Page 92 of 421 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 8417

Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, I always thought LYF's skin looks more radiant and translucent than LSS', which gives LYF an out-of-this-world look. LSS is always described as more earthly looking. Was she that bada$$ as Yan San Niang? I wouldn't say "bada$$" as San Niang fights for justice, believes in the common good of people and doesn't go around murdering innocents and being treacherous. I'd say San Niang is feisty. Serious bada$$ sh*t is Nicky's 4th Prince.

LSS? - don't think she can ever pull it off as a murderer or doing underhanded things. She looks too innocent and righteous to be able to come off as devious in any way, just like Hu Ge and Wallace Huo
    LSS as a killer???? I can't imgaine that either. She looks too sweet, and innocent to do those things ^^ Hu Ge also has the look of the good guy, he can't star as the main antagonist of any series As for Wallace, I think he can pull off as a play boy really well (in Strange Hero, once he pretended to be a play boy, and his face and his laugh gave me a chill ), but a murderer is kinda unthinkable.

What do you guys think of Hu Ge as the 4th prince instead of Nicky?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/nwa5u9.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g434/purpleflower225/f7136044f57c39d76538dbd0.jpg')

Although Hu Ge looks handsome in the pictures, I still think Nicky resembles more of the 4th prince to me; Hu Ge looks too boyish, not as mature as Nicky (Ruo Xi is about 13 year younger than the 4th in the novel). The 4th prince's character is very complicated, he is very ambitious and charming, but he is definitely not a purely good and nice guy, he is the semi-villainous character, and sometimes we feel like he is such a cold person, but once he loves, he give it all; this kind of character is fit for Nicky's appearance and he has had many successful roles similar to this one (i.e. Treasure Venture w/ Vicki Zhao).

By the way, does anyone have any further information on Tian Zhi Hen? I'm dying to hear from Tangren
    Last edited by luv_shi shi; 04-16-11 at 01:26 AM.

C'mon! Look at Hu Ge's face in those photoshopped pics. Don't you think he has this Bambi wide-eyed look which is TOTALLY not 4th Prince?

C'mon! Look at Hu Ge's face in those photoshopped pics. Don't you think he has this Bambi wide-eyed look which is TOTALLY not 4th Prince?
    That's what I'm talking about, his eyes do not look like a cunning person like 4th Prince at all. He might be fit for a less evil prince, maybe the 10th prince =))

Cecilia is natural beauty ) LYF is not beautiful (

She looks like an angle in this pic

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h428/hyhythi/6ee2ef3cjw1dgag5aq2a0j.jpg?t=1302952306')

Quote Originally Posted by luv_shi shi View Post
    That's what I'm talking about, his eyes do not look like a cunning person like 4th Prince at all. He might be fit for a less evil prince, maybe the 10th prince =))
    IMO HG can't do any of BBJX's four main princes or 9th. HG doesn't have a single devious bone in his look to play any character that's convincingly grey. As for 10th, he's superstar HG - can't be a support comic relief character.

I don't really like her look in that latest pic. She looks like she has put on some weight - must be Nicky's chocolate bribes!

Well, I always thought LYF's skin looks more radiant and translucent than LSS', which gives LYF an out-of-this-world look. LSS is always described as more earthly looking. Was she that bada$$ as Yan San Niang? I wouldn't say "bada$$" as San Niang fights for justice, believes in the common good of people and doesn't go around murdering innocents and being treacherous. I don't think the character's even "grey" in any way. I'd say San Niang is feisty. Serious bada$$ sh*t is Nicky's 4th Prince (OK, I admit to a masochistic streak in being attracted to murderers).

LSS? - don't think she can ever pull it off as a murderer or doing underhanded things. She looks too innocent and righteous to be able to come off as devious in any way, just like Hu Ge and Wallace Huo.

