Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: HSDS chapter 25...

arrrgh.....little wuji should not have been stupid at this point! hmmm...i wished he would fight them using taiji

Aiyah.. that little wuji!! Even when his YiFu's life is at stake, he tries to reason.

trying to reason things out before a fight erupts... that's woderfu, peaceful, etc... but reasoning out with your opponents during the heat of the fight...only philosophers do that, warriors would kill your right out!!! poor zwj -- trying to be a philosopher during a fight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrog View Post
    trying to reason things out before a fight erupts... that's woderfu, peaceful, etc... but reasoning out with your opponents during the heat of the fight...only philosophers do that, warriors would kill your right out!!! poor zwj -- trying to be a philosopher during a fight!!!
    Reasoning and showing restraint from killing even during a fight is actually fair enough. Even Xiao Feng and Hong Qi Gong showed restraint in the middle of life and death fights when necessary. All Wuji should have done was continue to take precautions while withdrawing from the fight instead of 100% trusting the opponent.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Reasoning and showing restraint from killing even during a fight is actually fair enough. Even Xiao Feng and Hong Qi Gong showed restraint in the middle of life and death fights when necessary. All Wuji should have done was continue to take precautions while withdrawing from the fight instead of 100% trusting the opponent.
    i also agree to that, CC. if i was one of the great masters i think i could also do that. but if it was me in the middle of a life and death fight - i'd fight first with all my might and leave the reasoning to after the fight(unreasonable me!!)

thx foxs! cant wait for next part...hopefully WJ mans up andf inally finishes these 3...ZM is doing awesome but seeing how they messed around with JHPP..i doubt she will succeed =(.....
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

ZM is doing pretty well. Thanks foxs_.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

more more more
    TaZzY InC

Wuji could at least not try to trust so much. In a life and death situation like that, believing in your opponent 100% is just unbelievably naive.

Nothing you can about do it. Those guys are on the offensive and their energy is formless. Even if everyone withdraws completely, they could simply attack at the last moment.

WJ didn't want them to die a violent death and took the higher road. Fortunately, when you do good, an even higher power will protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Yeah, its like karate's basic principle espounded by Bruce Lee and Mr Miyagi, even when you bow to your opponent, always keep your eyes on him.
    Would you love me in the Twilight Zone?

Went back and reread Chapter 20. Looks like Yang Ding Tian, the previous Cult Chief, wanted to send troops to Persia to retrieve the Fire Tablets so that Chinese Ming Sect could be freed from central command. Looks like a good chance for ZWJ to fulfill the mission set by his predecessor--if he could get out of this in one piece!

Quote Originally Posted by lthlth View Post
    Nothing you can about do it. Those guys are on the offensive and their energy is formless. Even if everyone withdraws completely, they could simply attack at the last moment.

WJ didn't want them to die a violent death and took the higher road. Fortunately, when you do good, an even higher power will protect you.
    Is Sweeper Monk going to appear in the next installment?

Quote Originally Posted by pannonian View Post

who is this sweeper monk?

Default Chapter 29 – Part 5

Miaofeng Shi was scared to death to see this fierce attack. Fortunately, the weapon in his hand was the Sheng Huo Ling, which looked like an iron ruler, without any sharp edge. As Zhao Min’s body landed on the weapon, she was unharmed. Her Sword had barely stabbed forward when her back was grabbed by Huiyue Shi. The Persian Three Emissaries’ collaboration in fighting the enemy together was truly marvelous beyond imagination.

Zhao Min’s two suicidal moves had thrown three martial art masters into confusion; until this time, Huiyue Shi only managed to grab Zhao Min’s back. Her grab seemed ordinary, but actually it was very accurate and swift like a meteor. Although Zhao Min’s sword was also swift and fierce, it still failed to reach Miaofeng Shi’s body in the end.

