Thread: What about The Eagles?

Default What about The Eagles?

What about the Eagles, any fans here in the forum?

Most popular song would probably be "Hotel California."

Anyone heard the one with Eric Clapton, the interlude is longer?

"Love Will Keep us Alive" is a nice one.

Any favorites?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Their all right, I remeber hearing a lot of their songs when I was little.
    Song like : Life in The Fast Lane, Desperado, and of course Hotel California.

Uhm, for the record Eric Clapton has never ever played with the Eagles so he never played on Hotel California. The longer interlude version your talking about I assume is their acoustic cover of the song that they perform lived. I did check youtube.com and some people did listed Eagles ft. Eric Clapton, etc but he's not on any of them. Those people just don't know who Eric Clapton is appearntly.

I actually like the acoustic version of Hotel California more than the original.
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Yes, It's the acoustic live version, I'm not saying Eric Clapton is part of them. But the versions I've found have included Eric Clapton as accompaning them in playing this acoustic version.

There's this other popular song I can't seem to put a finger on right now.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I wouldn't say I am a fan since I only have one album by them - Hell freezes over.
    I like many of the songs inside the album, particularly Love will keep us alive, so much so that I actually go dig out my guitar that I could barely play to learn the song.

If you downloaded it off Kazaa, Limewire, or whatever the filename is false. Eric Clapton has never played with the Eagles ever. Eric has a very different style of soloing, it's easy to tell him apart from Joe Walsh. And if it's a video, just watch it I guarntee you won't spot Eric.
    Last edited by Azn Dude; 03-30-07 at 11:17 AM.
    After Hours - Velvet Underground

Eric Clapton has co-operated with many famous artists such as Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits,... but I have never heard of any version of Hotel California in which he played alongside The Eagles.
    In the version of HC on Youtube and Google.Video which is named 'Hotel California - The Eagles (Live with Eric Clapton)', I still can not see the appearance of Eric, even a little bit of a second.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

I like the Eagles' pre-HOTEL CALIFORNIA music better. Not that there was anything wrong with HOTEL CALIFORNIA (the song and the album that it was on) or their later records, but I liked the country-rock/bluegrass vibe on their earlier records. By the time of HOTEL CALIFORNIA, the Eagles were a more generic soft rock band that had lost their country music feel and sounded like pretty much every other AOR band out there in the late 1970s.

My favorite song of theirs is "Lyin' Eyes," a song about that age-old country music theme of cheating lovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    Eric Clapton has co-operated with many famous artists such as Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits,.
    Clapton is also one of a very limited number of rock musicians to have guested on a Beatles recording. In 1968, George Harrison asked Clapton to play the guitar solo for "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" on THE BEATLES (i.e. the "WHITE ALBUM").

yep, and later on, he fell in love with George's wife, found in her inspirations to write Layla and married her before they divorced.
    Last edited by Huang Rong; 03-31-07 at 12:09 PM.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    yep, and later on, he fell in love with George's wife, found in her inspirations to write Layla and married her before they divorced.
    Surprisingly, all three (George Harrison, Eric Clapton, and Patti "Layla" Boyd) remained good friends throughout the entire ordeal. In fact, when Clapton married Patti, Harrison, Ringo Starr, and Paul McCartney were their wedding band. John Lennon was busy with other things at the time (this was in 1979, about a year before Lennon died), but if he had been there, the Beatles would have reunited to be Eric Clapton's wedding band!

I guess you couldn't have better friends than that.