Page 95 of 421 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 8417

Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

I swear I've seen LSS in the same cap before. Anyway, as xiaolong observed earlier, they all like to swap clothes and stuff - like part of the same family. Which means XJN is sister-in-law now . I heart their close friendship

Quote Originally Posted by luv_shi shi View Post
    The girl in the picture is XJN for sure now... Look at these pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/lovenotregret/U4174P28T3D3291294F346DT20110425112251.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e64/lovenotregret/U4174P28T3D3291284F346DT20110425112210.jpg')
    Last edited by munianci; 04-26-11 at 02:02 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by ailinon View Post
    When LSS was 15, Tangren was filming The Book and the Sword (2002), and they went to Beijing Dance Academy to look for potential actresses for the role of Princess Xiangxiang. They noticed LSS then and got her contact info, but thought she looked too young to be paired with Deng Wen Zhuo&s Chen Jialuo. (m glad she wasn;t cast, personally. She;d probably get bashed pretty badly with no acting experience, not to mention most people don;t think she;s that drop-dead gorgeous anyway. And I always found Xiangxiang annoying...) Then they lost contact for a couple of years. A couple of years later, during LSS;s junior year, she went along with a couple of schoolmates who were auditioning for Moon Shadow Wind Lotus, and the director wound up casting her. K saw LSS on TV, remember who she was and got into contact with her again. She was signed by Tangren right out of college as far as I know, can anyone confirm if this is true or not?
    Actually when was Tangren set up? Wasn't Book & Sword filmed when Karen and LGL were still in TVB? I know Kevin Cheng starred in the LGL-directed Legendary Siblings with Jimmy Lin and Alec Su and that was under TVB.

It's interesting that a lot of acting talent agencies scout around Beijing Dance Academy for potential actors and actresses. And it has yielded fab results - LSS (of course), Zhang Ziyi, Li Xiaoran, Li Jie (Ouyang Ke in LOCH08)... For sure ballet dancing is a very disciplined and rigorous form of performance training. But does expression in the body translate well to expression on the face? Hmmm...
    Last edited by munianci; 04-26-11 at 02:01 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Actually when was Tangren set up?
    According to Baidu-1998? http://baike.baidu.com/view/2571673.htm#sub2571673
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-25-11 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Huh? Didn't realise they managed Li Ya Peng before! Somehow I think LGL still had one foot in TVB in the early Tangren years.

Interesting - XJN is about 4 years older than HG. And I think she met him through Johnny Chen while HG was filming Young Warriors? There goes his mom's hopes that he marries a woman scientist.

The rumors that XJN and Hu Ge going out on a date is just a made-up story by the paparazzi. Karen Tsoi had clarified on weibo that they hung out together as friends only. The news that they are dating struck me hard, but now I feel so relieved. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Well, while I'm totally into opposites attract (good girl-bad boy) pairings onscreen, in real life she should be with a kind Guo Jing or upright Li Ge Xiao, rather than a murderous 4th Prince/Yang Kang. I'm fine if HG & LSS date in real life though I don't care about seeing them paired onscreen.
    I am totally agree with you. I am perfectly okay if they are dating in real life and at the same time paring in a series. If Hu Ge is the semi-antagonist of the upcoming series, then you got your favorite formula of bad boy - good girl, right?
    Probably, I am at odd here, but I would like to see them pairing in a series too, even though many people think that they do not have sparkled chemistry together
    Hwaiting for Tian Zhi Hen. Anyone has any news on this series yet? Tangren announced that it will be started filming in April, but now is almost the end of April, and we do even know the cast yet >.<

The rumors that XJN and Hu Ge going out on a date is just a made-up story by the paparazzi. Karen Tsoi had clarified on weibo that they hung out together as friends only. The news that they are dating struck me hard, but now I feel so relieved. LOL.
    Hehehe....now relieved because there's a slight chance that Hu Ge and LSS could be a real couple? Wouldn't that make your fantasy come true

If you said Hu Ge admitted in an interview that he's dating somebody right now (it's unlikely of him to lie), then he probably is. From the picture above, it looks like Hu Ge and XJN took a trip together. And why would it be Karen that clarifies this for him and not Hu Ge himself? My guess is that, Karen wanted Hu Ge to keep his relationship a secret and his status to still be single for popularity purposes. Sorry to burst your bubbles luv_shi shi.....hehehe

The last news I've read of Tian Zhi Hen is that somebody spotted two prop trucks loading at the filming sight, so I think we should hear something soon. Also, I'm curious about the Paladin 5 conference on the April 28th.
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-26-11 at 05:49 PM.

