Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jiumo "bronze-slicing, 72 arts-performing" Zhi

6 21.43%
  • Murong "ultimate LDA, killing proud fighters at age 14" Bo

0 0%
  • Xiao "launch LDA from 130+ feet away, whose arm exerts 3000+ pounds" Feng

20 71.43%
  • Xiao "use nameless kung fu to defeat 20+ elite first class fighters" Yuanshan

2 7.14%

Thread: Favorite DGSD Elite

Default Favorite DGSD Elite

Alright kids, we tend to discuss the Greats to death. Now let's shift the attention onto the Greats of another novel who tend to generate less talk. Which is your most favorite/obssessed/fanatic/worshipping DGSD Elite?
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    Alright kids, we tend to discuss the Greats to death. Now let's shift the attention onto the Greats of another novel who tend to generate less talk.
    That might have been true at one point, but now I dispute that. There's been a fairly heavy DGSD emphasis in this forum's discussions in recent months, especially since I started rewatching DGSD '81 back in early January.

Ken, just look at the # of topics on the first page related to the Greats. Let me list them one by one:

Reverend Yideng (Duan Zhixing)
    Who is your favourite original Great?
    Zhang San Feng
    The Death of Gwok Jing - a horde of soldiers, or a team of elite fighters?
    Did Yeung Gor have trouble getting along with Little Dragon Girl *at first*?
    Eastern Heretic: Really the Eastern Grouch?
    Yang Guo and Luke Skywalker similarites
    QQR Iron Palms

That's a whopping 8 topics out of some 30 topics dedicated to these 10 or so Trilogy folks!

And how many out of roughly 30 are didicated to the Elites?
    That's right, NONE. Except this one.

Ken, just look at the # of topics on the first page related to the Greats. Let me list them one by one:

Reverend Yideng (Duan Zhixing)
    Who is your favourite original Great?
    Zhang San Feng
    The Death of Gwok Jing - a horde of soldiers, or a team of elite fighters?
    Did Yeung Gor have trouble getting along with Little Dragon Girl *at first*?
    Eastern Heretic: Really the Eastern Grouch?
    Yang Guo and Luke Skywalker similarites
    QQR Iron Palms
    Yeah, but did you stop to consider that three of those threads had been dormant for months, and would not have reemerged had sarakoth not taken an interest in reviving them within a half hour's time earlier today? "QQR Iron Palms" has been floating on the forum's front page for about a week, and the "Reverend Yideng" thread was a contribution that you made just an hour or two ago.

What about all the DGSD topics that I and others have on the second and third pages? Those were first-page topics just a few days ago.

You also need to factor in that LOCH and ROCH are two novels with a continuing cast as opposed to DGSD's single novel, and HSDS also features the same characters (indirectly) to some extent.

Your topics were not Elites-specific. They're about DGSD in general. I was talking about topics ONLY DEDICATED TO THE 4 ELITES compared to topics only dedicated to the Greats.

By the way, I don't believe I said that we discussed the Greats to death. Was it you who injected those words into my post?

I only looked at the first page for some convenient numbers. I don't have time to go through over 50 pages of statistics, but I'm pretty sure the overall numbers would favor my point that Greats have received more dedicated topics than the Elites all along.

Did you stop to consider why people may have resurrected old topics pertaining to the Greats? Because they're interested in the Greats, that's why. This only further proves my point that Greats get more attention than the Elites.

I'm just trying to generate more discussion around the 4 DGSD Elites. Not the entire novel, just those 4 Elite Greats.

There can only be one.

By the way, I don't believe I said that we discussed the Greats to death. Was it you who injected those words into my post?
    No.

# 1. I don't do that members' posts unless there's obscenity.

# 2. There's no timestamp indicating a modification, which means there wasn't one.

So you did have the phrase "to death," but you weren't conscious of it when you wrote it.

It's unfortunate indeed that the Elites get nowhere near as much talk as the Greats. I'm probably one of those few who prefer the Elites over the Greats. Tbh I don't really like the Greats that much except for Guo Jing. Maybe it's due to the fact that I prefer DGSD over the Condor Trilogy. Btw PJ, I thought you liked Xiao Feng the most, yet here you voted for Jiumozhi.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 09-22-10 at 09:41 AM.