Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Silly Jin Yong character determination by birthdays

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

你在金庸小说中是:文泰来

奔雷手文泰来气派极大,是江湖豪侠,可惜在《书剑》中未曾充分发挥,有点欲吐未尽之感,但也已锋芒毕露,是 中上人物。

er can someone translate

I personally think the creator of that assessing website is super biased against "intelligent female characters", she/he regards Xiao Long Nv, Luo Bing as high-class characters whereas Huang Rong and Huo Qingtong as so-so ones, that's just nonsensical.

------------------------------------
    @ shanghai:
    are you kidding, shanghai? you're matched with Rushing Thunder Hand Wen Tailai of the book and the sword, a very hot-tempered man, a big hero in the martial world, even though his character was not expanded equivalently to his potential, he still stands out enough to be considered a decent high-class character.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 03-25-07 at 02:06 PM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

你在金庸小说中是:东邪

黄药师是上中人物,洒脱不羁,把普天下都当作脚底下泥,他不喜欢傻小子郭靖,是情理中事(黄蓉喜欢郭靖,属 于情理之外,只好认命)。本来,黄药师可算是绝顶人物,但是他迁怒,铜尸铁尸偷了九阴真经,与其他弟子何关 ?何况真的如此超绝,又何必如此重视九阴真经?难道无所不能的黄老邪,就非靠九阴真经不可?自己不会去创出 比九阴真经更高的武功来?至于要在爱妻坟前,焚化九阴真经,那是执着的做作,不是至情至性的表现,所以,连 上上人物都不是,只是上中人物。

i suck at reading chinese but i think i am HYS?

你在金庸小说中是:凌霜华

金庸笔下,有许多“情是何物,直教生死相许”的描述,也写了各种各样的遭遇的情侣,但论到令人看了,心情沉 郁,几乎连气都喘不过来的,当提丁典和凌霜华这一对。男女之情,竟可以这样凄苦。纯真的爱情,竟可以在奸谋 之下,变得这样丑恶。凌霜华以一个官小姐之尊,喜欢了江湖流浪汉丁典,这本来是一个相当普通的情节,但是接 下来事态的发展,却使得这段爱情,演变得如此惊心动魄。丁典痴,凌霜华更痴,两个痴情人,演出了一段天地为 之色变的痴情故事,令人掩书之后,怏怏不乐,莫此为甚。丁典和凌霜华,全是上上人物。

does any1 kno who that is? thats my mom's character

你在金庸小说中是:杨过

杨过,字改之。名字是郭靖所取,因为杨过的父亲杨康,认贼作父,卖国求荣,不是好人。杨过自“……左手提着 一只公鸡,口中唱着俚曲,跳跳跃跃走过来……脸上贼忒嘻嘻,说话油腔滑调”出卖以来,一直是杨过,没有改什 么。当然杨过有改变,他的改变,是为了对附加在他身上的种种压力,在一次又一次的反抗过程中,他变得更成熟 ,反抗的决心也更强。杨过的一生,是对抗压力的一生。杨过在出现之前生活如何,不得而知,但是看他住天窑洞 时,日子自然不会好到哪里去他手里提的那只鸡,多半是偷来的。作为一个孤儿,和生活的压力对抗,已足以养成 日后对抗其他压力的本能。杨过在被郭靖收留之后,日子不会比自己住窑洞更好。武氏兄弟和郭芙欺负他,黄蓉歧 视他,人家习武,他要学子曰诗云。郭靖的性格和杨过根本格格不入,而且一副要杨过作圣人的期望,使得杨过几 乎无时无刻都要反抗,才能生存下去。杨过在这时候,虽然遇到过欧阳锋,教他“蛤蟆功”,但欧阳锋是一个失心 疯,杨过在他那里,绝对得不到什么感情上的慰藉。接下来,杨过到了全真教之中,遭遇更是苦不堪言,受尽了欺 负,终于逼得杨过,从心理上的反抗--到行动上的反抗,出手伤了鹿清笃。杨过在全真教中的那段日子--是他一生中极惨痛的日子,一个生性高傲的少年,处身于一群不知云的道士之中,受到歧视,其惨痛可知。所以后 来杨过有了扬眉吐气的机会,孙不二想借剑给他用,杨过连看也不看,便自拒绝。多少年以前的一口气,到今日才 得吐出来。杨过可以借这个机会和全真教修好,但稍有个性的人,心不肖为,宁愿得罪到底,而杨过正是天下第一 人个性之人!何况其中还有孙婆婆的恩怨。杨过一生之中,直到见了孙婆婆,才知道什么叫做人类的温情,而孙婆 婆偏又死在郝大通之手,这对杨过来说,是一个极大的打击。孙婆婆是一个极度热心的人,小龙女是极度冰冷的人 ,但是杨过她们处得到了温暖,孙婆婆死后,杨过心目中只有小龙女一人,在感情的发展上,完全可以理解。杨过 日后,在神雕处得到了温暖,在郭襄处又得到了温暖,终其一生,和小龙女是分不开的。小龙女的恬淡和杨过的激 烈,恰成对比,小龙女的不通世务和杨过的洞察世情,也成对比。正因为两人性格上有这样大的距离,所以当两人 携手对抗社会压迫努力之际,也格外惊心动魄,精彩纷异。杨过和小龙女的名分是师徒,但他们硬是非结成夫妻不 可。在杨过的心中是这样想:你们不店铺这样做,我偏要这样做。在小龙女的心中是这样想:这又没有什么不对, 为什么不能这样做?两人要做一件事的目的相同,但是想各异。小龙女只是迷惑,杨过却是有意识的反抗,但却又 配合无间,终于使得各色人等,全败下阵来。杨过,是绝顶人物。

