View Poll Results: Who should TVB kick out?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gigi Lai

7 9.46%
  • Myolie Wu

15 20.27%
  • Charmaine Sheh

31 41.89%
  • Sonija Kwok

20 27.03%
  • Tavia Leung

9 12.16%
  • Linda Chung

21 28.38%
  • Lelia Tong

7 9.46%
  • Kate Tsui

24 32.43%
  • Mandy Cho

27 36.49%
  • Shirley Yeung

21 28.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which actress should TVB kick out?

Default Which actress should TVB kick out?

Since KeSiTinh made a thread on actors tvb should kick out, then maybe now, a thread for actresses

Who should TVB kick out?
    Last edited by girllikeme; 03-22-07 at 03:50 AM.
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Who do u think SHOULDNT be on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Gigi, Myolie and Tavia.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Charmaine Sheh!
    Jang Nara

Jang Nara (MTV clips, advertisement clips, etc..)
    http://lonelyviet.com/showthread.php?t=26451

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Tavia should noy be on the list!She is a good actress and she is still improving
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

i dont think charmaine should be kick out by TVB.....her acting skill is very good

charmaine should be kicked out. her acting skills for someone with her level of experience is PATHETIC. that and she's an eyesore to look at.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I voted Charmaine.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    charmaine should be kicked out. her acting skills for someone with her level of experience is PATHETIC. that and she's an eyesore to look at.
    Seconded!

hahaha...i love this woman for her great devotion to bash Charshame every chance she gets.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia
    Seconded!

hahaha...i love this woman for her great devotion to bash Charshame every chance she gets.
    hehe...can't be helped. if charmaine wasn't starring every tvb series and acting roles that are totally inappropriate and not meant for her (seriously, who's going to believe that she's in her early 20's and is younger than ray? or even that she gorgeous or her expression can be anything but constipated?) then i would be okay with her. but too bad she's overrated, overexposed, and undertalented!
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

hehe...can't be helped. if charmaine wasn't starring every tvb series and acting roles that are totally inappropriate and not meant for her (seriously, who's going to believe that she's in her early 20's and is younger than ray? or even that she gorgeous or her expression can be anything but constipated?) then i would be okay with her. but too bad she's overrated, overexposed, and undertalented!
    Exactly. Everytime I bash her, I always get a reprimanded by Kidd. Yes, Its true. She's the advocate for the fair and just. Perhaps I go overboard when I bash her but who can contain their hatred for Charmain Toilet Tissue. I agree with everything you've said Pat.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Exactly. Everytime I bash her, I always get a reprimanded by Kidd. Yes, Its true. She's the advocate for the fair and just. Perhaps I go overboard when I bash her but who can contain their hatred for Charmain Toilet Tissue. I agree with everything you've said Pat.
    i wouldn't call kidd an advocate for the fair and just. we're all biased in our own ways. some of us like to see bad acting for what it is and not sugar coat it because the actress happens to take on likeable roles. and others like actresses because of their roles (which charmaine is quite lucky in this aspect since most of her fans don't bother to differentiate between acting and roles). i find her nauseating even in the sweetest roles because i cannot see the difference in her portrayal of any role. acting is acting, not fake crying or trying to look sweet and desperately pretending to look young and beautiful! charmaine should seriously take a look at ada choi, noel leung, catherine hung, sheren tang and even tavia yeung to learn what acting is all about. and tvb should kick out charmaine so that the quality of acting isn't going down the drain as future generations turn to her so called acting skills and try to mimick them if they think that tvb will give them a tvb award for that kind of acting. tvb awards are rigged...it's all about favortism and no longer about art. kicking charmaine out and discontinuing promoting useless pageant heads like linda chung and shirley yeung would be a good first step towards the return to appreciating real acting and art. but we know tvb is cheap. one can only hope for so much!

she acts in a lot of series because she wants more money, its her job... every1 wants more money. the only reason why she got so many roles is because well known actresses like maggie cheung (the tvb actresses) and ada choi denies a lot of roles, so TVB has to choose charmaine.

