Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by luv_shi shi View Post
    Oh I heard that Lin Geng Xin might star as Li Shi Min. I kinda wonder whether his Li Shi Min is as hot as Peter's one. LOL.
    Is Li Shi Min a character in Tian Zhi Hen?

WXB and the wives....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2ps0j0m.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    TZH Booting Ceremony (May 15, 2011)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2j43rx2.jpg')
    Looks like Karen didn't want this picture exposed(but already too late ) yet. Shortly after being posted by Uncle Yanfei and the Hengdian Entertainment weibos, the picture was taken down...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 02:26 PM.

Looks like Karen didn't want this pictured exposed(but already too late ) yet. Shortly after being posted by uncle Yunfei and the Hengdian Entertainment weibos, the picture was taken down...
    I think Uncle Yanfei posts a lot of pictures without her permission
    Notice she never "zhuan fa" his pics (i.e. post his pics on her blog).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-15-11 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I think Uncle Yanfei posts a lot of pictures without her permission
    Notice she never "zhuan fa" his pics (i.e. post his pics on her blog).
    Oh I know! And many people LOVE him for posting the beautiful BTS pictures. If anything, she should be happy he's advertising and hyping up her series (yes, even Tian Ya ).

Quote Originally Posted by ailinon View Post
    Hate to say this, but for all of his extremely gorgeous and manly looks, I find his entire public persona to be that of an overgrown adolescent. And he does make the audience laugh when he tries to be comedic--too bad it's at him and not with him...
    Despite that I'm not very fond of HXM's acting (IMO, he's terrible as Yang Guo and WXB), but he's one of the actor I hope LSS will pair up with in the future

So... most likely LSS will be Tuoba Yu'er. Another interesting role that she should try It's good for her acting career to try in varied types of characters ^^
    Isn't Tuoba Yu'er's character like Yan San Niang? I'm not complaining, but me like
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 06:45 AM.

Despite that I'm not very fond of HXM's acting (IMO, he's terrible as Yang Guo and WXB), but he's one of the actor I hope LSS will pair up with in the future
    Oh man, you have to watch New Shanghai Bund. In that series, you'd become a fan of HXM's acting. He's 100000X better in brooding, mature roles. Yes, he's hunky, but in a mature way. I think his Xu Wen Qiang actually surpassed Chow Yuen Fatt's, something I thought can never happen. HXM as YG and WXB was a no-no as he has zero comic timing whatsoever. I would have much preferred Hu Ge as YG as the pre-16 years naughty, playful, funny YG which is crucial to the appeal of the character and development of the story's essence - boy becoming man. Hu Ge is in his element when acting playful & comedic - he's on the opposite end of the spectrum from HXM. Unfortunately Hu Ge is starting to look kinda mature, so not sure how much longer he can do young & playful

I didn't watch CP1 from beginning to end, so I can't be a real judge of HG & LYF's onscreen coupling. But there were certain initial scenes which struck me about them, mainly in the first few episodes - the part when he accidentally spied upon her bathing and she whacking him. Those scenes had this element of winsome youth and carefree-ness which made me a Xiao Yao-Ling'Er shipper. Similarly, in LOCH08, I liked YK-MNC up to one-third of the story - when they were travelling around as Song peasants and having fun in the streets. They had this carefree exuberance of youths in love which was so enchanting. After that, it was downhill all the way and the MNC for the rest of the story became the type of female character we dislike (sorry to say).

It's that flush of youthful first love that is so beautiful to watch on screen (to me, at least) even though it's probably unrealistic in real life. Hence I shipped HG-LYF in those initial 3 episodes of CP1 bcos Ling'Er was his first love. That's why in GXYZM, although I understand the story, I can't help feeling that SN, with her feisty-ness and youthful energy, ought to be with someone who exudes that same element of carefree youth. LGX-SN didn't have that breathtaking charm of youthful first love for me (sorry, just my opinion). I might ship her pairing with Wallace if he were to play a feisty young man the same age and have her as his first love.

