Thread: Rewatching Journey to the West

Default Rewatching Journey to the West

I am now going to rewatch both series of Journey to the West for unknown reasons. All in Vietnamese! I have finished episode 1 and too.... I miss the old days

MONKEY d(^.^)b
    Watching:
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1452/honghaiervv0.png'), '')

which version Journey to the West you're watching? I'm think Journey to the West 1986? It's the BEST version ever. Where you watch it? It's in youtube? I'm starting want to watch too. Missed the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by tru0001
    I am now going to rewatch both series of Journey to the West for unknown reasons. All in Vietnamese! I have finished episode 1 and too.... I miss the old days

MONKEY d(^.^)b
    Really? Im watching mine in Cantonese, the ones with TVB people... Its on now on another chinese channel... Its good
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

MONKEY d(^.^)b

so wat's ur point? r u going to open a thread for w/e series u r going to watch?

Well its a thread for Dickey and Benny's JTTW with Kong Wah. I'm just discussing about it and the episodes because my memory is iffy lately
    Watching:
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1452/honghaiervv0.png'), '')

Well its a thread for Dickey and Benny's JTTW with Kong Wah. I'm just discussing about it and the episodes because my memory is iffy lately
    oh, i was wondering which version you were talking about (well, i guess since it's on tvb, it was probably just about the tvb ones though i would like to shamelessly advertise that the mainland chinese one is worth watching). i haven't watched the dicky version in a long time. I recall it was good though
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

if you like Dicky as Son Wukong, you should definitely watch The Monkey King: Quest for the Sutra, it's on Youtube and Veoh...I like it better than Journey to the West...I like Son Wukong better in that series, he's a more compassionate and friendly person, plus the cast/cameos are great...you get Nicholas Tse and Jimmy Lin and Andy Hui...Twins Gillian Chung and Charlene Choi (who is dicky's love interest and they're cute together)...
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

i personally loved jttw with dicky in it. benny chan did a good job in the sequel to keep me interested. i have not seen the china version so cant really say much about it. as for the quest for the sutra, it wasnt my type of show though i finished the series anyhow.
    imo the only good fight was between dicky and jimmy, the rest was very corny especially the last battle. a strong cast yes, but at the time most of them being singers lacked the experience that good actors have.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Wayne Lai (the pig) and Evergreen Mak (Sar Jan) played their role very well too. In the sequel with Benny as the Monkey, I don't like the story about the "bad" monkey played by Derik Kwok....too lenghty.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

ya wayne and evergreen played their roles to perfection, quest for the sutra has no comparison to this version unless you are a die hard fan of some of the pop stars in it.
    问世间,情是何物,直教生死相许?
    Lim Yo Hwan FIGHTING!

Quest For The Sutra is the worst adaptation of JTTW out of the three. Even if JTTW1 & 2 weren't loyal to the novel, they were still a LOT better than QFTS. I don't know why I think QFTS is inferior...the story just seems so crappy in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Quest For The Sutra is the worst adaptation of JTTW out of the three. Even if JTTW1 & 2 weren't loyal to the novel, they were still a LOT better than QFTS. I don't know why I think QFTS is inferior...the story just seems so crappy in comparison.

Quest For The Sutra suxked so bad. bunch of hot girls. monkey king falling in love?? WTH

im rewatching the 1970 something cartoon sereis journey west. here check it out.

I wished Dicky Chueng was in part 2....
    Dicky was the best to be Monkey King. He was supposed to do on part 2. TVB should remake it and bring all cast.