Page 51 of 421 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 8417

Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    Frankly, I found Qiao Er and all the weaver hens v.boring. And the first 10 episodes (and the next 10 too!) are all about them. The series only picked up from Ep 24 when General/Princess started travelling together. If they cut out Qiao Er and only concentrated on General/Princess, I'll bet it would've been 100x more interesting
    Ah thanks for letting me know what episodes the general and the princess both travel together. maybe if i'm motivated enough to watch a liu shi shi drama i'll probably try to watch clothing the world from episode 24.

And for liu shi shi's next project...gosh. i want to see her in a modern action film or a ancient action film. i sure hope she'll get the chance to do film and be on the big screen. co-starring with either donnie yen, jackie chan, jet li, daniel wu, andy lau, etc... that will be awesome.

OMG i have to say Episode 24 is so sooooooooo impressive
    as a male i almost cry over it
    Yang Mi+Liu Shi Shi
    =Mi+SS
    =Miss

Quote Originally Posted by nan345 View Post
    And for liu shi shi's next project...gosh. i want to see her in a modern action film or a ancient action film. i sure hope she'll get the chance to do film and be on the big screen. co-starring with either donnie yen, jackie chan, jet li, daniel wu, andy lau, etc... that will be awesome.
    That might be a double-edged sword. I don't think Jackie & Jet's Forbidden Kingdom did any good to LYF. There was so much hype about LYF making it big in Hollywood, but after Forbidden Kingdom...

According to Chinese Wiki and Baidu, Mu Nianci (however annoying the character) was LSS' breakthrough role. After LOCH2008, Zhang Ji Zhong immediately cast her as "huang shan nu zi" (yellow dress maiden) - direct descendent of Mu Nianci (and also of LYF's Xiao Long Nu). Even though her role only had 30 min in HSDS2009, she's on ALL the HSDS2009 promotional ads, news and DVD covers. You'd think Yellow Dress Maiden was one of the main characters of HSDS2009

Now with Tian Ya Zhi Nu, everybody I know only watches it from Ep 24 onwards when LSS starts traveling around with YH. That goes to show you how much screen presence she has, even though beauty-wise, she's not considered the best and her acting skills still have a long way to go.

I agree. I felt so cheated that she appeared in only 1 episode of HSDS2009 when her Yellow Dress Maiden was prominently featured in ALL HSDS publicity. But even with that miniscule role, she upstages the main characters. That said, hers was the only Yellow Dress Maiden in the history of HSDS adaptations which is so remembered by the audiences and media.

Well, Jackie's The Myth did a lot of good for Hu Ge. It upped his price tag to RMB120K per episode for any TV series. Now Hu Ge's landed a major role in 辛亥革命 alongside Jackie Chan, Winston Chao, Zhang Ziyi, Li Bing Bing - it's this MAJOR Mainland govt-funded movie about the 1911 Revolution.

Let's just hope LSS won't do Maggie Q-type idiot roles just for the sake of being in a Hollywood production, however crappy it is.
    Last edited by yangjia; 09-02-10 at 01:19 AM.

120,000 rmb is that around 17,000 usa dollars?
    i remember in my date with a vampire, some of the actors,actress got like 20-30k usa dollar.
    i think it said that gigi lai got like 100k usa dollars per ep or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    120,000 rmb is that around 17,000 usa dollars?
    i remember in my date with a vampire, some of the actors,actress got like 20-30k usa dollar.
    i think it said that gigi lai got like 100k usa dollars per ep or something.
    Well, one is China and the other is Hong Kong. They most probably have different price ratings.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Smile

Wow, I haven't visited this thread for a while and wham! There are tons of new postings! It took me a while to catch up on all the postings, but finally I have reached the last post!

There is one thing I must get off my chest first... And please do excuse the off topic subject, but I must say something about the pictures of Peter Ho's body that ChineseChik525 posted. I didn't realize that guy was hiding that well toned body under his clothes. If I did, I would pay less attention to his bad hair. Ok, that's all I have to say. Hahaha! Now, I wonder what Wallace Chung's body looks like... Anybody has recent naked torso pics of Wallace Chung???