For Xuanyuan Jian - are HG and LSS' characters going to be paired up and of the same age or so? Maybe I'd give them a chance

That winsome youth is what I'm going to miss most about the original Tangren 3 as they grow up and mature. LSS' fresh injection of youthful energy into MNC was what drew me to her despite the bad script (Sharon Yeung Pan Pan and Shui Ling lacked that element of youth). LSS still looks young, but she's starting to exude a mature adult independence, different from her schoolgirl-like laughter in that "beef jerky" BTS LOCH vid with YH. I guess little girls have to grow up
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-15-11 at 10:49 AM.

Profile:
    - Yuwen Two: born in 589 A.D.; age: around 26-28; height: 1m84
    - Tuoba Yu'er: born in 600 A.D.; age: 17; height: 1m67
    - Chen Jingchou: born in 601 A.D.; age: 16; height: 1m65

Source: blaike.baidu
    Trans: LovingGe4ever @ KST

So Chen Jingchou is indeed younger than Tuoba Yu'Er

Is Li Shi Min a character in Tian Zhi Hen?
    I haven't played the game, so I honestly don't know. But considering the time setting, I think it's reasonable to also include Li Shi Min, who was born in 599 A.D.

Isn't Tuoba Yu'er's character like Yan San Niang? I'm not complaining, but me like
    I guess so, I'm not complanining as long as Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi become a couple in this series But the hope is small though b/c in the game, Tuoba Yu'Er loves Chen Jingchou. However, Tangren has made Yuwen Two to be the main male lead; I think they would also change tremendously other things also *praying*
    Last edited by luv_shi shi; 05-15-11 at 10:50 AM.

xiaolong, I saw the trailer for the New Shanghai Bund and immediately HXM caught my attention(at the time, I didn't know who he was). But I haven't given the series a chance yet, for a really dumb reason such as that I don't really like Sun Li. I'm weird like that...LOL. I don't usually watch series if I don't like the actress, no matter who the actors are (oh, mind you...I didn't know who LSS was at this point either ). Maybe if I saw him in New Shanghai Bund before seeing him in LOCH06 and DOMB I would have had a different impression, but those two series just stuck in my head and unfortunately I cannot shake it...hehehe

About the first young love thing, I think it's a matter of preference. To me, I find the "love at first sight" and "puppy love" love stories to be boring and not as intriguing as the couples that have to go through obstacles to realized they're in love. That's why I found Hu Ge/LYF's in CP1, YH/LSS's in LOCH, and LGX/Ruyi's in Strange Hero all to be boring. So I've said this before...the love story of 4th and RuoXi would probably be my ultimate love story. But xiaolong, didn't you also like 4th/Ruoxi's love also?

Unfortunately Hu Ge is starting to look kinda mature, so not sure how much longer he can do young & playful
    I'm glad he's growing up...hehehe. To be honest, I don't like him that comical(actually I found it annoying) and prefer him to be in a more serious and mature role.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 11:39 AM.

But xiaolong, didn't you also like 4th/Ruoxi's love story also?
    Well, I've been shipping LongShi because I'm very attracted to 4th Prince's character and Nicky's on-screen charisma LOL. But to be honest, I keep re-watching scenes of Ruoxi slapping Huang Di/Ma Tianyu and for some strange reason, I might ship Ruoxi with Huang Di rather than 4th Prince's modern day character when they go back to modern time in the end. I'm so weird like that.

For first young love, I'm not referring to the lovey dovey parts, but that burst of youthful energy and exuberance. Didn't find that youth energy in LGX-Ruyi though - they were more like marry, settle down, have kids. I agree that's rather boring.

Maybe ultimately I just prefer same age same peer couples. I know I've declared myself a LongShi shipper, but I can't help thinking of Huang Di/Ma Tianyu
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-15-11 at 12:49 PM.

[B]
    I guess so, I'm not complanining as long as Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi become a couple in this series But the hope is small though b/c in the game, Tuoba Yu'Er loves Chen Jingchou. However, Tangren has made Yuwen Two to be the main male lead; I think they would also change tremendously other things also *praying*
    Yes...yes, your wish may come true I can't imagine not having the first female lead and the first male lead not be a couple in any series. Tangren probably will have Tuoba Yu'Er love Chen Jingchou at the beginning, but her true love will be Yuwen. Yuwen will probably be her enemy at first, and after so many fights and arguments...they got to know each other, Yu'Er realize he's not that bad a of person, she falls for him.....Ta'da!...hehehehe

But to be honest, I keep re-watching scenes of her slapping Huang Di/Ma Tianyu and for some strange reason, I might ship Ruoxi with Huang Di rather than 4th Prince's modern day character when they go back to modern time in the end. I'm so weird like that.
    See? We all have our weird ways don't we?..LOL
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 11:48 AM.

