okay, here's my female side:

你在金庸小说中是:小昭

小昭是上上人物。她到波斯以圣女的身份当波斯明教教主,寂寞异域,情何以堪,令人叹息。

who is it?
    ---------
    Shellie

Quote Originally Posted by WuxiaGem
    Yay! I am HR.
    What does it say? That I'm half stupid/half smart?
    No, 'half smart half stupid', these words fit someone else, not HR. She is always the most considered intelligent character in JY's universe.
    You seem to know nearly nothing about LOCH and ROCH (or you might be a HR hater?).

I cut off all the ridiculously biased remarks about Huang Rong of the creator of that website. If you're not a HR hater, all you need to know is the following information:

黄蓉和郭靖一样,也是完人,不过完人的方式不同,一个笨,一个聪明。黄蓉的聪明机智,也被安排尽了。不过黄 蓉不是伪人,是实实在在、聪明得过了头的一个女人。
    Huang Rong and Guo Jing are the same, they are 2 completive people for each other too, only that in 2 opposite patterns, Huang Rong is intelligent whereas Guo Jing is slow-minded. Huang Rong is very intelligent and tactical, she also always covers her plans to the utmost. She is crafty and deceitful, however her actions can be excused since they are solely aimed at good goals. Huang Rong is not a false woman, she is really the most intelligent female character.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by shellie
    thank you kidd.

who is it?
    She's the girl from HSDS that ZWJ met on Guang Ming Ding. She's the one with the chains on her legs.

thank you kidd.

who is it?
    Xiao Zhao. She's a very beautiful girl that likes ZWJ, and later parts with ZWJ. But she does act quite like ZWJ's maid in the days she is with him, which is a pity for such an exotic beauty. She's a "shang shang ren wu," though, so good horoscope there.

What'd they put Zhao Min as? Probably not a "shang shang ren wu" since she's too cunning. They probably ranked her under Wang Yuyan.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

MY MALE SIDE:
    Jin Lun Fa Wang??????? What the---well, at least he was good in the end by saving Guo Xiang....
    MY FEMALE SIDE:
    Xiao Long Nv! >.< EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Side note: I put my blood type as "不明". Does that have anything to do with it?

Hey Sparky, where did you get your avatar?
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    Xiao Zhao. She's a very beautiful girl that likes ZWJ, and later parts with ZWJ. But she does act quite like ZWJ's maid in the days she is with him, which is a pity for such an exotic beauty. She's a "shang shang ren wu," though, so good horoscope there.

What'd they put Zhao Min as? Probably not a "shang shang ren wu" since she's too cunning. They probably ranked her under Wang Yuyan.
    oh thank you for translating!

i have to say i love both my sides! hehehehe

i though xz in hsds 03 was beautiful too. if she didn't have to leave, i would've wish she end up with zwj...

personality wise - there might be some similarities. i can't decide if that's good or bad.
    Last edited by shellie; 03-27-07 at 06:33 PM.
    ---------
    Shellie

WuxiaGem didn't mean that she thought that HR was half smart half stupid. That's what she read with her weak Chinese - that bit where it says "One is stupid, one is smart". It can easily be misread if you only know a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    No, 'half smart half stupid', these words fit someone else, not HR. She is always the most considered intelligent character in JY's universe.
    You seem to know nearly nothing about LOCH and ROCH (or you might be a HR hater?).

