Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    ^^That's just saying they're happy that JT and LK will be together again?

I hope fans on weibo bombard Ladyboss to think straight and have HG as HQB....

All these times I was worried LSS would not be casted. Now that she is, I'm now worried HG will not be HQB **ugh!**
    IKR!!!! DAMN all of us ShiGe fan were so excited now everybody is worried and Im literally going crazy here just thinking HG wont be HQB when all the news got me really thinking HG is HQB.... What happen if its true?

Xuan Yuan Sword's official drama weibo replied: 神秘男主角已确定为当红大银幕超人气偶像,敬请期待

Mr. Unknown has been confirmed as a popular big screen idol. Stay tuned!

So...Karen said that Mr. Unknown is a popular veteran actor, and this weibo says that he's an idol. Or if you put them together, they might mean someone in between the two categories?
    Well, Eddie Peng is pretty popular on the big screen and if Karen considered a 30 year old a veteran, then yeah....could be him alright.

IKR!!!! DAMN all of us ShiGe fan were so excited now everybody is worried and Im literally going crazy here just thinking HG wont be HQB when all the news got me really thinking HG is HQB.... What happen if its true?
    Then heartbreak $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/ea/unheart.gif') The ShiGe will have to root for Meng Jiu instead of HQB then.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-21-12 at 02:30 AM.

Then heartbreak $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/ea/unheart.gif') The ShiGe will have to root for Meng Jiu instead of HQB then.
    Yet I'm a 'Huo mi' (not in terms of Wallace Huo. This is for Huo Qu Bing). If HG isn't HQB in the drama, then I'll ship Meng Jiu with Jin Yu in the drama, and Huo Qu Bing with Jin Yu in the book.

Although, I'm still keeping my hopes up for GeShiHuoYu.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

H.Ge-C.Liu, you posted this on the DMY thread. I'd like to share it here too.

A few word from Ms. Koala:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/63bed2bcjw1dqdd4x7r5cj.jpg')

Sorry guys, I’m so pissed off right now I’m actually shaking from anger. I might be putting my Da Mo Yao translations on temporary hiatus, despite the fact that the next few chapters are the most exhilarating things I’ve read in years and have had the pleasure of translating. I can’t think straight right now because Tangren has decided to play coy and mind screw with me and every single DMY fan out there. Despite the fact that for months now they have been leaking tidbits here and there that Hu Ge was confirmed as Huo Qu Bing, and everyone pretty much knew Liu Shi Shi would be Jin Yu, today’s official weibo release on the DMY official weibo channel almost made me spit up blood. They have confirmed Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi pairing up for this drama, but refuse to divulge the name of the other male lead. What’s worse, they say that the characters the two male leads will be playing still remain under wraps. W!T!F! *giving TR the giant middle finger* Word from various rumors and leaks are that Eddie Peng is the other male lead, which is leaving everyone and their mother’s worried that Hu Ge will end up playing Jiu Ye and Eddie will be Huo Qu Bing.

See the DMY official weibo, and then the official weibo for that insanely lame upcoming Xuen Yuan Jian decided to one up it by saying the male lead is a super big idol movie star. Male lead? Tangren refusing to confirm Hu Ge is Huo Qu Bing in the first weibo announcement? Methinks Eddie is getting to pick which of the two characters he wants first. This is always the same crap Tangren pulls, and the person normally screwed over in the past is my loverboy Yuan Hong, but since he got sick of their bullshit and left the agency, who knows if TR is going to abuse their own precious leading man now.

Seriously? You’re adorable, Eddie, and a damn fine young actor. But I started reading Da Mo Yao because GeShi was going to play the leads, and I cannot handle you coming in and messing up my fantasies. I know there have been rumors in the past that Hu Ge actually wanted to play Jiu Ye (Buh? Baby, please don’t torture me like that), but honestly, he needs to play Huo Qu Bing at this point or I’ll give myself a hernia. So until the casting is finalized, I’m in no mood to translate anything. If the casting gets screwed up, I’ll probably break up with DMY rather than suffer through a trainwreck drama. I guess the only silver lining is that Hu Ge has NEVER EVER EVER played a second male lead in a TR drama. Or in pretty much any drama. I doubt TR will throw him under a bus at this stage in his career. Sigh, one can hope.