I've been watching parts of Xin Yi Jian Mei/New Twig of Plum (highly recommended!). As mentioned, I'd ship Wallace-LSS if he were to play a OTP (= "one true love") the same age as her (sorry, I thought LGX was made to look too much older than SN). I'd LOVE to see them in a min guo drama one day, as IMO Wallace looks his best and youngest in min guo attire.

LSS has been in ancient dramas aplenty, one modern movie and a drama with a little bit of modern (BBJX), but min guo is one era she should try one day.

But not sure when we can ever see that given Tangren's penchant for casting LSS mainly in ancient dramas

I think LSS would look beautiful in those post-Revolution female Mandarin-collar attires with their two pigtails Or for a more sophisticated look, a 1930s Shanghai qi pao.

I went back to pull out one previous LSS-in-qipao pic - is this real?

This picture look so real
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i47.tinypic.com/jsotc1.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-15-11 at 01:13 PM.

Profile:
    - Yuwen Two: born in 589 A.D.; age: around 26-28; height: 1m84
    - Tuoba Yu'er: born in 600 A.D.; age: 17; height: 1m67
    - Chen Jingchou: born in 601 A.D.; age: 16; height: 1m65

So Chen Jingchou is indeed younger than Tuoba Yu'Er
    Not just younger, but Yu'Er is taller then him too!

But not sure when we can ever see that given Tangren's penchant for casting LSS mainly in ancient dramas
    Well, you know me..LOL. I prefer ancient series over modern, so I'm always okay with it. And after seeing how plain and washed-out they made her look in "The Next Magic", even drove me further away from her in modern movies/series....

I went back to pull out one previous LSS-in-qipao pic - is this real?
    Nope, that's just great photo-shopping!

For first young love, I'm not referring to the lovey dovey parts, but that burst of youthful energy and exuberance
    For me, I prefer the matured and understanding love of an adult, with obstacles that is

Cuteeeeeeeeeeee...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/125gx7r.jpg')

There are speculations that Guo Xiaoting may be Snow? Which could make sense. She(18) and Jiang Jinful(19) are roughly the same age and they would be the second leads. I think the story will focus more on Hu Ge and LSS's characters as the first leads anyways. Would be an opportunity for Karen to mold Guo Xiaoting to be a star right?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 02:35 PM.

For me, I prefer the matured and understanding love of an adult, with obstacles that is

There are speculations that Guo Xiaoting may be Snow? Which could make sense. She(18) and Jiang Jinful(19) are roughly the same age and they would be the second leads. I think the story will focus more on Hu Ge and LSS's characters as the first leads anyways. Would be an opportunity for Karen to mold Guo Xiaoting to be a star right?
    Then how come there are those pics of a YM lookalike auditioning for the role of Snow? I think it makes more sense for Guo Xiaoting to be XiaoXue. I don't think her character in BBJX will have enough romance (and I really think it's about time YH suffers from unrequited love in any series! - from what I hear, he'll successfully pinch Tang Yan from Raymond Lam ). So yeah, great to give Guo Xiaoting some lovey dovey romantic scenes with a hot actor, hopefully with a kiss or two . And with a lead character with lots of scenes, not a bit character like Zheng Kai's Mongolian prince in BBJX.

Lin Gengxin doesn't look slated to be a romantic lead. He's like acting in granny adult roles and he's only 22! Such a waste of youth.

I still think LSS looks and feels youthful enough to be spritely and exuberant (she's still early 20s right?) After all, she's young only once. I will like the mature adult love when she's a mature actress in her 30s a la Shui Ling, Gao Yuan Yuan etc

OK...guess it's just me, not wanting the young girl with that child-like girly laughter in the beef jerky LOCH BTS vid to grow up too early too fast.