my dad is YG

你在金庸小说中是:建宁公主

韦小宝娶了七位夫人,这七位夫人,有的来路甚清,勾搭的过程,写得甚明。有的,来得有点糊里糊涂,不可深究 。例如洪教主夫人苏荃,就是因为有了孕,才跟了韦小宝的,但苏荃是如何有孕的?自然是在扬州丽香院的一张大 床之上,大被同眠,胡天胡地之下的结果。但纵观这一段,历时并不太久,而且后来,连大床一起抬走,韦小宝竟 能在这段时间中,做下这等事来,也颇为匪夷所思,苏荃以教主夫人之尊而跟了韦小宝,自然还有几分威严在,所 以七位夫人之中,以她为首。苏荃是中上人物。沐剑屏这个小郡主,一出场就有楚楚可怜之感,一直到最后,还是 给人这个感觉,可以说是有点不解风情,韦小宝对她的钟爱程度,只怕有限,只是中中人物。方怡是神龙教属下, 曾将韦小宝骗得神魂颠倒,几乎死在神龙教之中,韦小宝对她又爱又恨,怕不会对她客气。方怡是中中人物。建宁 公主是韦小宝“初试云雨情”的第一个对手,这个野蛮得出乎人情之常的公主,所作所为之奇,令人目瞪口呆,多 少有几分性虐狂。后来,有其他六位女士牵制,行为稍敛,但韦小宝和她单独相对之际,只怕仍然不愿点灯,以免 有火种,又给她来个“火烧藤甲兵”。建宁公主是中上人物。曾柔是七位女士之中,落墨最少的一个,似乎可有可 无,只好是中下人物。阿珂是陈圆圆的女儿,貌美如仙,韦小宝一见到她,就如痴如狂,而阿珂一直不喜欢韦小宝 。一直到最后,阿珂是否真心喜欢韦小宝,还是“形势比人强”,不得不耳,仍属不可考之事。阿珂很有她独特的 个性,以韦小宝之聪明,未必想不到他得到阿珂,用了多少手段,后果未必太佳。猜想起来,阿珂在他七个妻子之 中,虽然美丽,但是只怕他对着阿珂时,最为无趣。阿珂是中中人物。韦小宝七位妻子中,他最钟爱的,可以全然 毫无拘束,可以对之讲任何心中话的,怕只有双儿一人。双儿是以丫头的身份跟了韦小宝的,在和韦小宝共同经过 了不知多少艰险之后才“大功告成”。双儿可以说是完全没有自己,只是为韦小宝而活着的。象双儿这样的妻子, 已不复再见于人间。双儿是上上人物。

my sister
    Last edited by LuNaR; 03-25-07 at 03:35 PM.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I'm definitely going to come out to be Zhao Min. Anyone get Zhao Min? Want to make sure it exists as an option.

I got...Xiaolongnu??? (Sorry GuGu, I'll be stealing your Guo'er )

你在金庸小说中是:小龙女

小龙女几乎不食人间烟火,但是她和香香公主截然不同。在未曾遇见杨过之前,她已经不动心,决不是“天真纯情 ”,她另有自己在古墓生活的一套观念。小龙女的这种形象,是接近神仙境界,而不是接近白痴。这其间的分别, 十分微妙,所差也不过一线而已。小龙女是金庸笔下女角中最出色的一个,所遗憾者,是她在投崖十六年后再度出 现,再度出现的小龙女,大是逊色。小龙女本来应该是绝顶人物,但由于末段逊色,所以只好是上上 人物。
    Last edited by Sparky; 07-22-08 at 03:59 PM.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Can anyone translate mine? Thanks in advance...

