Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Hey, she looks very fresh & airy here!

If she can look so lovely here, how come they make her look so plain Jane in Next Miracle?

I actually liked the initial pics of Next Miracle - she had that stubborn face that Ailinon liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Video: COOCO Commerical
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjY4NTY0MzU2.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/65cfa928jw1dhe0h2g46pg.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/65cfa928jw1dhe0nbbastg.gif')

I'll upload it to youtube later

^^I know! Didn't like her picture in The Next Magic at all...but then again, I think her character will be a "vase" and the producer probably got her because the character is similiar to her princess Jiayi in CTW....

Oh xiaolong, I think Karen said that the poster and clips will be out June 9th for the online game?

Oooh! I can't wait to see Lu Ding Ji. That WXB-Sophia gun play got me all soooo giggly, despite me being a rabid WXB-Kangxi OTP shipper

Yeah, fancy calling her "Jia Yi" in the Next Miracle. So lame & CORNY! Makes me not want to watch it plus the guys don't look hot. I think it's for Taiwan release only, so my eyes are safe from it.

Dragon, you're right this is not LSS. Anybody know who this is? These were taken by Uncle Yanfei(Tangren's photographer) so I think this is a Tangren project? Hu Ge and Karen posted this(not same one) picture on their weibos few days ago...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/24lq80n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/v5fr4h.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-20-11 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yeah, fancy calling her "Jia Yi" in the Next Miracle. So lame & CORNY! Makes me not want to watch it plus the guys don't look hot. I think it's for Taiwan release only, so my eyes are safe from it.
    LOL the guys are definitely NOT hot. guess i'm skipping that one then

She looks so lovely in that COOCO commercial! It actually reminds me a little bit of the Miss Dior "Cherie" commercial with Maryna Linchuk.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Busy...busy...busy...this may be the reason why they said it would take 6 months to film TZH, the two leads busy doing other things...lol

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2n66ct5.jpg')

This morning in China...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/10cvjg7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/16gwm6a.jpg')
    ^Two tux for the same brand event Hu Ge? He dressed better here than his Shangri-la press conference...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-21-11 at 12:06 AM.

I don't think commercials take that long to film, e.g. DOMD game ad was wrapped up like in 2 weeks or less?

Thanks luv_shi_shi for digging up that vid of YSN's moves. Let's see how Ruoxi turns out and if we can love her enough to start a maertairuoxi YouTube identity. LOL.

Apologies if I dig up some old news (hey, what to do if they are keeping silent on BBJX and refuse to release any news on TZH). I have an American gweilo friend who recently watched through my Young Warriors DVD and named the final Yang women battle scene as his absolute favourite fight scene of all the dramas he had ever seen, even palming big budget ZJZ, Ang Lee, Tsui Hark or Jingle Ma fight scenes. I went to clip it and put it on my YouTube:

In comparison, the "women fight back" scenes in the much hyped final battle of ROCH06 was unconvincing and had no bona fide power despite all its flares. C'mon, how can XLN be unarmoured in that pristine white furry hood & long flowy dress to battle a whole battalion? And a woman needs to GRUNT like Lady Blacksmith to fight .

And it kinda struck me that LSS must have dearly wanted to play Lady Blacksmith's role when Tangren was doing the casting calls (and this has nothing to do with being the OTP of her BFF). Lady Blacksmith's spitfire expression and fast-talking mouth were amazing (too bad the actress is only average-looking and lacks the look of a star) plus I liked it that the guys chased her hard, she couldn't care less about them and she (the girl) wavers about who she likes (that's lovely!). I would love to see LSS in this type of role (yeah, grunting when she fights), hopefully in TZH?
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-21-11 at 12:12 PM.

And it kinda struck me that LSS must have dearly wanted to play Lady Blacksmith's role when Tangren was doing the casting calls (and this has nothing to do with being the OTP of her BFF). Lady Blacksmith's spitfire expression and fast-talking mouth were amazing (too bad the actress is only average-looking and lacks the look of a star) plus I liked it that the guys chased her hard, she couldn't care less about them and she (the girl) wavers about who she likes (that's lovely!). I would love to see LSS in this type of role (yeah, grunting when she fights), hopefully in TZH?
    i actually liked the girl who played the blacksmith. in relation to the character, i think she was supposed to look relatively plain and unassuming - i mean, she's a blacksmith. but its her personality that really caught both guy's eyes, and i really liked that about her. besides, the actress was pretty enough, imo. she was actually one of my favorite girls, besides 7th's wife.

^^thanks for uploading the clip xiaolong. I agree with you on the assessment of the 5th's wife appearance. While she's pretty enough for a woman just walking down the street, she doesn't have the look of a star. I'm sure it was her personality that attracted both men since I believe even YH's character remarked on the cuteness of her feisty character. 7th's wife was very pretty, but my favorite girl was Princess Chai.

I actually think that the actress who was casted as the blacksmith suffers from a similar trait that Shi Shi [and myself...-__-] does..that is, sometimes in pics and on the screen, they can waver between looking exceptionally cute to just downright plain.
    I like me.