Hu Ge and Eddie (along were Peter Ho) were adorable as the Yang brothers. But hell no is Eddie playing Huo Qu Bing over Hu Ge. But then I can’t picture Eddie as Jiu Ye either. Ottoke, whatever shall happen with this drama adaptation? Sobs, I’m so so morose right now. Who knew a novel could get me this passionate about getting it done right as a drama. I need to curl up in a ball and hope this is just a really bad dream and the final casting comes out as GeShi as HuoYu and then all will be right in the dramaverse again.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-24-12 at 11:57 PM.

I feel like crying, I have never been this stress or crazy over a series now my hair are white.

I'm going to put away my opened champagne bottles now. I'll bring it back out when HG's confirmed as HQB....LOL

Quite amusing, one of the post from A Koala's Playground.

Haha, every single related forum has gone insane. Which is rather amusing, but oh so painful to see. GeShi, DMY drama, and of course, HuGe’s own Peppers have vowed to destroy Ladyboss if she throws him under a bus to land Eddie.

I’ve heard the weibo posts for the official confirmation have been a slew of GeShi as HuoYu demands.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-21-12 at 03:15 AM.

Oh dear, I'm gonna be the lone Eddie fan in this forum *sheepish grin*

Although in all honesty, I cannot see Eddie as HQB at all. It's just his face...he's like a Chinese Jim Carrey, he has this cutesy elastic face that is awesome for comedy and modern roles, but not for a serious nuanced general role in an ancient drama. I mean, Jump Ashin was a serious soul-searching kind of movie (which really propelled Eddie to the big league), but Jump Ashin is a modern movie. A nuanced ancient drama role just requires a totally different kind of "qi zhi". So much as I love him, I'm not hot about him as HQB at all.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-21-12 at 03:21 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

On the other hand people....

Again from A Koala's Playground

Oh hell, more mind screwing coming up. The official weibo for the Hendian Entertainment channel has HG playing HQB (along with what we all know, Wallace Huo declining DMY to toddle off and be Yumama’s revisionist Linghu Chong). This better be true, Hendian Entertainment Channel, or else imma have words with you!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Da%20Mo%20Yao/mns.png')

I’m torn! I love Eddie but I can't see him in DMY...yet.

But he’s super hot in the movie world and way more popular than HG now, plus this is going to be his first TV drama in a long time. So I can’t see him as anything other than Guy1 or equivalent.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Sad Fairytale:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/d0f70b3b5bb5c9ea25200a55d539b6003bf.jpg')

okay i really can't resist but to jump in on this discussion (YAY i love hype!)
    i believe no introductions are necessary besides the fact that i'm a major stalker of this thread, so never fear, i know everything thats been happening

in regards to Mr. Mysterious in DMY, did Peter Ho pop up in anybody else's mind?
    when tangren said it was going to be a veteran actor, i had to think twice about the definition of veteran before i could go through the possibilities.
    if you think about it, if veterans were to be defined as professional acting and long-time experience in the showbiz, there are not many veterans out there, let alone ones that would be in a tangren drama (usually the veterans in tangren dramas are older actors- eg damian lau, amy chan, mi xue,-
    and we barely have veterans who LEAD tangren dramas, especially since its market are for the younger audience who prefers younger actors, so those leading veterans are usually not ultra-famous because tangren wouldn't be able to get their hands on the really famous ones anyway .eg nicky and kevin were one of these veteran leads but they were not THAT famous before bubu (sure they had their heydays probably over a decade back but hey, that was a decade ago, although of course they are super popular now )

so that crossed out a lot of possibilities, then i thought about if karen's definition of veteran just meant someone who's been in the showbiz for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, and their level of acting didn't need to be at a veteran level, so i thought of peter ho.
    he's worked with tangren before, he's been in the showbiz for ages, he does have some idol status (and tangren does tend to cast idol-ish goodlooking men), and he wouldn't look too young to play mengjiu.
    of course i want to clarify that i've only read briefly about the main characters in DMY, so i apologise if what i imagined mengjiu could be, totally irked you guys at the idea of peter ho playing mengjiu.

anywhos thats sort of irrelevent now that the eddie peng rumour is flying around with such high velocity.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I’m torn! I love Eddie but I can't see him in DMY...yet.