你在金庸小说中是:徐天宏

鬼头鬼脑的所谓“武诸葛”,只是中下人物,他竟能获得俏李逵的爱情,堪称奇事。“俏”和“李逵”加在一起, 唯周姑娘能得之,夫妇性格不同,以此为最,周姑娘是中上人物。

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    你在金庸小说中是:东邪
    i suck at reading chinese but i think i am HYS?

你在金庸小说中是:凌霜华
    does any1 kno who that is? thats my mom's character

你在金庸小说中是:建宁公主
    my sister
    you're East Heretic,
    your Mom: Ling Shuanghua, a very beautiful, faithful and lovable character, but she had a tragic ending in the novel.
    you're sister: Princess Jian Ning of DOMD.
    杨过,是绝顶人物。
    Yang Guo: a peak-of-perfection-esque character!?!
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

你在金庸小说中是:桃谷六仙之一

桃谷六仙是六个浑人,但是浑得极可爱,比周伯通可爱得多,因为他们是真的浑,不象周伯通,“酒醉还有三分醒 ”。真正浑人可爱,假浑人可厌。桃谷六仙是上上人物。

I am: one of the six Peach Valley Fairies from SPW. They are wacky folks, but in the lovable sense of wackiness, much more lovable than Zhou Botong, because they are REALLY wack all the way, unlike Zhou Botong, who still possesses 30% of clear mind. The 100% wacky folks are lovable, while the imposters at wackiness are yucky. The Six Peach Valley Fairies are "super-plus" material.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Can anyone translate mine? Thanks in advance...

你在金庸小说中是:徐天宏

鬼头鬼脑的所谓“武诸葛”,只是中下人物,他竟能获得俏李逵的爱情,堪称奇事。“俏”和“李逵”加在一起, 唯周姑娘能得之,夫妇性格不同,以此为最,周姑娘是中上人物。
    Hey Bangs,you're Xu Tianhong and I'm Miao Renfeng. Guess we'll have to Google the names to find out more. [Which I did. ]

Xu Tianhong from the novel Book and Sword: "He ranked 10th in seniority in the Red Flower Society; his travelling companion was Xu Tianhong who ranked seventh. Xu was very short and slight in build, almost the size of a dwarf, but his wisdom and resource made him the Red Flower Society's chief tactician, and the fighting community had dubbed him 'The Kung Fu Mastermind'."

Miao Renfeng from the Flying Fox novels: "Known as The Peerless Combatant (打遍天下無敵手), Miao is described as a martial artist with supreme confidence and skills, yet earthly and unassuming. His other nickname, The Golden-Faced Buddha (金面佛), refers to his complexion as well as his kind-heartedness."
    Last edited by JamesG; 03-25-07 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Hey Bangs,you're Xu Tianhong and I'm Miao Renfeng. Guess we'll have to Google the names to find out more. [Which I did. ]

Xu Tianhong from the novel Book and Sword: "He ranked 10th in seniority in the Red Flower Society; his travelling companion was Xu Tianhong who ranked seventh. Xu was very short and slight in build, almost the size of a dwarf, but his wisdom and resource made him the Red Flower Society's chief tactician, and the fighting community had dubbed him 'The Kung Fu Mastermind'."

Miao Renfeng from the Flying Fox novels: "Known as The Peerless Combatant (打遍天下無敵手), Miao is described as a martial artist with supreme confidence and skills, yet earthly and unassuming. His other nickname, The Golden-Faced Buddha (金面佛), refers to his complexion as well as his kind-heartedness."
    Waaaaa! You get to be cool and I'm a dwarven tactician lol!

Apart from wisdom, there's no similarity between me and him haha.

It could have been worse. Your character might have been some Dork who was as clumsy and bright as an ox.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG

Gah, I just realised who my wife's character was.... his wife.

Be thankful that u are not Dong Fang Bu Bai.

Yes, DFBB was one of the results available. I posted this quiz before in this forum and someone did get DFBB. He was asked people who he got since he can't read chinese and some people replied that it's better he didn't know.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0
    This is one of those, enter your birthday and this is your relevant character things.

Any male that comes out with a decent character like GJ, QF or Z3F, notify me of the birth date at once as i go partner hunting.... lol, kidding

Now, i'd laugh if RYY comes up with RYY, GX comes up with GX, Felix comes up with Song Qing Shu, Candide came up with DFBB etc.

I always get Zhao Min.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I got XF. What a tragedy!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebook
    I got XF. What a tragedy!!
    tragedy, i don't think so

haha, i shouldn't do this to you...

Huang Rong, i think the quiz automatically gives blood type O if you don't enter anything because it's the most common.

Still no Jing Ge Ge... and the quiz says that no other type of male would ever be able to put up with me!