My guess is that they will change the storyline to pair up HG and LSS' characters, although I still think LSS would look good with that Jiang Jingfu guy as she does look as young as him (you can see I haven't had enough of the young LSS ). Tuoba Yu'Er is suppose to be 17 right?
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-15-11 at 04:39 PM.

Then how come there are those pics of a YM lookalike auditioning for the role of Snow? I think it makes more sense for Guo Xiaoting to be XiaoXue.
    I don't know about the auditions, just saw the thread at baidu posting pictures of the candidates for Snow. Guo Xiaoting was at the booting dinner, so she's probably also in the series, thus the speculation of her being Snow.

OK...guess it's just me, not wanting the young girl with that child-like girly laughter in the beef jerky LOCH BTS vid to grow up too early too fast
    LSS is very mature for her age, though I enjoyed all that child-like in her that comes out during the BTS

Up to date I have not found any of her series(for me) in the romance department to be satisfying though I enjoyed her bickering with LGX and TAE :P

xiaolong, I don't know if you've ever come across reading in Karen's weibo about her trying to find another novel to adapt? Aside from two movies, that's pretty much it for Tangren's project right? If LSS doesn't get hired to do series outside of Tangren, we won't be seeing much of her in series for awhile

This is transferred from YH's thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    How come he has prettier hands than all the girls LOL.
    He has bigger eyes and prettier hands than his little dongseang LSS.
    OMG! I thought I was the only one that noticed how beautiful his hands were! The very first time I noticed was when YK and Mu Nianci was about to fight at their first meeting and he was motioning for her to start the fight with his hands and I was like....dang, he have prettier hands than I do! LOL....And ever since then, I kept on looking at his hands in pictures and BTS videos. He have hands of a woman, compared to the boney hands of LSS
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 03:34 PM.

Oh man, you have to watch New Shanghai Bund. In that series, you'd become a fan of HXM's acting. He's 100000X better in brooding, mature roles. Yes, he's hunky, but in a mature way. I think his Xu Wen Qiang actually surpassed Chow Yuen Fatt's, something I thought can never happen.

I didn't watch CP1 from beginning to end, so I can't be a real judge of HG & LYF's onscreen coupling. But there were certain initial scenes which struck me about them, mainly in the first few episodes - the part when he accidentally spied upon her bathing and she whacking him. Those scenes had this element of winsome youth and carefree-ness which made me a Xiao Yao-Ling'Er shipper.

It's that flush of youthful first love that is so beautiful to watch on screen (to me, at least) even though it's probably unrealistic in real life. Hence I shipped HG-LYF in those initial 3 episodes of CP1 bcos Ling'Er was his first love.
    i agree with xiaolong, xiao xiao. you really ought to give new shanghai bun a chance! that series made me fall completely in love with HXM he needs to do another one of those brooding roles - it really suits him well (which is why i really liked him as the 16 years older/more mature yang guo, as opposed to the young rash one that he couldn't really pull off. lol)
    and i also agree on the HG-LYF thing. the thing with me is, that i like to root for relationships that continue all the way through a series, with the couple from the beginning making it all the way to the end. i can only think of the chinese phrase to describe it: 自始至终, from beginning to end. which is why no matter what, i hated the relationship b/w rue yu and xiao yao, and only rooted for ling'er, no matter how many people thought she was annoying. lol. stuff like that annoys me.

Something naughty occurred to me again (think I've mentioned this before )

Since Tang Yan has already hot kissed both YH & HG, it's about time LSS has the honour!

OK, I'd root for her pairing with HG just to see her kiss him...I'm weird, I know.

I was glancing through the very first series HG & YH did eons ago, Dandelion. Sun Li (not the annoying one in New Shanghai Tang but LSS' predecessor in Tangren) kissed the both of them!! HG played a guy who was first married to the Sun Li's long-lost sister, then had car crash and amnesia, got treated by a doctor (Sun Li) and fell for her without knowing that he's already married to her sis. YH played an undergrad who develops a crush on an older woman (Sun Li). Terribly clichéd K-drama type of story, but was a tad more interesting than I expected.

