Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok.. please share your life as Reviewer

My first email had only one line.....your review sucks! And the best part, the "Attacker" did not tell me WHICH REVEIW he/she is referring to. I actually replied the email and asked which one, but the "Attacker" did not respond.

I thought there was a problem with the "Send a message to the Reviewer" which explains why I get such strange emails (maybe it got cut-off or something). But from reading this thread, I guess not.

But it is gratifying to get emails from people telling me that they like my reviews and agrees with my recommendation. Only request.....how's the backlog clearing SPCNET ???? Need more reader gratifications! Ha Ha Ha.

Originally posted by il_mare
    My first email had only one line.....your review sucks! And the best part, the "Attacker" did not tell me WHICH REVEIW he/she is referring to. I actually replied the email and asked which one, but the "Attacker" did not respond.

But it is gratifying to get emails from people telling me that they like my reviews and agrees with my recommendation. Only request.....how's the backlog clearing SPCNET ???? Need more reader gratifications! Ha Ha Ha.
    I think I know what email you're talking about. All non-existent @spcnet.tv domain emails get sent to my catch-all account. So it's actually quite annoying for me when someone writes a message to someone using a fake email account and one that's from our domain!! Which is also why we require all senders to register an account now in order to send a message. If you're going to write something mean to someone, at least have the guts to use a real email address!

The backlog is only growing larger. Though I hope to clear out a lot of reviews soon. Apologies to reviewers whose reviews are taking eons to get updated!

And yes, it's always nice to get compliments from readers, though disagreements are also welcome--as long as they are constructive!
    -SC

What's the name of the sender whenever you get an email from a false address?

So far, thankfully, all the mail I've gotten as a reviewer has been fairly pleasant (probably because I've only written 3 reviews ever), and they're more of the "I agree with you", "where can I buy this", "do you know who played the third monk standing behind the hero on minute 33.45 of CD 17", "how would you compare this show with that show" and "can you send me the themesong", most of which I try to reply to (even if it's just to say "sorry I can't send you the themesong").

I did make the mistake of implying (rather ignorantly) that Phyllis Quek was from China (I had never heard of her, and I thought HSDS was a full China production), and I've gotten no end of emails from well-meaning people correcting my mistake (some even as delayed as 6 months after the review). By and large it's been nice, though, that so many people actually read stuff I write and care enough about what I've written.

i once got a msg that said "you suck as a reviewer" felt really bad abt it. i mean, if they do not like your review, they might as well explain why right? so that you can improve. but simply bashing you...what's the sense? other than that, others are pleasant comments like, 'i like your review', 'keep up the good work', etc. some even talk to me till now.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I've written enough reviews to get emails weekly from fans thinking I'm the main artist... it's very strange. The fans from the Phillippines are especially enthusiastic.

I also get the emails about where to buy the series/movie, where to download the soundtrack, etc.
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

I don't get many emails or messages anymore about the reviews I wrote. Maybe they're too old now and I have to write some new ones but I like it when someone strongly disagrees with my opinion - at least I know the person read it!
    -SC