theres going to be a paladin 5?
    whats with them and only filming the odd-numbered paladins? lol

If you said Hu Ge admitted in an interview that he's dating somebody right now (it's unlikely of him to lie), then he probably is. From the picture above, it looks like Hu Ge and XJN took a trip together. And why would it be Karen that clarifies this for him and not Hu Ge himself? My guess is that, Karen wanted Hu Ge to keep his relationship a secret and his status to still be single for popularity purposes. Sorry to burst your bubbles luv_shi shi.....hehehe

The last news I've read of Tian Zhi Hen is that somebody spotted two prop trucks loading at the filming sight, so I think we should hear something soon. Also, I'm curious about the Paladin 5 conference on the April 28th.
    I'm not even sure now about the news that whether did announce that he is dating or not. I think that one newspaper had made things up. And I heard that Tangren wanted to sue that newspaper. Anyway, all of these are just rumors
    Well...it would be nice if LSS and Hu Ge become a couple in real life, but I will be satisfied if they pair up in this upcoming drama

I don't think Tian Zhi Hen is Chinese Paladin 5 though b/c there is no CP 4 yet, I think. By the way, CP is a product of a Taiwanese company - Softstar Entertainment.
    More info on Xuanyuan Jian: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuanyuan_Jian

According to one of my friends, the game Tian Zhi Hen does not even have a happy ending: there are 2 endings:
    1. Tuoba Yu'er (拓拔玉兒) died and Chen Jingchou ((陳靖仇)),lost all the memories about her; Yu Xiaoxue (于小雪) will just stay beside him to take care of him...
    2. Yu Xiaoxue found the cure for Tuoba Y'er to be revived. And after giving her blessings to Tuoba and Jingchou, she turned into a rock. 600 years later, next to the tomb of Tuoba and Jingchou, people see a white-haired girl who is Xiaoxue.

I hope Tangren will change the ending, both of the above sound depressed to me. And it seems like Xiaoxue will be the one who has the unrequited love towards Jingchou. Ugh, I heard many rumors on baidu that LSS might act as Xiaoxue By the way, Xiaoxue's personality is similar to many of LSS's roles before: meek, gentle, willing to sacrifice, modest,...

According to one of my friends, the game Tian Zhi Hen does not even have a happy ending: there are 2 endings:
    1. Tuoba Yu'er died and Chen Jingchou lost all the memories about her; Yu Xiaoxue will just stay beside him to take care of him...
    2. Yu Xiaoxue found the cure for Tuoba Y'er to be revived. And after giving her blessings to Tuoba and Jingchou, she turned into a rock. 600 years later, next to the tomb of Tuoba and Jingchou, people see a white-haired girl who is Xiaoxue.

I hope Tangren will change the ending, both of the above sound depressed to me. And it seems like Xiaoxue will be the one who has the unrequited love towards Jingchou. Ugh, I heard many rumors on baidu that LSS might act as Xiaoxue By the way, Xiaoxue's personality is similar to many of LSS's roles before: meek, gentle, willing to sacrifice, modest,...
    No.1 ending sounds exactly like LongKui and No.2 exactly ending sounds like Qiao'Er (the role she rejected in TYZN). Hopefully she will ask for Tuoba Yu'Er and we will see more emphasis on that role.

As I said in BBJX's thread, I love to see candid sneak pics taken of the artistes caught unaware as they are at their most natural. Such photos are most genuine and notice they aren't broadcast from official channels, e.g. Yanfei's BBJX BTS pics weren't broadcast from Tangren's official channels. HG and XJN look pretty cosy with one another in those sneak pics and her wearing LSS' hat means she's firm sister-in-law status . Notice Tangren chose to ignore HG-XJN's sneak airport pics and went on to do their PR elsewhere.
    Last edited by munianci; 04-27-11 at 02:05 AM.

^^The storyline sounds so much like CP1

Looks like Zhang Han can be crossed out as a rumored male lead in TZH, he is starting an ancient drama called "Phoenix" just booted today. Gosh I hope it's not going to be Lin Geng Xin(rumuored).

Gosh I hope it's not going to be Lin Geng Xin(rumuored).
    oh, me too! id take HG over him.
    but i thought you liked him xiao xiao? lol

^^Actually I am neutral about Lin Geng Xin. Haven't seen him enough to like or dislike him.

Howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....anybody know this guy? Jiang Jin Fu? Rumored to star in TZH as Chen Jing Chou?
    昨天小新的围脖大家都看到了撒,估计就这几天了,轩辕剑要开工了。
    据称是靠谱的爆料...陈靖仇蒋劲夫,拓跋玉儿诗诗,宇文大人老胡
    蒋劲夫诗诗小新都在横店开始培训了~
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/1zwp1kk.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2irqm50.jpg')

And Chinesechik, no need to Thank me for the shirtless pictures....
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-27-11 at 11:26 PM.

