View Poll Results: Who should TVB kick out?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gigi Lai

7 9.46%
  • Myolie Wu

15 20.27%
  • Charmaine Sheh

31 41.89%
  • Sonija Kwok

20 27.03%
  • Tavia Leung

9 12.16%
  • Linda Chung

21 28.38%
  • Lelia Tong

7 9.46%
  • Kate Tsui

24 32.43%
  • Mandy Cho

27 36.49%
  • Shirley Yeung

21 28.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which actress should TVB kick out?

O.M.G Sudden brainwave.

You know who else should be on that list? ELAINE YIU.

The female lead with the small eyes and the disgustingly fake crying in Safe Guards. My GOD is she crap. And she shouldn't really be doing that many crying scenes, it makes her eyes smaller than it already is.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek
    O.M.G Sudden brainwave.

The female lead with the small eyes and the disgustingly fake crying in Safe Guards. My GOD is she crap. And she shouldn't really be doing that many crying scenes, it makes her eyes smaller than it already is.

HAHAHA! You're funny and I completely agree. She's new but still she's just not made out for acting. She just doesn't have a likeable face, I mean in Revolving Doors of Vengeance she was a villian and in Safe Guard she was a good girl but still you look at the front and you dislike the back too. Nothing about her is charismatic or cute.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

LOL! I laughed so hard at your post on Elaine sockleophagusek!

Back on topic I think the most deserved actress to be kicked out would be Mandy Cho or Shirley Yeung...and probably Kate Tsui. Mandy gets my no 1 vote because she acted horribly in Guts of Man, and The Charm Beneath. I'm so glad she's not having any series for the time being...everytime she opens her mouth to speak I feel like muting it altogether.

Shirley has been acting for a while but I can't seem to see any improvements...same with Charmaine. I usually have a rather high tolerance level for actors/actresses because I think they should be able to portray at least 1 type of character fairly ok. But unfortunately I can't bring myself to fancy Shirley, Charmaine and Myolie till now.

Those that should not be on the list is probably Tavia, Leila and Gigi.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek View Post
    O.M.G Sudden brainwave.

Aha.. that gal is definitely the most annoying on TVB shows right now.. she cant act for nuts.. thankfully I dont see her on many shows..

Why do so many pple talk as though Charmiane cant act at all? I dun particularly like her but to me at least her acting is natural.. she CAN act...

shit! i wanted to click on mandy cho but went to click on shirley!!

I voted myolie wu as i hate her acting and i dont think she's very good looking and shes not someone i like to watch as a leading lady!

i also wanted to vote for tavia as i feel exactly the same way with her... they are both tooo overrated for my liking! hehe hmm... i like gigi lai, charmaine sheh and also leila tong....shirley... hmm... dont know who the rest are.
    Last edited by angelbabiie; 05-04-07 at 12:37 AM.

As much as i dislike Charmaine, i dont think she should be kicked out. As long as she just sticks to those boring, bland and sweet roles she excels in, she's ok. It's only when she is constantly appearing, especially in juicy and complex roles do i get annoyed for not only does she destroys some potentially good character but she also ruins the whole series for most demanding lead roles have the plot centering around them.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Default TVB actress

I tend to agree that Charmaine is overly exposed & s far s i can c her roles doesnt seems to vary much also.... . To date her acting hv not
    strike me as fanastic lol....

I think Tavia, Gigi, Leila shd not be on the list lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie View Post
    I voted myolie wu as i hate her acting and i dont think she's very good looking and shes not someone i like to watch as a leading lady!

I COMPLETELY AGREEE!!!!! finally someone raised my point LOL.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

I particularly dislike Charmaine whenever she acted those sweet, charitable, nice, wise-for-her-age roles, plus her bland acting. She ought to try a different role for a change, and learn how to use some facial expressions - not those fake ones though. Notice the way she cried in Lethal Weapons Of Love And Passion when she tried out the telepathic thingy on Raymond? It was so fake! Sheesh...

Still, I agree with sunnysnow. She's is just a poor actress; she doesn't deserve getting kicked out of TvB.

And Great! Looks like I'm not the only one who dislike Myolie's acting! See the way she cries in the show on Law with Sammuel (Did I spell his name correctly?) She over-exaggerates her acting. And there's her act with Bosco Wong in the War of In-laws (Was this the English title? Not too sure ...) Everybody around me says her acting was marvellous ...

Leila Tong's acting = bad?!

Tavia ... Initially I hated her. Take Twins of Brothers for example and the Police Academy Show for example: Stiff, wooden, clinical .... But now I am appreciating her acting skills slightly more. Her performance in "Shui Hu Wu Jian Dao" (sorry, dunno the English title) was above average, I must say. She was no longer so stiff as before - plus, she looked MUCH better in nerdy neat hairstyle, thick specs, and a long doctor robe.

Linda Chung looks cute. Always playing those petite-female roles ... but quite an eye candy.

When I first saw Gigi Lai's name, I thought she was Gigi Leung. My bad ... She's average. What's there to dislike her acting for?

Sonija: below average + Seriously overrated. She and Charmaine are around the same level.

EDIT: Net, did you just vote for everyone except Charmaine?
    Last edited by Phoenix_Aquaris; 05-09-07 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris View Post
    EDIT: Net, did you just vote for everyone except Charmaine?
    hahaha very observant Phoenix. I wrote an essay praising Charmaine once, I can't exactly go back on my essay! lol
    If you don't like my flag, then you can kiss my rebel a55

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    charmaine should be kicked out. her acting skills for someone with her level of experience is PATHETIC. that and she's an eyesore to look at.
    So true! Don't forget about the voice too!

