Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'll upload the Behind The Story video once I clip it together. Thanks.
    This is only part 1 of the Story Behind. Part two is going to air next week. From the preview, it looks to be more serious.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Here 's Part 1 of Behind The Story on YouTube. It's still processing, so might take awhile before you can see it.

LSS @ Newface...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0UjMo_XwbM')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/oh1i12.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/aw2fwh.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2r639jn.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/289irmd.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/avg2nn.jpg')

Jingle Ma is a hotshot popular director, but definitely far far off from the league of Zhang Yimou and Chen Kaige.
    I recently got dragged by some friends to watch My Kingdom starring Wu Zun, Da S & Han Geng. Also trash through and through, but still a box office hit
    Completely OT, but can I just say that the pinyin translations of some of these people's names made me giggle?
    Jingle Ma?
    Da S? (Yes I know her English name is Barbie Hsu, but people do call her Da [as in "Big"] S in Chinese)

Oh she looks loverly at the NewFace event. Just glowing. That smile! Oh that smile.
    Also, amazingly like Dong Jie in a lot of these pics. I always thought their "qi zhi" were reminiscent of each other (much much more so than LYF with either of them), but for the first time, the degree of physical resemblance surprised me--for example, in the two snapshots on the right below. Does anyone else see it?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/5e135ee6tw1dli099f4oxj.jpg')
    Last edited by ailinon; 09-26-11 at 01:23 AM.

Wow! Thanks for all the recommendations girls. You guys are too good to me! Hehehehe Now, when I find time this week. I will marathon both series and let you know what I think. Deal?

Default HongShi tidbit

Excerpt from YH interview:

记者: 你怎么看剧中十三和若曦的情感?
      袁弘:很难得也很美好。知己间很容易产生爱慕,但十三和若曦互相欣赏后在很短的时间里发现两人不适合做 情侣,他们的处理方式干净、简单,没有玩暧昧。
      记者:生活中,你和刘诗诗也是好哥们儿吗?
       袁弘:我们俩算是,我开玩笑叫她诗爷,拍戏时能看到她身上也有那种拼命十三妹的劲儿。就说骑马,剧组里大部分男生都骑不过她。看剧时很多观众问 为什么诗诗脸上有那么多痘痘,其实她平时皮肤超好,但拍这部戏时,她每天第一个开工最后一个收工,在剧组里 看见她,手里总是拿着两样东西:剧本和原著。

Q: How do you view the relationship between Thirteenth and Ruoxi in the drama?
    YH: It’s very rare and very lovely. It’s easy for soulmates to develop romantic feelings toward each other, but Thirteenth and Ruoxi--once they discovered, within a short time, that they weren’t suited as a couple--decided to handle their relationship simply and cleanly, without flirting with ambiguity.

Q: Are you also good buddies with LSS in real life?
    YH: You can say that. I would joke around and call her “Shi Ye” ("Lord/Master Shi"). During filming you can see the “pinming shisan mei” (“Death-Defying Thirteenth Sister”) come out in her. Take horseback riding, for example: most of the guys in the cast can’t ride as well as she can. Many in the audience have asked why she had so many pimples on her face in the drama: the truth is that her skin is unusually good in everyday life, but during the shoot, she’d be the first to start working and the last to stop every single day. Whenever you see her, she’d always have two things in her hand: the script and the original novel.
    ===========================

Commentary by yours truly:

1) “哥们儿,” which I translated as “good buddies,” means you see each others as brothers. The reporter is obviously asking if he and SS are “just good friends,” but note that YH took the “one of the guys” part of the expression and ran with it, saying how SS is actually a tomboy, while sidestepping the non-romantic implications.

2) As I’m sure everyone recalls, “pinming shisan mei” was the moniker given the young Ruoxi because she was brash and fearless like Thirteenth Prince. How nice of Lao Yuan to bring up this connection between their characters again, of his own initiative.

3) Complimenting her to the press on her riding skills, her skin... Can you get any more nauseatingly mushy YH? Can you?? (NM, I'm sure you can top yourself. Forget I asked. )
    Last edited by ailinon; 09-26-11 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ailinon View Post
    Da S? (Yes I know her English name is Barbie Hsu, but people do call her Da [as in "Big"] S in Chinese)
    Well, it's either that or Big S, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cherieluv View Post
    Well, it's either that or Big S, lol.
    Barbie Hsu is Da S (Big S) and her younger sister Dee Hsu is Xiao S (Small S). Xiao S hosts KangXi Lai Le with Kevin Tsai.

LSS as Ruo Xi on Mango Weekly (Issue 165):

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/79162888gw1dlim972h5vj.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Who said FengMi is irresistible? I would say HongShi is even more irresistible As I watched Behind The Story, I'm falling in love w/ them even more, why are they so adorable together? WHY????

