Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your NBA 07 Playoffs prediction/bracket

Quote Originally Posted by wang23
    Kirilenko's been rumored to be on his way out a couple times this year. He claims that he's not getting the ball enough and recently he's been sidelined with a fractured thumb. He's expected to play on Monday though so he should be ready for the playoffs.

Honestly, this is a close match up that could go any way. As far as which team has more talent, I think I have more faith in Chicago. But the only problem is a signicant member of the Bulls in Andres Nocioni just came back from an injury and hasn't played in months. If Nocioni recovers enough to be effective, I like the Bulls to win. The last game in Air Canada Centre saw the Raps walk all over Chicago, but I don't think that's a reasonable indication of how close the match up will be.

I think Okur's ability to shoot the 3 ball is definitely one of his biggest assets. By spotting up beyond the arc, Yao has to honor his shot and thus drawing him out of the paint. It'll make the drive to the basket a much safer one and Carlos Boozer's offensive rebounding task somewhat easier. I also believe Yao will be experiencing difficulties if Okur plays him face up on the perimeter. Not only can Okur shoot the long ball, I think Okur can drive on Ming.

I like match up comparisons too, but at the end I think we shouldn't underestimate team play and chemistry. I just haven't seen T-Mac play well with Yao that often. I still remember drafting McGrady in fantasy and I held onto him for the longest of time but he still struggled. I finally traded him and Yao goes out with an injury and he becomes his old self again. If we go by match ups, Team USA should not have lost to teams like Spain in baskeball. Utah's struggling at the moment, but when healthy I think they function extremely well as a team.
    yea i agree, team chemistry is very important. mc grady does play well w/ yao (cause mcgrady gets more assist/rebounds when yao plays), unless playing well means scoring 30+ points and taking low % fg hoping that it will go in. the thing is, when yao go out, mutombo comes in hes a great unselfish defensive player. he gets all the board, and give mc grady all the shots. but i am too biased toward houston ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    yea i agree, team chemistry is very important. mc grady does play well w/ yao (cause mcgrady gets more assist/rebounds when yao plays), unless playing well means scoring 30+ points and taking low % fg hoping that it will go in. the thing is, when yao go out, mutombo comes in hes a great unselfish defensive player. he gets all the board, and give mc grady all the shots. but i am too biased toward houston ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Call me biased on this one too, but I have the feeling McGrady's shooting percentage is much lower when he plays with Yao. I'm way too lazy to actually calculate it though. Believe in what you want to believe and I'll choose to hold what I think is true.

OMG!!! Tim Duncan just got thrown out of an important game for San Antonio for laughing!???

OMG!!! Tim Duncan just got thrown out of an important game for San Antonio for laughing!???
    lol i saw that too, on abc right?

lol i saw that too, on abc right?
    Yeah, keeping an eye on this game as well as the Clippers game. Clippers need this game to keep their playoff hopes alive because they have Phoenix coming up. Golden State's on fire and sure hope they don't make the playoffs, but it seems it's inevitable...

Yeah, keeping an eye on this game as well as the Clippers game. Clippers need this game to keep their playoff hopes alive because they have Phoenix coming up. Golden State's on fire and sure hope they don't make the playoffs, but it seems it's inevitable...
    GS got a hard schedule too. im happy if the lakers make the playoffs, dont really like the clippers. i prefer GS more

<-- from bayarea

Did the Denver Nuggets make the playoffs?
    I'm not really updated with this kinda stuff
    Call me KIM

LIVE
    to
    EAT
    to
    LIVE

Danny Noriega (American Idol Season 7) fan FOREVER

Quote Originally Posted by kimtsf
    Did the Denver Nuggets make the playoffs?
    I'm not really updated with this kinda stuff
    yea they clinched it

lakers has a chance to clinch the playoffs too if they beat seattle. they are up 7 right now
    Last edited by LuNaR; 04-15-07 at 11:34 PM.

yea they clinched it

lakers has a chance to clinch the playoffs too if they beat seattle. they are up 7 right now
    yay! Denver Nuggets is my fave team coz Iverson's there. Nice to see Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson working together

I root for Nuggets..But my dad's rooting for Lakers
    Call me KIM

LIVE
    to
    EAT
    to
    LIVE

yay! Denver Nuggets is my fave team coz Iverson's there. Nice to see Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson working together

