Thread: StreetBall!!!

Lightbulb StreetBall!!!

Street Ball

Man am i addicted to playin this shit!!!

does anyone have any intermediate moves to show and tell?
    "Why Am I Dying To Live, If I'm Just Living To Die..."

str33tbaLL is okay to play 4 fun.

But really it gets u no where.

u dun learn da fundermentals of team baLL.

i only play for the fun and fitness of it. Plus the bonus of occasionaLLy gettin a mad play. >>> girls watching u >> but i got no show and tell cos i prob exaggerate it 1000x ..... LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    str33tbaLL is okay to play 4 fun.

But really it gets u no where.

u dun learn da fundermentals of team baLL.

i only play for the fun and fitness of it. Plus the bonus of occasionaLLy gettin a mad play. >>> girls watching u >> but i got no show and tell cos i prob exaggerate it 1000x ..... LoL

-_- r u kiddin me?
    most NBA players were once streetballers

Quote Originally Posted by Wafiville
    -_- r u kiddin me?
    most NBA players were once streetballers

ur an idiot!
    Last edited by milKBoi; 04-14-07 at 08:30 AM.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Rafer Alston (aka skip 2 my lou) is arguably the most influencial and greatest streetballer, and he is an average NBA player at best.

Stephon Maurbary(Starbury) was also a famed streetballer and he is not exactly the ideal point guard.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Rafer Alston (aka skip 2 my lou) is arguably the most influencial and greatest streetballer, and he is an average NBA player at best.

Stephon Maurbary(Starbury) was also a famed streetballer and he is not exactly the ideal point guard.
    ur point is?

streetball is pretty fun to watch, being a girl, but its way too competitive!

Quote Originally Posted by annaaa
    streetball is pretty fun to watch, being a girl, but its way too competitive!
    yep agreed, its very emberassin when u get crossed

(ur point is?)

Point is Mini-Tmac was pretty spot on in his last post. Most 'streetballers' lack basic funementals and don't do very well in real 5-5 games. The street ball craze started when I was in Jr.High back when Philip Champion(aka HotSauce) was tearing it up on mixtape3. At that point every outdoor court you went to there were tons of kids trying to imitate his boomerrang or hypnotizer, shamgod ect ect. I admit I was caught up in it for a while until I started to play in a Jr league. That was a real wakeup call because in real games(or even if you play older decent people at your local rec centre) people wont let you dance around with the ball and hit them with the cross. They'll give you room and wait for you the brick the J because chances are you spent too much time working on your cross and not enough time getting a fundamentally sound jumper.

Anyway's there's ton's of basics you never learn if you just play pickup ball....things like feet positioning on D , rebounding when and how to correctly double team,forcing strong drivers to strong side ect ect ect..

My suggestion is that if you really want to learn the game go join a team it'll be more beneficial for you in the long run. If you just want to mess around and do moves to embarass subpar basketball players....then well....go to youtube and checkout the Notic =P. They are a pretty crazy bunch of streetballers from Vacouver, and pretty inspirational to me when I was trying to get in with the whole street ball thing BACK in the day, but I must admit it's been years since ive watched that streetball ish...so don't really know if they're still around.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-14-07 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    (ur point is?)

Point is Mini-Tmac was pretty spot on in his last post. Most 'streetballers' lack basic funementals and don't do very well in real 5-5 games. The street ball craze started when I was in Jr.High back when Philip Champion(aka HotSauce) was tearing it up on mixtape3. At that point every outdoor court you went to there were tons of kids trying to imitate his boomerrang or hypnotizer, shamgod ect ect. I admit I was caught up in it for a while until I started to play in a Jr league. That was a real wakeup call because in real games(or even if you play older decent people at your local rec centre) people wont let you dance around with the ball and hit them with the cross. They'll give you room and wait for you the brick the J because chances are you spent too much time working on your cross and not enough time getting a fundamentally sound jumper.

Anyway's there's ton's of basics you never learn if you just play pickup ball....things like feet positioning on D , rebounding when and how to correctly double team,forcing strong drivers to strong side ect ect ect..

My suggestion is that if you really want to learn the game go join a team it'll be more beneficial for you in the long run. If you just want to mess around and do moves to embarass subpar basketball players....then well....go to youtube and checkout the Notic =P. They are a pretty crazy bunch of streetballers from Vacouver, and pretty inspirational to me when I was trying to get in with the whole street ball thing BACK in the day, but I must admit it's been years since ive watched that streetball ish...so don't really know if they're still around.
    see? thats the difference between THEM and ME, i practice fundumentals such as handlin and shootin and all, and just to let u kno, NBA originated from streetball

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Wafiville
    see? thats the difference between THEM and ME, i practice fundumentals such as handlin and shootin and all,
    huh! >>> yeh good luck... amatuer
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

(i practice fundumentals such as handlin and shootin and all, and just to let u kno, NBA originated from streetball)

...sure.

i think its the other way around. streeball originated from NBA.
    I think pistal pete was the most famous for. He created the creativeness to ball handling. But street balls require the ball too much, it will never work in the nba. Take the ball away and they dont know what to do.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

That Wafiville kidd is a dumb guy.

No need to explain to him since he is so stoopid.
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

street ball = no def = easy basket = cool dunks = cool dunks every basket = boring
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!