Thread: Forgive me, I'm American...

Default Forgive me, I'm American...

I already posed this question, but I was in the wrong forum, I think.

A few years ago when I was in Singapore, I fell in love with Wind and Cloud. I bought the 15-volume set and art book and brought them back to the States. I've asked everyone I know to help me with the story. No luck. Finally, I found this site had an English translation story line. It was so-o-o-o-o helpful.

However, it stopped in volume two because an English translation was coming from the publisher of Tin Ha. I can't find this translation.

Help, please.

straykitty

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

gee, i didnt know Wind & Cloud ever had translations.....

i dont really understand your question. Are you looking for the subtitles for the series or what? All I know Wind & Cloud is supposed to be adapted from comics, have never known of it being a wuxia novel.

Welcome.

The Storm Riders graphic novels has been translated into english and can be found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Riders-M...5Fi=1588991857

Han SOlo
    Last edited by Han Solo; 03-21-07 at 08:08 AM.
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c

i dont really understand your question. Are you looking for the subtitles for the series or what? All I know Wind & Cloud is supposed to be adapted from comics, have never known of it being a wuxia novel.

Perhaps translations is the wrong word. It was on the "Tin Ha" link, and this wonderful person gave the plotline of the comics and encouraged to follow along with the illustrations. He called them the Fung Wan volumes. He completed the first book and did four parts of the second volumn, then said that "Jonesky" the publisher was bring out the English translation so he wouldn't be doing any more plot lines. I've never found the English work he's referring to.

straykitty

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c

Addendum: Here's the link: http://www.spcnet.tv/tinha/story.shtml

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

wow, ive never known theres a page on Fung Wan right here in SPCnet! i dont follow the comics ( i mainly read from friends) but i love the movie! straykitty, youve just awakened my obsession of The Stormriders....

however, im sorry i cant help you. im sure sooner or later someone will answer you tho....we're very helpful around here
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-21-07 at 02:40 PM.

It is very hard to find translations for the later issues of the comic. I remember there used to be a site out there where u can read the lastest issue of stormriders but i think the site might be down or something might of happen to it. been over 2-3 years since last time i visit. I think it was comicone or something like that not too sure. Good luck on your search.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

For the volumes already translated into English and published by ComicsOne, before they went bankrupt, follow the link provided by Han Solo. ComicsOne bet a little too heavily that Wuxia Manga would catch on. I have not seen any fan translations of the remaining volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by wilyone
    For the volumes already translated into English and published by ComicsOne, before they went bankrupt, follow the link provided by Han Solo. ComicsOne bet a little too heavily that Wuxia Manga would catch on. I have not seen any fan translations of the remaining volumes.
    Thanks. I did order one just to see what they were like.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Welcome.

The Storm Riders graphic novels has been translated into english and can be found on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Riders-M...5Fi=1588991857

Han SOlo

Thanks Han SOlo...

I went to Amazon and ordered one of the books. I'll see what they're like. Goodness, I'm hoping I don't have to learn Chinese just to see how the story turns out! Mr. Ma has created such beautiful art, I really think he deserves more exposure in the US. In my opinion, something is lost once you try to apply an art form to a video medium.

Thanks again,
    straykitty

FYI:

ComicsOne also produced an English version of ROCH (Shen Diao Xia Lui) under the name of Legendary Couple. IIRC they also did Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber.

I also seem to recall that some of the comics were available for viewing online as well... maybe from the ComicsOne web site. Maybe I'm confusing it with CrossGen.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Unfortunately, comicsone going bankrupt or something in 2005, abandoned their website, stopped paying its bills and disappeared without a trace...

lol at that time I'm collecting the HSDS comic opps Graphic Novel, when I check again, they're a gone

If you just want to look at pretty pictures of way over the top martial arts here's a link to scans of the untranslated Storm Riders, it's split up in 3 pages, each page features all the chapters of a single story arc:

http://mhzw.diy.myrice.com/fy1/fy1.htm

http://mhzw.diy.myrice.com/fy2/fy2.htm

http://mhzw.diy.myrice.com/fy3.htm

Of course that will probably only make you want a translation even more, sorry I can't be of more help.

i think the best thing about graphic novels or comics are that you can usually catch the gist of the storyline even if you dont read the words. Like when I used to buy japanese mangas as they came out before the translations.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterM
    If you just want to look at pretty pictures of way over the top martial arts here's a link to scans of the untranslated Storm Riders, it's split up in 3 pages, each page features all the chapters of a single story arc:

http://mhzw.diy.myrice.com/fy1/fy1.htm

http://mhzw.diy.myrice.com/fy2/fy2.htm

http://mhzw.diy.myrice.com/fy3.htm

Of course that will probably only make you want a translation even more, sorry I can't be of more help.
    Oh-h-h-h-h, thanks! The earlier ones I have in my volumes, but that last group...gorgeous!

dude you rock, thanks for the links been looking everywhere for wind and comics

also do you know any other places that hosts manhua?