Page 75 of 421 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 8417

Thread: Liu Shi Shi 刘诗诗

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    But guys probably find LSS too raw (i.e. untouchable) and prefer experienced types. The fact that Wallace & Peter (and soon YH) are much closer to Ruby than LSS in real life says it all.
    Hmmmmmm....seeing how friendly and likeable LSS is behind the scene there shouldn't be a problem with her getting along with anybody, and I think she's far from being untouchable according to the BTS pictures. She just click and have more in common with actor/actresses around her own age (Ma Tianyu and Yang Mi as evidence), same goes for Ruby. Ruby and Peter are a decade older than LSS, and Wallace is 8 years older. It's only natural you click with your own generation....my opinion

^Yep, I agree with you about the age thing.
    Untouchable is LYF, who had no-kiss contracts for the longest time. In LOCH08, LSS cried (first kisses are important things!), but she didn't object to the kiss.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    ^Yep, I agree with you about the age thing.
    Untouchable is LYF, who had no-kiss contracts for the longest time. In LOCH08, LSS cried (first kisses are important things!), but she didn't object to the kiss.
    lol. that's funny. she did end up kissing wang leehom in love contract though.
    although that was another example of two extremely attractive people put as a couple with no chemsitry such a shame...

Yep, and she also kissed the American boy in The Forbidden Kingdom, although that scene didn't make it to the movie. I heard that she was kissed on the lips by HXM in ROCH06 in the scene at Passionless Valley when he was only supposed to kiss her on the cheek. He did it by accident (or he just wanted to kiss the pretty girl, lol) but they re-did the scene properly so we don't get to see the kiss. A picture of the kiss was accidentally given to the media (wow, so many accidents!) and you can actually see their mouths touch.
    There's a lot of people who LYF doesn't seem to have chemistry with, and she's had very good luck with costars. Her luck isn't as good as Tang Yan's though...hmph!
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Yep, and she also kissed the American boy in The Forbidden Kingdom, although that scene didn't make it to the movie. I heard that she was kissed on the lips by HXM in ROCH06 in the scene at Passionless Valley when he was only supposed to kiss her on the cheek. He did it by accident (or he just wanted to kiss the pretty girl, lol) but they re-did the scene properly so we don't get to see the kiss. A picture of the kiss was accidentally given to the media (wow, so many accidents!) and you can actually see their mouths touch.
    There's a lot of people who LYF doesn't seem to have chemistry with, and she's had very good luck with costars. Her luck isn't as good as Tang Yan's though...hmph!
    Tang Yan deserves it so much more though, and she and Wallace were STELLAR together.
    But LYF was like 18 in ROCH, so the no kiss thing is SLIGHTLY more reasonable. How old was LSS in LOCH?
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

When they started filming, she was 18 (19 in Chinese age). I don't know how old she was when they did the kissing scene though.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

When they started filming, she was 18 (19 in Chinese age). I don't know how old she was when they did the kissing scene though.
    For LOCH08, they started filming in 2006 before Hu Ge had the accident. LSS was just 19 and a new, unknown actress so she didn't work while waiting for Hu Ge's recovery. Yuan Hong also didn't work to take care of Hu Ge. Ariel Lin went back to Taiwan to do other things. Hu Ge recovered around first half of 2007 but they had to wait till Ariel finished filming It Started With A Kiss sequel before they could resume LOCH. They also had to replace the Hong Qigong actor (previous actor resigned bcos of the delay) and re-film some of his scenes. I read that LSS' first kissing scene, which made her cry, was filmed in 2006 (when she was 19). The intense kissing scenes were filmed in 2007 when she was already 20. In one interview I read, the last two kissing scenes really tested the "mo qi" (默契 - mutual understanding) between the two of them (YH & LSS).

The losses incurred from Hu Ge's accident nearly got Tangren bankrupt. They only really recovered financially after CP3. I remember reading about all these on Karen's weibo when she recounted all these incidents after TYZN was sold to Zhejiang Satellite TV.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lol. that's funny. she did end up kissing wang leehom in love contract though.
    although that was another example of two extremely attractive people put as a couple with no chemsitry such a shame...
    Actually, I dun know why, I always thought LYF had pretty good chemistry with HG from what I saw in CP1 (though I didn't sit through CP1).
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-28-11 at 09:40 PM.

