Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zhang Ziyi's 53 Year old Boyfriend Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Hence I said it's the Asiaphilia that helped them get through it together. It's a kind of love too, you know.
    Maybe on her husband's end to some extent, but it's not the whole story.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

It is safe to say that any opinion/discussion about this relationship is purely based on speculations, since no one here really knows ZZY personally. Though, it is truly interesting to see the different opinions/conclusions arising from this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    you may be right...i could be misjudging her. but i find it hard to believe that she fell for such an old and not so attractive man, especially given the language barrier.
    ZZY is 28 years old and her boyfriend is 41. I wouldn't say that the 13-year age gap between them is extremely significant, but then again, this is just my personal opinion. As far as his look is concerned, we both can agree that beauty is subjected. What you consider beautiful may not translates the same way in my eyes, and vice-versa. And all I can honestly say about ZZY’s command of the English language is that she has improved a lot since her debut date.

do you honestly think that if you take away his money, she would even consider him?
    This question is unproductive, because the answer won’t necessary represents the truth. If he was a bum on a street, then I definitely don’t think that she would consider him. Would you? I wouldn’t! But then I would never consider anyone who is not financially stable, so does this make me a gold digger too? Yes, he is filthy rich, but why is she being punished for it? On the record, what has he done for her career? Seriously! Any achievement of fame and fortune thus far, she has accomplished on her own. She is listed #2 on China’s Forbes Celebrity List, only after Yao Ming; she commands $5 million USD per picture (not exactly spare change in my book) and I’m sure her value will further increase in future roles. Again, all these achievements were accomplished sans her current boyfriend. This is just to show that she is a capable and hard working individual, not someone who simply sits around on her *** and waits for prince charming to deliver the crown. Feel free to question her talents and merits, but don’t disrespect and degrade someone’s hard work and achievements just for entertainment values (and I’m pretty sure that this is not your intention, but there are those who like to exploit this situation for entertainment purpose).

and as i said, she is rich but compared to hollywood standards and compared to how much her bf makes, she really cannot compete. and doctors and lawyers do not make the amount of money that he makes.
    What is the Hollywood standard exactly? How many A-listers in Hollywood can command a $15-20 million paycheck? Though, you are absolutely right that she cannot compete with her boyfriend. But how many people in the world can compete with billionaires? So should millionaire only date millionaire? Should people with status, money, and higher education only exclusively date people from similar background and status? Because heaven forbids, if a millionaire marries a billionaire, then she must be a gold-digger as well, because I’m sure a million dollar is just spare change to someone who has a hundred times the wealth.

Look at Katie Holmes. Before she met Mr. A-lister, Tom Cruise, she was just a C/B-list actress and wasn’t even making nearly the amount of money that ZZY is making right now. Although Tom Cruise is nowhere is as rich as ZZY’s boyfriend, but he is still a bankable star with a network of over $100 million. Yet, I have never heard anyone called Katie Holmes a “gold digger,” and I don’t think anyone will label her that now since despite their strange courtship, their relationship seems to be sincere and legit after the birth of their daughter.

Furthermore, ZZY has been with this guy for almost a year now, and she has never talked, exploited, or flaunted her relationship to the public. Being private and personal simply aren't traits of a "gold digger" IMO.
    Last edited by bellamia; 03-18-08 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    Look at Katie Holmes. Before she met Mr. A-lister, Tom Cruise, she was just a C/B-list actress and wasn’t even making nearly the amount of money that ZZY is making right now. Although Tom Cruise is nowhere is as rich as ZZY’s boyfriend, but he is still a bankable star with a network of over $100 million. Yet, I have never heard anyone called Katie Holmes a “gold digger,” and I don’t think anyone will label her that now since despite their strange courtship, their relationship seems to be sincere and legit after the birth of their daughter.
    zzy's english may have improved, but i haven't really heard her speak fluently. then again, i don't really follow her news, hence i'm surprise that she can command $5million/movie. still, i question how much understanding exists between them. sure, sometimes, people can express themselves in other ways, but i don't know too many "real" relationships that last without the verbal component. and i think i would not like to have an interpreter there for every single moment i share with a lover/boyfriend (but if it's a sugar daddy, i wouldn't care). and no, you don't have to be a millionaire to date a billionaire, but again, given what little i know of zzy, i really question her character. thus, it isn't hard for me to label her as a gold digger. and you can still be rich and be a gold digger.