I'm still iffy about Hu Ge's recent attempts at looking bada$$ (5 o'clock shadow and dyed hair?!) and taking on a villainous role in Tian Zhi Hen. If he wants to break out of his good, kind & honest soul roles, he should do what Wallace Huo did in Detective Tang Lang. Wallace knows he can't play devious villain roles, but he can play someone who's cool & tough-talking but still upholds justice and doesn't resort to underhanded means.
    YSN fights for justice, but she is definitely a pretty awesome character, rightfully deserving of being called bada$$. I don't think the term necessarily means anything having to do with which side of justice one is on, rather it's an attitude that one has. Think of Batman vs Superman. They are both crime fighting heroes, but the latter is way goody goody while the former is gothic vigilante awesomeness. hehe. Batman is my hero. Can LSS pull of being an a murderer or senseless killing machine? Heck, no. But can she do an assassin role that might be working on the dark side of justice? Maybe... girlfriend might need an image makeover though lol...especially considering that last pic that's posted up of her lol

BTW no way Hu Ge can pull off the bad boy look. He can be mischievous but doesn't seem capable of being ruthless or evil so much.
    I like me.

Hey xiaolong, it's nice to see you over on mookie's blog! Once you start writing in your livejournal, I'll def check it out when I get the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I don't think the term [badass] necessarily means anything having to do with which side of justice one is on, rather it's an attitude that one has.
    Was coming over to post the same thing. To give a wuxia analogy (to add to TmE's Superman/Batman analogy), Xiao Feng in Demi-gods and Semi-devils is much more of a badass than Qiao Feng, even if they are the same person. To give a semi-historical example, in Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei are more badass than Zhao Zilong, who's more of a white knight. Hu Ge can play Zhao Zilong, but he can't play the other two (considering the one has a bigass beard and the other a black face, I'm guessing the Hu Ge fans will be grateful).

The key to Liu Shi Shi is that ungirlish straightforwardness and stubborn clearness, in tension with her vulnerability. As she's grown older, it's shaded closer to a 御姐 aura at times. This pic Xiao Xiao posted has just a hint of it: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/21y3rl.jpg')
    I can see her in the dark assassin role--think the red Kuei undercover in modern gear--if Tangren will give her a chance. Can she pull off the "all innocent and good on the outside, but actually really scheming and vicious" role ChineseChik525 envisioned a while back? Well, the blue Kuei had her scheming moment, didn't she? (I never saw CP3, so this is going by what other's have said. Judging by her acting ability back then, it may not have been very successful).
    She'd definitely be playing against type, an advantage when you have a demure face. (Think Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo, though he had to go through WWII to get to that side of himself. Not that I'm comparing LSS to him in any other way.) First thing she'd have to do is to keep improving her acting skills, and break out of the idol box. I'd quite like to see her try, though.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong
    I don't really like her look in that latest pic. She looks like she has put on some weight - must be Nicky's chocolate bribes!
    Hehe, it's the hairstyle I don't like. I like the styling much better here, where you can see her beautiful forehead:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/rbf5dt.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/25hna0h.jpg')
    Last edited by ailinon; 04-17-11 at 04:17 PM.

LSS and Hu Ge representing: Baidu Post Bar Ambassador and China Foundation for Poverty Alleviation....

哟哟yoyo:音乐是用来找感觉的,楼梯是用来坐的,熊是用来望的。。。。。@刘诗诗 你是用来拍拍拍的。诗说,大家辛苦了!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/kcbjlt.jpg')....

LSS 14 hours of shooting today....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2ikte2p.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2zdw4u8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/t9fuo5.jpg')
    ^^I wouldn't have guessed the picture above was LSS. She looked so different. Is it just the make-up/hair, that sometimes make her face looked narrow and sometimes wide?...nonetheless, I think she looked beautiful in the above pictures...

YSN fights for justice, but she is definitely a pretty awesome character, rightfully deserving of being called bada$$. I don't think the term necessarily means anything having to do with which side of justice one is on, rather it's an attitude that one has.

I can see her in the dark assassin role--think the red Kuei undercover in modern gear--if Tangren will give her a chance
    ByTme/ailinon Totally agree with you girls. I think LSS can look and act vicious if given that chance
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-17-11 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    ByTme/ailinon Totally agree with you girls. I think LSS can look and act vicious if given that chance
    I agree she can act vicious given the right role - looking forward to roles like that. But don't think she can ever be cold-blooded ruthless with killing instinct like Nicky's 4th Prince (OK, gotta stop swooning over evil princes).