Here's the Asianfanatics thread on Dandelion if interested - plenty of HG-Sun Li kiss screencaps: http://asianfanatics.net/forum/topic...26%2333521%3B/

xiaolong, I don't know if you've ever come across reading in Karen's weibo about her trying to find another novel to adapt? Aside from two movies, that's pretty much it for Tangren's project right? If LSS doesn't get hired to do series outside of Tangren, we won't be seeing much of her in series for awhile
    I'm very sure she does get offers outside of Tangren. It depends on whether they can fit into her Tangren schedule which is keeping her busy enough. Even Yu Zheng recently fangirled her during an interview, but of course, she's off limits to him.

OMG! I thought I was the only one that noticed how beautiful his hands were! The very first time I noticed was when YK and Mu Nianci was about to fight at their first meeting and he was motioning for her to start the fight with his hands and I was like....dang, he have prettier hands than I do! LOL....And ever since then, I kept on looking at his hands in pictures and BTS videos. He have hands of a woman, compared to the boney hands of LSS
    You definitely aren't the only one. There's been Baidu threads devoted to his hands. Recent example as follows: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1077102496
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-15-11 at 04:39 PM.

I'm very sure she does get offers outside of Tangren. Even Yu Zheng recently fangirled her during an interview, but of course, she's off limits to him.
    Really? What did he say about her? Too bad she's off limit to him. Though I don't really like him, but I admit he's made many actors/actress famous. I think LSS could use that exposure too, however, I don't really want LSS to be that famous because it's a nasty world out there, and the person that could protect her right now is Karen...hehehe. Okay, so I can't really make up my mind what I want...

If she does get offer for other roles outside of Tangren (not Yu Zheng's) in a series, I wonder why Karen have not let her loose yet? Well, LSS was in non-Tangren "White Snake", but I thought that role was terrible...

Since Tang Yan has already hot kissed both YH & HG, it's about time LSS has the honour!
    Tang Yan also got to kiss Wallace too!! LOL...but Tang Yan is not in the same position as LSS though. LSS practically grew up in the same company(household) as YH and HG. Kissing YH was bearable, but kissing HG? That would be even more awkward! LOL....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 04:45 PM.

Tang Yan also got to kiss Wallace too!! .
    I read that they had a kiss, but didn't really see it as I fast-forwarded through too much of CP3, LOL.

You mean after Xuanyuan Jian, they don't have any other TV series in the works? I'm sure LSS will be in their upcoming movies - Zhuge Liang and Three Lives, right? Filming movies does take up time.

I'm going to write to Karen and suggest she does a min guo TV drama and let LSS have a chance to wear some lovely cheongsams. Xin Yi Jian Mei/New Twig of Plum is my current C-drama addiction now. And in min guo attire, guaranteed that Wallace will look her age! I'd ship them when he's young-looking, clean-shaven and with short boy boy hair

Will dig up that Yu Zheng interview...he actually said good things about LSS.

Remember this video? Unless Karen have more series up her sleeves that have not been announced yet, TZH should be the last project. I could see LSS shooting the movie "Three Lives", but not Zhuge Liang if that's tailored to Hu Ge. Don't imagine Karen will have Hu Ge and LSS pair up in the movie again, would she?

I read that they had a kiss, but didn't really see it as I fast-forwarded through too much of CP3, LOL
    Not just a kiss, I didn't see all the kisses, but I've read Tang Yan has passionate kisses with Wallace like three times!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i agree with xiaolong, xiao xiao. you really ought to give new shanghai bun a chance! that series made me fall completely in love with HXM
    I like HXM's character (I loved Chow Yun Fat in that role). I'll go watch HXM's part and fast forward the rest. See if I can change my mind and erase the image of him in ROCH/DOMD...hehehe
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-15-11 at 05:09 PM.

LSS is doing quite well right now. She might not have the insane popularity that Yu Zheng could offer, but she's also safe and sound with Karen right now. For example: Yang Mi. She's quite independent and her agency doesn't really shield her, but she's gotten loads of nasty rumors and anti-fans she's had to deal with, and granted, she handles them well. Liu Shi Shi's still too delicate for the ultimate load of stardom from what I see. I hope to see her work her way up though.
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

ok. even though it hilarious that there is a baidu tieba thread on YH's hands i have to admit, now that i've seen the pictures, his hands ARE quite nice and i tend to have a weakness for guys with large, nice hands. (for example: peter his hands are really big, which i LOVE and they're so nice and beautiful! )