Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Fan Brings Tragedy to Her Family

Arrow Crazy Fan Brings Tragedy to Her Family

Crazy Fan Brings Tragedy to Her Family

A young lady fan of Hong Kong star Andy Lau has experienced an extreme up-and-down of her life. Finally she got the chance to meet her long-time idol, before receiving the news of her father's death three days later.

Domestic Portal NetEase reports that Yang Li-juan is a 28-year-old girl from northwestern China's Gansu province. She became a huge fan of Andy Lau twelve years ago. Since then, the only thing she cares about in her life was to meet her Prince Charming someday.

She quit school, and spent day after day watching videos of Andy Lau's concerts. She wrote letters to him, and traveled to Hong Kong for two times hoping she could meet the famous singer and actor.
    Unfortunately, she got no response from him at all. Furthermore, her unrequited love has cost her parents almost everything.

Yang's father, a retired middle school teacher earning a pension of 1900 yuan per moth, was the one who supported the whole family. Her mother was unable to work for her poor health condition. They tried to persuade her out of the daydream in vain. Thence the family has lived indebted. They even sold their only apartment for Yang's traveling fee to Hong Kong.

Last week they came to Hong Kong for the third time, and finally managed to see the super star on Sunday with the help of his fans' association "Andy World Club."

The girl was too happy to realize it was the last few days she could spend with her father. The old man jumped into the sea early Wednesday morning when his wife and daughter were still asleep in a fast food restaurant open round-the-clock – they could not even afford a hotel room.

He was rescued by the coast guard, but died later in hospital. His last wish, expressed in a letter, was for the local government to take care of the rest of the family.

Andy Lau himself has yet to comment on the case.

For more info/source: http://english.cri.cn/3086/2007/03/28/[email protected]

My thoughts: IS SHE CRAZY? Who would go through so much just to see their celebrity? I never knew there was people on this planet who would do that? Well, there are all sorts of people in this world.
    Currently watching: --
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

And her parents are so nuts too..

Celebrity fanatism at its worst. Her parents actually sold their apartment for her to travel to HongKong? The things people do............

Well, I think this "girl" is a nutjob. You can't even call her a girl anymore cuz she's 28 for god's sake. That's the same age as mine and the last time I gave a dog's behind about some stupid idol was when I was in high school. Sure I like some songs but the songs is the extent of my liking a singer. I absolutely love Beyond but it's also limited to music. I sure ain't gonna waste away my life just to follow or stalk some music performer.

This byatch needed a good beating with a baseball bat many many years ago. I bet this crazy byatch doesn't even feel any remorse because she got to see Andy Lau live.

I am sure Andy Lau is gonna feel sick to the stomach when he hears of this wacko. Lock that byatch up and toss away the key. Or, better yet, let Andy Lau have the key for safekeeping! That would be ironic.
    This account is retired.

omg.. how can one be so obssessed..?? shiatz...
    力扬力扬,魅力飞扬
    祝力扬 & 栗亲们新年快乐, 万事如意!!~
    力扬加油, 栗子加油,加油,加油!!!!^o^

YAY, Federer WON!!!!~

The girl looks like she's demented.

am i cruel to say that i think it is all happen becoz of her parents??

omg! this is too weird to be true...n i agree...why does herparents allow this? i am a fan myself to certain artists but what she did was way way an exaggeration...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    Well, I think this "girl" is a nutjob. You can't even call her a girl anymore cuz she's 28 for god's sake. That's the same age as mine and the last time I gave a dog's behind about some stupid idol was when I was in high school. Sure I like some songs but the songs is the extent of my liking a singer. I absolutely love Beyond but it's also limited to music. I sure ain't gonna waste away my life just to follow or stalk some music performer.

This byatch needed a good beating with a baseball bat many many years ago. I bet this crazy byatch doesn't even feel any remorse because she got to see Andy Lau live.

I am sure Andy Lau is gonna feel sick to the stomach when he hears of this wacko. Lock that byatch up and toss away the key. Or, better yet, let Andy Lau have the key for safekeeping! That would be ironic.
    somehow, I have to agree with you. My points exactly.
    be happy

I can't believe this is true. Many fangirls/fanboys are unreasonable but this is just too much.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

who are at fault in this whole tragic stupidity?

The parents!

they shouldve slapped some sense into that woman loooong ago, when she decided to quit school. i have heard parents who would beat their children senseless if they even utter the word to quit school, and i think that is what the parents should have done to the girl. Give her a few belt welts across the back twelve years ago and they wouldnt have to put up with her lunacy right thru the years until now, that tragically ended with a fatality.

what parents in their right mind would let a child quit school, spend her days and nights drooling over her idol and practically feed her unrealistic dream anyway? duh, they practically brought this tragedy upon themselves.

and then there's the perpetrator herself. She is freakin 28 years old! and all those years she's been living his her nonexistent world of idolizing a celebrity? her brain cells must have stopped working when she quit school. the father, a retired teacher, would let a daughter quit school? how ironic is that? honestly, there no pity from me at all to be spared for this family. the whole family is demented to begin with.
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-29-07 at 08:47 AM.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c
    who are at fault in this whole tragic stupidity?

The parents!

they shouldve slapped some sense into that woman loooong ago, when she decided to quit school. i have heard parents who would beat their children senseless if they even utter the word to quit school, and i think that is what the parents should have done to the girl. Give her a few belt welts across the back twelve years ago
    Well, no. Physical abuse isn't the solution here.

That money they spent financing their trips? Maybe they should have spent it on a psychotherapist instead. THAT would have been closer to a solution.

lol..i use to be kinda like that...lol..but not nomore..lol
    GAO HU ROCKS
    ALSO FAN OF THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES AND NARUTO!
    P.S. I got my icon at this site
    http://www.digik.net/avatars/series/13/38
    and it's by Izzy!

what a crazy poor girl..she should know movies stars are for only idolizing, not chasing after!
    Women are trustless!

Quote Originally Posted by lido_freak
    woah...feel sorrie for you then!
    Women are trustless!

Red face Strange!

Quote Originally Posted by lido_freak
    Whoa! Seriously? I use to idolize some of the stars, I admire their works and personality.... but I would never imagine to go to such extremes to get there. After a while, my "idol" isn't an idol for me anymore and it all goes downhill. You just got to move on, right? I mean, if this "famous star" was having a concert in my area, I would want to go, but only if the tickets are cheap or for free lol (like that's ever going to happen) but I know for sure I won't pay anything over 200 just to see a concert. Hello, 200 bucks, you can spend it on so many things for a 2 hour concert? But, on the other hand, some people may think differently. They're probably go even though it cost a fortune just to get a sneek peak of their idols.
    Anticipating: GOONG 2 (original), HYD (Korean), Palace Scheme, Grand Entreprenur

Oh hey, I didn't look at her pic yesterday. She looks like she has some sort of genetic mental problem. Nice choppers. LOL

Her parents probably do what she wants cuz they know she has mental probs.
    This account is retired.

Oh god, this girl is crazy! See, this is why I don't become a "fan" of any other human being....Personally I think the girl has serious issues, but her family isn't much better. If I were her parents I just wouldn't fund her crazy "must meet Andy Lau!" expeditions! Wow....I read somewhere else that the girl felt a connection between her and Andy Lau whenever he sang.... That girl really needs to get a life. Supposedly now she wants Andy Lau to pay them....
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Here's a clip of it if you understand mandarin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX42dOzrtI4

she looks normal to me...but whats that? is she blaming andy for the incident? coz the captions wrote from love came hatred...the nerve! she has really got problems...
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!