Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World's View of Qiao Feng, Correct of Not?

Default World's View of Qiao Feng, Correct of Not?

Do you think the world was right about being cautious with QF and to bring him up strictly as a future beggar leader candidate? People such as the supreme monk were afraid he would be trouble for the world in the future. They brought him up in a caring family with a humble childhood. However, they're actions seem to have some justifications.

Afterall, he killed a doctor when he was just a child. How many Jin Yong main protagonists can add that to their resume? GJ killed MCF's lover out of fear and defense, but QF did the act out of retribution for the doctor's mistreatment of his mother and the blame that he took for the medical money. But I don't think that was enough to justify for a child feeling the urge to kill someone. So the argument is, do you think Qiao Feng would've potentially turned into an antagonist if the world was not cautious with his upbringing? What would happen if we was placed in Yeung Hong's upbringing of spoiling and riches?

i think being extra cautious was a correct move. i mean they did kill QF's parent. imo they shouldnt even teach QF martial arts and juss let him live a happy life w/ his adopted family, so then no1 will know his identity and he wunt know his identity and he will hav a happy life. i think QF killing that doctor was pretty wrong, especially since hes only 10. i mean he did lack money and stuff. the doctor shoulda healed his adopted mom, but even if he didnt, the doctor doesnt deserve death! if he was placed in yeung hong's upbringing, and with his potential, maybe he woulda defeated GJ and the Jin dynasty woulda took over the Sung.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

he was hot head. i believe that was what jin yong tried to say about him. but later he met this shaolin monk who thought him martial arts and quelled this temper till the few time it came out, e.g. the fight at the manor.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

If the ringleaders had left no trace of XF's real heritage for Quan to expose and XF was never told, what we would have is the original nationalistic Qiao Feng who would continue leading beggar sect in bashing up any Liao soldier who they come across.

It'll be a bloodbath if Wangyan Honglie invaded then.

Until he finally figures out what the damn wolf head on his chest is about I suppose.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Strange though that they didn't think that the Shaolin Temple would have been a better place for XF to grow up in instead of the Beggar Sect. Be a monk, have all the Buddhist mumbo jumbo ingrained into him from young. Hell, XF would have brought back a bit of glory for Shaolin.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Strange though that they didn't think that the Shaolin Temple would have been a better place for XF to grow up in instead of the Beggar Sect. Be a monk, have all the Buddhist mumbo jumbo ingrained into him from young. Hell, XF would have brought back a bit of glory for Shaolin.
    XF? A monk!?!?!? No roast meat? No WINE?!!?

Anyway, we know the real reason is that JY wanted him to use Xiang Long Zhang.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    XF? A monk!?!?!? No roast meat? No WINE?!!?

Anyway, we know the real reason is that JY wanted him to use Xiang Long Zhang.
    Certainly .

XF as a monk probably wouldn't be as awesomely badass as the XF we know off. Interesting to imagine what kind of a monk he would have been though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Certainly .

XF as a monk probably wouldn't be as awesomely badass as the XF we know off. Interesting to imagine what kind of a monk he would have been though.
    He would be the abbot! J/K Well if he was a monk JY would probably make him master YJJ.

If he was a monk, SM and him would be buddies. Now that would be awesome.

I think Xiao Xuan Xian made a fair point when he furiously questioned the good intentions of his upbringers.

On the one hand they groomed him and gave him the wulin hero fast track programme ensuring his life would not be doomed to oblivion but one of glory and prestige. While it is quite valid to say that living a happy and content but simple existance as a farmer is equally as good i think those ppl in their hearts felt this was somewhat compensation.

On the other hand they basically had him turned into a han chinese whilst to han chinese ppl, to turn your back against your own ppl is "bu yi". Further, they put him in a position where it was highly likely he would be committing treason against his real nationality.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    I think Xiao Xuan Xian made a fair point when he furiously questioned the good intentions of his upbringers.
    Xiao Yuan Shan.