As Zhao Min felt her arm tighten, she knew something was amiss, she did not resist the pull, she let her body fall backwards at the same time turned her sword around and stabbed her own lower abdomen. This suicidal stance was even fiercer than the previous ones; it was a part of Wudang Pai’s sword technique called the ‘tian di tong sui’ [heaven and earth live together]. Actually, it was not created by Zhang Sanfeng, but came from Yin Liting’s painstaking effort; he meant to use it against Yang Xiao. Ever since Ji Xiaofu died, he could think nothing else but how to kill Yang Xiao to avenge her death; yet he realized his martial art skill was not Yang Xiao’s match. Although his Shifu was the number one martial artist in the world, his own intelligence and perception was limited; his comprehension was only about 30, 40% of his Shifu’s skill. In any case, after killing Yang Xiao he did not think to live anyway, hence on the Wudang mountain he painstakingly thought of several moves, which might enable him to kill the enemy while disregarding his own life.

Yin Liting trained his sword in secret. One time Zhang Sanfeng saw him. He sighed, knowing that whatever he said, Yin Liting could not be persuaded. Thereafter he named this stance ‘tian di tong shou’, meaning that after someone dies, the spirit becomes immortal, it will live for tens of thousand springs (season). Hence, in actuality, it was a solemn and stirring sword move to take away the shell in which that spirit resides.

Yin Liting’s senior disciple was trying to use this stance at the Wan An Temple; luckily Fan Yao saved him. Zhao Min saw it and this time she used it. This move could be used to kill an enemy who was grabbing one from behind. The sharp sword penetrated one’s lower abdomen, straight through to the enemy’s lower abdomen; how would Huiyue Shi escape? If Miaofeng Shi was not scared out of his wits and Liuyun Shi was standing close by, then the two of them might be able to save her, since Huiyue Shi and her partners had been working together long enough that they developed an alertness as if they were one person.

They saw the Yitian Sword was about to pierce Zhao Min and Huiyue Shi’s lower abdomen. Right at this crucial moment Zhang Wuji succeeded in breaking through his sealed acupoint. Quickly he reached out to seize the Yitian Sword. Zhao Min struggled to free herself from Huiyue Shi’s grab. Moving very fast she took the Sheng Huo Ling from Zhang Wuji’s hand and threw it far away. ‘Swish!’ it fell among the sharp steel spikes Jin Hua Popo spread on the ground earlier.

To the Persian Three Emissaries, this Sheng Huo Ling was as important as their lives. Liuyun Shi and Huiyue Shi disregarded Zhang Wuji and Zhao Min as their enemy; they did not even give any thought to Miaofeng Shi’s safety, they jumped toward the steel spike formation to look for the Sheng Huo Ling.

Rushing forward for only a ‘zhang’ or so, they reached the steel spikes. “Ah!” Huiyue Shi screamed, as she treaded on one of the steel spikes.

It was a moonless night with wind blowing hard, the grass was knee-deep; they could not see the steel spikes and the Sheng Huo Ling. They were forced to get down and pull the spikes while groping around for the Sheng Huo Ling. At that moment Miaofeng Shi called out in alarm, as if he had just awaken from a dream, and leaped forward to follow his comrades.

In order to save Zhang Wuji, Zhao Min had used these three stances much like a rabbit fighting a falcon; certainly without even give it a thought in advance. Now that the excitement subsided, the more she thought about it, the more she was afraid. “Wah!” she broke into a cry and threw herself in Zhang Wuji’s bosom.

Zhang Wuji embraced her with a heart full of gratitude, but he realized that as soon as the Persian Three Emissaries found the Sheng Huo Ling, they would turn around against them. “Let’s go quickly!” he hastily said. He turned to return the Tulong Saber to Xie Xun. Carrying the severely wounded Yin Li, he said, “Xie Da Xia, let us temporarily escape from them.”

“Right,” Xie Xun replied. Stooping down he unsealed Jin Hua Popo’s acupoints.

Zhang Wuji thought that after narrowly escaped death, Jin Hua Popo would certainly forget her enmity towards Xie Xun. Four people went down the hill for several ‘zhang’s when Zhang Wuji thought that although Yin Li was his own cousin, yet a man and a woman should not be to close to each other; thereupon he handed her over so Jin Hua Popo could carry her.

Zhao Min was leading the way, followed by Jin Hua Popo and Xie Xun. Zhang Wuji was the last, to protect them against the enemy. Looking back he saw the Persian Three Emissaries were still stooping down, searching among the long thick patch of grass. Zhang Wuji recalled the thrill of his defeat just now, and his heart shivered in fear; plus he was not sure if Yin Li would survive this severe injury.

