Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most beautiful woman/heroine in Wuxia Universe

#1 should be Fragrance Princess
    #2 XLN
    #3 Xiao Zhao
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

I would vote for Huang Rong then, she is so playful and cute, so beautiful.

However, there are few of beauties in our real world.
    If I could meet one, either she is Huang Rong or Zhao Min, Xiao Long Nu or Shuang Er, Cheng Ying or Zhuo Zhi Ruo, Lu Wu Shuang or Xiao Zhao.... I would never let that chance go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Ming
    I would vote for Huang Rong then, she is so playful and cute, so beautiful.

However, there are few of beauties in our real world.
    If I could meet one, either she is Huang Rong or Zhao Min, Xiao Long Nu or Shuang Er, Cheng Ying or Zhuo Zhi Ruo, Lu Wu Shuang or Xiao Zhao.... I would never let that chance go away.
    I wonder do you know what love is?

actually I being quite a hypocrite, since I don't know what it is.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 11-21-04 at 11:22 PM.

princess fragrance-b&s
    xln-roch
    xz-hsds
    zzr-hsds

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan

actually I being quite a hypocrite, since I don't know what it is.
    I am not very sure then.
    However love, falling in love, and choice are not the same.

I wrote about it in Yang Guo and the ladies in love with him but nearly no one answed http://spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.p...4&page=2&pp=20
    (nearly wrote Yang Ming and the ladies in love with him )

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    When I see that question, I can't help but think of this poem in JY's ROCH (was the poem written by him or borrowed?).

O mortals, what is love?
    that binds beyond life on earth?
    to all corners, in pair we fly...
    braving summer and winter, by and by...
    union is bliss, parting is woe,
    agony is boundless, for a lovelorn soul,
    sweetheart...give me word,
    trail of clouds drifting forward...
    and mountains capped with snow,
    whither shall my lonesome shadow go?

strange... but no one mentioned chen yuan yuan. she should be right up there with li qiu shui's sister a.k.a the jade goddess sculpture, xiao long nu and princess fragrance.

who is li qiu shui?

Maybe no one mentioned Chen Yuan Yuan cos she was not one of the female leads in Jin Yong's story. She was a sub-character. Otherwise, Ah Ke should be mentioned right? since she is her daughter and supposed to look like her.

If we counting in other sub-characters then we should also mention Dai Qi si. Dai Qi Si was supposed to be even more beautiful than Xiao Zhao since she was pure Persian. Xiao Zhao already mixed so her skin not as fair, nose not as sharp etc.

As for who is most beautiful, I really cannot tell from various storylines. How to compare? haha. I try lah. But I think no one considered anyone from DGSD to beat the trilogy somehow.

For me, I think for the various shows:
    HSDS: Zhao Min. Though Xiao Zhao was beautiful cos she was foreign and had the fair skin etc, she was supposed to be very young so hadn't fully grown into her beauty. ZZR was supposed to be very beautiful but Zhao Min was supposed to top her. She seems to illustrate the various kinds of beauty i.e. handsome, beauty, charming. Let me try to translate the description that Jin yong gave her "Natural beauties from history are either demure and elegant or beautiful and charming. This Miss Zhao, however, out of ten points of beauty, also carries 3 points of handsomeness, 3 points of chivalry and at the same time has a majestic and proper demeanor, causing others to naturally respect and not dare to even give her a direct look."

LOCH:Huang Rong. Who else. No one else in the novel comes close to her.

ROCH: Duh.. Xiao Long Nu.

For completeness sake

DGSD: Wang Yu Yan

Duke of Mount Deer : Ah Ke

xiao Ao Jiang hu: Ren Ying Ying

Snowy Mountain Flying Fox: Miao what's her name. forgot. haha

Book and Sword : Princess Fragrance

Blood Stained with Royal Blood : Ah Jiu (Princess Chang Ping)

anymore series?

