Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forbidden Kingdom - Jet Li & Jackie Chan movie

I have never heard LYF speak Yingleesh, does she actually speak it well?

I hope she doesn't sell out and start dating these middled aged white dudes. That would make me sick. As if the white race is superior to the yellow.

---

Oh yeah, regarding the white-man-saves-inferior-race-from-themselves plot, I couldn't believe that there were actually idiots who thought that the movie Hero was over the top with propaganda. WTF. Just look at most American movies if they wanna see America is King propaganda. Jesus.

I am American but cmon lets be fair.
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 09-13-07 at 07:44 PM.
    This account is retired.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002 View Post
    Some years ago, there was a miniseries on NBC "starring" Russell Wong as Monkey King, which was about Greg from Greg and Dharma saving the world. Bai Ling was a ****ty ugly Guan Yin... that series made me puke. This plot sounds eerily similar.
    I've watch a few episodes of that series but never finished it. The ****ty Guan Yin part is really a big turn off. Guan Yin has become fairy instead of a bodhisattva in this series and fell in love with the white guy and lost her power.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I've watch a few episodes of that series but never finished it. The ****ty Guan Yin part is really a big turn off. Guan Yin has become fairy instead of a bodhisattva in this series and fell in love with the white guy and lost her power.

Was Bai Ling _ever_ in a movie where she did not have a white guy? I can't recall.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Was Bai Ling _ever_ in a movie where she did not have a white guy? I can't recall.
    The only english language I know where she's not with a white guy is 'Anna and the King'.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-16-07 at 11:07 PM.

I hate Bai Ling. So desperate for fame and so talentless.
    This account is retired.

liu Yi Fei can speak Englíh fluently because she spent her chilđhoo in USA. She is a good speaker. She can alsso speak French and Japanese. Of course, she can speak Mandarin.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

lol we're so over talking bout LYF and her 'multi-lingual' capability

Quote Originally Posted by JoseMourinho View Post
    liu Yi Fei can speak Englíh fluently because she spent her chilđhoo in USA. She is a good speaker. She can alsso speak French and Japanese. Of course, she can speak Mandarin.
    LYF only spent 5 years or so in US, she speaks a little French and Japanese. her main language is still Mandarin.

now tat tats past. whats happening with this film? is it finished filming yet?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Filming has been done and now they are just finalizing it and going on tours. The english title has been called "The Forbidden Kingdom."

what the hell, now she speaks french?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

and i never knew she could speak japanese

This reminds me of the BoA syndrome

According to Wikipedia:

The plot is currently unconfirmed but rumor has it that The Forbidden Kingdom is about a New York teenager who is obsessed with Hong Kong cinema and classic Kung Fu movies. Jason (Michael Angarano), is a boy who is always bullied at school. He is determined to learn kung fu to protect himself. One day in a Chinatown pawnshop, Jason makes an extraordinary discovery - a Chinese staff. It is the legendary Ru Yi Bang staff of the Chinese sage and warrior, Sun Wukong the Monkey King.

A mysterious power in the staff transports Jason back to ancient China. There he meets kung fu master Lu Yan (Jackie Chan). He is unkempt and looks like a beggar. Jason becomes his disciple. Later, he meets another kung fu master Golden Sparrow (Liu Yifei) and the Silent Monk (Jet Li). The three of them go on to a journey after seeing the staff in Jason’s possession. There has been an ancient prophecy: Sun Wukong the Monkey King, who was jailed under the Five Fingers Mountain by Lord Buddha himself, will one day be freed by a "foreign youngster", who will return the staff to him. After learning of the arrival of Jason, the Jade Emperor (Collin Chou) immediately sends out his three highly skilled guards led by the White Haired Demoness (Li Bingbing) to get the staff from the boy. So the Battle begins. But not only the Battle, the Adventure goes on...

On Collin Chou's page, it says "He is starring alongside Jet Li and Jackie Chan together for the first time in the upcoming The Forbidden Kingdom in which he will play an evil warlord." Did they mistake the Jade Emperor for Genghis Khan?

