Page 48 of 421 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Honestly, even when LSS acts spoilt as the princess, she just doesn't seem convincingly spoilt. I feel so sorry for the princess when General Lin Mufei repeatedly rejected her in such a callous way. And she wasn't that b*tchy towards her rival-in-love Qiao Er. Just threw a tantrum and slap on the face, which was nothing much.
    I do agree that she was unconvincing. If I'm not mistaken, LSS said it herself that she was not unruly enough. At the same time, I wondered if a lot of those scenes were taken out, where she was harassing and picking on Qiao Er. I mean, the princess and Qiao became friends too quickly, there's got to be more events that happened before that for Qiao Er to be upset, don't you think

Anywho, I admit I didn't think LSS's performance was stellar...but I enjoyed all of her scenes especially episode 10...hehehe.

I'm not into this kind of series, but it was LSS's and Yuan Hong that had me watch it

I'm really disappointed that the famous seduction scene (princess and General) was just a fantasy sequence in the princess' mind. YH's eyes looking up at her were really sexy and expressive, but unfortunately I think quite a lot of it was cut. And it's a real shame because I always thought YH's best talent is his ability to act with his eyes.

My Mum actually thinks YH has bigger, more beautiful eyes than any of the actresses in this series, Young Warriors or LOCH. YH's eyes are the ideal wide, doe-like Manga eyes that Korean women go for plastic surgery for...HAHAHA! He doesn't even need eye-liner or over-sized contact lenses like I do....envious.
    Last edited by yangjia; 08-17-10 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    I do agree that she was unconvincing. If I'm not mistaken, LSS said it herself that she was not unruly enough. At the same time, I wondered if a lot of those scenes were taken out, where she was harassing and picking on Qiao Er. I mean, the princess and Qiao became friends too quickly, there's got to be more events that happened before that for Qiao Er to be upset, don't you think
    Yeah, she's suppose to be so spoilt (like Guo Fu in ROCH) that despite her beauty General Lin Mufei is repulsed by her. There's NOT ENOUGH scenes of her acting unruly so they must have been edited out.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    I mean I felt so sorry for her when she saw General Lin Mufei and his soldiers, waved happily at him, and he callously told his soldiers to march the other direction after giving her a dirty look which she certainly didn't deserve.
    I kept thinking - what's so bad about her? She didn't even cut off his arm

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    My Mum actually thinks YH has bigger, more beautiful eyes than any of the actresses in this series, Young Warriors or LOCH. YH's eyes are the ideal wide, doe-like Manga eyes that Korean women go for plastic surgery for...HAHAHA! He doesn't even need eye-liner or over-sized contact lenses like I do....envious.
    Yeah, I'd go for surgery to have YH's eyes.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-19-10 at 04:18 AM.

Yes, she does I enjoyed most of her scene as the princess. It's nice to see her spunky side, and then once again we see her sad character just like most of her other series.

A bit disappointed. LSS worked so hard filming this series, only to have most of her scenes deleted It seems like LSS was more of a supporting actress than the second female lead. Even the character Xiaomei have more screentime than LSS. And we hardly see Yuan Hong until almost the end of the series. Edwin Siu should be consider the first male lead rather than Yuan Hong.
    I totally agree with you on that ! LSS worked hard to flim this series too, why was so many of her scenes edited? when i watched YuanHong being so close with qiao er , i was looking forward to the scenes that the princess would have with the general but they were edited so much!

even her best line in the trailer which she said after cutting the cloth , i will never marry to the Mongolian ? something like that .. even that was cut

I wondered if the deleted scene were because Lin Mufei and the princess may draw too much attention away from the main focus of the series, which is Qiao Er's life. I read so many people were anticipating the pairing of Yuan Hong and LSS again, that's why they were excited to see it, thus would go against the producer's intent of the drama.....my guess

I am also disappointed that LSS practically became a vase after she left the palace and followed Lin Mufei around. There's hardly any scenes of them being romantic at all
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 08-18-10 at 12:31 PM.

I am also disappointed that LSS practically became a vase after she left the palace and followed Lin Mufei around. There's hardly any scenes of them being romantic at all
    A vase? I thought it was really touching that she nearly sacrificed her chastity and life in the Mongolian camp to save her beloved General.

A spoilt bratty princess transformed into a self-sacrificing heroine because of love. That's not a vase.

A spoilt bratty princess transformed into a self-sacrificing heroine because of love. That's not a vase.
    True, I found that sweet and touching too ...maybe I was expecting too much from her hardship with him....hehehe. I kinda wish the scriptwriter would make him chase after her for once, for him to realize he does love her...that kind of romantic scenes..know what I mean?...hehehe.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 08-18-10 at 04:20 PM.

She isn't one of the most versatile actresses, but I think she looks so beautiful and innocent and did a great job in a few wuxia films.

I wondered if the deleted scene were because Lin Mufei and the princess may draw too much attention away from the main focus of the series, which is Qiao Er's life. I read so many people were anticipating the pairing of Yuan Hong and LSS again, that's why they were excited to see it, thus would go against the producer's intent of the drama.....my guess (
    OMG, you're right. Most promo pics of YH/LSS together were deleted. So definitely the highly anticipated kiss is cut off.

From what I saw on the Internet, popular news sites like Baidu, Tianya, Sina and Youku were totally choke full of fans' excited comments on YH/LSS pairing months ahead of the series broadcast. Maybe that's why LGL/Karen decided to edit majority of their scenes so as to bring back the focus on poor Qiao Er. HAHAHA!

Might as well exclude those two from the press events.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-19-10 at 07:40 AM.

I wondered if the deleted scene were because Lin Mufei and the princess may draw too much attention away from the main focus of the series, which is Qiao Er's life. I read so many people were anticipating the pairing of Yuan Hong and LSS again, that's why they were excited to see it, thus would go against the producer's intent of the drama.....my guess

even so, i think they really deleted way too much ):
    i think they cut off scenes that viewers could see how the general fell in love with her . but i think it would be nice like what you said, seeing the general chase after the princess !

Quote Originally Posted by yukii View Post
    even so, i think they really deleted way too much ):
    i think they cut off scenes that viewers could see how the general fell in love with her . but i think it would be nice like what you said, seeing the general chase after the princess !
    Yeah, agreed. Too much deleted.
    Cutting out the romantic scenes gives you the impression that the General just went with the princess because he got used to living and travelling around with her. In the end, I don't even think he loved either woman. You notice Qiao Er was still reminiscing about him near the end but he couldn't be bothered anymore. He just grew attached and comfortable with his princess.
    Last edited by yangjia; 08-19-10 at 10:05 AM.

Yeah, agreed. Too much deleted.
    Cutting out the romantic scenes gives you the impression that the General just went with the princess because he got used to living and travelling around with her. In the end, I don't even think he loved either woman. You notice Qiao Er was still reminiscing about him near the end but he couldn't be bothered anymore. He just grew attached and comfortable with his princess.
    Yea , and there were scenes that the general was still thinking about qiao er as well .. and i noticed the subbing called lss as princess but the actor himself was saying the princess real name :X it makes a difference in how he address her to show how close she is to him.. but i noticed after the princess followed him he started to look at her every time he speak , unlike before he ignored her

So....

I haven't watched the series in detailed, just bits and pieces of it. And it doesn't help that I don't understand a word they say...hehehe

Questions for you gals.

When or how did the princess fall in love with the general? Was it because he saved her from the fire? Or was it just that she find him handsome ..hehehe, I mean, he is sooooooooo mean to her, why would she fall in love with him so quick? And to actually follow him to the battlefield..

Yea , and there were scenes that the general was still thinking about qiao er as well .. and i noticed the subbing called lss as princess but the actor himself was saying the princess real name :X it makes a difference in how he address her to show how close she is to him.. but i noticed after the princess followed him he started to look at her every time he speak , unlike before he ignored her
    He thinking about Qiao Er was before he started travelling around with princess. From the pre-release teaser write-ups ("Who will the General choose?"), I expected more hesitation at the end. But dang! No hesitation, just happily went off with princess whereas you see Qiao Er kinda looking forlorn and tearing as she saw them off. So that's it - YH/LSS went straight into a settled down married couple life without those anticipated hot scenes between them.

In contrast, Yang Kang and Mu Nianci fell hard for each other way before travelling around together.

So....
    When or how did the princess fall in love with the general? Was it because he saved her from the fire? Or was it just that she find him handsome ..hehehe, I mean, he is sooooooooo mean to her, why would she fall in love with him so quick? And to actually follow him to the battlefield..
    My guess is his hotness when she saw his clean shaven face - she looked so enchanted. Then later when he carried her, you could see her making eyes at him.

Actually she was already fantasizing about him before he shaved. She fell hard when he carried her.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-19-10 at 09:56 PM.

So....

I haven't watched the series in detailed, just bits and pieces of it. And it doesn't help that I don't understand a word they say...hehehe

Questions for you gals.

I think it's like xiao long said, and probably she was attracted to the general because he was the only one who didnt see her as a princess in the palace. And maybe she's attracted to him being so loyal to the country

He thinking about Qiao Er was before he started travelling around with princess. From the pre-release teaser write-ups ("Who will the General choose?"), I expected more hesitation at the end. But dang! No hesitation, just happily went off with princess whereas you see Qiao Er kinda looking forlorn and tearing as she saw them off. So that's it - YH/LSS went straight into a settled down married couple life without those anticipated hot scenes between them.

In contrast, Yang Kang and Mu Nianci fell hard for each other way before travelling around together.

that's the problem with the scenes they cut because it doesn't make sense how did the general choose the princess ! did he really love her or is it just out of guilt

that's the problem with the scenes they cut because it doesn't make sense how did the general choose the princess ! did he really love her or is it just out of guilt
    Nah, I think by the end of the series, the general lost any romantic feelings he had previously for Qiao Er. Princess did feel a bit threatened when she saw him comforting the crying Qiao Er, but looks like she didn't have anything to fear. He just happily settled in his comfort zone. I mean, he didn't even think twice. He just went off with princess.

Guess we are all romantics at heart - I keep thinking of Yang Kang and his total devotion for MNC from start to end (even though they were apart for quite awhile) in all LOCH versions, book and TV alike.

Maybe this scenario is more realistic. We all eventually marry whom we are most compatible and comfortable with, with whom we have the same interests and do everything together. As a pugilist, the general is too much of an adventurer/wanderer at heart to stay in one place with Qiao Er and weave. You notice in the end when Qiao Er asked him what he planned to do, he said will roam Jianghu. Only princess can do that with him.

People seldom end up with their first loves y'know.

There's something else I also noticed. When princess was in the palace, she was a typical spoilt, pampered lady of leisure fussy about her appearance, decked out in glamourous dresses and jewellery - a gu niang who probably never had to do physical work and has no knowledge of martial arts. But when she started travelling around with the general, she wore tomboy outfits and learned martial arts from the general. From then on they started having a lot in common - interest in martial arts, politics... In contrast, Qiao Er was only interested in weaving.

Y'see, princess became more and more like the general until she became part of him. Notice that as the show progressed, her outfits came to look exactly like the general's and her thoughts, world views, values etc echoed his? That's what happens in marriage. So I don't think he chose her out of "guilt". He didn't even "choose". He's with her because she's his right arm.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-20-10 at 03:49 AM.

These are my thoughts.....

During the process of filming, there were ton of news/article-making a big deal about "who" will the general choose, who he will end up with. I remembered reading that Yuan Hong himself said he can handle playing a villain better than being in a love entanglement like this...or something of that nature...hehehe.

At first, I think that was the intention of the series(with more romance, and heartbreak). But the producer/director decided to take a different course, and deleted scenes that would otherwise cause too much a "battle of the heart" amongst the three. With the deleted scene, they wanted to focus more on Qiao Er's journeys in life, her marriage, her learning/teachings, etc.

I think during the hardship together, the princess and general did have more intense scenes leading them closer, and the general's feeling for the princess grew stronger and stronger, again those scenes probably got deleted and thus felt like he didn't love her at the end. There were just not enough scenes of the general and the princess for the viewers to feel any love between them......even the scenes that they have with each other were cut short.....

Toward the end...who knows, in the original version the general may have had that dilemma. I guess I wanted to be convinced that he loved both girls and can't choose between them. It certainly would make the series more interesting to watch and have the viewer guessing at the end.

Speaking of the series, originally, it was supposed to be the life of 5 weaver girl and the princess right? I think the majority of their stories were also deleted, and decided to focus on only three girls. I had assumed Li Qian's role was important, because when they invited her, Li Guoli said they had to altered the role specially for her..or something like that

Do I make sense?..hehehe I'm writing this with my eyes threatening to close, I need some ...hehehe.

By the way....a fan-made MV of the princess and general

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxyFwsbBzFk

Ohhh..one more thing.
    Okay, so the general and the princess didn't go back to the palace? Then where did the scene that was in the trailer, that didn't make it in the series supposed to take place I wonder? The scene where the princess laid her head on the general's shoulder, and it looked like they were in the place...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 08-20-10 at 10:32 AM.

LOL...The general and the princess even wore the same outfit in the finale . There are scientific studies that say the longer a couple is together, the more they look like each other.