黄蓉和郭靖一样,也是完人,不过完人的方式不同,一个笨,一个聪明。黄蓉的聪明机智,也被安排尽了。不过黄 蓉不是伪人,是实实在在、聪明得过了头的一个女人。

你在金庸小说中是:乔峰

丐帮帮主,忽然身世秘密暴露,竟然是契丹胡人,乔峰的一生,注定是悲剧。这样的一个英雄人物,竟遭到命运如 此的捉弄,造化弄人,莫此为甚,每次看完《天龙八部》中乔峰的情节,都不禁要狂浮三大白,以舒胸中郁气。金 庸笔下的英雄人物极多,但若论意气之豪迈,行笔之光明,胸襟之广阔,唯有乔峰。乔峰堪称是人中之龙,而且他 和郭靖全然不同,郭靖完美,但看来看去是一个假人,乔峰完美,看来看去,总是一条凛凛大汉,就在你的面前。 乔峰一生悲苦,连一个他所爱的人都不能保留,身世的纠缠,江湖上对他的不谅解,逼得他在聚贤庄大开杀戒,他 救过耶律洪基两次,但是君臣之间的矛盾,自一开始,就是无可调解的,发生在乔峰身上的事,无一不是解不开的 死结,这些死结一个连一个,终于令得英雄如乔峰,也不得不悲剧收场,天下人宜同声一哭。乔峰悲苦的一生中, 也有值得欣慰之处,他得到阿朱倾心的时间虽然短,但阿朱的柔顺和乔峰的刚强,形成对比,乔峰在那段短暂的时 间中,至少是快乐的,象这种快乐的日子,终乔峰一生,也只不过如此一段而已,而且,快乐光阴的终结,如此凄 苦!乔峰另外也有高兴的时候,少林寺前,面对群雄,只有段誉站在他一边,忽然有虚竹大步走出,自称是他的结 义兄弟,这是何等快事!难怪他立时要解下皮囊,大口狂饮。武侠小说中尽多嗜酒的大侠,但从来也没有一个喝酒 喝得如此豪意格天的。金庸对这个豪侠,几乎一字也没有写过他内心之苦!只是写他的豪侠之处,但是一件事又一 件事紧逼过来,在豪侠气概之下的内心凄苦,却又表露无遗,这是极其高超的笔法。尤其因为乔峰是这样的豪侠, 所以他的内心的凄苦,也比常人更深一层。但也正由于他是这样的豪侠,凄苦深自埋藏就可以,何必逢人就哭哭啼 啼?乔峰终于将断箭插入自己心口,结束了他的一生,就是内心深处无数凄苦积累的结果。“虚竹和段誉只吓得魂 飞魄散”,读者看到此处,也一样魂飞魄散。乔峰是绝顶人物。

你在金庸小说中是:杨莲亭

杨莲亭武功不高,那是无可奈何之事,他残害朝阳神教的旧人,以他的地位而论,格于形势,也非如此不可。这个 性格之硬,世所罕见。杨莲亭也是上上人物。

Anyone got DFBB?

I think '聪明得过了头的一个女人' should be translated to 'a woman who is overly intelligent' not 'the most intelligent female character'.

I don't agree with everything the writer wrote about HR especially the older one since I like older HR. But, I don't think he/she is doing anything wrong putting her own opinion on the character. Which personality test just contain facts without any input of opinion from the writer? Everyone interpretes characters and situation differently. The 'Which Heroes character are you' personality test also contains the creator's opinion about various Heroes character. Btw, the writer's opinion on older HR actually echoes quite a number of readers' opinion about her too.

If the no personal opinion are allowed, HR's description will just be
    - intelligent
    - beautiful
    nothing else
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

1. thanks for correcting my mistake.
    which personality test just contain facts without any input of opinion from the writer? Everyone interpretes characters and situation differently.
    the way she/he remarks shows that he/she wants to dabble Jin Shengtan, a famous critic during the late Ming dynasty, in commenting Shui hu zhuan (Water Margin), and Mao Zonggang, a famous critic during the Qing dynasty, in commenting San guo yan yi (Romance of the Three kingdoms). But the 2 predecessors nearly did not let any personal prejudices affect their work, allmost all the readers agree with them, whereas the said modern critic here produced critical garbage.
    Btw, the writer's opinion on older HR actually echoes quite a number of readers' opinion about her too.
    yea, opinion of HR haters most of whom, I believe, have never read LoCH or most of whose minds are set by nonsensical TV adaptations of ROCH and rubbish rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    If the no personal opinion are allowed, HR's description will just be
    - intelligent
    - beautiful
    nothing else.
    oh, come on, where are her faithfulness, patriotism, her devotion to her family, numberless people she saved,... just because she was rather harsh toward the son of her enemy that many of her good characteristics can be discounted?
    i know your Chinese is far far better than mine, try reading LOCH one time. even though tastes differ, objectively, no way can Huang Rong the character be ranked below dummies without brain such as Jianning, the 6 Fairies, Xiao Longnv etc. except in the biased heads of some fanatics.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 03-28-07 at 06:07 PM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

i though xz in hsds 03 was beautiful too. if she didn't have to leave, i would've wish she end up with zwj...
    I like Xiao Zhao and all, but I wouldn't go that far - ZWJ + ZM are the best =)

personality wise - there might be some similarities. i can't decide if that's good or bad.
    I'd say if your personality is similar to Xiao Zhao, that's a good thing! Who's your male part again?

Lemme do my male part...it better not be ZWJ...my male counterpart is the mighty Xiao Feng That's even more like me than Wang Yuyan.

Quote Originally Posted by redfirefly124
    Hey Sparky, where did you get your avatar?
    I made it to show my pride.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway