Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess a series game:

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

you guys are so fast, I don't think I can keep track all the entries

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Anybody can post a question, rite? here goes mine....

A prince overlooked by his father, bullied by his brothers. he raped a commoner and later falls in love with her. he left her, killed his father and assume the throne. Years later he kills himself to compensate for what he did to his lover.

hint: ATV 1990-1998

Secret Battle of the Majesties
    ATV - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by .DotPoint.
    Secret Battle of the Majesties
    ATV - 1994
    Hooo-yeah, 10 points for .DotPoint.!

too easy, isnt it?

Here's another one,

A dynasty overthrown, the surviving daughter and son of the defeated dynasty's general went to live with the general that led the assault. The general and his son fell in love with the daughter, but she loved only the general. later both committed suicide in the name of love ( stupid!)

Hint: Taiwan
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-21-07 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    Hooo-yeah, 10 points for .DotPoint.!

too easy, isnt it?

Here's another one,

A dynasty overthrown, the surviving daughter and son of the defeated dynasty's general went to live with the general that led the assault. The general and his son fell in love with the daughter, but she loved only the general. later both committed suicide in the name of love ( stupid!)

Hint: Taiwan
    Sounds like Qiong Yao's work.

The Eternal Love I/Princess Xin Yue.

Worst QY drama ever!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    The Eternal Love I/Princess Xin Yue.
    dang...you guys are good!

Worst QY drama ever!
    I cursed Xin Yue and Nu Da Hai all throughout the series, yet i find myself still watching it to the end, hoping for a sign of realism in both stupid characters, but the ending just killed me....

Suet Seung, who's that on your avatar? She seems so freaking familiar but somehow her name just wont come to my mind.....It's been bugging me for hours!
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-21-07 at 08:54 AM.

dang...you guys are good!

I cursed Xin Yue and Nu Da Hai all throughout the series, yet i find myself still watching it to the end, hoping for a sign of realism in both stupid characters, but the ending just killed me....
    Heh, I wanted her to turn around and fall for the son but did she? No she fell for the man whose good enough to be her father! Ludicrious!

Clue

The Northerners don't get along with the Southerners. Two Destined Star-cross lovers, who didn't like each other at first and fought often. Sad ending. No one ended up with anyone.

TVB
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

The Northerners don't get along with the Southerners. Two Destined Star-cross lovers, who didn't like each other at first and fought often.
    if you had stopped at this sentence i wouldve answered Lady Fan, tho im not sure if Sai leong and Tai Tong are considered Northerners and Southerners

No one wanna give it a shot?
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-21-07 at 10:39 AM.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

You guys are full of tvb expert, lol, I cannot join, other than JY I just doesn't watch other series coz of the subtitle, only watch a couple of korean series, but I watch lots of US and anime series. Later on will post my clues on those series

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    I think I'm really calling it the night this time, or else I'll end up getting in a car accident while driving in reverse tomorrow morning.

Hopefully everyone's having a nice snooze. The answer to the above can be found here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xt6djgJJVmE
    Oh man, I was going to answer this too. But I did not see the series. Plus the jade fox kind of fooled me. I pictured Hugo mostly in green because of jade, lol.

Heh, I wanted her to turn around and fall for the son but did she? No she fell for the man whose good enough to be her father! Ludicrious!

Clue

The Northerners don't get along with the Southerners. Two Destined Star-cross lovers, who didn't like each other at first and fought often. Sad ending. No one ended up with anyone.

TVB
    Brothers Under the Skin?

Thief of Honor?
    Last edited by Felix; 03-21-07 at 01:38 PM.

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

hmm - sounds fun. i have one too:

he's a news reporter, she's a doctor. she had proposed to him once and he accepted but the marriage didn't go through because he had to move to US and but she don't want to.

clue: quite an old japanese series
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak
    hmm - sounds fun. i have one too:

he's a news reporter, she's a doctor. she had proposed to him once and he accepted but the marriage didn't go through because he had to move to US and but she don't want to.

clue: quite an old japanese series
    Love Revolution
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Clue:

My older sister is out going and smart, she's getting married to her long time boyfriend. My younger sister is shy, quiet, and is a model lady, who falls in love with an older divorced man. I am considered a tomboy, can beat up guys who piss me off. I've traveled to many countries to learn martial arts, but in the end I fall in love with a guy too. My mom is very nice. My dad loves all of us and tries to keep boys away from us.

Timeline Aired: 1995-2000

Whoever gets this correct will receive a prize from me.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    Clue:

My older sister is out going and smart, she's getting married to her long time boyfriend. My younger sister is shy, quiet, and is a model lady, who falls in love with an older divorced man. I am considered a tomboy, can beat up guys who piss me off. I've traveled to many countries to learn martial arts, but in the end I fall in love with a guy too. My mom is very nice. My dad loves all of us and tries to keep boys away from us.

Timeline Aired: 1995-2000

Whoever gets this correct will receive a prize from me.
    the legend of gugu ?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    the legend of gugu ?

GuGu doesn't have any siblings, she doesn't even know her own origin, no one does.

Suet Seung, who's that on your avatar? She seems so freaking familiar but somehow her name just wont come to my mind.....It's been bugging me for hours!

That's Noel Leung or some others will know her by Vivian Leung. I believe that's a snapshot of her in Against the Blade of Honor trying to convince Eddie Cheung that she can teach him to beat her husband Louis Koo.

And can Suet Seung kindly provide more clues as I have no idea what you have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Oh man, I was going to answer this too. But I did not see the series. Plus the jade fox kind of fooled me. I pictured Hugo mostly in green because of jade, lol.
    LoL. I really recommend watching this series since you haven't. It's pretty good and I think this is Hugo Ng's best performance. His character name is Cheurk Bat Fan. Sounds awfully familiar... His character is fairly similar to Chor Lau Heung in which he's a womanizer with high martial arts. He works under a special club that serves the government known as "Gum Lung Moon" or literally translated Golden Dragon Gate. This series also features one of my all-time favorite actors Jimmy Au as a Bo Ging Wan type of character named Lok Gu Fung.

Although this series was nothing less than a normal TVB series, it's still much better than any wuxia series put up by TVB these days. If you've enjoyed series such Kim Mo Tuk Ku Kau Pai, you'll definitely like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    That's Noel Leung or some others will know her by Vivian Leung. I believe that's a snapshot of her in Against the Blade of Honor trying to convince Eddie Cheung that she can teach him to beat her husband Louis Koo.
    thank you for that piece of info, wang...

im not as good as you guys in guessing tv series, so i'll just contribute the clues, ok...and i think even my clues are very easy to crack... so here's one....

Clue: Guy migrates to another country met with a girl he likes. This girl likes him too, but she later married another guy, who later got paralyzed and died.The migrated guy did not get married towards the end.

Hint: Singapore

This is very easy, see who gets the right answer first!
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

huh, no takers?