I root for Nuggets..But my dad's rooting for Lakers
    your dad have good taste

were u a former philly fan?

your dad have good taste

were u a former philly fan?
    yup. Simply because Iverson was there
    I've been a Loyal Iverson fan for 5 to 6 years.
    Call me KIM

LIVE
    to
    EAT
    to
    LIVE

yup. Simply because Iverson was there
    I've been a Loyal Iverson fan for 5 to 6 years.
    lol. just like me, except im a loyal kobe fan, and now yao ming fan too

Is the playoff bracket even out yet? I don't think so right? Then how do you derive all the predictions?
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

Woot LA is in. Houston had a huge win over Phoenix and clinched home against Utah. Yao and Mcgrady both played insanly well. (although Tmac could have shot better, he was an assist away from a triple double.)
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

On an interesting note, the leading active veteran referee in playoff games Joey Crawford, has been suspended indefinitely by the NBA for ejecting Tim Duncan in the game on Sunday. He will not be officiating any games in this season's NBA playoffs and will be eligible to apply for reinstatement after this season.

duncan got fined too. i heard that ref joey crawford also had an incident like this back in 2003.

On an interesting note, the leading active veteran referee in playoff games Joey Crawford, has been suspended indefinitely by the NBA for ejecting Tim Duncan in the game on Sunday. He will not be officiating any games in this season's NBA playoffs and will be eligible to apply for reinstatement after this season.
    I still don't understand why he called the second technical on Duncan.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

Crawford is terrible, he is just as bad as Javie when it comes to losing his head and throwing out those quick Ts. I honestly do believe that ref's hold vendetta's against players, despite what stern says, because refs are human(unlike david stern who's a robot or possibly an android and or cyborg.)

Although I do believe that Crawford desererved some punishment, especially since he does not believe he did anything wrong, throwing him out the entire playoffs is quite stiff. I also find it hard to believe that Stern bot's "zero tolerance" policy did not play a part in Duncan's ejection. Last time I checked zero tolerance meant zero tolerance. The ref's and NBA don't even know where to draw the line and its BS that they are consistent with their calls, because the NBA players with cleaner reps do get away with alot more. Up until this point I've seen Duncan complain all the way down court with out a T, but if Sheed did the same he'd be thrown out. The NBA really facked up this year with their policies and new basketballs IMO...

Anyways, point i'm trying to make: Crawford deserved to be smacked across the head, but his punishment did seem somewhat harsh(especialy since the NBA rarely admits that their ref's are at fault).

I wonder what the implications are in the playoffs? Will Duncan get a shiatty call on him from one of Crawford's vindictive friends late in a crucial game? Tune in to 2007 playoffs to find out more
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-18-07 at 01:13 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Crawford is terrible, he is just as bad as Javie when it comes to losing his head and throwing out those quick Ts. I honestly do believe that ref's hold vendetta's against players, despite what stern says, because refs are human(unlike david stern who's a robot or possibly an android and or cyborg.)

Although I do believe that Crawford desererved some punishment, especially since he does not believe he did anything wrong, throwing him out the entire playoffs is quite stiff. I also find it hard to believe that Stern bot's "zero tolerance" policy did not play a part in Duncan's ejection. Last time I checked zero tolerance meant zero tolerance. The ref's and NBA don't even know where to draw the line and its BS that they are consistent with their calls, because the NBA players with cleaner reps do get away with alot more. Up until this point I've seen Duncan complain all the way down court with out a T, but if Sheed did the same he'd be thrown out. The NBA really facked up this year with their policies and new basketballs IMO...

Anyways, point i'm trying to make: Crawford deserved to be smacked across the head, but his punishment did seem somewhat harsh(especialy since the NBA rarely admits that their ref's are at fault).

I wonder what the implications are in the playoffs? Will Duncan get a shiatty call on him from one of Crawford's vindictive friends late in a crucial game? Tune in to 2007 playoffs to find out more
    maybe this is all a conspiracy to build up hype for the san antonio games! since they are so boring to watch

No matter what, I am always thankful for Fisher and Horry.

Thanks for what they contributed to the Lakers. Game 4 vs Kings, that shot does not go in, Lakers are gone in 5.

Fisher, always remembered with the .4 seconds.