So out of these, I think my choice will be:

1. Xiao Long Nu/Princess Fragrance (these 2 supposed to have unearthly beauty)
    2.Huang Rong (she was like a fairy)
    3. Zhao Min (she had many descriptions of beauty)
    I can't rank the rest cos I cannot remember their descriptions anymore. Read the books only once and long time ago. I only keep rereading HSDS and LOCH. Sorry, ROCH just irritates me with all the soppy separation between Yang guo and XLN. Always leaving each other, reunite then separate, then reunite, then poison, then cure, then separate etc etc. fed up.

In Tian Long Ba Bo
    Li Qiu Shui is Tian Shan Dong Lao 's shi mei. They both fell in love with their shi xiong, harmed each other to get that guy's love and ended up knowing he loved Li Qiu Shui's sister.
    Miao Ruo Lan?

When the girls in Jin Yong reach that beautiful level, in my opinion, it's not possible to tell who is the most beautiful. Each girl shines in her own way, from appearance to mind.
    Whether who is the best, it's just our personal decisons that we choose the girl whose beauty best fits our views.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues

Maybe no one mentioned Chen Yuan Yuan cos she was not one of the female leads in Jin Yong's story. She was a sub-character.

my fault. I assumed the poll includes all female Jin Yong characters.

Otherwise, Ah Ke should be mentioned right? since she is her daughter and supposed to look like her.
    Wei Xiaobao said Ah Ke is only half as beautiful as her mum who was then already in her forties.

If we counting in other sub-characters then we should also mention Dai Qi si. Dai Qi Si was supposed to be even more beautiful than Xiao Zhao since she was pure Persian. Xiao Zhao already mixed so her skin not as fair, nose not as sharp etc.
    Dai Qisi is half persian. her dad was originally from zhong yuan. Judging from the title jin yong gave her, the top beauty in the pugilistic world, she should probably be mentioned too.

HSDS: Zhao Min. Though Xiao Zhao was beautiful cos she was foreign and had the fair skin etc, she was supposed to be very young so hadn't fully grown into her beauty. ZZR was supposed to be very beautiful but Zhao Min was supposed to top her. She seems to illustrate the various kinds of beauty i.e. handsome, beauty, charming. Let me try to translate the description that Jin yong gave her "Natural beauties from history are either demure and elegant or beautiful and charming. This Miss Zhao, however, out of ten points of beauty, also carries 3 points of handsomeness, 3 points of chivalry and at the same time has a majestic and proper demeanor, causing others to naturally respect and not dare to even give her a direct look."

subconsciously, I always imagined zhou zhiruo to be the best looking lady among zhang wuji's four admirers despite the fact that the author implied they all possess the same level of beauty but of different nature. This is not because most of the tv adaptations appear to employ prettier actresses to portray zhiruo compared to the other three.

Rather, when reading how 2 quite different men can totally succumb to her looks and become besotted with her, I can't help but give her more brownie points. I mean, if a previously handsome, promising and reputable young man is willing to ruin his life and betray his father and sect for you, while another, the son of a well known general, is willing to wait on you hand and foot, treating u as some kind of goddess, imo, you must be outta this world.

I don't care if a entire army jumped off a cliff for Princess Fragrance , Ren Yingying is still the most beautiful.

Default Who is the most beautiful woman/heroine in Wuxia Universe

Who is the most beautiful woman/heroine in Wuxia Universe?

Each and every wuxia novel has it's own beauty.
    Who do you think the most beautiful?

/If this thread is useless and considered as a spam then dear admins and mods feel free to delete/

In JY, its generally regarded that Princess Fragrance is the most beautiful. However there's competition by XLN, golden flower (yeah hot milf do I hear?), and even Huang Rong (but that's only from a certain wannabe here ).