But he’s super hot in the movie world and way more popular than HG now, plus this is going to be his first TV drama in a long time. So I can’t see him as anything other than Guy1 or equivalent.
    i share your love for eddie peng. and i'm highly convinced that rumours could be true. (he fits well in their description of a big screen idol actor)
    if it is. i'd like to say HOOORAY because it'll be awesome so see eddie in a tangren drama again.
    and i was wondering, where did you guys get the rumour that eddie will be playing HQB from?
    i thought most people only thought that he might be playing HQB because they could not imagine him as mengjiu?
    otherwise, i think the possibility of him being casted as mengjiu is higher than as HQB.
    tangren would not (COULD NOT!!) shove hu ge down to second lead, and although most people can't imagine eddie as mengjiu, whose to say he won't be able to pull it off? it might be a really different role where he can break out of his sunshine-boy image.

most television audiences would not be too familiar with the book, so from someone like me, who is not familiar with the book but know briefly about its plot and characters, it really doesn't seem too outrageous to have eddie playing mengjiu. it is inevitable for onscreen adaptations of novels to clash with readers original imaginations, but there's always the chance for the actor to replace those imaginations. and i have faith in eddie xD

so really, i'm a lot more excited than frustrated right now.
    excited for shige and eddie peng , or rather, excited for this to be confirmed !
    and i'm not frustrated because i highly doubt what you guys have been pulling your hair out about would happen.
    or maybe i'm just really optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by Random Person View Post

in regards to Mr. Mysterious in DMY, did Peter Ho pop up in anybody else's mind?
    I think Peter already has a project. At least during DMY filming.
    喜欢一个人不就是应该让她感到幸福,让她快乐。别给他带来困扰 - 孟天楚/刑名师爷

tangren would not (COULD NOT!!) shove hu ge down to second lead, and although most people can't imagine eddie as mengjiu, whose to say he won't be able to pull it off? it might be a really different role where he can break out of his sunshine-boy image.
    Welcome!
    If Eddie plays Meng Jiu (hopefully, since I'm a ShiGe shipper), I'll have a hard time getting used to it (after watching CP1 and Young Warriors) but I'm sure I'll adapt soon enough if I see his in costume BTS often, just like HG with his caterpillar hive in Xuan Yuan Sword.

most television audiences would not be too familiar with the book, so from someone like me, who is not familiar with the book but know briefly about its plot and characters, it really doesn't seem too outrageous to have eddie playing mengjiu. it is inevitable for onscreen adaptations of novels to clash with readers original imaginations, but there's always the chance for the actor to replace those imaginations. and i have faith in eddie xD

so really, i'm a lot more excited than frustrated right now.
    excited for shige and eddie peng , or rather, excited for this to be confirmed !
    and i'm not frustrated because i highly doubt what you guys have been pulling your hair out about would happen.
    or maybe i'm just really optimistic
    Yes, that is exactly spot on. I, as a reader, didn't really imagine anyone as the characters at first, but then I saw some fan made MVs, read the book again, and put GeShi as HuoYu into the book. I'm not an EP fan, so I don't necessarily have faith in him to rid me of my MJ fantasies, but I'm hopeful. Reunions are always good.

I really wish I'm just as optimistic as you. I actually think that following TR dramas has made me really pessimistic over the years, because of the length of time they keep the followers guessing/waiting and, using your words, pulling hair out.

I get the impression most spcnetters are familiar with Eddie only in his TV roles - SNYJJ, CP1, Wayward Kenting and Honey & Clover. But he has proven real serious acting chops and screen presence in Jump Ashin which was a big winner at Cannes and Golden Rooster Awards. He still makes idol blockbusters like Love U U and LOVE, but he's versatile enough to take on roles that we initially don't picture him in.