Hm...very nice. He looks almost like a young and bewildered Lu Yi.
    I like me.

^^He does huh???!! He still have a baby face (innocent looking), but yet his body is all man...LOL
    He's quite young...only 19, turning 20 in September
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 04-27-11 at 11:37 PM.

Oh my... I was speechless after looking at those two pics He is indeed very cute and... has a great body built and too young I have a weak spot for cuteness ^^
    Tangren is trying something new this time, huh? But I still want a Hu Ge - LSS pairing ^^
    By the way, I think Lin Geng Xin is kinda of "adorable" in BBJX, his character - the 14th prince has a very touching, distinguished and deep love towards Ruoxi but it's never returned. However, I would not want him for the male lead in TZH though, still prefer Hu Ge ~~~~~

On LSS's baidu wiki: http://baike.baidu.com/view/442490.htm#sub442490, did it say LSS signed with Tangren in 2007? If so, then she signed with Tangren after Yang Warriors (2006), and LOCH (which started filming in beginning of 2006) right?
    Yes, it says she signed her official contract with TR in January of 2007, after LOCH started filming and before Fairies of Liao Zhai. Thanks for correcting me on the timeline. I guess it only makes sense that they’d want to see her act in a couple of their productions first before signing her.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong
    Actually, looks to me that Karen likes to work with people who are down-to-earth, honest and simple in personality - the very attribute that got a lot of us, e.g. LXX, such big fans of LSS. I feel HG, Wallace Huo, Ma Tianyu and (maybe) Kevin Cheng are pretty similar in temperament to LSS. They also have the same kind of innocent look as her (not Kevin though). In fact, it's YH whose personality is completely different from LSS - re Mookie's rabid blog postings about YH's tweets. I mean calling Karen "huang hou niang niang"?!! Just as well he's left.
    Re: HG and YH: Their styles/senses of humor are def. very different. Both are witty and charming, but YH has much more of a sly wicked edge where HG is more wholesome, like that sweet smart 學長 (upperclassman) you’ve always had a crush on in school. I was referring to their attitudes toward fame rather—don’t think anyone who’s into getting famous through hype/rumors would have stayed for so long at Tangren (well known for the uselessness of their publicity department), especially not as the red-headed stepchild as YH was for much of his tenure there.

Lol, do you have the link to mookie’s post on that specific tweet? I’d like to see that…
    I like her analysis of LSS’s personality here (in a conversation about why LSS let all the weibo world ID her McD breakfast with Lao Yuan):
    Quote Originally Posted by mookiehyun
    What I like about LSS the person is how she can be gutsy and speaks her mind. Although she adores LB and is in many ways her pet, she still do things (eg weiboing) her way. She's careful and I can totally picture her as one of those model students with no booboo on record EVER...not because she can't act out, but because she genuinely doesn't wanna.
    So if u r asking me did she really underestimate, NO FREAKING WAY!! haha but she can care less to hide her close relationship with Lao Yuan.
    …Which is why I’m not surprised that she’s close to YH and YM (not a YM fan, but I think their friendship is really cute). She’s a “good girl” for sure, but not a little miss goody two shoes who doesn’t want to be seen with the “rebels.”

Quote Originally Posted by munianci
    It's interesting that a lot of acting talent agencies scout around Beijing Dance Academy for potential actors and actresses. And it has yielded fab results - LSS (of course), Zhang Ziyi, Li Xiaoran, Li Jie (Ouyang Ke in LOCH08)... For sure ballet dancing is a very disciplined and rigorous form of performance training. But does expression in the body translate well to expression on the face? Hmmm...
    Dance training definitely gives you an advantage when it comes to doing wuxia dramas, at least (also ancient series with dance scenes). But of course it’s not the same as getting trained for how to say your lines in front of a camera, be naturalistic etc.
    Re: the Beijing Dance Academy: the ballet program is supposedly the most difficult to get into there, because the physical requirements are the most stringent, compared to other programs like Chinese classical or ethnic dance.
    Last edited by ailinon; 05-07-11 at 12:57 AM.

Out of curiousity ailinon, I'm assuming you started liking LSS because of her character as Mu Nianci, however, her acting was still pretty raw. What about her or at what point did you really really like her (I think I asked this of everybody! LOL)? Oh, and are you following her in BBJX also?
    Well, compared to most here (I’m guessing), I didn’t have much contact with Asian popular culture growing up, besides books. The most famous names were known to me thanks to the newspaper, but I can prob. count the number of C-dramas I watched through on one hand. It was really thanks to the availability of the Chinese internet that I became more aware of the industry. The Mu Nianci pic I stumbled across around 2006/7, I think, on a thread about the new adaptation of LOCH (am a Jin Yong fan, so was interested).