oh right, that was on the deleted scenes lol. remember when LYF tried to "break" into hollywood? lol.
    and i think i saw that picture! and then i was so mad that i didn't get to see the actual kiss in my dvd set cause i thought it was like a deleted scene or something lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Actually, I dun know why, I always thought LYF had pretty good chemistry with HG from what I saw in CP1 (though I didn't sit through CP1).
    yeah, i actually liked her with HG! everyone else seemed to like xiao yao-yue ru, but i was a total xiao yao-ling er shipper hehe

Hehe, I didn't like Yue Ru. She was kind of annoying (but at least she was more useful than Xue Jian in CP3, lol).

xiaolong, the "intense kissing scenes" part makes me want to go back and look for those parts, since I didn't really watch much of LOCH08. Sounds so steamy, lol.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

The losses incurred from Hu Ge's accident nearly got Tangren bankrupt. They only really recovered financially after CP3. I remember reading about all these on Karen's weibo when she recounted all these incidents after TYZN was sold to Zhejiang Satellite TV.
    That's why Hu Ge cannot leave the company like YH did, he felt in-debt and forever loyal to the company. And it looked like Karen took a big gamble on Hu Ge's recoveries(and of course she was worried and concerned, who would have the heart to replace him and continue filming during that time?). At the end, it was a smart choice on her part because it paid off big time, LOCH08 was a big success, Hu Ge became very popular, look at how big of a star he is now.....

Actually, I dun know why, I always thought LYF had pretty good chemistry with HG from what I saw in CP1 (though I didn't sit through CP1)
    I remembered reading in an interview that Hu Ge stated LYF was very "quiet and reserved" so they didn't hang around each other that often behind the set. He hung around Ady more because their personalities click. Fans took that as him trying to say, he does not have any "chemistry" with LYF, but rather have tons with Ady. But I still think it's a matter of your own opinion on who have chemistry with whom...

Bu Bu fan-made trailer....

Hehe, I didn't like Yue Ru. She was kind of annoying (but at least she was more useful than Xue Jian in CP3, lol).

xiaolong, the "intense kissing scenes" part makes me want to go back and look for those parts, since I didn't really watch much of LOCH08. Sounds so steamy, lol.
    lol she was annoying! i didn't like her either. but good point about XJ lol

and i found the scenes for you Dragon Heiress! lol you're welcome
    the first one is right after they killed Ou Yang Ke (cause, you know, the natural reaction to killing someone and having the body still lying there in the NEXT ROOM is to make out ) - its around 6:45 in the video, i think:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIhIrq4-lXM
    and then fast forward to like 9:18 in the same clip, and theres your second make out! hmm..looking back on them, they are pretty steamy, aren't they? haha

oh, and here's another one! this one's earlier on in the series, but here you go (the scene at 3:00 is kinda like SN/GX's grave scene, but i think that one was more intense for some reason and i like that one better. the "scene" comes right after that):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkvTU...F4450&index=79

Thanks so much for the links! Those kisses in the first link were amazing. Now, it makes me really want to see some Clothing the World kiss footage.

In the second link, she gives him the quickest kiss I've ever seen. So that's LSS's first kiss? (I'm assuming so because it fits the description of being in a small house with windows and YH seems to be shaking a bit as LSS said he was.) But does Tangren reuse kissing choreography? The Wallace-Tong Liya also started from the forehead and went down to the lips. But I actually the way YH did it more, because the way Wallace did it showed a bit too much experience, if that makes sense. It's like he kisses girls all the time.

The acting in the SN/GX grave scene is more mature and the situation is sadder, which is probably why I prefer that one. The voice dubbers seemed a bit off in the YK/MNC one.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

There wasn't any YH-LSS kissing in Clothing The World. Karen got people hyped up about their kissing scene back in 2009 only to delete it in the end product.

I went to look through parts of Clothing The World I skipped over (which was the majority ) just to look for Strange Hero's ZZ actor, Yao Yichen. He acted as Damien Lau's character's younger version when they were recounting how Damien Lau's character became a fugitive. He didn't look as good as there as he did in Strange Hero. Ooohh...and he's dressed like Leslie Cheung too in Strange Hero! Now all the more I want a sequel with ZZ playing a bigger part.

I'm not surprised that Wallace has more experience kissing girls onscreen as he's acted in modern Taiwanese dramas most of his career, which always have lots of kissing.

Here's an article talking about actresses who have incurred both love & hate from audiences - LYF, YM, LSS, Tang Yan, Vicky Zhao.
    http://news.luaninfo.com/ent/2011/01...423250859.html
    In summary about LSS:
    The love - her innocence and gentleness in LOCH08, her close friendship with Yang Mi in the Egypt photos, her simple down-to-earth persona (different from LYF's "unearthly" persona or YM's IT girl persona).
    The hate - her wooden acting, her uninteresting personal life, the fact that she's so protected by Tangren.

