Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on 06-07 NBA All NBA team?

Default Thoughts on 06-07 NBA All NBA team?

Any thoughts on who would make the 1st team all NBA?

Would it most likely be Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Nash, and Kobe Bryant?

Quote Originally Posted by Felix

Would it most likely be Lebron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Shaquille O'Neal, Steve Nash, and Kobe Bryant?
    I'd replace Shaq with Yao Ming. Shaq is no longer the best center in the NBA.

pretty much that team but there are at least 5 guys that are better than shaq. i agree with ken, replace shaq with yao

the all defensive team will be harder to figure out
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Is Yao having the best year for a center? Honestly, the center position is so depleted, Shaq would probably win it again by default.

Is Yao having the best year for a center? Honestly, the center position is so depleted, Shaq would probably win it again by default.
    yea yao is averaging like 29 points per game. he has low rebounds for a center but has high blocks and high fg% and FT% (one that many center lacks especially shaq)

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    yea yao is averaging like 29 points per game. he has low rebounds for a center but has high blocks and high fg% and FT% (one that many center lacks especially shaq)
    Umm, I think you mean 24 only, lol. Not 29. just checked it. Actually numbers wise, yeah, Yao should definitely win over Shaq this year. But Yao only played 43 games or so. but sadly, that might be enough to win it.

Unless they give it to Wallace for his defensive effort.

I do believe the player must mainly have played the position for the year right? So Duncan and Jermaine are out of the picture for the center position.

Umm, I think you mean 24 only, lol. Not 29. just checked it. Actually numbers wise, yeah, Yao should definitely win over Shaq this year. But Yao only played 43 games or so. but sadly, that might be enough to win it.

Unless they give it to Wallace for his defensive effort.

I do believe the player must mainly have played the position for the year right? So Duncan and Jermaine are out of the picture for the center position.
    its not sad that yao will win and yea he only averag 24 dunno wat i was thinking. shaq only played like about 35 games too. and the other good centers (omekafor and camby = both injury prone as well).

How about my D. Wade ???

here is having a better season then lebron, but since he has played less games due to injury would prob make james in all name team1/.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini T-Mac
    How about my D. Wade ???

here is having a better season then lebron, but since he has played less games due to injury would prob make james in all name team1/.
    yea the injury killed him. especially how the heat were losing with him and winning without him.

Mine would go Dirk,Nash,Yao,Bryant,

and not too sure about last one. I dont know how strict the nba is about positions. But If it were up to me, i'd put wade(at SG and Bryant would move to SF) or TD at PF and Dirk would be SF. If not then Bron seems to be the only viable option at SF. Yao is definetly having the better season(compared to Shaq), and I dont think the injury should be a viable arguement because Shaq also missed 30+ games prior to Allstar.

Any thoughts on MVP?

Im goin Nash again. Huge Shaq fan but all that jazz he was talking about the award being tainted the last two years came straight out of his as$.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

its not sad that yao will win and yea he only averag 24 dunno wat i was thinking. shaq only played like about 35 games too. and the other good centers (omekafor and camby = both injury prone as well).
    Only 24ppg? I think 24ppg is quite good for a center position.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Only 24ppg? I think 24ppg is quite good for a center position.
    ya it is, i think he leads all center in points.

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Yao is definetly having the better season(compared to Shaq), and I dont think the injury should be a viable arguement because Shaq also missed 30+ games prior to Allstar.

Any thoughts on MVP?

Im going Nash again. Huge Shaq fan but all that jazz he was talking about the award being tainted the last two years came straight out of his as$.
    I am not saying that Yao being injured makes him less then Shaq. I am saying it makes him less than all the other centers who played not hurt. If it was Yao v Shaq, this year, for sure Yao should get the edge. I think Yao though did not play enough games this year. It might go to Ben Wallace for the center position. Mehmet Okur is another candidate. Those are the two centers I think who have played enough games in order to qualify and have had a good year.

I think Nash did not deserve to be MVP the past two years. His first year, I thought Amare should have gotten the honor. Last year, either Shaq or Kobe.

That being said, though I don't like Nash, being a Lakers fan, this year, I do think he deserves MVP honors. Dirk Nowitzki, he is just the best player on the best team record wise. Most Valuable Player, I think Nash fits that description this year.

I am not saying that Yao being injured makes him less then Shaq. I am saying it makes him less than all the other centers who played not hurt. If it was Yao v Shaq, this year, for sure Yao should get the edge. I think Yao though did not play enough games this year. It might go to Ben Wallace for the center position. Mehmet Okur is another candidate. Those are the two centers I think who have played enough games in order to qualify and have had a good year.

I think Nash did not deserve to be MVP the past two years. His first year, I thought Amare should have gotten the honor. Last year, either Shaq or Kobe.

That being said, though I don't like Nash, being a Lakers fan, this year, I do think he deserves MVP honors. Dirk Nowitzki, he is just the best player on the best team record wise. Most Valuable Player, I think Nash fits that description this year.
    wow im a lakers fan too haha

wow im a lakers fan too haha
    What's up with you and me Lunar. First we were both CCY fans. Though now you have changed your heart.

Then we are Chow Ba Thung fans.

And now Lakers fan.

Oh, btw, looking at your avatar, not to mention me being a FBB fan as well.
    Last edited by Felix; 04-09-07 at 12:13 AM.

pretty much that team but there are at least 5 guys that are better than shaq. i agree with ken, replace shaq with yao

the all defensive team will be harder to figure out
    I think it might be easier. There are more offensive guys out there. Its gonna be Tim Duncan, Ben Wallace, Kobe Bryant, Jason Kidd and maybe Ron Artest.

I would replace Nash with Arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by The_One
    I would replace Nash with Arenas.
    areana is big time overrated... not close to nash. areanas is basically a kobe bryant except kobe except kobe actually MAKES his shit (around 47%fg) and areanas (40%fg)... and areanas is playing the point guard position. the whole point is to set up his team mate in the best position to shoot a high fg % shot, but instead he spots up and takes it himself. on the other hand, nash actually distribute the ball to his team mate so that his team mate can make a high fg% shot. there are at least 5 other point guards id take before areanas. but i have to agree areanas is a good fantasy player to pick.

areana is big time overrated... not close to nash. areanas is basically a kobe bryant except kobe except kobe actually MAKES his shit (around 47%fg) and areanas (40%fg)... and areanas is playing the point guard position. the whole point is to set up his team mate in the best position to shoot a high fg % shot, but instead he spots up and takes it himself. on the other hand, nash actually distribute the ball to his team mate so that his team mate can make a high fg% shot. there are at least 5 other point guards id take before areanas. but i have to agree areanas is a good fantasy player to pick.
    Oh no doubt Nash makes his team better. Just look at when Nash is either out of the lineup or on the bench. The Suns are just lost without him.

Kobe has to make his shots cause there is no one else. Odom and Co are weak. While Agent Zero also has Antawn Jamison and Caron Butler. But yes as the point man Arenas is shit.

If it was Yao v Shaq, this year, for sure Yao should get the edge.

are you smoking something? edge out = win by a small margin. before the injury, yao was an mvp candidate, capable of scoring 30+ points and grabbing 10+ rebounds every night. he still can do that but not every game. on the other hand, shaq might score 20 points on a good night. so, it is not even close if it were just between yao and shaq.

kobe is the mvp this year.