Thread: Doomed to Oblivion 《鄭板橋》

Default Doomed to Oblivion 《鄭板橋》

Is this series any good? Or is it doomed to oblivion too?

I'm watching this because Gilbert Lam is in this series. And maybe for Nadia and Gigi.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-15-08 at 08:49 PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Is this series any good? Or is it doomed to oblivion too?

I'm watching this because Gilbert Lam is in this series. And maybe for Nadia and Gigi.
    I remember watching this series right after watching A Step Into The Past. It talks about a scholar Cheng Ban Kiu or something like that and his specialty is drawing bamboos. His father, however, says his drawings are crap compared to real artists' drawings. I forgot what happened afterwards but Ban Kiu ran away and started selling his paintings in the streets. Wong Hei married Nnadia but she died and then he married Myolie Wu at the end. Wong Hei is also involved in a big secret! I don't want to spoil it for you.

PS. I think this series is worth a try.

Good series! Gigi played a villian that would destroy/ revenge Wong Hei's life. Nnadia's role is a bit sad but perfect match with Wong Hei.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by bubcas View Post
    Good series! Gigi played a villian that would destroy/ revenge Wong Hei's life. Nnadia's role is a bit sad but perfect match with Wong Hei.
    Hi,I saw "Doomed to Oblivion" when it first came on TVB and thought that it was a tragedy that Nnadia died. I wished that she had stayed on in the series and lived happily ever after with Wong Hei. She hasn't changed at all since her first series "Songbird" and still looked so pretty and slim.

I really miss Nnadia with TVB.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Quote Originally Posted by Sau Han View Post
    Hi,I saw "Doomed to Oblivion" when it first came on TVB and thought that it was a tragedy that Nnadia died. I wished that she had stayed on in the series and lived happily ever after with Wong Hei. She hasn't changed at all since her first series "Songbird" and still looked so pretty and slim.
    It's pretty funny every time I read people say this and that actor hasn't change at all since xx when it's very obvious that they have changed. Nnadia still looks good, but, if you watch DTO and Songbird back to back, you will see how much she has changed.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I recommend this all the way! Beware that the first few episodes are really slow and not all that captivating...but you pass those and this series is fantastic.

Wong Hei is at his usual so he won't disappoint you (except he doesnt match with ancient costumes) and Gigi is always adequate in villainess roles. Myolie was a breath of fresh air then for me...I started liking her somewhat after this series. But the most memorable would have to be Nnadia...she portrayed her character with such ease and fell right into her character - I LOVE IT!

If you like heavy dramas...this is especially suitable for you.