Yes, my absolute favourite masked vigilante with attitude is Batman too, but he still won't even murder an ant in cold blood. There's just angst in Batman, no evil no ruthlessness no murder intent.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 04-18-11 at 01:50 AM.

There are rumors on baidu that Tangren will announce the cast for Tian Zhi Hen. I wonder whether the SARFT's new restriction will affect this series or not. Hopefully everything will go smoothly.
    By the way, no more trailer for BBJX for the time being (thanks to Yu Zheng, everything is in a catastrophe right now).

I'm wondering whether the real life personas of actors/actresses have a bearing on how they interpret their roles onscreen and how the audience take to them. I remember LSS several times saying she draws on real life experiences in her acting and onscreen interaction with her co-stars.

I notice with Tangren, they emphasize a lot on playing up their artistes' off-screen personalities and interactions, which do have a BIG impact on how the audience relate to their dramas and characters.

I know you all want to see LSS as feisty, aggressive, independent, tomboy-like etc...I think she was OK in GXYZM as such a character. But I have to admit honestly, I don't think LSS can ACE such characters compared to her counterparts like Ariel Lin, Yang Mi, Sun Li or even the under-rated Jiang Xin. Unless she can ace such roles and blow the audience mind away, I doubt she can be seen as "feisty girl" rather than "gentle girl".

Just a thought that occurred to me.

Aside: Hu Ge's "villain" was totally near F for me in Butterfly Lovers.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 04-18-11 at 01:42 PM.

^^Well, as mentioned many times before, most of her characters were "gentle" and damsel in distress kind of roles, and she had little experience playing the tough/vicious type of characters. If given the opportunity to play those kind of roles and gaining more experience in it, I'm sure she can do it. Was LSS as Yan San Niang perfect? I wouldn't say so, but it was a start for her and that's why most of us wanted to see her play that kind of roles.

I thought it was unfair to compare LSS to Ariel Lin and Yang Mi, because those two actress have already achieve stardom and had experienced playing many roles already, so of course they're better....

Well, Ariel was same age as LSS or younger when she acted in It Started With A Kiss and Tokyo Juliet. Also started out much later in age.

Anyway, let's see how LSS is in the feisty part of Ruoxi in BBJX and Tian Zhi Hen (hopefully as the more spicy one). Wondering if the ban will have an effect on Tian Zhi Hen - I get the impression there's a lot of mythology in it, which the CCP frowns on.

Well, Ariel was same age as LSS or younger when she acted in It Started With A Kiss and Tokyo Juliet. Also started out much later in age.
    Again, I see no point of making comparison. I believe some people just have that natural talent in acting, while others (LSS) have to work harder at it and learn along the way.
    We also have to remember, LSS didn't have an acting background before coming into the entertainment business and it'll take her a long long time to be considered "good".

She probably wouldn't ACE being feisty as Ruo Xi as much as we expected, but we could definitely see from the BTS pictures that she was stressed out and tried her darnest in the role. So I would at least applaud her for her effort (just as in every roles she's been given).....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-18-11 at 04:48 PM.

Interesting. I guess we all define our terms somewhat differently.
    Vicious to me implies a pleasure in wreaking hurt/havoc for its own sake, almost a pathological mindset. See: Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter.
    Ruthless to me implies the use of brutality sans limit to get what you want however you want. See: Lucius Malfoy (or Catherine di Medici in Queen Margot, to give a female example).
    One is more emotional, the other more logical.

Enough about semantics though. If we're talking about bad guys, I can see LSS as some sort of suicide bomber ( lol. oh jeez, what’s wrong with me): i.e. someone who operates outside the law for ideology’s sake. Destructive, not necessarily mean.

To be honest, mostly I just want her to try out different characters and stretch herself--doesn't have to be a tough tomboy, just someone with a dynamic personality. The thing about sedate roles is that they really need good writing to come alive; at the same time, the farther you get from the extremities of fiction and closer to real life, the tougher it is to make a character memorable. Because LSS does have a sweet demeanor naturally (no way to get around it), and because she still needs to improve her acting skills viz. Ariel Lin and others, she tends to fade more when playing the decorous types (going by past performances as a guide).

