Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    The LOCH days! The days of glourious appearances! Do you have a video for that?
    Unfortunately, I have not come across this video

Check this out.....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/ok79tf.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2mchzqr.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/33arxa9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2zejgi8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2wphv2a.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2624arp.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/20qccw3.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/4r4y77.jpg')

That's from her as Yellow Robe Lady from HSDS right? They did a fantastic job of adjusting the colouring! (It does make her dress look identical to LYF's from ROCH though. )

Her makeup/styling/costume in there was just perfect--I think it's the best she looked! Too bad it was such little screen-time though. Her dance background definitely makes her martial arts moves very graceful and elegant. (Similar to LYF in that respect.)

I just found something super interesting. What do you guys think of another version of Painted Skin (Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Liu Yi Fei)?

Liu Shi Shi as Xiaowei
    Liu Yi Fei as Peirong
    Hu Ge as Wang Sheng

I prefer LSS as Peirong, but it would be interesting to see her in an antagonist's role
    Last edited by luv_shi shi; 05-26-11 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Nope...haven't come across it at all...fanfics are not as popular with Chinese actors/actress nowaday as it used to be
    That's too bad. Someone should write a fanfic in which LSS plays a totally different type of role than the ones she's usually cast in (demure, goody goody roles). Make her evil.

Quote Originally Posted by luv_shi shi View Post
    I just found something super interesting. What do you guys think of another version of Painted Skin (Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Liu Yi Fei)?

Liu Shi Shi as Xiaowei
    Liu Yi Fei as Peirong
    Hu Ge as Wang Sheng
    I prefer LSS as Peirong, but it would be interesting to see her in an antagonist's role
    I actually kind of like the idea of LSS playing an evil, seductive demoness. It's a change of pace. However, I haven't seen her play such a role before. Do you think she can handle such a character at this stage in her acting?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, I know you all were looking forward to LSS romantically paired with HG. But don't you think it's kind of predictable? I mean, it's like "usual suspect"?
    I am probably the only one here who doesn't really care to see LSS pair up with Hu Ge. I want her to pair up with someone other than Hu Ge, Yuan Hong (even though I love their Mu Nianci and Yang Kang collaboration), and Wallace Huo. It would be to LSS's benefit to have a variety of onscreen partners, as one can usually gain more experience and learn through different actors. Plus, it'll be a fresh perspective for the audience. So yes, I agree with you, xiaolong. I think a Hu Ge-LSS pairing is too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    awww mel!! we miss you too ! you should stop by more, because you know that I don't mind your gushing about wallace
    i should probably stop by wallace's thread to visit you then, huh?
    Really? You don't mind me gushing about Wallace Chung? Thanks, ChineseChik525. Yes, please do stop by Wallace Chung's thread to visit me. It would be like the old times, where we can giggle over hot men.

I am probably the only one here who doesn't really care to see LSS pair up with Hu Ge. I want her to pair up with someone other than Hu Ge, Yuan Hong (even though I love their Mu Nianci and Yang Kang collaboration), and Wallace Huo. It would be to LSS's benefit to have a variety of onscreen partners, as one can usually gain more experience and learn through different actors. Plus, it'll be a fresh perspective for the audience.
    Hey! You back off! That's all my list of guys for her to pair up with at least once!! LOL...yep..yep..yep, Karen have been good to me...LOL. Nowww....who shall I hope for next...hmmmm... Probably want me to say Wallace Chung huh???? Forget it, I'm not gonna give you that satisfaction... Oh you know I luv u.....hehehe. Hm...come to think about it, LSS and Wallace Chung almost did get to pair up, but Wallace Chung had to focus on his singing career and turned down the role of 4th princes, so Nicky cut in line. I bet you would have been more interested in that series if it was Wallace huh? lol...Although, I'll be honest, I would prefer your Wallace over Nicky for that role.

That's from her as Yellow Robe Lady from HSDS right?
    Yep, that's from HSDS. Good manipulation huh? She went to shoot that scene right after she finished filming CP3 at Mt. Wudang(I think) in the freezing cold and wearing that thin costume.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-27-11 at 10:31 AM.

@DCZHAO
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/24xndd5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2dh8f81.jpg')
    ^^This whole photo shoot must be all-fantasy style....I like it...hehehe

Karen stated we'll have to wait til June 9th to see this goofball (WXB)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/el1h0l.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 05-27-11 at 10:43 AM.

