Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forbidden Kingdom - Jet Li & Jackie Chan movie

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123 View Post
    If Jet Li going to play the 'moneky role' I vey doubted that he will surpass the orginial monkey role from Classic "Journey to the West 1986" series.
    lol, nothing can beat Chow Sing Chi SWK, hehehe - kidding

anyway I don't think Jet Li will do the act like a stupid monkey with funny monkey sound and scratching all over, that will look stupid and out of character for jet li...

I can imagine Jacky Chan doing it but I'm not sure about Jet Li, if he is going to do it, well as I said it will just make him look retarded...

Jet Li is playing as Monkey king .
    But luckily Monkey king will form into Silent Monk. So Jet will act as a Silent monk not Monkey king himself. Since Monkey king can form 72 forms, it's no big deal at all. huh ?
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    Jet Li is playing as Monkey king .
    But luckily Monkey king will form into Silent Monk. So Jet will act as a Silent monk not Monkey king himself. Since Monkey king can form 72 forms, it's no big deal at all. huh ?
    yeh, thank god, I prefer it that way, Jet Li is suited more as a calm, silent and cool guy the way he act in Kiss Of The Dragon and Danny The Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    she's still so raw in acting, why did they have to even consider her in the first place?

as much as i am neutral about her, i have to say i'm not yet ready to see her in the same frame as Jet Li. Thank God she wasnt cast for White-haired demon, it'll be a pain to see her dancing around Jet Li
    She's like a big deal in all the china wuxia series nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by guodaxia View Post
    She's like a big deal in all the china wuxia series nowadays.
    that and plus lyf looks very good in ancient attire. probably the best out there.

so r they speak chinese o english in this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123 View Post
    that and plus lyf looks very good in ancient attire. probably the best out there.
    Sadly, she doesnt look that great in this movie. Her costume/hair in here is alot duller than what she usually wears in her ancient series.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Sadly, she doesnt look that great in this movie. Her costume/hair in here is alot duller than what she usually wears in her ancient series.
    sadly, you cant just judge with these few pictures...or else i could say that many(or rather all) these actresses in these fortune arent that great looking.

I guess the converse of it is that we can't say LYF looks the best in here with a few pics either
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I guess the converse of it is that we can't say LYF looks the best in here with a few pics either
    I didnt say she's the best in these pix.

sadly, you cant just judge with these few pictures...or else i could say that many(or rather all) these actresses in these fortune arent that great looking.
    Oh come on, why can't i judge her appearance using the pics?? That's the whole purpose of comparing her appearance in here as opposed to her other works isnt it? You can just state that you disagree with my opinion, there's no need to go round the bush with those excuses.

BTW, yes, i can find a whole bunch of actresses who look prettier in ancient as compared to LYF in this movie. In fact, LYF herself looks prettier in her other serials than in here. It's all to do with the style, costume, makeup, hair allocated on different sets.

Wise Fool

I didnt say she's the best in these pix.
    sorry sweetie, we are pretty sure u are saying that LYF is the best in the movie thus far
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing View Post
    so r they speak chinese o english in this movie?
    They will speak in English.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    They will speak in English.
    lol...u already told me in the other forum.........

Jet Li says keep expectations low for fight scenes with Jackie Chan

"Jet Li is urging audiences to keep expectations low for his eagerly anticipated fight scenes with Jackie Chan in the upcoming Hollywood movie "The Forbidden Kingdom" because it's not that kind of movie — and they are both getting too old."

more details check website below

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...MOV-Jet-Li.php
    爱是最最奇幻的魔术
    让人都要对它趋之若鹜
    这场魔术都是要结束
    真爱是箭在弦上不认输

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    New development on the J&J project

Source: asiapopcorn.com
    Date: April 12, 2007

The martial arts action movie staring Jackie Chan and Jet Li for the first time on the bigscreen is called "The Forbidden Kingdom" now. The movie is set to be released by 2008.

Director Rob Minkoff ("The Lion King," "Stuart Little") is set to begin lensing the movie in China on May 2 from a script by John Fusco. Action choreographer Yuen Woo-ping, who has worked on films including "The Matrix" and "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," is creating the fight sequences.

Based on the Chinese legend of the monkey king, story revolves around an American teenager who discovers the king's legendary stick weapon in a pawn shop. Teen is transported back in time to ancient China, where he joins a crew of warriors fighting to free the imprisoned king.

Li is set to play two roles, that of the monkey king and the silent monk. Chan will pay the monk T'sa-Ho.

When promoting the U.S. bow of Li's most recent movie, "Fearless," Rogue Pictures touted it as his last martial-arts epic. "Forbidden" is being described as more of an action-adventure with fight sequences.

http://www.asianpopcorn.com/default.asp?Display=573
    Oh god, here we go with the white boy goes to save people of another race cuz they can't save themselves plot.

Some years ago, there was a miniseries on NBC "starring" Russell Wong as Monkey King, which was about Greg from Greg and Dharma saving the world. Bai Ling was a ****ty ugly Guan Yin... that series made me puke. This plot sounds eerily similar.
    This account is retired.

Why'd the producers even decide to make this horrid movie???

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Oh god, here we go with the white boy goes to save people of another race cuz they can't save themselves plot.
    What do you expect from a hollywood movie? BTW, this is a hollywood mood movie right?

Wise Fool

Bulletproof Monk all over again...

Phoenix Dance of the Nine Heavens? 凤舞九天? Now they're just straight ripping from titles of Gulong's novels?!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

The movie's name is the forbidden kingdom. It tells about an american man who loves Kung Fu. he lost in an ancient world and his mission is rescuing Monkey king, who is captured by Ngoc Cuong vo si. He is given a hand by hero Lu Yi (Jackie Chan) and someone more (jet Li) and Golden Sparrow (Liu Yi Fei). They have to struggle to White-haired demon (Lee Bing Bing) on a desert. In this movie, Liu Yi Fei plays the part of Golden Sparrow, who can use everything as weapon such as sword, treasure etc. Her parents were murdered by King of the heaven. She is described as a hannibal - who only eats fresh meet. She is very cruel. In a press conference, jackie Chan said that Liu Yi Fei was a very modest but intelligent girl and she would become the second Gong Li. In fact, Liu yi Fei has every aptitude to become a famous asian actress in USA: speaking English fluently, had live in USA for along time, her nationality is American, her magnificent beauty and her aptitude for acting is very good. She has signed with William Morris Agency - 1 of 3 biggest entertainment company in USA. This company is also the represent of Julia Roberts,Reese Witherspoon, Jackie Chan, halle Berry, Sharon Stonem, Val Kilmer, Mel B, Zhang Zi Yi...