Still, Hu Ge has more of the great ancient Chinese general look with his height.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Oh dear, I'm gonna be the lone Eddie fan in this forum *sheepish grin*

Although in all honesty, I cannot see Eddie as HQB at all. It's just his face...he's like a Chinese Jim Carrey, he has this cutesy elastic face that is awesome for comedy and modern roles, but not for a serious nuanced general role in an ancient drama. I mean, Jump Ashin was a serious soul-searching kind of movie (which really propelled Eddie to the big league), but Jump Ashin is a modern movie. A nuanced ancient drama role just requires a totally different kind of "qi zhi". So much as I love him, I'm not hot about him as HQB at all.
    i'm feeling this too xiaolong! T.T i'm so incredibly torn... but i still think EP looks more like a hqb than a mj... actually.. who looks like a mj! the character itself is... quite... difficult to imagine...

on the other hand if they throw me someone like raymond lam as hqb i will scream. i will. that. will really tear me apart.
    Last edited by thesolangestory; 02-21-12 at 08:26 AM.

eifini

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/6b9ff745tw1dqa52kvs73j.jpg')

Erm, am I the only person here who isn’t going crazy at the rumors? It’s not surprising when you consider the way these casting processes have gone in the past.
    Thing is, TR wanted Wallace Huo as Meng Jiu and HG as HQB, but Wallace decided to play Linghu Chong in Yu Mama’s XAJH (makes sense for his career as he will be male lead in a widely publicized drama vs. 2nd lead in yet another TR production). From the casting drama over every single TR series, we know that they (1) like to play coy with announcements and (2) often have trouble finding actors who will agree to act in their shows—witness how difficult it was to find Yongzheng for Bu Bu; their first choices (Wallace Chung, Nie Yuan etc) all turned it down. (Despite TR’s popularity among younger audiences, they can’t compete with a lot of companies for resources. That’s why you see so many familiar faces in their series; they depend on the loyalty of outside artists to keep their shows going, not a very sustainable model imo). My guess is that they thought Wallace would take Meng Jiu, were taken aback when he didn’t and had to scramble to find a replacement. Eddie Peng is a TR vet, and my hunch is they called him up last minute, similar to how Nicky Wu was asked to play Yongzheng. As much as EP may not fit the fans' idea of HQB, he’s even less suitable as MJ (can you imagine a sunny athletic dude like him in a wheelchair?). Hence the casting switch. It’s not news that when these things happen, TR’s actors end up getting the short end of the stick (e.g. LSS was going to be the backup for Xiao Xue if they couldn’t find someone to play that role in Xuan Yuan Sword).

(1) is a result of (2); the latter is not under TR’s control, while the first is. Now if K were smarter, she’d keep her mouth shut and not broadcast things when they’re not settled yet, but I guess she thinks she has to toss out hints and play coy to keep the hype up. Me, I’m looking forward to seeing GeShi pair up onscreen, but I’m not going to die if they don’t end up the OTP at the end of the show. My preference would have been to have the original planned cast (HG+WH+LSS), or better yet the original TR 3 treasures (YH+HG+LSS). Sucks that that’s not going to happen, but they’ll just have to make the best of it.
    But why couldn’t they wait till April (which I guess was the deadline if they couldn’t find the other male lead) to start filming? I want my girl to have her rest and fully recover!

re: the new eifini pic: Why do they overuse photoshop for these things? She looks so much better without it.
    Last edited by ailinon; 02-21-12 at 05:21 PM.

(HG+WH+LSS) or (YH+HG+LSS)
    Oh how I wanted this so much $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/73/wq_thumb.gif') I think it would have been possible for YH to join if Karen had asked him. Would have much prefer YH over EP (don't care how popular he is) any day....

I'm not so much bothered that EP was cast, more bothered about the role switched after I've read the novel and came to like the way HQB and JY interacts (and been reminded since last year that HG was confirmed for HQB).

Before I didn't care much about the male leads, because I was more concerned LSS would not be part of the series. I guess, I should just be happy that my girl is in it and is the female lead (would really really be more pissed if she's not in it at all)....LOL.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 02-21-12 at 01:23 PM.

Wow, so much tension in this thread. Like everyone else... ShiGe!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6dd6fb9cjw1dqaamxzo02j.jpg')

Eh, I'd rather they scrap the whole thing (or at least push it on the back burner) if they couldn't get the right cast. Sacrilege, I know. Though it would be nice to see LSS in Han costume--I've faith they'll at least look better than the monstrosities Yu Mama came up with for his current Xiang Yu/Liu Bang project.