i wouldn't call kidd an advocate for the fair and just. we're all biased in our own ways. some of us like to see bad acting for what it is and not sugar coat it because the actress happens to take on likeable roles. and others like actresses because of their roles (which charmaine is quite lucky in this aspect since most of her fans don't bother to differentiate between acting and roles). i find her nauseating even in the sweetest roles because i cannot see the difference in her portrayal of any role. acting is acting, not fake crying or trying to look sweet and desperately pretending to look young and beautiful! charmaine should seriously take a look at ada choi, noel leung, catherine hung, sheren tang and even tavia yeung to learn what acting is all about. and tvb should kick out charmaine so that the quality of acting isn't going down the drain as future generations turn to her so called acting skills and try to mimick them if they think that tvb will give them a tvb award for that kind of acting. tvb awards are rigged...it's all about favortism and no longer about art. kicking charmaine out and discontinuing promoting useless pageant heads like linda chung and shirley yeung would be a good first step towards the return to appreciating real acting and art. but we know tvb is cheap. one can only hope for so much!
    that will never happen because u know why? train actresses comes out of their school at age at least 25+ and also they are usually not pretty. in modern days, every1 cares about looks, so yea. and plus after a certain amount of series, even the worst actresses can become good, ex. charmaine, shirley, ada (all ms hong kongs)

hey eyes are good ok maybe the nose is a little too big but no1 is perfect

PS: there is no way kate tsui or mandy cho is better than charmaine
    Last edited by LuNaR; 03-25-07 at 03:41 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

explain to me how charmaine got the award for best role and actress again? Her acting in Maidens vow and glittering days is pale in comparison with Ada and Sheren.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR

Exactly, it's pathetic that you are even comparing kate tsui and mandy cho with charmaine. She has at least 3 times as much experience as they do. And her acting is still

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR

hey eyes are good ok maybe the nose is a little too big but no1 is perfect

Agree. Charmaine is much better.

Tavia, Leila and Gigi shouldn't be on that list. Tavia is constantly improving, it's such a shame that TVB doesnt notice her massive fanbase and promote her more. And Leila is so underrated by TVB, it's not surprising that she's going over to ATV and mainland China.

Anyway YAY Linda bashing time because I hate Linda with a passion. I never really did hate her that much, I just thought her acting was crap. But now I truly hate it ever since HOG. Actually I should really congratulate Linda too because I have NEVER EVER hated an actress so much before. It could be considered a accomplishment really to get on my bad side SO MUCH.

HOG was supposed to be a family drama that revolves around the FAMILY but is now revolved around a triangular love story of three people who aren't even IN THE FRIGGIN FAMILY apart from Moses who is adopted. GOSH LINDA. Just steal the screentime from Bosco and Tavia which is what the lovestory in HOG SHOULD'VE been. >_>'' Seriously. Why couldn't TVB just give her another series that DOESN'T have BoTa in it that she can ruin. Why is TVB risking such a high-profile series by sticking in such a dodgy actor. AND WHY ON EARTH IS SHE LEADING IN FRONT OF TAVIA (and I think YoYo). THAT IS SO GROSSLY UNFAIR. GAH.

Yes. I know, HOG isn't even out yet, why should I be making assumptions? Well maybe because the whole MV is revolved around Linda's love story, and that Ray and Linda get a subtheme.

She also pretends to be so cute and innocent (woah deja vu from Cady in Mean Girls, heh) to suck up to Mrs. Lok in order to get promoted so much. She's like Shirley Yeung ALL OVER again, except after so many years Shirley has finally improved in TBOL so I was glad. But NO. Linda just HAS to take over her annoying 'LOOK AT ME I'M SO CUTE AND INNOCENT' role from her.

I don't even think she's that cute. Or pretty. Her nose is really big and she looks oddly proportioned.

Something else I really dislike about her, well maybe this isn't really her fault, is that she won the MOST IMPROVED AWARD. WTH. She SO didn't deserve that. Just because she was in pretty much EVERY SINGLE SERIES last year. With the exact same 'OH LOOK AT ME AND GAG AT MY ADORABLE CUTENESS AND GET READY FOR MY MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF FAKE CRYING'.

"i find her nauseating even in the sweetest roles because i cannot see the difference in her portrayal of any role. acting is acting, not fake crying or trying to look sweet and desperately pretending to look young and beautiful!"

I find that very Linda-ish.