While he was still deep in thought, suddenly he heard Xie Xun’s angry shout and saw him sending his fist toward Jin Hua Popo’s back. Jin Hua Popo reached back to parry, while simultaneously throwing Yin Li to the ground. Zhang Wuji was shocked and flew forward.

“Mrs. Han,” Xie Xun barked, “Why do you want to kill Miss Yin?”

Jin Hua Popo laughed coldly, “Whether you killed me or not, that’s your business. Whether I want to kill her or not, that’s my business. Why do you care anyway?”

“Since I am here,” Zhang Wuji said, “I won’t let you harm anybody on your whim.”

“Haven’t you meddled enough in other people business for today, Sire?” Jin Hua Popo asked.

“That’s not necessarily your business,” Zhang Wuji said, “The Persian Three Emissaries will pursue us here in an instant and you still will not go?”

Jin Hua Popo snorted and ran westward. Suddenly she shot three golden flowers backhandedly toward the back of Yin Li’s head. Zhang Wuji stretched out his hand and flicked his fingers. ‘Swish, swish, swish!’ the sound of golden flowers split the air, flying back toward Jin Hua Popo, stronger than arrows shot from a crossbow.

Jin Hua Popo had already seen his face clearly when Zhang Wuji held Yin Li for the first time and wiped out the beards pasted on his lips. Since realizing this young man’s internal energy was surprisingly very profound, she did not dare to reach out and catch; hastily she ducked down to dodge. The three golden flowers swept past her robe and tore away three big strips of clothes on her back. She was so frightened that her heart was jumping madly; she scurried away without even looking back.

Zhang Wuji reached out to carry Yin Li. Suddenly he heard Zhao Min moan in pain while bending her waist and pressed both hands on her lower abdomen. Hastily he went forward and asked, “What is it?” But then he saw that her hands were full of blood, which was still seeping out from her fingers. Turned out the ‘tian di tong shou’ had stabbed her abdomen after all.

Zhang Wuji was very shocked and busily asked, “Is the injury deep?”

Right at that moment they heard Miaofeng Shi cheered, “I found it! I found it!”

“Don’t mind me!” Zhao Min urged, “Go! Just go!” Zhang Wuji reached out to carry her and rushed downhill.

“To the ship! We escape to the sea!” Zhao Min said.

“Right!” Zhang Wuji responded. With one hand carried Yin Li and the other hand Zhao Min, he sped downhill.

Xie Xun followed close behind; he was secretly astonished, “This youngster is amazing; carrying two adults yet still able to run this fast.”

Zhang Wuji was so anxious that he felt his heart go numb. Even if only one of these two girls in his hands would die of her wounds, he would hate himself for the rest of his life. Luckily their bodies were still warm and did not gradually turn cold.

IMHO, when lthlth said above phrase, pannonian is mocking that if Zang Wuji can't handle things on his own, there is no one other than sweeper monk who could reinforce him, saying:

Sweeper monk is a character from Demi Gods, Semi Devil. Sometimes he is arguably regarded as the strongest martial artist of Jing Yong Universe.
    I also believe in this statement, since he could subdue three Greats in row.

By the way, thanks foxs_ for the update.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Sweeper monk is the supper, dupper, ubber, BBQ hero hero of the jin joung universe...

not only does he defeat 3 greats with ease... he does it in such a way that they give up all other things in life... just to become deciples.

He is the single redeaming monk that justifies Shaolins reputation .

Quote Originally Posted by aliderhamy View Post
    Sweeper monk is the supper, dupper, ubber, BBQ hero hero of the jin joung universe...

not only does he defeat 3 greats with ease... he does it in such a way that they give up all other things in life... just to become deciples.

He is the single redeaming monk that justifies Shaolins reputation .
    I really like Kong Jian

I really like Kong Jian

yo yo.....i too like him

------------" see of misery is endless...turn towards shore"-------------

by the way,did i mention any time i feel gratitude towards fox for bringing this greatest story down to us?