Ok, one more off topic thing... Liu Xiao Xiao, I sort of guessed you were a Noel Leung fan. It seems like spcnet forum is filled with her fans. I remember, a few years back, I came across this site called the Siu Bing Library, which was filled with many fanfics starring Noel. I read one such story which also costarred Annie Man and Gilbert Lam, since they were my favorite couple at the time. In fact, that story, along with another unfinished story of Annie and Gilbert called Legend of the Wind, were the only ones I could find on Annie and Gilbert. When I couldn't find anymore fanfics on my favorite couple, I decided to brave criticism and boos to start my own story on this couple. Anyway, I personally think Noel is a good actress, not the most beautiful actress, but pretty. I liked her enough but was never a fan of hers. I don't see her act anymore. Wonder what happened to her.

Now, onto LSS stuff! What?! Ma Tianyu is gay?? And here I am thinking LSS and Ma Tianyu make a cute couple in off screen clips posted here. And Yuan Hong has a girlfriend?? Well, I'm happy for the guy, but I truly thought LSS and Yuan Hong had great chemistry onscreen as Mu Nianci and Yang Kang and off screen while promoting LOCH 2008. Oh, well.

I started watching a random clip of the weaving drama LSS costarred in, the part when the Princess was traveling around with the general. It's pretty good. I fast forwarded through all the weaver girl parts and only watched the princess part. The weaver girl parts seemed pretty boring. I can see why LSS bypassed the lead female role and took the Princess role instead.

Here's a MV I found on Mu Nianci, Yang Kang, and Ouyang Ke.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/CeXGH7SqKjg/

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Wow, I haven't visited this thread for a while and wham! There are tons of new postings! It took me a while to catch up on all the postings, but finally I have reached the last post!

There is one thing I must get off my chest first... And please do excuse the off topic subject, but I must say something about the pictures of Peter Ho's body that ChineseChik525 posted. I didn't realize that guy was hiding that well toned body under his clothes. If I did, I would pay less attention to his bad hair. Ok, that's all I have to say. Hahaha! Now, I wonder what Wallace Chung's body looks like... Anybody has recent naked torso pics of Wallace Chung???

Now, onto LSS stuff! What?! Ma Tianyu is gay?? And here I am thinking LSS and Ma Tianyu make a cute couple in off screen clips posted here.
    mel you're back!! haha i was wondering where you ran off to for so long
    and yes, i am glad you appreciate my peter posts but unfortunately i could not find any pictures of wallace shirtless. although i can totally picture him with a hot body too - it just seems like it would fit, you know? hahaha

yeah, i thought LSS and ma tianyu made a cute couple too - especially with all the interaction they seemed to have! but i guess LSS chose him as her new best friend for a reason, huh?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    mel you're back!! haha i was wondering where you ran off to for so long
    and yes, i am glad you appreciate my peter posts but unfortunately i could not find any pictures of wallace shirtless. although i can totally picture him with a hot body too - it just seems like it would fit, you know? hahaha

yeah, i thought LSS and ma tianyu made a cute couple too - especially with all the interaction they seemed to have! but i guess LSS chose him as her new best friend for a reason, huh?
    Oh, I tend to pop in and out unexpectedly. That's my trademark. But if you're really curious about where I went, I went to Germany. Check out the last page of my story thread. I wrote a short paragraph about my trip. I'm too lazy to re-post it here.

But wait, wait! I just found some sort of naked torso pics of Wallace Chung! And he looks pretty good to me! I actually don't like too overemphasized muscles on men. I prefer a reasonably well toned body, and Wallace Chung's looks just about right to me. Check out his biceps in the first picture.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ttbz8.com/%E6%98%8E%E6%98%9F%E5%A3%81%E7%BA%B8/%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E7%94%B7%E6%98%8E%E6%98%9F/%E9%92%9F%E6%B1%89%E8%89%AF/1280x1024/%E9%92%9F%E6%B1%89%E8%89%AF_003.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://muare1.vcmedia.vn/images/48/Wallace-Chung-04_1278586225.jpg')

Ok, ok, sorry for going off topic. If I were LSS, I would probably find a guy who is not an actor for a boyfriend. It's less complicated that way.

If I were LSS, I would probably find a guy who is not an actor for a boyfriend. It's less complicated that way.
    Most actors/actresses seem to date people outside of the entertainment circle. In fact, even in other companies, most people prefer not to date someone within the same company. Can you imagine if LSS dated YH or HG and then had a terrible break-up Mighty weird to see each other on a daily basis, not to mention act as lovers. That's why they keep each other at a distance emotionally. All of Hu Ge's girlfriends have been non-actresses.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 09-04-10 at 02:26 PM.

