Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One piece discussions thread

Default One piece discussions thread

Any one piece fans here?

I was kinda late getng into one piece, mainly because the huge huge ammount of chapters that has already been written, but over the last weekend, i basically read the whole 10 years worth of 450 chapters...... and i was hooked, it was fun, and it still have some sense of innocence and even freshness after so many chapters, unlike something like DB or Naruto.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

One Piece is now my favorite anime/manga. The art style took some getting used to but now, I can't imagine it any other way. The characters, storyline, and the world of One Piece are all so well-developed. I also like the blend of action, comedy, and drama that the mangaka uses.

Naruto is getting annoying because of his stupid repetitive nature. "I'm gonna be Hokage!", "I'm gonna protect my friends." Don't get me wrong, Luffy also has his repetitive streak ("I'm gonna be Pirate King!", "I'm gonna kick his ***.") but at least he doesn't repeat it EVERY 10 minutes.

You finished 450 chapters in one weekend?!? Dang man. I had all the chapters for GTO too but that took me a few weeks to finish. Did you stay up 48 hours or something?
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

I am a fan of One Piece. I don't wana read the manga but I like watching the anime series. Unlike Naruto, after 200 episodes I'm still hooked to it.

My favorite char is Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT

You finished 450 chapters in one weekend?!? Dang man. I had all the chapters for GTO too but that took me a few weeks to finish. Did you stay up 48 hours or something?
    More like spread over 4 days, of about 7-8 hours each day. - Bad for my health/social life.

The other thing that i like about One Piece is that each arc is much longer, and not confined to stupid things like a mission etc like Naruto.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs

My favorite char is Luffy.
    I'm also an abid one piece fan, my fav is zorro and his quest to be the greatest swordsman!

I just recently started reading the One Piece manga and am currently on Ch. 17.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Latest event (chapter 485), the group currently fighting the Shichibukai - Kuma

my top 3 arc:

1) Alabasta
    2) CP9
    3) Skypeia

Just when I was about to revive this thread, sarakoth beat me to it.

I have a little theory about Kuma.

click to show/hide spoilers
    It is revealed in Ch. 485 that Kuma also have machine parts. When Zoro accused him about being a cyborg, his reply was something along the line of.. "I'm similiar to a cyborg but not really."

A cyborg is a human with machine parts. I'm thinking that Kuma is full machine.. he's a robot. We've seen objects "eat" devil fruit before. (i.e. Mr. 4's dog and Funk Freed). I'm thinking that the Marines built a robot, had Dr. Vegapunk inject a devil fruit into it, and program an AI so that it will follow the World Government's orders. But the devil fruit caused Kuma to develop his own personality, which is why he could compromise his order to eliminate everyone on Thriller Bark.

I doubt we'll see Kuma anytime soon and it'll probably be a while until my theory is proven true or false. But it's fun to think that way.
    Last edited by CrazyT; 01-24-08 at 05:40 PM.

I have to get back to this series, slow releases of subs has made my interest die out.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    I have to get back to this series, slow releases of subs has made my interest die out.
    do you mean Kaizoku Fansubs, yes there are so late but the best, however other groups are doing it and still follow the release weeks and the subs/quality is acceptable.

- Instantz (INP) - 339 (2nd eps of thriller bark with Brook the skeleton)
    - Vegapunk (VG) - 332
    - AnimeSoftSubs - 338
    - Kaizoku Fansubs (KF) - 234

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyT View Post
    Just when I was about to revive this thread, sarakoth beat me to it.

I have a little theory about Kuma.

It is revealed in Ch. 485 that Kuma also have machine parts. When Zoro accused him about being a cyborg, his reply was something along the line of.. "I'm similiar to a cyborg but not really."

A cyborg is a human with machine parts. I'm thinking that Kuma is full machine.. he's a robot. We've seen objects "eat" devil fruit before. (i.e. Mr. 4's dog and Funk Freed). I'm thinking that the Marines built a robot, had Dr. Vegapunk inject a devil fruit into it, and program an AI so that it will follow the World Government's orders. But the devil fruit caused Kuma to develop his own personality, which is why he could compromise his order to eliminate everyone on Thriller Bark.

I doubt we'll see Kuma anytime soon and it'll probably be a while until my theory is proven true or false. But it's fun to think that way.
    Kuma is a Schichibukai, so he was previously a pirate, so I'm sure he is not created by the world goverment.
    Just wonder what happen exactly to Kuma pirates that convert him into WG dogs, with his ability he is invincible, maybe can even defeat Aokiji.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    do you mean Kaizoku Fansubs, yes there are so late but the best, however other groups are doing it and still follow the release weeks and the subs/quality is acceptable.

- Instantz (INP) - 339 (2nd eps of thriller bark with Brook the skeleton)
    - Vegapunk (VG) - 332
    - AnimeSoftSubs - 338
    - Kaizoku Fansubs (KF) - 234
    I didn't know others had subbed this one up to 300+.

They probably didn't start from the beginning. I really like KF's work, its very well done.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs View Post
    I didn't know others had subbed this one up to 300+.

They probably didn't start from the beginning. I really like KF's work, its very well done.

hehe, if you can stand the wait, then its ok . I just download whatever out on the scene, better than nothing

Anyone reading about the latest arc in One Piece?

I'm really excited about the new changes, and think that One Piece will move in a different gear from this arc onwards.

We got:
    1) The Supernovas
    2) Ray, The old pirate king's right hand man
    3) Capture of Ace, and potential war with whitebeard

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

I'm always following One Piece. It's still my favorite manga of all time.

The plot have been really moving forward. Every single chapter, I can't wait for the next installment. And it seems like Oda is introducing a new element into the manga. Kinda like nen to HxH.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

One Kuma is already hot to handle, now we have more? At least the supernova is super powerful while Kizaru is just too hot to handle and look even more powerful than Aokiji

What I can't understand how a cyborg created by marine scientist (vegapunk) can become a pirate. Because currently Kuma is one of the sichibukai and shichibukai is actually a former pirate. This means that Kuma is a marine cyborg gone wild, became a pirate, gaining an AI and became a priest, repent, return to master (vegapunk) and became a schibukai. That is the only logical explanation

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208 View Post
    One Kuma is already hot to handle, now we have more? At least the supernova is super powerful while Kizaru is just too hot to handle and look even more powerful than Aokiji

What I can't understand how a cyborg created by marine scientist (vegapunk) can become a pirate. Because currently Kuma is one of the sichibukai and shichibukai is actually a former pirate. This means that Kuma is a marine cyborg gone wild, became a pirate, gaining an AI and became a priest, repent, return to master (vegapunk) and became a schibukai. That is the only logical explanation
    Or the real Kuma just agreed to have his body cloned.

Btw, Aokiji is meant to be the strongest of the Marine admirals?

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Troll Control

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Btw, Aokiji is meant to be the strongest of the Marine admirals?

Han Solo
    All these Logia users are ridiculously hyperbolically overpowered . . . .

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sarakoth View Post
    All these Logia users are ridiculously hyperbolically overpowered . . . .
    two super-powered logia users already defeated by luffy (crocodile/enel), well he is the main protagonist, so he should win.

but I can't imagine how luffy can defeat aokiji or blackbeard