Interestingly the article talked about recent rumours about YM's "bf-gf relationship" with MTY!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-29-11 at 04:48 AM.

Ooohhhh...xiaolong, what episode did Yao Yichen show up? I wanna go look...hehehe

I'm not surprised that Wallace has more experience kissing girls onscreen as he's acted in modern Taiwanese dramas most of his career, which always have lots of kissing.
    Seriously, I think he kissed on almost every single series he's in!!..LOL

The hate - her wooden acting, her uninteresting personal life, the fact that she's so protected by Tangren.
    This is funny....if there's no scandal, then I guess it is uninteresting. And I like the fact that she's protected by her company

And what if ?????

They actually look good together

Thanks so much for the links! Those kisses in the first link were amazing. Now, it makes me really want to see some Clothing the World kiss footage.

In the second link, she gives him the quickest kiss I've ever seen. So that's LSS's first kiss? (I'm assuming so because it fits the description of being in a small house with windows and YH seems to be shaking a bit as LSS said he was.) But does Tangren reuse kissing choreography? The Wallace-Tong Liya also started from the forehead and went down to the lips. But I actually the way YH did it more, because the way Wallace did it showed a bit too much experience, if that makes sense. It's like he kisses girls all the time.

The acting in the SN/GX grave scene is more mature and the situation is sadder, which is probably why I prefer that one. The voice dubbers seemed a bit off in the YK/MNC one.
    there was supposed to be kissing footage in clothing the world? between YH and LSS? hmm. lol

and yeah, i kinda remembered that scene so i posted the link, and then i rewatched it and i was like, that wasn't a kiss at all! lol. but oh well. i guess that was her first kiss? hmm. i would've expected her to freak out if her first kiss was like one of the full on kisses from the first clip, but that? lol. i guess it was her first kiss, so....
    and lol, i think wallace DOES have experience kissing girls

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Ooohhhh...xiaolong, what episode did Yao Yichen show up? I wanna go look...hehehe[/video]
    Aiyoh...the lengths that we go to look for a cute guy. Yao Yichen appears in part of the most boring sequences in Tian Ya - Episode 28 when that Feng something (Damian Lau's character) is recounting how he became a fugitive:
    See 7:35 on this link:

Well, he has as "much" scenes as YH & LSS though, hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    And I like the fact that she's protected by her company
    There has been a lot of criticism about LSS getting roles that she would not have gotten otherwise if she wasn't "protected" by Tangren. I think she's facing the same problem as Kevin Cheng in his earlier years, though he has improved in recent years. Kevin doesn't have great acting skills, but he totally commands the screen and steals the show from other more talented actors. Same with LSS - her acting is not top-notch, but she has very strong screen presence.

I'm changing my mind about Yan Kuan - he is totally not aging well. Smokers tend to age faster and badly. E.g. when Hu Ge was smoking, he looked old enough to be cast as a 30-something married man & father of an 8-year-old in Dandelion (which he filmed at age 20).

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    and lol, i think wallace DOES have experience kissing girls
    Yeah man, he's a really good kisser! Just that LSS didn't have the luck to experience it. Here's a video clip of him blushing furiously about his kiss with Ruby in Sound of Colors - 2:16

Interestingly, I've read that Wallace's mother wants Ruby as her daughter-in-law.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-30-11 at 01:57 AM.

There has been a lot of criticism about LSS getting roles that she would not have gotten otherwise if she wasn't "protected" by Tangren.
    Hehehe...yes, and I agreed, not gonna argue with the criticism. If not for being the apple (female) of Tangren's eyes, LSS would not have gotten such good roles. That's why I liked LSS being protected by her company. But I must add that LSS is not the only one and it's not uncommon in the entertainment industries that mediocore actors/actresses became more popular/successful than the ones that really have the talent. I think it has a lot to do with their management company and the level of being promoted by their companies.

Thanks for the link....gonna go catch Yao Yichen now...LOL!!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-30-11 at 09:40 AM.

Well, there's good and bad in being "protected". She gets prominent roles in Tangren's good productions (LOCH, Strange Hero) but also forced to act in their bad productions (Tian Ya, Liao Zhai) .

^^I didn't think Liao Zhai was a bad production at all. I actually enjoyed watching her in that than LOCH
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-30-11 at 10:43 AM.

Bu Bu's Family Portrait....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/snl8ci.jpg')

Very short clip of Liu Shi Shi filming "The Next Miracle".