Still, how is Huang Rong (the character, but also the person ) so-so material when PJ's Peach Valley fairy is a high class character!

i kind of agree with the rankings of WXB's wives though i can't see how Jiang Ning is higher up than Huang Rong!

苏荃是中上人物... 方怡是中中人物... 建宁公主是中上人物 ... 曾柔是只好是中下人物 ... 阿珂是中中人物... 双儿是上上人物。

My dad is

你在金庸小说中是:黑白无常之一 (one of the Black and White Wu Chang)

黑白无常,是上上人物,出场极少,但令人生畏、起敬,《飞狐外传》中救倪不大、倪不小,倏来倏往,如鬼似魅 ,技压群雄,声威无限。

Who are 'Black White Wu Chang'? Are they good or bad people?

My mom is

你在金庸小说中是:胡夫人 (Mrs Hu)

胡夫人在丈夫死后,将遗孤托给苗人凤,临自杀时说:“我这就少受二十年苦了。”对人生看得如此透彻,是上上 人物。

Note: change 'Madam Wu' to 'Mrs Hu', a more correct title. Thanks HYS.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-26-07 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    My dad is

你在金庸小说中是:黑白无常之一 (one of the Black and White Wu Chang)

黑白无常,是上上人物,出场极少,但令人生畏、起敬,《飞狐外传》中救倪不大、倪不小,倏来倏往,如鬼似魅 ,技压群雄,声威无限。

Who are 'Black White Wu Chang'? Are they good or bad people?

My mom is

你在金庸小说中是:胡夫人 (Madam Wu)

胡夫人在丈夫死后,将遗孤托给苗人凤,临自杀时说:“我这就少受二十年苦了。”对人生看得如此透彻,是上上 人物。
    You've got nice parents!

Black/White Wu Chang are twins, #5 and #6 in the Red Flower Society. Good people. Used the "flying claws" as weapons -- just think of chicken feet on very long chains! I always have a good laugh when my mom cooks chicken feet!

Mrs Hu, the wife of Hu Yidao, was held up by Miao Renfeng as an outstanding woman, so much so that Miao's own wife became so alienated that she fled with Tian Guinong. ... heh-heh, I know, it sounds like gossip, but JY really wrote this in Other Tales of the Flying Fox.

===

Out of curiosity, I decided to cycle through all the possible blood-type/gender combinations with my birthday:
    A = Chongxu (male, SPW) and Lan Fenghuang (female, SPW).
    B = Zhang Cuishan (male, HSDS) and Huo Qingtong (female, Book/Sword).
    O = Yang Xiao (male, HSDS) and Daiqisi/Purple Dragon (female, HSDS).
    AB = Yideng (male, LOCH/ROCH) and Xiaolongnό (female, ROCH).
    Unknown = Zhang Wuji (male, HSDS) and Yin Li (female, HSDS).

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember right, blood-type personality theories tend to lump people together regardless of gender, so for the life of me, I can't figure out the similarities in personality (if any) between Chongxu and Lan Fenghuang, or Zhang Cuishan and Huo Qingtong, ... or any of the others!
    Last edited by HuangYushi; 03-26-07 at 06:17 AM.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

OH GOD, i realised that my DAD is the only GJ i've heard of so far and my mum is RYY.

Following HYS's way. I cycled through all the possible blood-type/gender combinations with my birthday too. Here's the result.

A = Chen Jin Nan (male, DOMD), Fang Yi (female, DOMD)
    B = Hu Fei (male, FFSM & OTFF), Wen Yi (female, SSWRB)
    O = Qiao Feng/Xiao Feng (male, DGSD), Wang Yu Yan (female, DGSD)
    AB = Golden Wheel Monk (male, ROCH), Ling Shuang Hua (female, MLC)
    Unknown = Murong Fu (male, DGSD), Wang Yu Yan (female, DGSD)

What's in common between WYY and XF? So big difference, just by changing the gender.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Following HYS's way. I cycled through all the possible blood-type/gender combinations with my birthday too. Here's the result.

A = Chen Jin Nan (male, DOMD), Fang Yi (female, DOMD)
    B = Hu Fei (male, FFSM & OTFF), Wen Yi (female, SSWRB)
    O = Qiao Feng/Xiao Feng (male, DGSD), Wang Yu Yan (female, DGSD)
    AB = Golden Wheel Monk (male, ROCH), Ling Shuang Hua (female, MLC)
    Unknown = Murong Fu (male, DGSD), Wang Yu Yan (female, DGSD)

What's in common between WYY and XF? So big difference, just by changing the gender.
    WYY and XF were both loved by DY.

Anyway, blood type personalities always always sound so dozzie, and doggy - worse than horoscope imho.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control