Sorry to get a little off topic, but you users seem to be very knowledgable people, so I'll ask.
    If I was to invest in a series to buy, which would be best?
    -Chinese Paladin 3
    -LOCH 2008
    -HSDS 2009
    -LOCH 2003
    -ROCH 2006

3 of them have LSS appearing
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Quote Originally Posted by snowyjasmine View Post
    Sorry to get a little off topic, but you users seem to be very knowledgable people, so I'll ask.
    -Chinese Paladin 3
    -LOCH 2008
    -HSDS 2009
    -LOCH 2003
    -ROCH 2006

Well, I'm going to be strictly strictly objective here

Among the series you have listed, I'd say LOCH2003, although I fangirl the cast in CP3 & LOCH2008. IMO LOCH2003 has the most well written script and gorgeous scenery (although I didn't care for the casting; even beautiful A-listers like Shui Ling and Zhou Xun weren't at their best here). It really depends on your taste - some people think Zhou Xun was the best ever Huang Rong, but personally I think Ariel Lin's performance palmed hers. Based on script and story alone, LOCH2003 was near perfect. I couldn't find any flaws in it.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-21-11 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snowyjasmine View Post
    -Chinese Paladin 3
    -LOCH 2008
    -HSDS 2009
    -LOCH 2003
    -ROCH 2006

Interestingly enough, I happen to own most of them except for the first one and last one. I'm in agreement with my buddy xiaolong that Ariel Lin was fantastic as Huang Rong. Though I did thoroughly enjoy LOCH 2003 version, I just couldn't *love* the cast. Now that I think about it, my cousin took my LOCH 2008 version and never returned it...well she never returns anything and I'm considering disowning her...but I digress. LOCH 2008 also had it's own charm...but I just couldn't go along with the changes to Yang Kang's character.

I don't think you should by HSDS 2009. It was decent, but not special.

Chinese Paladin 3, IMHO, had a childish storyline..that is, it appeals to a certain age bracket that I unfortunately don't belong to.

What to say..what to say...none of the series were perfect, but there are not perfect series, I guess. Just buy the one with that actor or actress that you happen to support haha.
    I like me.

Well, I'm going to be strictly strictly objective here

Among the series you have listed, I'd say LOCH2003, although I fangirl the actors/actresses in CP3 & LOCH2008. IMO LOCH2003 has the most well written script and gorgeous scenery (although I didn't care for the casting; even beautiful A-listers like Shui Ling and Zhou Xun weren't at their best here). It really depends on your taste - some people think Zhou Xun was the best ever Huang Rong, but personally I think Ariel Lin's performance palmed hers. Based on script and story alone, LOCH2003 was near perfect. I couldn't find any flaws in it.
    Thanks both of you! I've actually seen all the series I've listed besides HSDS 2009. And I loved LOCH 2003 AND LOCH 2008 for different reasons.
    I liked the overall feel of LOCH 03 and deem it fantastic overall. LOCH 08 had more modern young actors and actresses to fangirl. I loved the characters of 08 but absolutely hated the script. Ariel and Zhou Xun brought two different types of charm to HR and I appreciate both.
    So the overall verdict is LOCH 03 was the best written series?
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

^I agree with that verdict.

I definitely agree with xialong about the script and scenery, though I'll add soundtrack and choreography to that.
    If it's going to be Ariel vs. ZX based on HR performance, it's ZX for me. I found Ariel's HR to be, dare I say, stupid? I think ZX totally captured the essence of the character and was absolutely adorable. Her acting was also amazing, as it is in pretty much every role she's ever done.
    I know there's a lot of hate for the YK they casted, but I actually found him rather endearing and I cried when died. It's all about personal taste, though.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

I'm with you guys--it's LOCH03 hands down! Individually I also thought HG was the perfect GJ and Ariel was the perfect HR (much more so than LYP and ZX in the 03 version), but together, LYP+ZX's chemistry completely blew HG+Ariel away (which was weird because they had so much chemistry together in TWFX). Meanwhile, the 08 YK+MNC characters were completely butchered. I think I nearly cheered when YK finally got killed off (and I absolutely love YH, so that is quite a feat in itself). The 03 YK was, again, not nearly as handsome and charming as YH but I actually sympathized and felt bad for the character. The way 08 MNC was written, she came off as so weak and wishy-washy.

Yeah, I'm still bitter that a series that seemed to have so much promise and a great cast totally didn't live up to my expectations. I kinda wish I could switch a lot of the 08 actors into the 03 storyline/script, then it would be my perfect LOCH. XD (And of the others...ROCH was just horrible, CP3 was ok but nothing special. I only watched bits and pieces of HSDS09, but although the scenery etc was spectacular, it seemed to lack the charm of the much lower-budget 03 version, so I didn't bother sitting through another ZJZ production after the ROCH disaster.) Overall though, LOCH03 was pretty close to flawless. I wouldn't even be complaining about the cast (they certainly all did a good enough job) if I didn't see the 08 one.

