Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Forbidden Kingdom - Jet Li & Jackie Chan movie

Default The Forbidden Kingdom - Jet Li & Jackie Chan movie

I just read on another site that Jet Li and Jackie Chan are going to make a movie featuring the characters from Journey to the West. Can you imagine Jet Li as the Monkey King and Jackie Chan as the Buddhist Monk?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I just read on another site that Jet Li and Jackie Chan are going to make a movie featuring the characters from Journey to the West. Can you imagine Jet Li as the Monkey King and Jackie Chan as the Buddhist Monk?

LOL yeah they are in preproduction. After that there is news that Jet Li might be the new villian for The Mummy 3 set in China.

Is Sammo Hung still alive to play Piggy?

Is Jet Li and Jackie Chan going to be in it, or are they just going to work on it, offscreen?

BTW, have Jet Li and Jackie Chan ever appeared in the same movie before?

http://www.wu-jing.org/News.php

-- J & J Project --

J & J Project, based loosely on Journey to the West, now gets an official Chinese title 《功夫之王》 (which translates as King of Kung Fu). Movie would start production on May 7, says Huang Zhong Lei. Yuen Wo Ping would be on board as the martial arts director. One of the two lead actresses would be chosen from among Ruby Lin, Li Bing Bing and Fann Wong. Their suitability to the role, and their ability to handle English would be the main deciding factors. Liu Yi Fei is being considered for the other female lead. Beijing Morning Post

-- J & J Project --
    A spokesperson for Huayi Brothers reveals that the script for J & J Project, which is loosely based on Journey to the West, has been completed. Huayi Brothers is the only studio in Mainland that is involved in this Hollywood project that sees Jet Li and Jackie Chan teaming up on the same film up for the first time. The production is currently in talks with Liu Yi Fei and Li Bing Bing to respectively play a little princess and a white-haired demoness under the Jade Emperor, the latter of whom will have some fight scenes against Jet Li. Production is expected to begin in the middle of this year. Dongfang Daily

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

wow....i wonder how this will turn out to be. Im a fan of Yuen Wo Ping, definitely looking forward to the fight sequences. It's good to know Jet Li is turning back to the east.....

Should be excellent viewing.

I suspect this movie will be quite funny.

Heh, looks like someone had to swallow his pride a bit:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114437/
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    wow....i wonder how this will turn out to be. Im a fan of Yuen Wo Ping, definitely looking forward to the fight sequences. It's good to know Jet Li is turning back to the east.....
    Is Yuen Wo Ping English name Cory?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Is Yuen Wo Ping English name Cory?
    no, Corey Yuen Kwai and Yuen Wo Ping are not the same person.....Corey Yuen is a director while Yuen Wo Ping is a martial art choreographer.....

Check them both out here,

Corey Yuen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corey_Yuen

Yuen Wo Ping http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuen_Woo-ping

Liu Yifei AGAIN!?!??! Whats the big deal about her?!?
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

isnt it more appropriate if jet li be the buddhist monk n jackie be the monkey king since jackie is more of a comedian than jet? LYF? whoa! i hope she proves herself in here...shes real lucky to be offered big projects....
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG

can't wait to see that!

casting LYF is a big mistake. anyone but her...
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

she's still so raw in acting, why did they have to even consider her in the first place?

as much as i am neutral about her, i have to say i'm not yet ready to see her in the same frame as Jet Li. Thank God she wasnt cast for White-haired demon, it'll be a pain to see her dancing around Jet Li

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu1995
    LOL yeah they are in preproduction. After that there is news that Jet Li might be the new villian for The Mummy 3 set in China.
    Wait, this might be interesting to see Jet Li in mummy 3 (If this is true). I would guess its going to be about Qin Shi Huang's terracotta army of dead.
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    she's still so raw in acting, why did they have to even consider her in the first place?

as much as i am neutral about her, i have to say i'm not yet ready to see her in the same frame as Jet Li. Thank God she wasnt cast for White-haired demon, it'll be a pain to see her dancing around Jet Li
    LOL....I agree with that too. But I think they wanted her because of her looks, if all she does in this film is just moving around with out saying a line then I think the movie will be fine.
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire
    Wait, this might be interesting to see Jet Li in mummy 3 (If this is true). I would guess its going to be about Qin Shi Huang's terracotta army of dead.

Yahoo News

LOS ANGELES (AFP) - Chinese action hero Jet Li is in negotiations to play the villain in the third instalment of the succesful "Mummy" films, it was reported on Thursday.

Li, most recently seen in "Fearless" and period epic "Hero", would star as the mummified monster as the action moves to China, according to movie industry journal The Hollywood Reporter.

Although plot details are being kept secret, the film would begin in ancient times before switching to a post World-War II setting.

One scene would also involve the terracotta warriors, the collection of several thousand men and their horses that were originally constructed to protect the tomb of a Qin dynasty emperor.

The "Mummy" films have grossed nearly 850 million dollars worldwide since the launch of the first movie in the series "The Mummy" in 1999.

Jet Li makes a great sneering villain as seen in his LW4 and Huo Yuan Jia.

http://www.monkeypeaches.com/

"The English title is "Kings of Kung Fu" rather than "King of Kung Fu". (sucks! sucks! sucks!) According to the Chinese press, the story tells a New York boy named Jason walks into an antique shop in China Town a d touches a cudgel he is not supposed to touch. He is brought back to the ancient China, where he meets a kung fu master Lu Yan (Jackie Chan), the Golden Swallow (a girl) and the Silent Monk (Jet Li). They have to worke together to defeat Yu Jiang Warrior to rescue the Monkey King. Jet Li recently said this would be a a very relaxed family movie and his role would be very easy."