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao
    She probably wouldn't ACE being feisty as Ruo Xi as much as we expected
    Young Ruo Xi (at least in the book) was feisty, but never in the way that Qing Chuan/HZGG's Little Swallow were. She was more cavalier about breaking rules at 16, but she did have some sense of where the boundaries are, even if she couldn't always follow them. I'm a bit skeptical about how well Tangren will handle the transition to the adult Ruo Xi, who's outwardly calm and always worried. If it's not done well, I fear the character arc will end up seeming somewhat abrupt and awkward.

On Yan Sanniang: some feel that the way the character was conceived, anyone would have stood out playing her. I see what they're saying--it was a very attractively written role--but I do feel that in physicality (that is, bearing and movement), at least, what LSS brought to the character was something unique to her.
    Last edited by ailinon; 04-18-11 at 07:03 PM.

I'm wondering whether the real life personas of actors/actresses have a bearing on how they interpret their roles onscreen and how the audience take to them. I remember LSS several times saying she draws on real life experiences in her acting and onscreen interaction with her co-stars.

I notice with Tangren, they emphasize a lot on playing up their artistes' off-screen personalities and interactions, which do have a BIG impact on how the audience relate to their dramas and characters.

I know you all want to see LSS as feisty, aggressive, independent, tomboy-like etc...I think she was OK in GXYZM as such a character. But I have to admit honestly, I don't think LSS can ACE such characters compared to her counterparts like Ariel Lin, Yang Mi, Sun Li or even the under-rated Jiang Xin. Unless she can ace such roles and blow the audience mind away, I doubt she can be seen as "feisty girl" rather than "gentle girl".

Just a thought that occurred to me.

Aside: Hu Ge's "villain" was totally near F for me in Butterfly Lovers.
    Interesting convo, sorry if I repeat opinions.

I am actually a HUGE Ariel Lin fan haha. I mean that I love her as an actress. And as a human being. AND I think Ariel Lin also does not have an acting back ground and is just working with natural talent. I think personally that Shi Shi's personality is a little bit bland and [I am assuming here] that she seems to be of some privileged. If it's an Ariel vs Shi Shi smack down for ability to portray complexity and overall versatility, IMHO Ariel would KO Shi Shi.

However, if we're talking about overall attractiveness and "cool factor" Shi Shi is 2 or 3 rungs up the ladder over Ariel...because Ariel looks like a little kid haha most of the time. This is why Shi Shi makes a better Yan San Niang, mind you, I also think Jiang Xin's Mu Wan Qing was ULTRA COOL. I hate Yang Mi's feisty characters. All of them. I like her more subdued characters. I can't remember Yang Mi earlier into her career but that probably means that she didn't make an impression on me.

Want to know what I thought about Shi Shi when I first saw her? I hated her. I couldn't stand her dead eyes and terrible speech patterns. I hated her in Young Warrriors. I hated her in Lu Xiao Feng. Well...I didn't hate HER, I hated that she couldn't act. BUT I fell really hard for her in White Snake II as Yi Shuang Shuang. THEN I started to like her MUCH MORE and Yan San Niang. LOL I am actually crossing my fingers in hopes that she won't fail me as RX. I think Ruo Xi as feisty, but not the obnoxious type that Ady's Dong Er in Terracotta Warriors is like. I love ADY, I HATE DONG ER.

PS I just reread my post and found it completely OT to the conversation at hand. I'm sorry, I will come back and try to say something meaningful upon my return from the gym.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 04-18-11 at 06:58 PM.
    I like me.

Video: Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi Public Service Announcement

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-18-11 at 10:55 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/152p1dz.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/os7f5w.jpg')

Ambassador Hu Ge and Liu Shi Shi at the launch site...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/2cn7fxg.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2hwhgkj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/345dcly.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2rwkkrc.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/28sm0k0.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-18-11 at 11:26 PM.