a hoot about conventional social views, so why didn't he act on his feelings? Was he already married and had a daughter when he took in MCF as his disciple? Even if he was, why would these be factors to be considered if he was truly a herectic?

Quote Originally Posted by dgfds01

Hold on, when he had these feelings for MCF, was he still with HR's mom?

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Sigh*, there was a reason why my third edition thread was a "sticky" for a very long time. A lot of information regarding the changes; including this one could be found in that thread. Read it, if you have anymore questions I will answer them.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    Sigh*, there was a reason why my third edition thread was a "sticky" for a very long time. A lot of information regarding the changes; including this one could be found in that thread. Read it, if you have anymore questions I will answer them.

Sorry....

I haven't had the time to read the new translations because I've been reading Ken's fan fic. I'll go read it now.

The Northern Hemisphere late winter 'blahs' have set in and people are getting a bit snarky. Spring will be here soon.
    You folks in the Southern Hemisphere have your own problems...like winter is coming.

no matter what i hate this change. It'd be very much better if Huang Yaoshi only loves Feng Heng.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    no matter what i hate this change. It'd be very much better if Huang Yaoshi only loves Feng Heng.

You don't want a new mommy?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

if he fell in love with MCF after she became iron corpse, sick-o.

through she was sort of hot in that goth girl way in that latest LOCH adaption.
    Last edited by kyss of the sword; 03-19-07 at 12:35 AM.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by bloodstar
    The interesting thing is *why* he did not act on his feelings? Essentially in the 3rd edition his situation is now identical to that of YG and XLN: i.e. teacher-student relationship which was taboo in those days. But he was the one and only East Herectic who didn't gave a hoot about conventional social views, so why didn't he act on his feelings? Was he already married and had a daughter when he took in MCF as his disciple? Even if he was, why would these be factors to be considered if he was truly a herectic?
    While he does not care about social opinion about him, he still has his own morals. I don't think he necessarily did things just because they were heretical.

He was still a proud man as we could see when he encountered LMC but did not kill her as he was her elder.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    Same here.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

I have a feeling that this change was made not so much to add anything to East Heretic Wong Yerk See or Mui Chiu Fung's characters, but more to set up Yeung Gor in ROCH.

The online text of LOCH edition 3 is not available for me, so I don't know exactly what happened in Huang Yaoshi's mind. (Someone pls shares the online source with me?)

From Athena's post, I guess Huang Yaoshi did not really fall in love with Mei Chaofeng. That was just a fugitive sentiment of a middle-aged man who had been living in the PBIsland for tens of years toward the first beautiful dear girl that he'd seen.
    Without the Huang Yaoshi having affections for Mei Chaofeng plot device, the following details might be unable to be explained reasonably.
    Well, but I have to repeat, I don't care whether LOCH the 3rd edition is smoother than the 2nd edition or not, I hate this change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    4) When Chen Xuanfeng had an affair with Mei Chaofeng and was discovered by Qu Lingfeng, both fought and Chen was defeated. Qu Lingfeng was angry because he felt that Chen Xuanfeng and Mei Chaofeng betrayed their teacher. (Mei once vowed that she will always stay at the side of her teacher no matter what). When Huang Yaoshi found out the reason for the fight between Qu and Chen, he was furious with Qu and broke his legs and disowned him. Reason because now his feelings for Mei were more or less exposed and he felt humiliated and blamed Qu Lingfeng. He and little Sha Gu were sent away.

From then onwards Chen Xuanfeng and Mei Chaofeng were ignored by Huang Yaoshi, he did not teach them anything anymore.

At a certain point Huang Yaoshi left the Peach Blossom Isle and came back months later with his new wife. (Huang Rong's mother) His new wife was even a few months younger than Mei.
    Once at a certain Chinese festival, Huang Yaoshi drank a few more cups of wine and muttered:"Who dares to say that old East Heretic is in love with his female pupil! Lingfeng was spouting nonsense! Where is he now, I forgive him. Tell him to come back!"

When Chen Xuanfeng heard this, he and Mei Chaofeng decided to leave Peach Blossom Isle and decided to steal the second manual of Jiuyin Zhenjing.
    Chen was very much afraid that Qu Lingfeng would come back.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 03-20-07 at 10:58 PM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。