Thread: Lovers' Arrow [Possible Spoiler]

Default Lovers' Arrow [Possible Spoiler]

Just wondering if someone could help me out. In the epilogue, Zhan Mengbai recieves three wedding gifts, a broken four stringed bow, a bundle of dark green silk thread and a golden hammer. The broken four stringed bow I presume is from Feng Rusong and Feng Sanhua, the golden hammer I guess is from Master Lan Da but who sent the green thread? Thanks in advance.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    Just wondering if someone could help me out. In the epilogue, Zhan Mengbai recieves three wedding gifts, a broken four stringed bow, a bundle of dark green silk thread and a golden hammer. The broken four stringed bow I presume is from Feng Rusong and Feng Sanhua, the golden hammer I guess is from Master Lan Da but who sent the green thread? Thanks in advance.
    What a coincidence, I happen to be re-reading "The Lovers' Arrows" myself. Great novel, isn't it? I find myself enjoying it the 2nd time even more.

I assume the silk was sent by Xiao WangSun. If you recall, he was using a simple silk belt to battle Master Blue and his 100 cattie iron hammer.

You can always trust TigerWong to help out with Gu Long related questions!

The silk could be from Xiao Wangsun but from the epilogue, it seems that he was at the wedding. The three gifts seem to have come from mysterious well wishers that weren't present.

Yes, it's a great read! I liked this novel a lot despite still not knowing whether I liked Zhan Mengbai or not. Good story and good pacing to the novel, most of the loose ends tied up and some nice fight scenes. Even the ending wasn't bad. Or at least that bad At least it made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles
    The silk could be from Xiao Wangsun but from the epilogue, it seems that he was at the wedding. The three gifts seem to have come from mysterious well wishers that weren't present.
    Hmm, maybe when I get to the end again I'll remember more of the details. He still seems to be the most likely candidate, but then I don't recall all the supporting cast at the moment.

Yes, it's a great read! I liked this novel a lot despite still not knowing whether I liked Zhan Mengbai or not. Good story and good pacing to the novel, most of the loose ends tied up and some nice fight scenes. Even the ending wasn't bad. Or at least that bad At least it made me laugh.
    When I first read the novel, I absolutely hated Zhan MengBai. I thought his stubborness was childish and stupid, and allowing his pride and anger to get in the way of accomplishing his goals. But after some thought, and reading it again, I actually kinda like the guy and his spirited passion. His powered-up anger mode during battles is amusing, like a mini-Hulk. Reminds me of a young Master Blue. So of course, I find it hilarious because he always finds himself the subject of unjust blame, making him even more pissed off and constantly indignant. Sometimes I feel like he's going to burst an artery.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerWong
    When I first read the novel, I absolutely hated Zhan MengBai. I thought his stubborness was childish and stupid, and allowing his pride and anger to get in the way of accomplishing his goals.
    Yes, that's the thing I hate about him! I like his passion and his chilvarious nature but his stubborness and pride... ! So frustrating. I wished someone like Xiao Wangsun could have smacked some humilty into him.