As a rabid Jin Yong fan, definitely LOCH2003 beats all the rest (and IMO it was ZJZ at his pinnacle best), even beating (slightly) the 1982 TVB classic for me. And to beat a TVB classic is a real feat! I've devoted numerous posts in countless forums slamming the mind-fart YK-MNC in LOCH2008. And this is one couple I actually look out for most in any LOCH adaptation. Raw chemistry combined with a youthful charm reminiscent of Franco Zeffirelli's 1968 Romeo & Juliet movie - yes, our beloved YH & his dongsaeng LSS had it endearingly so (sorry to those who are unfamiliar, dongsaeng means younger female sibling in K-drama speak). This "qi zhi" is what I fangirl of them. Hence it was just a pain to have to see these babes act out a script by a birdsh*t-brained producer (i.e. Karen Cai!) and writers high on some kind of mind-altering drug. And then comes the ^&*$$^% shameless CtW personally prepared, scripted & produced by Miss Cai for 3 years? (goes to show how pea-sized her creativity is) - that's it! I'm outta here (only good thing that came out of that crap is that it made YH finally dump TR).

I'm a bit biased for ROCH2006 as it provided continuity to the awesome LOCH2003, and I actually think LYF was the best XLN in terms of looks, even with her limited acting which wasn't too much of a problem given XLN's emotionless character. HXM was the biggest eyesore of ROCH2006, and compared to what most people think, I continued to hate his guts even in his hyped up post-16 years mature YG. The final battle of ROCH2006 was an extreme disappointment despite its obvious big-budget choreography and effects. WTF cutting out the contribution of The Greats??!! ZJZ you hairy ape, what are you thinking?!!! That final battle just became an inflated ego trip for YG and it's also the one scene that made me an absolute XLN-hater for life (re: her obvious ego-basking when GX praised her beauty - WTF gals! Why are you bimbotic'ly comparing your wares in the middle of the all important Xiangyang battle!!). But nevertheless, I'd recommend you buy LOCH2003 concurrently with ROCH2006 for the continuity. The mystic feel of LOCH2003 is still there, though somewhat diminished.

HSDS2009 was a let-down in terms of directorial pacing, which is a crying shame as Deng Chao and Ady An were solid actors. It's this sinking feeling of ZJZ running out of steam. Gorgeous scenery, agreed. But this drama had no heart, no passion. And after the awesomeness of LOCH2003? *kick* *kick* *kick*

CP3? Made me hate Yang Mi. It took Wang Zhao Jun to redeem her for me. Plus LSS was just a vase. In any case, I'd really want to see LSS and Yang Mi in the same series again, although the possibility is near-zero.
    Last edited by munianci; 05-22-11 at 09:29 PM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

I feel like what CP3, ROCH06, and HSDS09 were all missing was "heart". For some reason I just never got attached to any of the characters, and without that, it doesn't really matter how spectacular everything else about the series was. Who cares about the rest if I can't bring myself to care about what happens to the characters in the story? LOCH08 at least had a few touching scenes here and there (although most of it was pretty forgettable...however I did love a lot of the beginning of YK's journey, with the brotherly GJ/YK scenes and the stuff with his parents). I don't know what happened to Tangren--they used to produce series that had that quality. e.g. LiaoZhai, even with the super cheesy CGI, was a joy to watch. Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang, still one of my top favourite series. TWFX, kind of silly and too idol-drama-ish (usually not really my cup of tea) but HG & Ariel had fantastic chemistry there. I really miss that...the recent TR stuff I watched comes nowhere close (though I haven't had a chance to catch CtW or GXYZM yet).

But LOCH03...I was completely invested in all the characters, I wanted them to succeed and find happiness. ROCH06--I don't know, it felt like such a sharp drop in quality after ZJZ's LOCH. No doubt HXM and LYF are the most gorgeous actors to play YG and XLN. Add the breathtaking scenery and cinematography and it was truly a feast for the eyes. But that's all it was--too superficial. The actual content was empty. There was zero chemistry between HXM & LYF (something that is absolutely crucial since that was the focus of like 90% of the series). Seems like a lot of producers now are so focused on getting everything to look good and spending a fortune on authentic jewellery + costumes, they end up neglecting what makes a drama really great.

LSS for Bai Tong....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2ccvthz.jpg')

请相信诗诗的演技,性感神马的不在话下啊!//@神马自由的mistletoe:性感?囧囧的吃货驾驭得了咩? [偷笑] //@鹿鼎记online:@刘诗诗 俄国女皇的造型和清装很不一样的,期待露出性感一面的她有没有 [心] 哎呀,反正不管怎么样,都是大美女啦!!! [嘻嘻] //@蔡艺侬:等各种片段、海报!期待6月9日!

@鹿鼎记online:【娱乐八卦】 #刘诗诗#坦言称扮演俄国女皇压力很大,称这是对她的一个挑战。那这一次她和胡歌会给我们带来怎样的惊喜呢 ?大家一起期待吧!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/30lnibo.jpg')

Supposingly LSS was to be sexy. I wonder if this is what they considered "sexy"? ..lol
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/rat5d2.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/ng6ivc.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-22-11 at 09:44 PM.

LOL! i love that wallace/HG manip. it's pretty good!