Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Slam-dunker around

Default Best Slam-dunker around

Who do you think is the best slam-dunker in the NBA? I think Nate Robinson (New York Knicks) is actually quite good. I watched the 2006 and 2007 Slam Dunk Contests and he did great in both of them. He won first place in 2006 and 2nd in 2007. What do you think?

lol...how many time does it took nate to make tat dunk? if u talking about the best dunker....then have the players dunk during a game when ppl are guarding the players....

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    lol...how many time does it took nate to make tat dunk? if u talking about the best dunker....then have the players dunk during a game when ppl are guarding the players....
    Well...trying makes perfect? But he could seriously do some awesome things.

The best dunkers for me would be Kobe, Tracy, Vince and LeBron. It really depends on your own preference I think. Do you like the power dunkers like King James or do you appreciate the high flying dunks of Bryant.

Some of the other dunkers that have made an impression on me following these four are Josh Smith, Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace and Baron Davis.

jason richardson is a joke, he does that same dunk over and over again where he bounces it and jump for it and dunk, sure its good, but thats all he can do. nate... too many tries. josh smith = no creativity, but hes not bad. baron davis does... layups? never seen gerald wallace dunk. tracy is good, but not great. lebron is a great dunker w/ power, but doesnt hav his own "signature" dunk, and his dunks are not that special. kobe use to dunk a lot, now his only dunk is that reverse dunk he does under the hoop. vince is the best dunker here imo. he dunked over a 7 ft tall french guy, did an under the leg dunk, sticked his arm inside the basket dunk, etc etc.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    jason richardson is a joke, he does that same dunk over and over again where he bounces it and jump for it and dunk, sure its good, but thats all he can do. nate... too many tries. josh smith = no creativity, but hes not bad. baron davis does... layups? never seen gerald wallace dunk. tracy is good, but not great. lebron is a great dunker w/ power, but doesnt hav his own "signature" dunk, and his dunks are not that special. kobe use to dunk a lot, now his only dunk is that reverse dunk he does under the hoop. vince is the best dunker here imo. he dunked over a 7 ft tall french guy, did an under the leg dunk, sticked his arm inside the basket dunk, etc etc.
    Very interesting to call a two-time slam dunk champion a joke. Well, everyone has their own tastes. Personally I like this dunk from him the most.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0dlkS60gp7c

Creativity is tough to come by these days when everyone's seen everything.

Baron Davis is just a personal preference for myself. Being a short pudgy guy at 6'3 for NBA standards, he can fly like Steve Francis. He's also been in the NBA slam dunk competition.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mbiOjDJXsec

Gerald Wallace is another former contestant that lost to Richardson in 2002.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zbsTNsZ2j4k

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    Very interesting to call a two-time slam dunk champion a joke. Well, everyone has their own tastes. Personally I like this dunk from him the most.
    Speaking of the dunk contest, who do you guys think was the best dunker to compete in any Dunk contest yet never won. Oh wait, besides Julius Erving of course. I think Shawn Kemp had to be up there.

James White!!! he actually got the called from NBDL..but not much burn in NBA. Jason Richardson is also sick as hell. Vince in his prime was the greatest dunker in NBA history IMO. He had it all power, speed almost always head/eye level to the rim very creative, almost always hit his dunks on the first attempt . Gerald Green is also a much better dunker then what he showed in the dunk conestest.

I used to be impressed by Bron because of the air he could get, but his dunks all seem pretty much the same and I'm kind of bored of his dunks now.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

(Speaking of the dunk contest, who do you guys think was the best dunker to compete in any Dunk contest yet never won. Oh wait, besides Julius Erving of course. I think Shawn Kemp had to be up there.)

Definetly Kemp, that guy had mad power. How about terrance stansbury?. Doctor J did win one, but it was in the ABA =p. Also drexler was in it a bunch of times, but never one it, although his dunks never really impressed me. Pipen was jipped when he joined. He had one of the best FT-Line dunks, because his foot was not even on the line, and they screwed him for points. I also loved Darvin Ham in his single appearance, IMO he prob would have won if not for the terrible judging. Kobe was very lucky that contest and pretty much won it with one dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Speaking of the dunk contest, who do you guys think was the best dunker to compete in any Dunk contest yet never won. Oh wait, besides Julius Erving of course. I think Shawn Kemp had to be up there.
    Kemp is a great choice. I'd love to see McGrady go in one without having to deal with his cousin. And I agree with Dugu, Gerald Green is a much better dunker than what most think.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Vince in his prime was the greatest dunker in NBA history IMO. He had it all power, speed almost always head/eye level to the rim very creative, almost always hit his dunks on the first attempt .
    Carter for sure is the best dunker in NBA Slam Dunk competition, he made them all on the first try I think and there was a variety of dunks.