As I said, I very rarely like an actor just from pictures, and to be honest, my aesthetics are probably different from the mainstream on the mainland. I never grew up with anime/gaming characters, for example, so the huge eyes+high nose+pointy chin+skinny body+big boobs standard today isn’t my preferred thing, though I’ve since learned to understand better what people look for. Speaking personally, it matters much more to me whether the actor's face/body is in proportion/harmony and balanced--e.g. where your features are placed on your face and in relation to each other (what is referred to as 三停五眼 in Chinese)--than what shapes or sizes the features themselves are: how tall you are, how high your nose etc.
    But the actors I’ve always preferred are those whose 氣質 I find unique, whether they’re considered conventionally beautiful or not. Among Chinese actresses, I love Gong Li, Cherie Chung and Joey Wong, all considered to have imperfect features. The "flower vase" types like Michelle Reis and Rosamund Kwan hold less attraction for me, though I acknowledge their physical perfection.

I remembered LSS from that thread, but I didn’t immediately seek out info about her or videos of her dramas—I couldn’t have, really, being unaware of the existence of Tudou/Sina videos at the time (were you around on Youtube then Xiao Xiao? ). I did start to notice when her name started popping up occasionally on forums, and when word spread about her role as Xin Shisi Niang, I finally became curious enough to check it out (this was around 2008 I think). So you can say that it was for Xin Shisi Niang that I started really liking her, but I think it was a “first sight” thing really… I knew I’d like her from the picture, and I’m glad what I’ve learned about her since has only made me like her more.
    What do I like the most about her? She seems sweet, genuine and unaffected, the kind of person I'd like to know in real life. Basically, what everyone else has said already. It's funny because while I don't think she's the most gorgeous person to come along in the entertainment industry, and can in fact look plain at times, I never get tired of looking at her (not the same for many people who are more beautiful). It makes me happy for some reason--the Japanese call this quality 治愈系, I think.

That said, I’m probably the least qualified fan on here based on how many of her dramas I’ve actually seen. Of everything she’s acted in, I’ve only watched the Liao Zhai chapter and Strange Hero completely through, and all the scenes from Clothing the World with the princess and the general. ROCH08 and Yang Warriors I've seen parts of here and there, and CP3 I haven’t seen at all (as I’ve said, I don’t really “get” the video gaming aesthetic). I’m still deciding whether to watch Tian Zhi Hen or not, depending on if the costumes look better than those in CP3. Bu Bu the novel I liked, so I’m def. looking forward to that. I'm also hoping we get to see The Next Miracle soon, because I'd love to see her act in modern/realistic dramas rather than just ancient idol-type series.
    Last edited by ailinon; 04-30-11 at 12:55 AM.

Dance training definitely gives you an advantage when it comes to doing wuxia dramas, at least (also ancient series with dance scenes). But of course it’s not the same as getting trained for how to say your lines in front of a camera, be naturalistic etc.
    Re: the Beijing Dance Academy: the ballet program is supposedly the most difficult to get into there, because the physical requirements are the most stringent, compared to other programs like Chinese classical or ethnic dance.
    I notice LSS shares quite a bit of similarities with Zhang Ziyi, Li Xiaoran and Sun Fei Fei in body shape - long, thin, light and airy. Yeah, LSS' body is tailor-made for wuxia, e.g. like Zhang Ziyi who gained world-wide fame with her solid ballet-wuxia moves in Crouching Tiger. Even though everyone seems wowed by Michelle Yeoh's wuxia moves, I see a lot more gracefulness in LSS and ZZY. And it's nothing to do with age. However, I didn't think Tangren had showcased much of LSS' ballet talent in LOCH08 or even Strange Hero, compared to ZZY whose wuxia moves were absolutely breath-taking in Crouching Tiger, Hero and House of Daggers.

To tell you the truth, when I first saw LOCH08, I first noticed her scowl!! Hence I initially didn't think of LSS as quietly beautiful like Shui Ling's MNC. My first thought was teenage youth (the first ever time MNC looked the right age) and the scowl (ZZY in Crouching Tiger came to mind)! In fact, I thought with a scowl like that, she can act wilful or tough (surprising right?). But then came the 2nd WTF part of LOCH08...then other meek, mild roles...