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    he was hot head. i believe that was what jin yong tried to say about him. but later he met this shaolin monk who thought him martial arts and quelled this temper till the few time it came out, e.g. the fight at the manor.
    I think this is the main point of the thread. What happens if QF was not brought up securely and received enlightment from Yuen Fu monk? Given his temper and his martial arts learning talent, this guy could have potentially become a villain in the DGSD era.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    If he was a monk, SM and him would be buddies. Now that would be awesome.
    Then we'll probably have Sweeper Monk becoming an alcoholic like Xiao Feng after several 'Chan (Zen)' drinking sessions. Who knows what these two heavy drinkers will do when they get pissed? Burning the Sutra Storing Pavilion? ^^
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong View Post
    Then we'll probably have Sweeper Monk becoming an alcoholic like Xiao Feng after several 'Chan (Zen)' drinking sessions. Who knows what these two heavy drinkers will do when they get pissed? Burning the Sutra Storing Pavilion? ^^

Problem is, I don't think there is enough wine in Shao Shi Shan to get either of them drunk.

Qiao Feng was Jin Yong's Hercules. Just as Qiao Feng killed the doctor, Hercules killed his teacher Linus at a young age.

They both loved to drink too.

Although, Qiao Feng had Achilles pride and invincibility which cost them both dearly.
    Last edited by Dennis Chen; 09-15-09 at 01:56 AM.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Xf's worldview. The kid killing the doctor was out of filial piety. Refusing to save when you can, is almost as bad as killing someone. Such a scumbag doctor deserves it.

The same killing streak was also seen in young Guojing.

We should query the worldviews of those whose blind rashness killed the innocent Xiaoyuanshan and family and their ill-concerived plans to teach him martial arts without figuring that the base nature of the Khitan could not even be compared to the evil natures that could surface from the likes of those within the Han and which led to the abuse of the truth thus spoiling their good plans. Still the results were better than they would ever know even though the purpose failed that still did not stopped the great Xf from doing something greater than none of them could ever done. For that childhood killing for a kid who don't know that killing is wrong, he was still the very best hero and greatest martial artist of them all.

They judged a BABY, how do you justify that? They were afraid more out of guilt and racism.

And adding to what Timeless said about the doc, if XF got dirt on his face for that it's most probably because he's a Khitan and they will think "that's his Khitan heritage working its wonders", when Han Chinese are completely capable of the same deeds.

I find their motives questionable for raising him as a highly-skilled martial art artiste too. If they were that scared and all, why didn't they hand him over to a simple farmer? It was basically what Zhuge Liang said in an above point. They were making use of him all along, and had the nerve to treat him the way they did once his background got exposed.

I think this is partly why this novel shines. It strips people down to bare bone, and shows the hypocrisy of the Han Chinese who were usually portrayed as the "victims".
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    They judged a BABY, how do you justify that? They were afraid more out of guilt and racism.

And adding to what Timeless said about the doc, if XF got dirt on his face for that it's most probably because he's a Khitan and they will think "that's his Khitan heritage working its wonders", when Han Chinese are completely capable of the same deeds.

I find their motives questionable for raising him as a highly-skilled martial art artiste too. If they were that scared and all, why didn't they hand him over to a simple farmer? It was basically what Zhuge Liang said in an above point. They were making use of him all along, and had the nerve to treat him the way they did once his background got exposed.

I think this is partly why this novel shines. It strips people down to bare bone, and shows the hypocrisy of the Han Chinese who were usually portrayed as the "victims".
    A+ analysis. Second every single one of them.

their ill-concerived plans to teach him martial arts without figuring that the base nature of the Khitan could not even be compared to the evil natures that could surface from the likes of those within the Han
    Could you clarify this? I can't tell if you are saying that the Khitans are worse by nature compared to Hans, or that Hans are just as bad as Khitans.

So the argument is, do you think Qiao Feng would've potentially turned into an antagonist if the world was not cautious with his upbringing? What would happen if we was placed in Yeung Hong's upbringing of spoiling and riches?
    By nature, I think that XF is a loyal fellow who is not too hard-up about worldly goods. He's disciplined enough to master martial arts, and he can command the respect and loyalty of his followers. Whether or not he could be an antagonist would depend on who raised him. He would fight and probably die for whatever cause he was raised on, just like he did for the beggar sect.

However, if you meant antagonist as a cunning, deceitful, "villainous" character rather than someone whose cause is opposed to that of the patriotic groups, then I think the answer is probably no. My opinion is that his character wouldn't change that much even if the side he fought on was different.

Quote Originally Posted by thesoothsayer View Post
    Could you clarify this? I can't tell if you are saying that the Khitans are worse by nature compared to Hans, or that Hans are just as bad as Khitans.
    That quote was saying that they judged XF based on his bloodline, thinking that Khitans are so bad so evil, without realising that Han Chinese can be a lot more worse.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."