She also better not screw up Jewel's Splendour when she's paired with Bosco >_> Because that's one series where I can't fastforward her scenes.

I'm neutral to Charmaine, but I am one who will bash Linda at every chance I get. Sorry Linda, it's not your fault that you were born talentless and that TVB just HAS to promote you so much. It's like Ron Ng all over again.

And Kate Tsui and Mandy Cho suck as well.
    Last edited by sockleophagusek; 03-26-07 at 03:19 AM.

sockleophagusek, how you feel about linda now is exactly how i felt about charmaine when she first started and how i still feel about her. they are tvb's pets and propaganda. neither are a true beauty or talented in acting, but are shoved down our throats given the number of series they star in and the number of roles they manage to ruin. if only their roles were given to real actresses then the series would be more appealing to me...instead of being a waste of my time when they appear on screen. thank goodness for the fast forward button.

Quote Originally Posted by sockleophagusek
    Tavia, Leila and Gigi shouldn't be on that list. Tavia is constantly improving, it's such a shame that TVB doesnt notice her massive fanbase and promote her more. And Leila is so underrated by TVB, it's not surprising that she's going over to ATV and mainland China.

Anyway YAY Linda bashing time because I hate Linda with a passion. I never really did hate her that much, I just thought her acting was crap. But now I truly hate it ever since HOG. Actually I should really congratulate Linda too because I have NEVER EVER hated an actress so much before. It could be considered a accomplishment really to get on my bad side SO MUCH.

HOG was supposed to be a family drama that revolves around the FAMILY but is now revolved around a triangular love story of three people who aren't even IN THE FRIGGIN FAMILY apart from Moses who is adopted. GOSH LINDA. Just steal the screentime from Bosco and Tavia which is what the lovestory in HOG SHOULD'VE been. >_>'' Seriously. Why couldn't TVB just give her another series that DOESN'T have BoTa in it that she can ruin. Why is TVB risking such a high-profile series by sticking in such a dodgy actor. AND WHY ON EARTH IS SHE LEADING IN FRONT OF TAVIA (and I think YoYo). THAT IS SO GROSSLY UNFAIR. GAH.

Yes. I know, HOG isn't even out yet, why should I be making assumptions? Well maybe because the whole MV is revolved around Linda's love story, and that Ray and Linda get a subtheme.

She also pretends to be so cute and innocent (woah deja vu from Cady in Mean Girls, heh) to suck up to Mrs. Lok in order to get promoted so much. She's like Shirley Yeung ALL OVER again, except after so many years Shirley has finally improved in TBOL so I was glad. But NO. Linda just HAS to take over her annoying 'LOOK AT ME I'M SO CUTE AND INNOCENT' role from her.

I don't even think she's that cute. Or pretty. Her nose is really big and she looks oddly proportioned.

Something else I really dislike about her, well maybe this isn't really her fault, is that she won the MOST IMPROVED AWARD. WTH. She SO didn't deserve that. Just because she was in pretty much EVERY SINGLE SERIES last year. With the exact same 'OH LOOK AT ME AND GAG AT MY ADORABLE CUTENESS AND GET READY FOR MY MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF FAKE CRYING'.

"i find her nauseating even in the sweetest roles because i cannot see the difference in her portrayal of any role. acting is acting, not fake crying or trying to look sweet and desperately pretending to look young and beautiful!"

I find that very Linda-ish.

She also better not screw up Jewel's Splendour when she's paired with Bosco >_> Because that's one series where I can't fastforward her scenes.

I'm neutral to Charmaine, but I am one who will bash Linda at every chance I get. Sorry Linda, it's not your fault that you were born talentless and that TVB just HAS to promote you so much. It's like Ron Ng all over again.

And Kate Tsui and Mandy Cho suck as well.

Linda has a weird voice. She's kinda pretty and all, but her voice is like...i dont know...weird.
    Kate Tsui is acting SO FAKE. her acting is like...so unnatural.
    Mandy Cho isn't in a lot of series...is she?
    »*[[тεεvεεвεε.--| ]]
    вosco woиg ♥ fαιa cнεи

Linda is alright, Kate and Mandy, all three haven't appeared enough in series to be on my annoying list. Charmaine has been taking lead roles for almost 10 years in TVB but she has not improved that much.