Just saw a recent gossip that TVB will be grooming 10 actress which inc. Linda Chung, Selena Li.+ some other Ms HK contestants to replace Gigi Lai, Ada Choi etc.... Seems like Charmaine wil still be around for some time cos of her popularity now....

Quote Originally Posted by angelbabiie View Post

i also wanted to vote for tavia as i feel exactly the same way with her... they are both tooo overrated for my liking! hehe hmm... i like gigi lai, charmaine sheh and also leila tong....shirley... hmm... dont know who the rest are.
    With regards to the point about Myolie being not good looking, i would take ugly actress or not so beautiful actress that can act rather than actress that are Ms HK or beautiful that can't act anytime. Yea, looks contribute to the overall feel of the actress but i feel that it is not a major factor in deciding whether she shd be kicked out.Also, I feel that Myolie is one of the most talented uprising female actress. I mean, not every newbie can act as well as her. Personally, I feel that some people are dissing her just because she is acting in alot of serials and is sick of her. But truth is, she is indeed made of real quality. E.g. As Yan Yan in Golden faith. Also, her crying in Lost in the Chamber of Love.Hmmn... i sense biasness here. isn't charmaine sheh more overrated than tavia?!Sorry, i'm not against you or something but rather, giving my two cents worth.
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu View Post
    With regards to the point about Myolie being not good looking, i would take ugly actress or not so beautiful actress that can act rather than actress that are Ms HK or beautiful that can't act anytime. Yea, looks contribute to the overall feel of the actress but i feel that it is not a major factor in deciding whether she shd be kicked out.Also, I feel that Myolie is one of the most talented uprising female actress. I mean, not every newbie can act as well as her. Personally, I feel that some people are dissing her just because she is acting in alot of serials and is sick of her. But truth is, she is indeed made of real quality. E.g. As Yan Yan in Golden faith. Also, her crying in Lost in the Chamber of Love.Hmmn... i sense biasness here. isn't charmaine sheh more overrated than tavia?!Sorry, i'm not against you or something but rather, giving my two cents worth.
    I definitely agree. The thing about Myolie is that she dare to act, and dare to experiment. Unlike some actresses who can only stick in their nauseating sweet roles, she tries out different roles, and even though she overacts sometimes, at least she's trying and giving her all. She also has really good chemistry with a whole list of actors that you will never expect, like Tse Kwan Ho, Francis Ng, Joe Ma.

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu View Post
    Personally, I feel that some people are dissing her just because she is acting in alot of serials and is sick of her.
    I'll tell you my opinion then. I've watched only a remotely few shows with her starring in it (well ... as compared with the rest) but she left a bad impression with her overacting in both the lawyer series and the one on in-laws with Liza Wang. It was ... well ... bad, honestly.

In Chamber Of Love, I think she did improve. Haven't watched the whole series yet, but for the time being, she did okay.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    Unlike some actresses who can only stick in their nauseating sweet roles, she tries out different roles, and even though she overacts sometimes, at least she's trying and giving her all.
    The point is, overacting leads to fake acting, which in turns produce pretty bad (in other words, nauseating, to quote from you) results. This holds especially true where, as a protagonist, she gets to play a plethora of emotional scenes. Fake cry-acting spoils the atmosphere badly and ruins the entire show in overall.

Furthermore, almost all actresses are giving their all. Do you know among this list of "bad actresses", how many of them are consistently trying to improve? The point remains whether their efforts do translate into good results, not simply on how much effort has been channeled into the acting. If you can sense the actor/actress struggling to portray the role, then he or she has failed. On the other hand, if he or she had successfully managed to conceal all effort placed in the act, then that is what we call a success.

And I'll rather Charmaine stick to her "nauseating" sweet roles. Episode 26 of LWOLAP just changed my mind on Charmaine's and Sonija's "average" acting. They can't cry or act sad, period! Charmaine was trying - trying - trying to cry, but she can't. Same goes for Sonija: I don't know what to make of her expression when she gave that face of reminiscing about the past. It looks weird having two ladies do monkey faces when the atmosphere was supposed to be sombre.

I like Myolie, her acting never came across as overly done in any of the series I've seen her in. She can easily make me laugh or cry with her through expression alone. And In regards to War of in-laws, because it is a comedy serie I thought it was very appropriate for her to put more emphasis in her dialogue and expression. Anyone who have seen Teresa Mo, Sandra Ng, and Anita Mui's comedy movies should know what I'm talking about. Subtilty is not a requirement for comedic roles, if anything, an actress who underacts fails at eliciting the humor that is meant for her role.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek View Post
    Tavia is constantly improving, it's such a shame that TVB doesnt notice her massive fanbase and promote her more. And Leila is so underrated by TVB, it's not surprising that she's going over to ATV and mainland China.
    Tavia is certainly not at the level of the top actresses yet; however, I cannot deny that she is constantly improving. Hmm, I think TVB is actually beginning to notice her massive fan base and will be promoting her more. Tavia is definitely one of the more influential rising young stars. So, Tavia's fans won't have to worry about the possibility of not seeing her act in many leading roles since TVB is really aware of her popularity.

Even though Tavia is not my most favorite actress, she is certainly one of my more favorable actresses!

I don't like the idea of having this thread at all since I really have a preference of not seeing the negative sides of people! Thinking about what actresses TVB should kick out is not a very nice thing to do!

By the way, I am really horrible with abbreviations, so can someone please tell me what series are abbreviated as HOG, and TBOL?

Thanks,

I think Leila and Tavia should not be on the list, but everyone else are right where they belong. These two actresses should be more promoted by TVB, they are great actresses compared to the ones who are promoted by TVB because they went through those pageants.

I guess those Ms HKs tend to capture more attention s cmp to those who graduated fr acting class.. hence the probability dat they also hv more criticism fr the mass lol....