But yeah, I'm disappointed by the lack of dilemma. Xiaolong is right - he just went off with the princess like it's second nature. He prob knew he will never see Qiao Er again and it didn't seem to bother him. He didn't even look sad as he sailed away on the little boat with the princess.

Anyway, the general and the princess were living together for quite awhile as a couple in a little thatched hut. I'm sure they 洞房, heh.

My heart goes out to Qiao Er. I wish Fang Ning had lived. It's so unfair that just when he recovered the use of his legs, he sacrificed his life to get rid of the bad guy for Qiao Er's sake. She deserves better than to be left a widow for the rest of her life.

Ohhh..one more thing.
    Okay, so the general and the princess didn't go back to the palace? Then where did the scene that was in the trailer, that didn't make it in the series supposed to take place I wonder? The scene where the princess laid her head on the general's shoulder, and it looked like they were in the place...
    Is it before she left the palace and followed him on the expedition? Something happened that drew him close to the princess? Maybe the dilemma scenarios that the pre-release articles were referring to happened in the middle, not the end of the series. I don't think they can go back to the palace with the mongols running over China.
    Last edited by yangjia; 08-20-10 at 06:21 AM.

Nah, I think by the end of the series, the general lost any romantic feelings he had previously for Qiao Er. Princess did feel a bit threatened when she saw him comforting the crying Qiao Er, but looks like she didn't have anything to fear. He just happily settled in his comfort zone. I mean, he didn't even think twice. He just went off with princess.

Guess we are all romantics at heart - I keep thinking of Yang Kang and his total devotion for MNC from start to end (even though they were apart for quite awhile) in all LOCH versions, book and TV alike.

Maybe this scenario is more realistic. We all eventually marry whom we are most compatible and comfortable with, with whom we have the same interests and do everything together. As a pugilist, the general is too much of an adventurer/wanderer at heart to stay in one place with Qiao Er and weave. You notice in the end when Qiao Er asked him what he planned to do, he said will roam Jianghu. Only princess can do that with him.

People seldom end up with their first loves y'know.

There's something else I also noticed. When princess was in the palace, she was a typical spoilt, pampered lady of leisure fussy about her appearance, decked out in glamourous dresses and jewellery - a gu niang who probably never had to do physical work and has no knowledge of martial arts. But when she started travelling around with the general, she wore tomboy outfits and learned martial arts from the general. From then on they started having a lot in common - interest in martial arts, politics... In contrast, Qiao Er was only interested in weaving.

Y'see, princess became more and more like the general until she became part of him. Notice that as the show progressed, her outfits came to look exactly like the general's and her thoughts, world views, values etc echoed his? That's what happens in marriage. So I don't think he chose her out of "guilt". He didn't even "choose". He's with her because she's his right arm.

Now that you mentioned it , thats true i think the scenes of qiao er running through his head towards the end might just be a little bit of regret, not romantic feelings anymore. The general is someone who wanders around, even if qiao er loves him i doubt she would really follow him to do that because weaving is her life, so i guess it makes sense about what you said, the general was together with the princess not because of guilt but because they were really meant for each other !

LOL...The general and the princess even wore the same outfit in the finale . There are scientific studies that say the longer a couple is together, the more they look like each other.

But yeah, I'm disappointed by the lack of dilemma. Xiaolong is right - he just went off with the princess like it's second nature. He prob knew he will never see Qiao Er again and it didn't seem to bother him. He didn't even look sad as he sailed away on the little boat with the princess.

Anyway, the general and his princess were living together for quite awhile as a couple in a little thatched hut. I'm sure they 洞房, heh.

My heart goes out to Qiao Er. I wish Fang Ning had lived. It's so unfair that just when he recovered the use of his legs, he sacrificed his life to get rid of the bad guy for Qiao Er's sake. Even her teacher ended up with someone, but she will be alone.

Haha i loved the last scene the way they fought together like a couple with their matching outfits , it's like seeing Yang kang and MNC again ! 洞房 ?? actually i doubt so :P the general looks too concerned about the country to think about that LOL .. I think fang ning's plight is the worse .. He sacrificed so much and just when he was recovering the use of his legs he died for qiao er ):

: Liu Xiao Xiao
    i think that scene was probably deleted.. didn't see it either ):

I think the part when the general calls her Jiayi instead of Princess should have been a lot more dramatic. But that's prob because of cut scenes. Addressing her by first name means a firm move to being soul mates. She was after all the Song princess and he a servant of Song.

I mean he suddenly starts calling her Jiayi. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-20-10 at 11:29 AM.