OH. MY...
    who knew wallace was hiding that body under all those clothes (though i probably shouldve guessed...)?! ahaha mel, where oh where did you find these???? i love you hehehe

I truly thought LSS and Yuan Hong had great chemistry onscreen as Mu Nianci and Yang Kang and off screen while promoting LOCH 2008.
    Screw the constant fan-made YH/LSS pairings. The best ever pairing is YH/HG!!! See their near kiss in the photo below. Karen Cai in front looks sad because she's furthest away from the hot YH/HG action at the back.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img830/2915/yhhgk.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    Screw the constant fan-made YH/LSS pairings. The best ever pairing is YH/HG!!! See their near kiss in the photo below. Karen Cai in front looks sad because she's furthest away from the hot YH/HG action at the back.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://a.imageshack.us/img830/2915/yhhgk.jpg')
    HAHAHAHAHA i love this picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Lin Jianyu was considered cuter than LSS that's how she got the princess part? LSS may not be pretty at first glance, but if you look closely and the more you look, she have more charm than the princess(my opinion). Actually, never thought Lin Jianyu was pretty nor cute. Have any idea why she left Tangren? I wonder if she regret leaving, since she practically disappeared and the Tangren artists are getting more well-known now.
    If I'm not mistaken, Lin Jiayu is with China's largest entertainment group Huayi Brothers, but I haven't seen her in any production by Zhang Ji Zhong who is contracted to Huayi. Considering the fact that Zhang Ji Zhong seldom casts actors outside of Huayi's circle (much less Tangren) but yet handpicked Liu Shi Shi to be Yellow Dress Maiden in HSDS2009, it must say a lot about her onscreen presence.

Quote Originally Posted by yangjia View Post
    The best ever pairing is YH/HG!!!
    Won't it be cool to see YH & HG act as a couple in a Brokeback Mountain kinda movie?

I've just finished Tian Ya Zhi Nu on YouTube. Much as I like Liu Shi Shi, it's too much of a hen party for me. Recent Chinese reports said it's a big hit in China among women. But too much oestrogen for my taste.
    http://ent.ynet.com/view.jsp?oid=69151271

Quote Originally Posted by aloysius View Post
    I've just finished Tian Ya Zhi Nu on YouTube. Much as I like Liu Shi Shi, it's too much of a hen party for me. Recent Chinese reports said it's a big hit in China among women. But too much oestrogen for my taste.
    http://ent.ynet.com/view.jsp?oid=69151271
    It's a chick flick lah, that's why women like it. Sex And The City without the sex. Steel Magnolias, Thelma and Louise, The Joy Luck Club... Yeah it's soooo Joy Luck Club.

Movies and TV shows about gal power/gal bonding that women love, men don't get it. It's a Mars versus Venus thing.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 09-08-10 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nan345 View Post
    It's probably an actor/actress's dream to be on the big screen especially with big giants named above, but for some reason I'd rather see her in drama series. Don't know why..hehehe maybe it's because you get to see her in 30+ episodes versus a 2 hour movie...

I agree. I felt so cheated that she appeared in only 1 episode of HSDS2009 when her Yellow Dress Maiden was prominently featured in ALL HSDS publicity. But even with that miniscule role, she upstages the main characters. That said, hers was the only Yellow Dress Maiden in the history of HSDS adaptations which is so remembered by the audiences and media.
    That is sooooooooooooo true...her yellow maiden was much talked about, as compared to previous ones in that role. The prettiest and most elegant one. But then again it's ZJZ's production, he usually makes his character's extravagant.

Ok, one more off topic thing... Liu Xiao Xiao, I sort of guessed you were a Noel Leung fan. It seems like spcnet forum is filled with her fans. I remember, a few years back, I came across this site called the Siu Bing Library, which was filled with many fanfics starring Noel. I read one such story which also costarred Annie Man and Gilbert Lam, since they were my favorite couple at the time. In fact, that story, along with another unfinished story of Annie and Gilbert called Legend of the Wind, were the only ones I could find on Annie and Gilbert. When I couldn't find anymore fanfics on my favorite couple, I decided to brave criticism and boos to start my own story on this couple. Anyway, I personally think Noel is a good actress, not the most beautiful actress, but pretty. I liked her enough but was never a fan of hers. I don't see her act anymore. Wonder what happened to her.

