Thread: English subtitles for kdramas?

Default English subtitles for kdramas?

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just post it here... please bear with me...

I'm in love with watching K dramas at the moment so I'm looking to stock up on some from Yesasia. But I need it with english subs and since I can't afford the US release/ can't get them in the UK, I'm left with 'Malaysia' version.....

So my question is.... how good are the english subtitles? I'm only asking cos I got one percent of anything (china version) that was advertised to have eng subs but they were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ridiculously bad that I binned the DVDs and watched a blurry and pixelated version online!!

I'm looking to buy Sorry, I love you and What star are you from to start with. Any info/ advice on general quality of subtitles on these or others would be greatly appreciated.

Again... sorry if this is in the wrong place to post this thread.....

Default web for subtitles

You can get a whole bunch of them by going to d-addicts web page. I'm not sure if we are allowed to spread the news on SPCNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Moleitau
    I'm not sure where to post this so I'll just post it here... please bear with me...

I'm in love with watching K dramas at the moment so I'm looking to stock up on some from Yesasia. But I need it with english subs and since I can't afford the US release/ can't get them in the UK, I'm left with 'Malaysia' version.....

So my question is.... how good are the english subtitles? I'm only asking cos I got one percent of anything (china version) that was advertised to have eng subs but they were sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ridiculously bad that I binned the DVDs and watched a blurry and pixelated version online!!

I'm looking to buy Sorry, I love you and What star are you from to start with. Any info/ advice on general quality of subtitles on these or others would be greatly appreciated.

Again... sorry if this is in the wrong place to post this thread.....
    When you buy a k-drama on DVD, never buy the China version with the option of chinese/korean audio and chinese/english subtitles, almost always the eng sub will be crap quality.

So buy the one that only has korean language audio and the ENG sub on/off option.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    When you buy a k-drama on DVD, never buy the China version with the option of chinese/korean audio and chinese/english subtitles, almost always the eng sub will be crap quality.

So buy the one that only has korean language audio and the ENG sub on/off option.
    I know exactly what you mean. I purchased a couple of DVD sets with China version, and some of them are just a pain to watch. The subtile was just totally wrong, make no sense at all.