How about terrance stansbury?. Doctor J did win one, but it was in the ABA =p. Also drexler was in it a bunch of times, but never one it, although his dunks never really impressed me. Pipen was jipped when he joined. He had one of the best FT-Line dunks, because his foot was not even on the line, and they screwed him for points.
    Stansbury, from what I remember, the guy from Seattle?

Yes, when I saw that I was like, my goodness, that was more legit free throw line dunk than Jordan was.
    Last edited by Felix; 04-06-07 at 10:23 PM.

So the top 6 dunkers would be Kemp, Pippen, McGrady, which other three would be able to join this lineup? Larry Johnson? Dwight Howard?

Carter for sure is the best dunker in NBA Slam Dunk competition, he made them all on the first try I think and there was a variety of dunks.
    i agree

So the top 6 dunkers would be Kemp, Pippen, McGrady, which other three would be able to join this lineup? Larry Johnson? Dwight Howard?
    ive never seen pippen dunk, so i cant judge him. kemp is definitely good, especially for a center. mc grady is ok, didnt really like his dunks, the only dunk i liked was his backboard dunk. dwight howard didnt seem that good, his sticker was definitely an instant classic tho lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i agree

ive never seen pippen dunk, so i cant judge him. kemp is definitely good, especially for a center. mc grady is ok, didnt really like his dunks, the only dunk i liked was his backboard dunk. dwight howard didnt seem that good, his sticker was definitely an instant classic tho lol.
    For the record, 6-10 Kemp was never a center in the NBA, or so I don't think. If he was, it must have been he was putting on much more weight and playing in Cleveland.

Sadly, instead of being known for one of the most exciting dunkers ever, he is now a joke each time someone is mentioned having multiple kids with different partner, similar to Evander Holyfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Well...trying makes perfect? But he could seriously do some awesome things.
    not in a game.........

Re:Felix

(For the record, 6-10 Kemp was never a center in the NBA, or so I don't think. If he was, it must have been he was putting on much more weight and playing in Cleveland.)

No, I think you are right. IIRC sam perkins was playing centre when payton and kemp were running the show in seattle.

Almost forgot about Tmac!!! He proboally would have won it any other year. Anyways my favorite Tmac dunk contest dunk, off the ground 360 double pump(down to the knees =P). Francis was damn good that year as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdu70Z0ILw

Anyways back to Vince...my fav vince dunk minus the lipton on weis. His dunks in the olympics were insane in general...but this one at his charity game is just ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFJbY0Iu3U
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-07-07 at 03:31 PM.

Re:Felix

(For the record, 6-10 Kemp was never a center in the NBA, or so I don't think. If he was, it must have been he was putting on much more weight and playing in Cleveland.)

No, I think you are right. IIRC sam perkins was playing centre when payton and kemp were running the show in seattle.

Almost forgot about Tmac!!! He proboally would have won it any other year. Anyways my favorite Tmac dunk contest dunk, off the ground 360 double pump(down to the knees =P). Francis was damn good that year as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdu70Z0ILw

Anyways back to Vince...my fav vince dunk minus the lipton on weis. His dunks in the olympics were insane in general...but this one at his charity game is just ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFJbY0Iu3U
    have u seen vince carter dunk over that 7 foot french guy? that was crazy

Re Lunar

Yep crazy dunk, that was the dunk I was refering to in the last post, IE "the lipton on weis".

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    The best dunkers for me would be Kobe, Tracy, Vince and LeBron. It really depends on your own preference I think. Do you like the power dunkers like King James or do you appreciate the high flying dunks of Bryant.

Some of the other dunkers that have made an impression on me following these four are Josh Smith, Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace and Baron Davis.
    Lebron's not that great of a dunker. He can get the air time but he's not creative in his finishes. He's more of a power dunker like the centres in the NBA.