Now, onto LSS stuff! What?! Ma Tianyu is gay?? And here I am thinking LSS and Ma Tianyu make a cute couple in off screen clips posted here. And Yuan Hong has a girlfriend?? Well, I'm happy for the guy, but I truly thought LSS and Yuan Hong had great chemistry onscreen as Mu Nianci and Yang Kang and off screen while promoting LOCH 2008. Oh, well.
    Yep, Noel Leung was my favorite actress and I would search high and low for her fanfiction. I visited the same sites as you did, until it went down I think. After I have no more to read, and no more series made by Noel, I needed another actress to hound and I stumble onto Yang Kang and discovered Mu Nianci. Surprisingly, Yuan Hong was the one that caught my attention as Yang Kang. Didn't think much of Mu Nianci (didn't even know who played that role during that time..hehehe). Until I saw behind the scene clips of them two, and saw how cute LSS's personality was...and that was how I liked her!!

But wait, wait! I just found some sort of naked torso pics of Wallace Chung! And he looks pretty good to me! I actually don't like too overemphasized muscles on men. I prefer a reasonably well toned body, and Wallace Chung's looks just about right to me. Check out his biceps in the first picture.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/zkmulv.jpg')
    Errr...ummm...hmmm....LIKE Yummmm!!!! I didn't know you had to go all the way to Germany to give us this delicious souvenir...hehehe. Dangggggggggggg......so hot in here...LOL!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sisyphus View Post
    And Ma Tianyu.....well there's no doubt that he becomes very good friends with LSS but he is acturally gay (didn't come out) so they will be just close friends
    Can I pretend not to read or heard of this yet???...hehehe. Sorry can't help it, they just looked so darn cute together behind the scenes!!!! Even heard rumors they might cooperate again!

If I'm not mistaken, Lin Jiayu is with China's largest entertainment group Huayi Brothers, but I haven't seen her in any production by Zhang Ji Zhong who is contracted to Huayi. Considering the fact that Zhang Ji Zhong seldom casts actors outside of Huayi's circle (much less Tangren) but yet handpicked Liu Shi Shi to be Yellow Dress Maiden in HSDS2009, it must say a lot about her onscreen presence.
    I haven't seen or heard much of her, maybe that's the downfall of going to such a big company. There are so many big names in that company, so the chance to shine are pretty slim I would think. Hope LSS stays with Tangren.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Won't it be cool to see YH & HG act as a couple in a Brokeback Mountain kinda movie?
    Hiyaa....please don't make me even imagine such an image...hehehe

I've just finished Tian Ya Zhi Nu on YouTube. Much as I like Liu Shi Shi, it's too much of a hen party for me.
    Depends on individual preference on their type of series, but I very much agree. Even if LSS decided to take the role of Qiao Er and have more screentime, just not my type of series to sit through it. For me, I think I would enjoy the series more if the focus was on the last princess(not necessarily because of LSS), from being a princess to a bandit, from being spoiled to a matured woman......

Strange Hero
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2jbti6v.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/1585zx2.jpg')

Source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2010-09-07/15493079159.shtml

From the article above, does it sound like Ma Tianyu and LSS will cooperate in another series together

Music Videos
    Wallace Chung, Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi ~ The Phantom Of The Opera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JN2zsI39JI

Edwn Siu(Fang Ning) and LSS (princess Jiayi): In episode 10, I thought these two would actually like each other..hehehe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-NTjUhWLok
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 09-09-10 at 08:41 PM.

It's probably an actor/actress's dream to be on the big screen especially with big giants named above, but for some reason I'd rather see her in drama series. Don't know why..hehehe maybe it's because you get to see her in 30+ episodes versus a 2 hour movie...
    Her beloved Ge Ge is up there now, filming this major state-backed big screen movie 辛亥革命 with giants like Jackie Chan, Winston Chao, Zhang Ziyi and Li Bing Bing. It's a matter of time - she's 14 years younger than Li Bing Bing and Zhang Ziyi is getting way over-used. But when it comes, I hope Karen chooses the script carefully for her. I cringed when I saw my 1990s favourite actress Charlie Young in the cheesy Bangkok Dangerous.

TV alone can be a great career. Look at Michelle Yim - she's a v.well respected HK cultural icon.

For me, I think I would enjoy the series more if the focus was on the last princess(not necessarily because of LSS), from being a princess to a bandit, from being spoiled to a matured woman......
    You might like shows about Princess Chang Ping, the last princess of Ming. But she didn't manage to escape after her family was killed. Her arm was severed by her father the emperor in anguish before he died and she was forced to marry a Qing official/Ming traitor, but died one year into the marriage anyway. There are many versions of this story and about her fate. She's also a character in Jin Yong's Sword Stained With Royal Blood and The Deer And The Cauldron.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 09-09-10 at 03:25 AM.