For GL, no idea. From my limited knowledge, Lin Xin Er is someone everyone (bar one?) wanted (or more likely did) bang in her book.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Banned

XLN from ROCH.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    In JY, its generally regarded that Princess Fragrance is the most beautiful. However there's competition by XLN, golden flower (yeah hot milf do I hear?), and even Huang Rong (but that's only from a certain wannabe here ).
    hmmm, it seems that i'm going to have to get involved in this permanent debate once again.
    come on Xiao Long Nv fan, if anyone of you can use what Jin Yong wrote in the NOVELs to prove that XLN > HR, I promise to feast you guy a hearty meal.
    as for the Purple Gowned Dragon King, well, in Jin Yong's words, she was even not beautiful enough to rival Zhao Min.
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

i know one but she wasnt the wuxia heroine or the main.... saisi or xixi, one of the four legendary beauties of all time, or at least in jy's universe, she was mentioned in his shortest work, the yueh maiden

onto the topic however, i go for XLN, described as beautiful as a fairy - tell me, who can compete with such immortality?

(
    hmmm, it seems that i'm going to have to get involved in this permanent debate once again.
    come on Xiao Long Nv fan, if anyone of you can use what Jin Yong wrote in the NOVELs to prove that XLN > HR, I promise to feast you guy a hearty meal.
    as for the Purple Gowned Dragon King, well, in Jin Yong's words, she was even not beautiful enough to rival Zhao Min.)

Well, I'm not very hungry =p but, from the way I see it HR was a exceptional beauty on par with the other ones in the novel(CY,GF,LMC) ect. XLN was a notch above "normal" IMO.

It's kind of an impression you get from reading what others thought in the novel, of course this is not stated direcly in the novel. But, ill try to put together some (weak =p) evidence from my point of view.

Using GSZ as a reference..he found HR and GF to be equally beautiful. And from his thoughts he put LMC and HR on par with one another. When he was attacked by LMC and HR he thought they were both very beautiful and there was no indication that HR's beauty far exceeded LMC. So at least in GSZ's eyes HR=LMC=GF, and even if there was a difference it would be slight.

Later on when he fought XLN, he found XLN's beauty mesmerizing and thought that LMC could not be compared to the likes of XLN in terms of beauty. Which also implies that XLN> HR>=GF......which is really the best proof I have if you exclude JY's list. =p

Regarding your quotes(on your sig) I had reponded to them in the past with the exception of the newly added first line 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。

.....and IIRC the first quote on your signature is refering to HLB, who was stated to be < than her master in terms of beauty by the narrator(despite being younger) and this was also reaffirmed by LMC(who was thinking to herself). So it is not very surprising that YG found her beautiful, but not comparable to the likes of HR(who was at least on par with LMC) or XLN.
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-02-07 at 12:31 AM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Rong
    as for the Purple Gowned Dragon King, well, in Jin Yong's words, she was even not beautiful enough to rival Zhao Min.
    Haha, baited you. Btw can you give me the quote where the hottie mother was less than Zhao Min? I always thought the golden granny () was better than her daughter, who was better than all her rivals.

Anyways, HR>XLN in everything bar martial arts and beauty. No evidence no quotes, just the way it is.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

so how about my second and third quotes?
    using Gongsun Zhi's opinion is not fair because never saw HR when she was 16 - 20.
    notice that in ROCH, HR was ~ 40 years old and in LOCH, she was also described as beautiful as a goddess.
    ironically, in Xiao Ao Jiang Hu, Yi Lin had a goddess-like looks as well.
    (evidences are available but not at the moment since my computer are being infected seriously by spywares and viruses..., within the next 12 hours, i'll post the evidences)
    Yang Guo & Zhou Botong said in Chapters 6, 11 & 25 of ROCH:
    - 这道姑也算得美了,只是还不及桃花岛郭伯母,更加不及我姑姑。
    - 原来郭伯母竟是这般美貌,小时候我却不觉得。
    - 龙姑娘,我瞧你品貌才智,和那小黄蓉不相上下,武功也跟她差不离。

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Using GSZ as a reference..he found HR and GF to be equally beautiful. And from his thoughts he put LMC and HR on par with one another. When he was attacked by LMC and HR he thought they were both very beautiful and there was no indication that HR's beauty far exceeded LMC. So at least in GSZ's eyes HR=LMC=GF, and even if there was a difference it would be slight.
    LOL HR at 40+ can match her 18-year-old daughter, so logically she'd whip everybody's asses should her beauty at 18 is taken into comparison....

i cant wait to see your evidences, Huang Rong