Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any fans of Blondie here?

Interesting thread. I think Blondie would agree that doing your own thing and not following the crowd is cool cuz and she set the example. Alot of people didn't like her cuz she wasn't pop (i think she fell into the punk genre at the time), but I liked her stuff. Everyone seemed to know who she was cuz she was as different as her music. I remember her going thru the airport hauling a couple of trash bags for luggage.

I wouldn't put down teens for liking music just cuz its popular - fitting in with the crowd is much more important than expanding your musical horizons at that age. You learn to be yourself as you get older cuz you no longer care if you're laughed at for being who you are and don't want to waste your life trying to fit into someone else's idea of what's cool. Anyone over forty who hasn't learned this should watch Happy Days re-runs and see what a dork Fonzie is (but oh, he was so cool back then, wasn't he? hehe).

Do what you have to to fit in if that's important to you, but give all types of music, past and present, a listen and make up your own mind - do it behind closed doors if you have to. I've recently discovered Chinese pop(?) music from watching Supergirls 2006 and most of my friends think I'm nuts until I play it for them - then most r pleasantly surprised. Some don't like it and that's okay too.

Besides, if we all liked the same stuff, this forum would be pretty boring. Be yourself, love life, have fun, and do it with respect Cheers to Blondie for doing her own thing and some great music too!

Ciao!
    Last edited by john-e; 04-17-07 at 11:26 PM.
    john-e

Sixty years ago I knew nothing; now I know nothing; education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance. - Will Durant