Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Your NBA 07 Playoffs prediction/bracket

I think the referee who does the job the best is Dick Bavetta. The only guy that seems to call the games just right.

i dont really have a problem with any of the nba ref's, even though crawford had that 1 bad call on duncan, he was still pretty consistently good throughout his career
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

West First Round Winners

Lakers/Sun - Lakers in 7

Mavs/Warriors - Warriors in 7

Nugs/Spurs - Nugs in 7

Rockets/Jazz - Rockets in 7

East? Dont care

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    West First Round Winners

Lakers/Sun - Lakers in 7

Mavs/Warriors - Warriors in 7

Nugs/Spurs - Nugs in 7

Rockets/Jazz - Rockets in 7

East? Dont care
    lol warriors have no chance over the mavs. only reason warriors won the last game was cause nowitzski and a few others didnt play.

rockets wont take 7 games to beat jazz

mavs will prevail this time around.

Most interesting match-up in the first round is in the East between the Heat and the Bulls. I think it will go to a seven header with Bulls to win.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

i dont think the heat will put up much of a fight. im going will bulls win in 6

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i dont think the heat will put up much of a fight. im going will bulls win in 6
    Just like Tomjanovich says...never underestimate the heart of a champion. I see Heat taking the first round. Nice matchup though for round one.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Just like Tomjanovich says...never underestimate the heart of a champion. I see Heat taking the first round. Nice matchup though for round one.
    Heat's missing D. Wade's scoring after his injury, it may be difficult for the rest of the team to carry the scoring on their shoulders. Moreover, the Wade and Shaq connection too weighs heavily on their scoring. So if those two don't perform, the Heat may just bow out to the Bulls, more balanced lineup.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    Heat's missing D. Wade's scoring after his injury, it may be difficult for the rest of the team to carry the scoring on their shoulders. Moreover, the Wade and Shaq connection too weighs heavily on their scoring. So if those two don't perform, the Heat may just bow out to the Bulls, more balanced lineup.
    always thought you were female...

lol warriors have no chance over the mavs. only reason warriors won the last game was cause nowitzski and a few others didnt play.

rockets wont take 7 games to beat jazz
    It's not that impossible. Golden State is a team that can play the Mavs tough. The Warriors have won six of the last seven games against Dallas....including one win this year to snap Dallas' 17 game winning streak.

The East is fairly predictable, but the West is wide open in my opinion. Golden State is capable of pulling an upset, Denver's been playing well with the line of Blake, Iverson, Anthony, Nene and Camby. Their bench is a little weak with JR Smith and Linas Kleiza as the only offensive threats. But in a first round match up, the bench won't be as important as it will be in later rounds. In my opinion, the Suns' series is the only one that is pretty much a done deal. Can't wait until it all begins.

My own opinionated predictions...
    NBA East Playoff Predictions...DET in 4, CLE in 4, TOR in 7, CHI in 5.

NBA West Playoff Predictions...instinct says GS in 6, but logic says DAL. Therefore DAL in 7, PHO in 5, SAN in 6, UTH in 6.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

Hey i'm doing a pool at work. Top 7 scorers from east and west(cumulative from start to finals that is).

For west I got: Dirk,Josh Howard, Duncan,Parker, Ginobili,Stoudimire and Barbosa

East i'm completly lost....

I was thinking bron was sure winner but then I realized they are not guaranteed a walk to the finals.(despite TO and NJ being considerbly weaker teams.)

Wade is about 70 percent right now dont know if I should pick him...they are not guranteed to come out of the first round with the way they are playing.

Then i'm taking Billups and Hamilton for sure..

Can you guys give me your list with reasoning please? Last day to check in is Mon...

Thanks

Oh, one more thing...my friend was telling me to take "safety net" players, just in case an upset does happen, even if I dont think that team will make it through..
    is that a good strategy?
    Last edited by duguxiaojing; 04-21-07 at 05:37 PM.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Quote Originally Posted by duguxiaojing
    Oh, one more thing...my friend was telling me to take "safety net" players, just in case an upset does happen, even if I dont think that team will make it through..
    is that a good strategy?
    Interesting pool, can't say I've ever joined anything similar so I don't really have a strategy in mind. Here's how I'll break it down though.