i wouldn't date a bum on the street for sure, but i would be even less likely to date a bum on the street who looks like he can be my grand papa. zzy's boyfriend is white, and it's generally agreed that whites don't age as well as asians. thus, even if he is 41 and she is in her late 20's, they look generations apart. however, putting the superficial issue aside, i can also say that i find it hard to believe it's love on his part as well. he's known for dating supermodels, stars...zzy could be another number for him. thus, i find it difficult to grasp that it's love. i can be idealistic at times, but other times, i can also be more realistic. and i really don't care about zzy enough to say i wish her the best in life or that i hope it is love for her. (i do care enough to engage in this conversation...it's more fun than watching her act).

also, i still question katie and tom's relationship...it still strikes me as a publicity stunt. nor do i know anyone around me who would define their relationship as sincere. she may not be a gold digger, but i still suspect that she was hoping to boost her career...her acting was never top notch in my opinion nor was her personality outstanding enough to capture my attention, but at least katie holmes and tom cruise understand each other without the aid of a translater.

yes, i've never really liked zzy nor respected her so called acting...but i find her more interesting than katie holmes. and if i'm wrong about the gold digging part then i'm wrong. it was still much fun speculating...but too much work trying to see zzy as being earnest in her relationship with him. =P
    Last edited by patricia n; 03-18-08 at 02:07 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I live out of a suitcase, but the heart is at home on the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    but again, given what little i know of zzy, i really question her character. thus, it isn't hard for me to label her as a gold digger.
    hmmm...it is interesting that when people don't know you personally, they have a clearer conscience to call you names and make loose judgment of your character. I don't know her either, but I'm basing my opinions on her accomplishments. I feel like she is a capable and hard working person, who have and can achieve future goals on her own, without having to rely on a rich man. She has already proven herself of this fact. Anyhow, I think I have said all that I wanted to say about ZZY and her rich boyfriend.

i can also say that i find it hard to believe it's love on his part as well. he's known for dating supermodels, stars...zzy could be another number for him. thus, i find it difficult to grasp that it's love. i can be idealistic at times, but other times, i can also be more realistic.
    If you have a world of beautiful women at the tip of your finger, then it is not surprising that he would fall for only supermodels and movie stars. With his power and status, who in the right mind would expect him to choose a country pumpkin? Though, beautiful people deserve to be loved too, so who is to say that he doesn’t love ZZY or is not capable of loving her?

also, i still question katie and tom's relationship...it still strikes me as a publicity stunt. nor do i know anyone around me who would define their relationship as sincere.
    She strikes me as a very impressionable girl, but not faked. Besides, it is hard to fake something so over the top as their love for this long. I know I couldn't do it.

she may not be a gold digger, but i still suspect that she was hoping to boost her career...her acting was never top notch in my opinion nor was her personality outstanding enough to capture my attention.
    I concur! Never watched one episode of "Dawson Creeks."

Hey, I like your signature. I want to steal it!
    Last edited by bellamia; 03-18-08 at 02:35 AM.

Oh well, I guess since I'm married I didn't have much shot left anyway. Don't wanna hear **any** news about Michelle Yeoh though....just let me dream........

i wonder if ZZY will be my mistress in 20 years when i become the richest man in the world :

ok enough day dreaming for today
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i wonder if ZZY will be my mistress in 20 years when i become the richest man in the world :

ok enough day dreaming for today
    if you become the richest man in the world, heck, i'll be your mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    if you become the richest man in the world, heck, i'll be your mistress.
    my fantasy

my fantasy
    okay....... do you mean.. 'YIPPEEEE! that's my fantasy!' or 'sh!t, you just ruined my fantasy!'.....? which is it? better give me the right answer or else!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    okay....... do you mean.. 'YIPPEEEE! that's my fantasy!' or 'sh!t, you just ruined my fantasy!'.....? which is it? better give me the right answer or else!!!!!!!!!!
    YIPPEEEEEEEE! that's my fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by KChill View Post
    Oh well, I guess since I'm married I didn't have much shot left anyway. Don't wanna hear **any** news about Michelle Yeoh though....just let me dream........
    She's riding some old ugly fat white guy. Any other fantasy you'd like me ruin for you?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

YIPPEEEEEEEE! that's my fantasy!

lol is that a coerced answer?

yo Candide, your avatar is disturbing, man......that poor kitty.....
    Last edited by ghostdarTeal'c; 03-23-08 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    She's riding some old ugly fat white guy. Any other fantasy you'd like me ruin for you?
    This is totally hilarious! I keep laughing whenever I read it.

Candide, you should help to contribute some of those humour of yours for the thread "Just for Laughs"
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?