White Haired Demoness... oh man, this is gonna suck.

Michael Angarano

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7158/skyhigh3tg1.jpg')

Look at his fighting stance!

I think I'm gonna puke

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/

Principal shooting of the first Jackie Chan-Jet Li collaboration has wrapped up in China, according to Sina.com. The Hollywood production blends the talents of two top on-screen martial-art stars, stories inspired by classic fantasy novel Journey to the West, Chinese folklore about "The Eight Immortals" as well as Dr. Louis Cha's wuxia novel White Hair Demoness, which has been on screen numerous times. Michael Angarano plays an American kid who is brought back to the ancient China after getting in touched with a magic cudgel. He them teams up with Lu Yan (Jackie Chan), The Silent Monk (Jet Li) and Golden Sparrow (Liu Yifei) to free the imprisoned Monkey King (Jet Li) and return the cudgel to him. Of cause their trip is not safe. The White Hair Deomness (Li Bingbing) and her master Jade War Lord (Collin Chou) are not hesitating to stop them. The script is written by John Fusco and the director is Rob Minkoff. Yuen Wo-Ping is on board as the choreographer and the executive producer and the man behind the camera is Peter Pau. Three South Korean films, Macrograph, Inc., Digital Tetra Inc. (DTI) and Footage are shaire the task of CG effects. The North American release is aimed at April 18, 2008 and the dates for other countries are not determined.

Maybe the movie will turn out to be a fun ride.

But the writer got the info wrong. The 'White Hair Demoness' was not written by Louis Cha. It's written by Liang Yusheng. But, I'm pretty that the White Hair Demoness in this movie will have nothing to do with the White Haired Demoness in LYS's novel.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

I'm predicting it is going to be all hype and a disappointment/letdown of the final product, the same as the hype of the duel between Jet Li and Statham in WAR/Rouge which is also sucks.

Hope my prediction is wrong, but when it comes to Hollywood doing eastern mysticm type stories, the track records are all bad:

- Golden child
    - The touch
    - Bulletproof monk

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    I think I'm gonna puke

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/

Principal shooting of the first Jackie Chan-Jet Li collaboration has wrapped up in China, according to Sina.com. The Hollywood production blends the talents of two top on-screen martial-art stars, stories inspired by classic fantasy novel Journey to the West, Chinese folklore about "The Eight Immortals" as well as Dr. Louis Cha's wuxia novel White Hair Demoness, which has been on screen numerous times. Michael Angarano plays an American kid who is brought back to the ancient China after getting in touched with a magic cudgel. He them teams up with Lu Yan (Jackie Chan), The Silent Monk (Jet Li) and Golden Sparrow (Liu Yifei) to free the imprisoned Monkey King (Jet Li) and return the cudgel to him. Of cause their trip is not safe. The White Hair Deomness (Li Bingbing) and her master Jade War Lord (Collin Chou) are not hesitating to stop them. The script is written by John Fusco and the director is Rob Minkoff. Yuen Wo-Ping is on board as the choreographer and the executive producer and the man behind the camera is Peter Pau. Three South Korean films, Macrograph, Inc., Digital Tetra Inc. (DTI) and Footage are shaire the task of CG effects. The North American release is aimed at April 18, 2008 and the dates for other countries are not determined.
    Umm White Hair Demoness isn't by "Dr" Louis Cha, it's by Liang Yusheng.

I shall repeat my earlier Prophecy!

I predict CRAPNESS!!!

Hey man, gotta support the Asians anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeneshii View Post
    Hey man, gotta support the Asians anyway!
    You need some pansy white kid to save SUN WU KONG?!?!

The premise of this tired 'White man saves Asian butt from Evil Asians' movie has been used about 600 times too much already.

If I was Jet Li or Jackie Chan I would have tossed the script back at Hollywood and go bug John Woo to include me in the Red Cliff movie or some Man Jiang Hong movie about Yue Fei or something.

Bah!