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/62bd95cdgw1dlj4p3bf47g.gif')

This scene is so cute ^^

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/485903c7jw1dlilqsw389g.gif')

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    Wow! Thanks for all the recommendations girls. You guys are too good to me! Hehehehe Now, when I find time this week. I will marathon both series and let you know what I think. Deal?
    Just need to gripe that little bit about LOCH08 which has been gnawing me. You know who was a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT?!! Anthony Wong!!! For a Hongkong TV legend, and being paid more than all the four leads combined (and you're talking about Ariel who was already a big star at that time), he totally slept walked through the Huang Yaoshi role which didn't even have many scenes (since he's so expensive). It's like he's just there to suck up the budget and didn't care.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Yeah, I know! LGX is becoming so popular because of his portrayal of 14th Prince. His weibo is about to break 600K followers, far ahead of YH and nearly as many as Kevin's. Of course Nicky and LSS have the most followers.
    I'm still surprised by how YH doesn't seem to be that popular (at least on weibo). Who can resist that handsome/sexy face??? All LGX has been in so far is BBJX right, while YH has been in pretty popular series like LOCH, Yang Warriors, CP3, etc. (Not saying LGX doesn't deserve his followers of course but I just find it strange since it seems like YH/LGX have pretty equal screentime in BBJX? Though I just started watching so maybe LGX becomes more prominent later on.) On the other hand kind of not BBJX-related but I was surprised to notice awhile ago that TY is very popular--last I checked she had more followers than even Hu Ge (the TR artist with most followers)! I guess she gained a lot of popularity in the many modern-day dramas she starred in (which I don't really pay attention to).

Quote Originally Posted by ailinon View Post
    Oh she looks loverly at the NewFace event. Just glowing. That smile! Oh that smile.
    Also, amazingly like Dong Jie in a lot of these pics. I always thought their "qi zhi" were reminiscent of each other (much much more so than LYF with either of them), but for the first time, the degree of physical resemblance surprised me--for example, in the two snapshots on the right below. Does anyone else see it?
    Yup, totally see it. And I've actually seen comparisons between them in the Baidu forums as well. But you're right, those pics are the first time I noticed a physical resemblance.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    Just need to gripe that little bit about LOCH08 which has been gnawing me. You know who was a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT?!! Anthony Wong!!! For a Hongkong TV legend, and being paid more than all the four leads combined (and you're talking about Ariel who was already a big star at that time), he totally slept walked through the Huang Yaoshi role which didn't even have many scenes (since he's so expensive). It's like he's just there to suck up the budget and didn't care.
    I felt the same way about him!
    He just stood there and recited lines with sleepy eyes.
    I remember the HYS in LOCH03 was quite impressive, though.

Edit: I just watched Behind the Story part 1. Um...they cut off so much of YH and LSS singing!!!!! Not even the twirl?
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 09-26-11 at 04:42 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

So........I had spent the whole weekend honing my photoshopping skills. I'm not used to this new one and it took me a while to get the gist of things. I have a treat for you girls, well, most of you anyways. I know its not perfect and all, but I will get there. for the time being please enjoy! Oh and, XIAO XIAO, THIS IS YOUR WARNING! LOL THE FOLLOWING POST WILL BE RATED R!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SLOW DOWN NOW AS TO NOT GET CAUGHT LOOKING AT IT AT WORK! THIS IS YOUR FAIR WARNING! :

For all my ShiGe lovers....I couldn't find the perfect picture to match. Had to make do. I promise to get better.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2z4hfg0.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I felt the same way about him!
    He just stood there and recited lines with sleepy eyes.
    I remember the HYS in LOCH03 was quite impressive, though.

Edit: I just watched Behind the Story part 1. Um...they cut off so much of YH and LSS singing!!!!! Not even the twirl?
    But I thought HYS was just fine. He's supposed to be cool and detached - he doesn't give a d*** about anything or anyone outside as long as he has his world in Peach Blossom Island. I thought he exemplified nonchalance to the T. My problem is with OYF in the show. He was terrible - maybe it wasn't his fault but the directors - he turned out comical esp when his body expanded when he was learning the frog stance, the croacking and etc. I've grown quite fond of him though as he just makes me laugh.

XIAO XIAO, LAST WARNING! RATED R PICTURE BELOW!
    I know this is LSS's thread and all, but I know that this is where I can definitely find, Xiaolong.
    So, Xiaolong, what if THIS were true?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/9ih6qo.jpg')
    That means not only does our HOT 4th have buns of steel, he also has an "eagle" to match!

So........I had spent the whole weekend honing my photoshopping skills. I'm not used to this new one and it took me a while to get the gist of things. I have a treat for you girls, well, most of you anyways. I know its not perfect and all, but I will get there. for the time being please enjoy! Oh and, XIAO XIAO, THIS IS YOUR WARNING! LOL THE FOLLOWING POST WILL BE RATED R!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE SLOW DOWN NOW AS TO NOT GET CAUGHT LOOKING AT IT AT WORK! THIS IS YOUR FAIR WARNING! :

For all my ShiGe lovers....I couldn't find the perfect picture to match. Had to make do. I promise to get better.
    OMG! That's blasphemy. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................... .......................................

Much as I like Hu Ge, he looks gawd awful there. Please put back Kevin's head.

That's freaky scary Drgirleam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder why Ruoxi was looking at him that way!!!

I don't think you need to photo shop Nicky with the "eagle"...last time I checked, his "eagles" were pretty big...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 09-26-11 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherieluv View Post
    OMG! That's blasphemy. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....................... .......................................

Much as I like Hu Ge, he looks gawd awful there. Please put back Kevin's head.
    LOL don't worry, I have another one I'll post soon. HG has a head of beautiful hair in the other one.