Hey! You back off! That's all my list of guys for her to pair up with at least once!! LOL...yep..yep..yep, Karen have been good to me...LOL. Nowww....who shall I hope for next...hmmmm... Probably want me to say Wallace Chung huh???? Forget it, I'm not gonna give you that satisfaction... Oh you know I luv u.....hehehe. Hm...come to think about it, LSS and Wallace Chung almost did get to pair up, but Wallace Chung had to focus on his singing career and turned down the role of 4th princes, so Nicky cut in line. I bet you would have been more interested in that series if it was Wallace huh? lol...Although, I'll be honest, I would prefer your Wallace over Nicky for that role.
    It's quite fun to yank your hair and get you all riled up. I am not fond of the Qing Dynasty costume and hairstyle, so I'm not that upset that Wallace Chung turned down the role of 4th prince. But if given a choice, I also prefer Wallace Chung over Nicky Wu. I think Wallace looks quite dashing in Qing costume, despite the less-than-desirable hairstyle. I think Nicky has a great body, but he's not exactly hot, in my opinion. Let's just say that I am superficial. An actor can have a hot body, but he also needs a handsome face to catch my attention. I'm just too superficial. Anyway, it's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of other girls find Nicky Wu handsome. If Wallace Chung were in Bu Bu Jing Qin, then I would definitely watch it. But I still may watch it for Kevin Cheng, who is pretty hot, too!

Regarding a Wallace Chung-LSS collaboration, I'm not too sure about that ever happening... Sure, I think they would look cute together. But he doesn't seem to film dramas based on computer games. If she is to costar with him, then she will have to do more serious dramas to end up in the same series with him. Like I mentioned before, I kind of wish she was in his new drama, Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao. I think his female costar in that drama is very young and new, also. Therefore, LSS should have had no problem landing the female costar role. But too bad she's tied to Tangren.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    It's quite fun to yank your hair and get you all riled up. I am not fond of the Qing Dynasty costume and hairstyle, so I'm not that upset that Wallace Chung turned down the role of 4th prince. But if given a choice, I also prefer Wallace Chung over Nicky Wu. I think Wallace looks quite dashing in Qing costume, despite the less-than-desirable hairstyle. I think Nicky has a great body, but he's not exactly hot, in my opinion. Let's just say that I am superficial. An actor can have a hot body, but he also needs a handsome face to catch my attention. I'm just too superficial. Anyway, it's just my opinion. I'm sure a lot of other girls find Nicky Wu handsome. If Wallace Chung were in Bu Bu Jing Qin, then I would definitely watch it. But I still may watch it for Kevin Cheng, who is pretty hot, too!

Regarding a Wallace Chung-LSS collaboration, I'm not too sure about that ever happening... Sure, I think they would look cute together. But he doesn't seem to film dramas based on computer games. If she is to costar with him, then she will have to do more serious dramas to end up in the same series with him. Like I mentioned before, I kind of wish she was in his new drama, Tian Ya Ming Yue Dao. I think his female costar in that drama is very young and new, also. Therefore, LSS should have had no problem landing the female costar role. But too bad she's tied to Tangren.
    OMG...I thought Wallace Chung was absolutely gorgeous in Duke of Mt. Deer as Kang Xi...the best Mt Deer's Kang Xi ever! I didn't mind his baldness at all...his aura was just amazing in that drama. If he was cast as Yong Zheng in Bu Bu Jing Xin, that would be absolute eye candy!! Darn...wish he accepted the role!

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    OMG...I thought Wallace Chung was absolutely gorgeous in Duke of Mt. Deer as Kang Xi...the best Mt Deer's Kang Xi ever! I didn't mind his baldness at all...his aura was just amazing in that drama. If he was cast as Yong Zheng in Bu Bu Jing Xin, that would be absolute eye candy!! Darn...wish he accepted the role!
    I haven't seen him in Duke of Mount Deer, but I have seen him in Qing costume in Kang Xi Mi Shi, and he looked quite dashing despite the hairstyle. I thought he was the best looking guy in that drama. I've seen clips of Wallace in Duke of Mount Deer, and I dare to say that I think he's the best looking Kang Xi in all versions of Duke of Mount Deer so far, even beating out Andy Lau. (Please don't stone me, Andy Lau fans! ) But who's looking at his bald head, when I can stare at his bare chest? I don't want to post Wallace Chung pictures here in LSS's thread out of respect for LSS' fans, but if you want, you can mosey on along to Wallace Chung's thread to look at the bare-chested pictures I posted. By the way, it's nice chatting with you again, JoleCole. It has been a long while since chatting in the Too Late To Say I Love You thread.

Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-16-12 at 01:42 AM. Reason: wrong information
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    according to http://baike.baidu.com/view/3275708.htm
    liu shi shi is starring in a new drama entitled Xian Yu Qing Xia Zhuan, with Ariel Lin and Hu Ge.
    looking at the information, i hope this is true
    This info should be about Tian Zhi Hen and the news is either old or incorrect. Zhang Han was speculated to be taking part in the new Tangren series, but he's not.

