Some questions regarding the Shaolin Heroes Conference during DGSD and its aftermath:
1. After a long buildup, we finally got North Kiu Fung vs. South Mo Yung (F'uk). For a while, we had been suspecting that Mo Yung F'uk wasn't really in Kiu Fung's class as a fighter, but the people in wulin (including Kiu Fung himself) didn't know that. Going into the fight, Kiu Fung was probably anticipating the most difficult one-on-one fight of his life...against an opponent who was truly his equal. About how many strokes into the fight would you say Kiu Fung figured out, "Hmmm. This Mo Yung F'uk isn't all he's cracked up to be. I think I can take him pretty easily,"?
2. Was Yip 2 Leung in on the Massacre at Nga Mun Gate? Was her affair with Chief Abbot Yeun Chi before or after the Nga Mun Gate Massacre? In DGSD '81, she recognized Siu Yeun San when he finally unmasked, but would she have known who he was? The only way she would have recognized him would have been if she had been among those who had taken part in the massacre years ago.
3. Interestingly, this was the only time that all the fathers of the various young principals were all present: Siu Yeun San (Siu Fung), Mo Yung Bok (Mo Yung F'uk), Deun Yin Hing and Deun Jing Tsun (Deun Yu), and Chief Abbot Yeun Chi (Hui Juk).
4. Why didn't Deun Yin Hing, Divine Crocodile, or Wan Chung Hok intervene on Yip 2 Leung's behalf when things started going down? "Evil" though they might have been, they had always been very loyal to each other.
5. Siu Yeun San had murdered all those people (Yeun Fu, the Kius, Grandpa and Granny Tam, Chiu Cheen Sheun, etc.) because they all knew the secret of the Massacre of Nga Mun Gate, but refused to reveal it. OK, that's fine, but if Siu Yeun San really hated the idea of the secret being kept so much, why didn't he reveal it earlier? He could have saved his son a whole lot of grief. The gathering at Tsui Yin Manor would have been a good time.