Lol, do you have the link to mookie’s post on that specific tweet? I’d like to see that…
    Credit to Mookiehyun:
    2010-1-29: 用我的手机上围脖,突然发现某人的名字显示好像有问题,用公主的手机翻拍下来,但她不敢发,怕皇后娘娘“侬 颜大怒”,于是这高危的任务又一次历史性地落在 末将肩上。本着牺牲我一个娱乐千万家的态度,娘娘,咱们豁出去了!
    I was using my phone to tweet, suddenly I found someone's name is displayed oddly, I then used Princess' phone to take a snapshot, but she's not brave enough to post, scared that Queen Mother can't contain her fury. Therefore, this highly hazardous endeavor has fallen again in to this tiny general's lap. I'm giving myself up to provide entertainment for the netizens! *lady boss Karen Choi's name is missing a character when displayed on YH's phone, now her name sounds exactly like 'vegetable farmer'*
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/2iswqc0.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 04-28-11 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I was using my phone to tweet, suddenly I found someone's name is displayed oddly, I then used Princess' phone to take a snapshot, but she's not brave enough to post, scared that Queen Mother can't contain her fury. Therefore, this highly hazardous endeavor has fallen again in to this tiny general's lap. I'm giving myself up to provide entertainment for the netizens! *lady boss Karen Choi's name is missing a character when displayed on YH's phone, now her name sounds exactly like 'vegetable farmer'*
    Oh heck, the original missing character really isn't that big of a deal (I thought it was something much ruder). The commentary, on the other hand...

To tell you the truth, when I first saw LOCH08, I first noticed her scowl!! Hence I didn't think think of LSS as quietly beautiful like Shui Ling's MNC. In fact, I thought with a scowl like that, she can act wilful or tough (yeah, surprising right?).
    So you see what I'm saying about the straight stubborn side of her 氣質, right? Tell me I'm not the only one who saw this from the beginning...

I notice LSS shares quite a bit of similarities with Zhang Ziyi, Li Xiaoran and Sun Fei Fei in body shape - long, thin, light and airy. Yeah, LSS' body is tailor-made for wuxia, e.g. like Zhang Ziyi who gained world-wide fame with her solid ballet-wuxia moves in Crouching Tiger. Even though everyone seems wowed by Michelle Yeoh's wuxia moves, I see a lot more gracefulness in LSS and ZZY. And it's nothing to do with age. However, I didn't think Tangren had showcased much of LSS' ballet talent in LOCH08 or even Strange Hero, compared to ZZY whose wuxia moves were absolutely breath-taking in Crouching Tiger, Hero and House of Daggers.
    The ironic thing is, Michelle Yeoh was trained as a ballet dancer in England (she turned to acting after injury ended her hopes at a career), while ZZY was enrolled in Beijing Dance Academy's high school(北京舞蹈學院附中)'s ethnic dance program, before going onto drama school for university. I agree that she's impressive in her fights in the above mentioned movies, due to her light and airy body type as you described (def. prettier than MY, though I think the latter is more solid), but--don't kill me for saying this--I reserve my opinions about her dancing. Here's a video of her performing The Golden Peacock (Dai ethnic dance) at a competition:

She took honorable mention here, not a bad record to be sure, but I much prefer Yang Liping's (legendary Dai dancer and choreographer who played Mei Chaofeng in ZJZ's LOCH) version:

There were two water sleeve dance sequences in House of Flying Daggers. ZZY did most of the first (the "Beauty Song"), but the second (the "Echo Game," with the drums) were mostly done by her double Wang Yabin, one of the most eminent classical dancers in China. It always pissed me off that the latter's work for this movie went unmentioned in most publicity related to this movie. Here's a video of Miss Wang improvising to the music in a bts clip, one of my favourite things on all of Youtube:

Apologies for spamming the thread with something that has nothing to do with LSS...
    Last edited by ailinon; 05-01-11 at 10:26 PM.

So you see what I'm saying about the straight stubborn side of her 氣質, right? Tell me I'm not the only one who saw this from the beginning...
    I'm with you on that. As I said, I'm not a stringent Jin Yong purist and open to creative adaptations. I thought LSS' acting in LOCh08's bi wu zhao qin sequence was actually pretty original. All the other MNC actresses just acted hurt and victimized (yes, I've seen all versions of LOCH on repeat, even the little known 1988 Taiwanese version - I'm that rabid). But LSS acted indignant, angry, looked like she was cussing at him under her breath - that's a fresh angle she had brought to the character. It was actually her meek parts that were wooden. Then the later part of MNC was *face palm* &*^%%$ - I cursed Tangren repeatedly over this...up to now!
    Last edited by munianci; 04-28-11 at 09:47 AM.