Thread: Serpentine Romance

Default Serpentine Romance

Anyone else remember this series? It stars Mggie Siu and Hugo Ng. ITs loosely based on the White Snake & Green Snake story. I remember loving it when i was a youngin'. The intro song was nice. I think Lawrence was in it too, I hated his character.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

i remember this show too mainly because i caught a re-run of it a few years ago by the way its not lawrence ng who plays the bat-son its his brother ng kai ming.
    thinking of this show makes me a little sad that maggie siu isn't higher in the TVB rankings anymore.
    shin chan

Of course I know this 1990 drama, a variation of the White & Green Snake story. Starring Maggie Shiu, Maggie Chan, and Hugo Ng.

Opening song by Andy Lau and Ng Wun Fong:

Serpentine opening

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.maggieshiu.net/bbs/UploadFile/2005-11/200511320415558.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.tvb.com.cn:8080/upload/200212/1039648748.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://images.tvb.com.cn:8080/upload/200511/2000418421.jpg')

Maggie looks gorgeous in these costumes. I want to watch this series but I haven't had the chance.

This is the time period where TVB still have pretty wigs and costumes unlike nowadays with the wigs that have wraps around the forehead area and lazy braids that aren't as pretty and look too modern.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I haven't seen this series myself but I heard that it is a big insult to the actual story, therefore; I decided not the see it. I heard that Bai She is the bad one in here and loves Hugo's character, while he only loves Qing She. What is up with that?
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I haven't seen this series myself but I heard that it is a big insult to the actual story, therefore; I decided not the see it. I heard that Bai She is the bad one in here and loves Hugo's character, while he only loves Qing She. What is up with that?
    Well, I think if you don't follow the Green Snake, White Snake story as it is traditionally told, then this series is actually not bad. I've read about this series and well I think its more of a spinoff or something.

With the traditional story, The White Snake doesn't have a happy ending with her love right? This series I think changed the story and had a happier ending from what I recall reading about.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Well it wasn't exactly a happy ending in this series. From what i remember, in this version the white and green snake die. The ending only shows an old Hugo Ng who seem to see the two sisters reincarnated again.
    shin chan

Oh, is that how it ended?

Here's where I read about the series:
    http://www.angelfire.com/stars3/msseries/sr.html

yes that is how it ended, i have never read the novel but i have seen the movie Green snake, does the movie version and the novel have similar endings?
    shin chan

There are complete episodes of Serpentine Romance (in mandarin) at www.tudou.com. Search using keyword: 奇幻人间世

***spoilers***

Maggie Siu was so cute in this series. I love how she developed from a bratty teen to a mature mother and how she fought off demons while trying to hide her trye form as well. The demon slayer that befriends her is entertaining as well. It was sad that she gave up on Hugo because he saw her true form and let her sister marry and have him lingering. I kinda hated white snake for encouraging green snake to leave so she could be happy.

The ending was that both White snake and green snake used all of their powers to bring back Maggie's Son's girlfriend back to life and because they drained themselves they couldn't keep their human forms. (if my memmory is correct). The ending is Hugo is now old and the two snakes have their human forms, they jsut walk by him... its kinda not as happy as it could have been. But I am pleased with it- the sad ending makes it a bit mroe memmorable.

Again, this is loosely based on the White Snake, Green Snake story. Theres no powerful monk and no temple to wreck by flooding water.

I have the theme on MP3 in good quality if anyone wants it.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Withoutasol
    ***spoilers***

Maggie Siu was so cute in this series. I love how she developed from a bratty teen to a mature mother and how she fought off demons while trying to hide her trye form as well. The demon slayer that befriends her is entertaining as well. It was sad that she gave up on Hugo because he saw her true form and let her sister marry and have him lingering. I kinda hated white snake for encouraging green snake to leave so she could be happy.

The ending was that both White snake and green snake used all of their powers to bring back Maggie's Son's girlfriend back to life and because they drained themselves they couldn't keep their human forms. (if my memmory is correct). The ending is Hugo is now old and the two snakes have their human forms, they jsut walk by him... its kinda not as happy as it could have been. But I am pleased with it- the sad ending makes it a bit mroe memmorable.

Again, this is loosely based on the White Snake, Green Snake story. Theres no powerful monk and no temple to wreck by flooding water.

I have the theme on MP3 in good quality if anyone wants it.
    You know, your avatar looks a lot like Hugo Ng from the series, except its suppose to be depicting Duan Yu.

Well at least, they had a son together.

I always thought it was Hugo! I didnt choose this avatar. I got it by default I think. I want Kitty Lai as my avatar.

i love this seires alot! i rem I kept on watching it over and over, Love Maggie and Hugo there are soo hot in this seires!