Thread: Stephen Chow's movies

Default Stephen Chow's movies

I want to know which movie do you like that Stephen Chow is in and which part in that movie is your favorite.

Talking

My favorite movie of Stephen Chow is 算死草, when he tells his student that he can kiss the girl when he is really going to kiss a pig's tounge and then he got stuck in the room where the girl should be in and got himself all wet.

My second favorite is 整蛊专家, I like it when he got into the girl's bathroom and then that girl name Bannana said that he is in the wrong room and then his coworker told him to go into the girl bathroom again to get a tissue. Later he and his so call brother went eating with Bannana and her friend and he told her that he is sickly ill and kissed her and she thought that every thing that he said was true.

My third favorite was 大内密探零零发, I like it when they all where trying to cut the so call alien. They was like are you going to disect it or not and then they accidently cut its arm and found out that it was human infact it was the king. Then he stared to fight the bad guys with kind of monder techeques.

I think these are one of the funny parts of some of his movies. What do you think?

my favourite's god of cookery.. rewatched it the other day, it's just soo hilarious!! my favourite part, lots.. like when he ran away from karen mok, or when he was trying to beg some money from karen..lol.. and when he's dissing his subordinates..
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

kung fu hustle! the best part has got to be the part where the landlady used a microphone w the lion's roar
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by big master
    kung fu hustle! the best part has got to be the part where the landlady used a microphone w the lion's roar
    I think so too.

Quote Originally Posted by darknight123
    I think so too.
    yea that part was hilarious! i cudnt stop laffing wen i watched that part of the movie
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Gosh! Only five replies? Stingy. . . . .

I like Shaolin Soccer -- the karaoke part. Wong Yat Fei began hollering towards the end of the song and suddenly broke off hacking his brains out. That even got Stephen Chow out of his chair!

i enjoys his movies..... though i don't like one more than another cause most of his movies is crazily funny.........but too unrealistic........
    if time can be turn back......there won't be tomorrow....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2007/07/23/10132chow.jpg')

Default Stephen Chow to direct and star in "Green Hornet"

2008-09-21

BEIJING, Sept. 21 -- Hong Kong director and actor Stephen Chow will direct and star in the silver screen adaptation of "Green Hornet," Chinese website Sina.com.cn reported.

Chow will co-star in the film as the Green Hornet's faithful sidekick, Kato, opposite Canadian-born actor Seth Rogen who will play the hero. The movie is scheduled to hit theaters on June 25, 2010.
    Stephen Chow garnered worldwide fame with his humorous kung fu movies "Shaolin Soccer" (2001) and "Kung Fu Hustle" (2004). "Green Hornet" will be his American movie debut. The late Hong Kong action star Bruce Lee used to play Kato in the classic television series "The Green Hornet" in 1966.

My favourite would be God of Gamblers 2 and Kungfu, among many others.

In God of Gamblers, I like the lost kungfu of 'ge shan da niu', where he's able to defeat many by channeling his energy through another person/barrier.

Kungfu: where he translated 'With greater power comes greater responsibility' in Chinese.

My favourites are probably Fight Back To School 1, 2 and 3 followed by God of Gamblers 2, but I also like Tricky Brains and Shaolin Soccer too.

I like the part where uncle Tat (played by Ng Man Tat) gets cloned by his villains. He later gets kidnapped and so too does his clone. His villains interrogated them both, but they could never tell them apart, neither could Stephen. It wasn't till Stephen shouted "SAAAAM SUUUUK!!!" and saw uncle shaking his arms and legs that he realised which one of them was real. I can't remember if this was from FBTS 1 or 2 but that was funny.
    Have you learned to love one another?

I think my favorite is Shaolin Soccer, mostly because of Jiang Bao's presence in the deleted random dance scene. I also really liked Vickie's portrayal of the ugly girl early on. Then I thought the character went downhill after she got "made over." And I stlll don't get how she suddenly became good looking at the end with no explanation.

Other ones I like are God of Cookery, especially the sequence starting with Karen and the other gangster negotiating, then they start grilling the henchmen about saying the line about pissing beef balls. Then Karen breaks into a Lu Xiao Feng song LOL. Abbot Wet Dream is hilarious too.

From Beijing with Love is real good too. I liked the scene where Anita is trying to assassinate him with the crazy backfiring gun. The look on her face is hilarious when she shoots herself twice accidentally and ends up with a bum noggin from shooting the chandelier. All the while, Stephen is oblivious.

The A Chinese Odyssey is real nice too. My fav. is Law Ka Ying singing "Only You." LKY was the funniest char. in that 2 part movie. I couldn't believe it when his Longevity Monk says "Yaang" at the end. LMAO.
    What are you fighting for? Just mix them into pissing beef balls, stupid.
    SOD Pt. 7 updated Jan. 6, '08

Jiang Bao's Karaoke Corner

God of Gambler 2.

Favorite Stephen Chow scenes.

1. Beijing w/ Love - I absolutely cracked up when Law Ka Ying showed Stephen Chow all his inventions. The one that cracked me up was the flashlight. This is a solar power flashlight. Lol.

2. Shaolin Soccer - When he took vickie to the shopping center and started slapping her all over the face trying to hit the mosquito. Also loved Tin Kai at the end calling his gf ... too funny!

3. Kungfu Hustle - omg - the knife scene killed me. I couldn't stop laughing.

4. Judo movie - when the judo guy grabbed Stephen's hand while almost shaking Christy's hand was hilarious too. Hak Hong (judo guy) kept saying, "slap me. what? slap me." And Stephen chow said, "no, you already received your punishment. but really, thanks."
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Ah yes, the extra special handshake and face slap... That guy was hilarious, with his awesome girly hair and stuff.

i like a lot of stephen's movies but my all time favorites are:

a chinese odyssey - pandora's box and cinderella!

the first part is funniest and the 2nd is simply satisfying and a great conclusion - with possibly the best performances (imo) from both stephen and athena.

my favorite line from the first: joker: "i told you to clean the place. now the spider is even bigger than me!!" LOL

oh and of course, i laughed so hard when he was using the pandora's box to go back in time again and again. don't you just love piggy's expressions??? LOL

my favorite scene of part 2 was the ending. monkey king got a chance again by entering the body of joker? and saying what he wanted to say to zixia. i thought that part was done just beautifully! can you see the longing in his embrace?? okay, so i'm a romantic.

i think stephen and athena had an off-screen relationship during this time or soon after. athena's line at the end was "if you reject my love, you'll regret it for the rest of your life", sounds like it may apply to more than just their on screen roles eh? i may just be reading too much into that line but i thought it was almost prophetic. too bad he probably doesn't have a 2nd chance like in the movie.

i got the remastered version and it may be the best dvd version yet. not totally perfect but looks awesome! okay, enough rambling from me.
    Last edited by shellie; 01-13-09 at 11:39 AM.
    ---------
    Shellie

I think they started dating after they met on Fight Back to School 2. They went out for a few years until Athena caught him cheating… was it during ACO’s filming.

I think the ending to Cinderella was a little confusing. Did Monkey jump back to an alternate universe, different than the one to which Monk and Piggy and Sandy jumped back to? What would explain Monk changing his longwinded ways if it was the same Monk who was caught by King Bull?

Not sure what happened to all the demons and fairies either. Monkey didn’t betray Monk but all he did was kill King Bull. The other Ds and Fs were still alive.