Although, I'll be honest, I would prefer your Wallace over Nicky for that role.
    I'm not a Wallace Chung fan, but I admit he'd make a better Yongzheng anytime than Nicky. My dream pairing for LSS would be another chance with Peter since her acting has improved tremendously. I still think I'd ship her with Kevin rather than Nicky in BBJX. Don't you think Nicky looks mousily small everywhere? I don't care about how buff his chest is - he just has wierdo proportions. Overly big on top and small waist down. Peter's so much more proportionate. With all those 4th-Ruoxi bed scenes, I'd rather see Peter-LSS in such scenes (look how SEXY Peter's hands are) despite my aversion towards Qing male hairdos.
    Last edited by munianci; 05-28-11 at 10:23 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    I'm not a Wallace Chung fan, but I admit he'd make a better Yongzheng anytime than Nicky. My dream pairing for LSS would be another chance with Peter since her acting has improved tremendously. I still think I'd ship her with Kevin rather than Nicky in BBJX. Don't you think Nicky looks mousily small everywhere? I don't care about how buff his chest is - he just has wierdo proportions. Overly big on top and small waist down. Peter's so much more proportionate. With all those 4th-Ruoxi bed scenes, I'd rather see Peter-LSS in such scenes (look how SEXY Peter's hands are) despite my aversion towards Qing male hairdos.
    LOL. well, as much as i love peter, i seriously doubt he can pull off the bald look

I'm a fan of Shi Shi since LOCH ...

I hope I'm welcome here...
    PROUD FAN OF:

Ruby Lin

Hu Ge

Liu Shi Shi

Can't really see LSS here

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3281/2ce3a3b598f28363ba0e2dc.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7797/68a5f41227a97355b1de05f.jpg')

BTW, after seeing all of the pics that they adjust from yellow robe to white robe, I think LSS should play as Xiao Long Nu in the future. Have you guys noticed that in any series based on Jin Yong' novels, she played Yang Guo's family member: Mu Nian Ci is YG's mother, the Yellow Robe Lady is YG's descendant ----> She should also play XLN for YG's family to be complete

Quote Originally Posted by wind_fairy View Post
    I'm a fan of Shi Shi since LOCH ...

I hope I'm welcome here...
    Yes, of course
    Last edited by luv_shi shi; 05-29-11 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luv_shi shi View Post
    BTW, after seeing all of the pics that they adjust from yellow robe to white robe, I think LSS should play as Xiao Long Nu in the future. Have you guys noticed that in any series based on Jin Yong' novels, she played Yang Guo's family member: Mu Nian Ci is YG's mother, the Yellow Robe Lady is YG's descendant ----> She should also play XLN for YG's family to be complete
    In his preface to his new editions of LOCH, ROCH & HSDS, Jin Yong has written he doesn't appreciate TV adaptations that over-deviate from the novel and lose the essence of certain important themes. But he's open to creative interpretations. I remember he loved LOCH1982 despite its deviations on Yang Kang's character and story arc (e.g. they had YK becoming a Song peasant for a short period of time and still had him die in the Temple of the Iron Spear but in MNC's arms with her singing a song to him). I think he refrained from commenting on LOCH2008, but the bad re-write of YK & MNC's characters must have shell-shocked him (I'm fine with Tangren changing the story arc, but YK has to and must die in the Iron Spear Temple - at least change the sequence of the timing of his death to the very end of the story, but don't take away the Iron Spear Temple or the identity of who killed him accidentally!). If I were Jin Yong, I wouldn't want Tangren to do a TV remake of ROCH, so unlikely that LSS will ever get to be Xiaolongnu.

DOMD is different as the copyright to film the ad is from the gaming company, not directly from Jin Yong.
    Last edited by munianci; 05-29-11 at 05:46 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

uhmm, is there any update to duke of mount deer?
    PROUD FAN OF:

Ruby Lin

Hu Ge

Liu Shi Shi

Quote Originally Posted by wind_fairy View Post
    uhmm, is there any update to duke of mount deer?
    Welcome wind_fairy!!! We probably won't see anything until June 9th. That's when the producer said clips and posters will be released for DOMB game ad/movie.

May I ask when was the photo above, the one with Shi Shi in white?

is that an old series/movie? title?

it don't seems Familiar to me.

Thank You.
    PROUD FAN OF:

Ruby Lin

Hu Ge

Liu Shi Shi

Welcome wind_fairy!!! We probably won't see anything until June 9th. That's when the producer said clips and posters will be released for DOMB game ad/movie.
    oh, i see what its like an MV like (Fantasy Zhu Xian) or an upcoming series?
    PROUD FAN OF:

Ruby Lin

Hu Ge

Liu Shi Shi