Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there a way to block select users avatar?

Signature pictures are very annoying. I hate scrolling down the same image over and over when I just want to read the thread content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    That's not fair for bellamia. Even if my upper arm strength is not desirable (swimming has to have helped some, I hope) if the situation was not looking good for me, I could easily outrun bellamia.
    I forgot to add, my basement is chain locked during this event. No where to run to dearest.

Besides, I don't have anything to clear up with bellamia. I was trying to alleviate a conflict, bellamia was trying to exacerbate a perfectly fine situation. Our motives were entirely different. I was just feeling bad because both me and bella criticized GuGu's avatar, and I know GuGu can be an emotional wreck, so I tried to make a gesture of kindness at the expense of bellamia, who I know is self-confident enough to take my joking remarks with little regard *cough*.

Emotional wreck?
    You're so mean, I hate you!

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Signature pictures are very annoying. I hate scrolling down the same image over and over when I just want to read the thread content.

But you can also disable it so that you don't have to look at it. This option is for those who want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    I also have another question to the mods. How come we can't put up image signatures? Many other sites have them, why doesn't SPCNET.TV have one? In the past was there an option to do that, but some how someone abused it and SPCNET disabled it? What's the story?
    SPCNET never had images in signatures enabled. That one member just pasted an image in every post with a divider/separator bar to make it look like a signature with an image.

My guess as to why we don't have that option is because it takes too much posting space and carries too much weight in regards to bandwidth and etc.

SC or any of the other mods can give more details on this.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    SPCNET never had images in signatures enabled. That one member just pasted an image in every post with a divider/separator bar to make it look like a signature with an image.

My guess as to why we don't have that option is because it takes too much posting space and carries too much weight in regards to bandwidth and etc.

SC or any of the other mods can give more details on this.

Yeah, I know that SPCNET.TV didn't have it in the last 5 years, that was when I started checking on this site for updates on chinese wuxia series. And yeah, I know about members posting pics to promote their favorite series like that Peter guy. I gave him a hard time about it too, sorry Peter.

Thanks for the help Suet Seung. I'm surprised you haven't warned us three girls again for going off topic. I am really trying to keep the 'going off topic' to a minimum. But that Bellamia and Sparky *shakes head* They're real trouble makers. * runs to hide*

Yeah, I know that SPCNET.TV didn't have it in the last 5 years, that was when I started checking on this site for updates on chinese wuxia series. And yeah, I know about members posting pics to promote their favorite series like that Peter guy. I gave him a hard time about it too, sorry Peter.

Thanks for the help Suet Seung. I'm surprised you haven't warned us three girls again for going off topic. I am really trying to keep the 'going off topic' to a minimum. But that Bellamia and Sparky *shakes head* They're real trouble makers. * runs to hide*
    At your age, you shouldn't need someone to warn *ahem* remind you twice or thrice before you correct yourself. I mean how else would you set an example for your juniors.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    At your age, you shouldn't need someone to warn *ahem* remind you twice or thrice before you correct yourself. I mean how else would you set an example for your juniors.

Juniors? Most of the people I talk to are older than me on this forum. But yeah, that's no excuse for me to go off topic. Damn, I'm going off topic talking about going off topic.

About bandwith and space, I've been to sites that have both avatar and signature with a bigger community than SPCNET. And the site owner gets free hosting. I'm not good with computers and stuff so I don't know what the differences are. Maybe someone can explain?

LOL

It's something I'm very ashamed of.

I put the dates and the rank I get when I play poker. Yes, I'm an online poker addict. I play until the early mornings of the hour. Getting very little sleep before work. I'll stop once I win the tournament. I'll compete online, get first place, compete again at an all winners table online. Then if I win, I go to Las Vegas to be on NBC's Poker After Dark or something along that line. Ask Lunar, he knows it all.
    u need to get less addicted ur always playing
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Anyway, it's really quite funny that someone hated your avatar so much that they made a topic on it. I kind of don't notice anymore. In fact, half the time I don't realize who I'm replying to until I click "quote" and it shows up.
    it's a legit post and the admin should have guidelines on what is acceptable avatar and what is not. since this is a G rated forum, that avatar was inappropriate.

i'd imagine people like you wouldn't notice the details since getting your message across is more important. the following quotation seems true for you
    every eel hopes to become a whale

Quote Originally Posted by 3spirit
    it's a legit post and the admin should have guidelines on what is acceptable avatar and what is not. since this is a G rated forum, that avatar was inappropriate.

i'd imagine people like you wouldn't notice the details since getting your message across is more important. the following quotation seems true for you

What in the world?!?!?! Why are you being mean to Sparky? She was only voicing her opinion. I could of had kept that avatar since I haven't gotten any warning from the mods. I actually had the kindness to change it for you so that you wouldn't have to miss out on other people's avatars. What was inappropriate about my previous avatar? It was only a person with make up, and I'm sure many people know that much.

Banned

What was inappropriate about my previous avatar? It was only a person with make up, and I'm sure many people know that much.
    really? why don't we let kids watch horror movies? after all it's only people with make up and special effects

really? why don't we let kids watch horror movies? after all it's only people with make up and special effects

How old are we talking about? I don't think little kids who aren't allowed to watch horror movies should even be allowed to use the internet for anything but research. And to register on a forum of any sort for kids who can't even watch horror movies yet?

Banned

How old are we talking about? I don't think little kids who aren't allowed to watch horror movies should even be allowed to use the internet for anything but research. And to register on a forum of any sort for kids who can't even watch horror movies yet?
    then what are you doing here?

last I checked horror movies are rated R which basically excludes all teenagers

And this forum is 13+ from what I remember when I registered, not for infants.

Both of you either add each other to the ignore list or carry this conversation away from public eyes.

Uh....Ever heard of 'The Ring'?

LOL

Did you not read what I wrote to Suet Seung? And like what yearning said, 13+. And that picture was not rated X or NC-17. It was a picture of a person with make up. I see that kind of thing on TV all the time where kids as little as 1, 2, 3, so on can see it.

LOL

Did you not read what I wrote to Suet Seung? And like what yearning said, 13+. And that picture was not rated X or NC-17. It was a picture of a person with make up. I see that kind of thing on TV all the time where kids as little as 1, 2, 3, so on can see it.
    gugu why dunt u use that sad girl long hair black background avatar again :P so people dont have to block u
    Last edited by LuNaR; 03-19-07 at 12:08 AM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Looks like some members need to read or reread the forum guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by spcnet
    V. Spam

a) Off-topic - Try to keep your topics and posts On-topic. This helps keep the forum more organized and flowing more fluidly. Also, remarks about other members for going off-topic in that same topic is also going off topic.
    RE: avatars, If you don't like someone's avatar, add them to your ignore list.