First Round Matches
    DAL vs. GS tough
    UTH vs HOU tough
    SAN vs DEN tough
    PHO vs. LAL easy

DET vs. ORL easy
    CHI vs. MIA medium
    TOR vs. NJ tough
    CLE vs WSH easy

Potential Second Round Matches
    DAL vs UTH tough
    PHO vs SAN tough

DET vs. CHI tough
    CLE vs TOR tough

Potential Conference Finals
    DAL vs PHO tough
    DET vs. TOR medium

Potential NBA Finals
    PHO vs. DET medium

WEST Nash, Stoudemire, Barbosa, Nowitzki, Terry, Howard, Marion

EAST Billups, Hamilton, Wallace, James, Gordon, Bosh, Deng

Of course these are based on my own predictions of the playoffs. But I basically tried to label each series as easy, medium or tough. Easy being possibly lasting 4-5 games, medium 5-6 and tough 6-7 games. Usually if a team makes it all the way to the NBA finals, they play about 22-24 games. So for me, I think guys like Nash will average at least 20 in the playoffs and end up making the finals. Taking 20 and multiplying it by let's say 23 games will make it 460 points...a must pick for me. Anything over 300 points is pretty good pick in my opinion. Phoenix is a high offense team with little defense. So picking players on their team or players playing against them is ideal. The problem for me is I'm not totally sold on the Mavs beating the Warriors. As I mentioned earlier, I was afraid they'd sweep the remainder the season's games and make the playoffs. But oh well, I'll go with the Mavs. If we look at San Antonio, they'll probably end up playing about 12 games this playoffs in my opinion. So it depends on how many points you think their players will average. Let's just say Parker will average around 25. 25 multiplied by 12 is 300. Taking Barbosa, I think he'll average around 15 or 16. Going conservative, 15 by 23 games is 345 points. So there is quite a bit of difference between a player making it to the finals and not.

I think I'm pretty set on the West players that I picked. But I think you're right Dugu, the East looks a lot tougher to predict. The first round is very easy, with the Raptors and Nets as the only series where I have no clue who'll come out on top. But after that it becomes much tougher. I think the Pistons will come out and beat the Bulls at the end. Cleveland will cruise in the first round, however I have a feeling they can't beat Toronto if the Raps play well and they can't beat the Nets. Just for starters, I picked Toronto to come out on top of the Nets...although if they continue to play the way they did today they'll make an early exit.

I think the Bulls will end up playing about 12-13 games this year with Gordon averaging about 26 and Deng about 22 or 23. 12 by 26 equals about 312 and 12 by 22 equals 254. James will probably average at least 28. 28 by around 11 games makes 308 points. The biggest problem for me is Bosh. Have to believe he'll end up averaging about 26 this playoffs and if he makes it by the Nets I think he'd be a great pick. But if the Nets get by then that ultimately makes Carter and Jefferson great picks instead. Or I could play it safe and pick someone like Prince who'll probably average about 12 to 13 points. Going conservative 12 by 23 games is about 276 points. I think I'll need to ponder a bit more about the East. But again take my opinions as what it's worth, my $0.02. Not a lot at all. Hey maybe we should start a pool at SPCNET for fun too?
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

im telling u guys... dallas win in 4, rockets win in 5, chicago win in 6, lakers win in 7

im telling u guys... dallas win in 4, rockets win in 5, chicago win in 6, lakers win in 7
    Phoenix to win in 5 seems more likely than the Lakers going the distance. Lakers have seem shaky since their February, I doubt that Nash & Co. can't wrap it up in 5. Rockets played pretty well in the second half of Game 1, and again their defense didn't cope with the "Pick & Roll" pretty well. Should the Jazz step up the tempo and play better D in Game 2, it might be an interesting match-up that may go the distance.

Hmm thanks Wang..ill read it through tomorrow before i submit my picks to the pool. Wasted alot of time yesterday watching nets vs raps and then heat vs bulls instead of studying for massive final mon morning .

RE:Lunar

Your Houston vs Utah is prediction is looking good so far,tmac and yao were big as usual but it was their role players that were knocking down 3's to stop utah's runs in the 4th, very surprising..i may have underestimated the ability of Houston's "other players" to make plays
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

i told u. bet everything on houston, trust me

omg kobe played well for 3 quaters but wtf happened in the 4th. launching 3s out of nowhere... caused the game

Well, it was kind of hard when u have Bell in his face, and Marion/Barbosa double/triple teaming him all 4th quarter. Odom and the rest of the Lakers were not helping him at all.

But Kobe is still a Douche.

Nugs/Spurs - Nugs in 6
    Mavs/Warriors - Warriors in 5
    Lakers/Sun - Lakers in 7
    Houston/Jazz - Houstin in 5

wow dallas and san antonio lost? now thats something to think about