Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monica Chan Fat Yung

Senior Member Psycho Cat aka Cathy's Avatar

Default Monica Chan Fat Yung

I am surprise and totally shock to find that there were not any forum of Monica at either spcnet.tv or cinple.net and there were not any big site of Monica. Even the tvseries forum of Monica is very unactive. I would to talk more about this great actress for she deserve to be talk about for her great acting skill that is one of the best.

I wonder what she is doing right now since I heard that she had already finished making a movie with Eric Wan already. What series is Monica going to be in now?

English Name: Monica Chan Fat Yung
    Chinese Name: Chen Farong
    Vietnamese Name: Tran Phap Dung
    Birthday: October 28
    Nationality : Hongkong
    Place of Birth : Hongkong
    Star Sign : Scorpia
    Height : 168 CM
    Weight : 51 KG
    Miss Hong Kong 1989

Source: http://www.tvseriesfans.com/forums/s...33#post2031533
    Last edited by Psycho Cat aka Cathy; 07-25-04 at 11:41 PM.

Found some old news about her about the Miss Hong Kong event.The favourite of this year's pageant was Monica Chan and Wanda Yung. The former went on to win the title, and the latter did not make into top 3. Wanda became the biggest favourite since the semifinals because she bagged both Miss Photogenic and Best in Swimsuit awards. Between the 2 weeks of semifinals and finals, rumors started out that Wanda became a bit 'snobbish' and thought of herself as the winner that she was very unpopular among the girls and the press. Other semi-favourites included Isabel Leung who went on becoming 2nd runner-up, and Tang Suk Yee, who recently became a charitable artist in Hong Kong. Wanda Yung, who impressed everybody with her figure, is a supermodel in Hong Kong now. Monica Chan went on to compete Miss Universe 1990 in Hollywood, where she was placed a respectable 23rd position. This is the first year that no Miss Hong Kong went to Miss World, since the franchise went to the Miss Asia Organization, which co-organized Miss World 1989 in Hong Kong.

The Monica's gown wore at the Miss Universe 1989 was designed by herself since she was a graduate of Fashion Design at the University of Hawaii. She received a great score for her gown performance.

Hey there Cathy

Glad that you started a thread for Monica!!! I am quite in the mood to chat on her, hehe. Thanks for all the news and info as well!!

I have to say that before I didn't pay much attention to her, but after watching her in Paradise, I really like her more and more now. Think it has something to do with her character as well

I actually haven't seen much of Monica. Think I've only seen her in maybe 4 to 6 series? Most recent would be Paradise and Thunder Cops. She is very very cute in both of them!!! Espically Paradise though. I think that she looks very very cute with Yang Jun Yi!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I like her with Eric Wan too. In fact, I love both of them. I don't know why Monica is not in many series especially in ATV series. I have already watched all of her ATV series which there is only two, Thunder Cops and Legend: Dream Named Desire. I would not recommend to watch Dream Named Desire because her character is so much like Kristy in My Date with a Vampire except Monica doesn't drool all over her love interest like Kristy did to Eric in MDWAV.

Anyway, have you watch Duke of Mount Deer that a good series to watch her in. Same here I only watch about five series of her and that it. She need to be in more series to watch her. I wonder why she is not filming any series with ATV. I think she should play a big role in MDWAV3 or something.

I really like Monica in Paradise her character was so interesting and she have a really great kungfu and smarter than her brother which her father finally realize it because he was so bias with female ruling. Speaking Yang Jun Yi have you seen him in modern picture of him, he looks even cuter and hotter.

By the way, have you heard any more information of the movie that Monica and Eric is starring in? Eric is the director and producer in that movie too. I watch to that movie but have no idea what the Viet title is. Or a series that Monica is going to be starring in soon not guest starring because I know she will be guesting in an ancient series with Michelle Ye, Damian Lau, with other Chinese actors.

Have any heard of this movie In the Midst of Last Night's Dream or watched the movie starring Eric and Monica again?

Feb 9 of 2003

Production Notes: Eric Wan Tin-Chiu and Monica Chan Fat-Yung were back at work yesterday as they started shooting their new movie JOK MAN MUNG WAN CHUNG (trans. IN THE MIDST OF LAST NIGHT'S DREAM). In addition to starring in the project, Wan serves as its producer and its action director. Yesterday, Wan and Chan worked on scene where Chan's character takes drugs then ends up jumping off a building. Tragically, when she lands, she lands on top of a car and kills the person inside of it.

http://www.orientaldaily.com.hk/pho....09enew55b1.jpg

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20030209/ent/0209enew55b1.jpg')

I like her. I've never seen her in any ATV series, but did manage to see her in some earlier TVB series. At the top of my head, A Smiling Ghost Story (with Roger Kwok, Maggie Cheung), Challenge of Life (with Leon Lai, Sean Lau), The Key Man (with Alex Man and Wilson Lam), DIF, a series with Bobby Au Yeung (something about con artists).

Challenge of Life and The Key Man are must-sees.

I think Monica can play any role like Paradise she was not evil but she was sick so she was evil at times and her character was strong and smart at the same time.

great actresses... but not as pretty as most of the actress out there but not ugly either.

She is very smart from what I heard too. I like her series like Dream called desire and the DIF series.

I don't even mind her in the Taiwanese series in DOMD and CLH
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Hey there everyone!!!

So Monica has only been in 2 ATV series? Gosh, I actually thought that she was in more then that!!! And isn't/wasn't she signed with ATV?

Anyways never did watch a Dream Named Desire, but I was tempted to, lol. Read the review for it so I thought I'ld skip it ^_^ Hmmmm....role similiar to Kristy in MDWAV huh? So that means very hyper, happy, optimistic, and etc? Hehe, good thing she isn't "all" like Kristy's role though!!! Anyways, so she paired with Simon in there right?

She was very cute with Eric in Thunder Cops!!! It was quite amusing to see the two of them fighting at first since of a misunderstanding, but gradually falling in love. Their wedding was so cute!!!!! I actually liked watching Remus and Lee Wah in Thunder Cops more then her and Eric, but still

Gosh, I really love her role in Paradise!!! Her name is very cute as well, Thien Tuyet. Anyways like you said, she wasn't evil, but at times she "was." I liked her either way though, she just couldn't help it. Her character overall was a sweet person, but just very stronged willed. Hehe, Yang Jun Yi is so cute in there with her!! I didn't think they matched too well to begin with, but a few minutes later I loved them togehter!!! Oh, he does look awsome in real life!!!!! hehehehe......so very very handsome!!!!

Hmmmm......was she a main role in those series you mentioned realdeal or a more minor one? Gosh, seems as if she has appeared in more TVB then ATV!!! hehe.

Anyways I didn't quite like her in DIF3. Well it really didn't have much to do with her acting or role since they both were good. I just didn't like her seperating Micheal and Kenix Even though it wasn't exactly her doing it. Felt really bad for her ending though!!! Didn't like how it ended for her It felt quite rushed that she dissappeared like that.

I didn't see the version of DOMD with Monica, but did see her in CLH01. She was cute. I like her in ancient series. She looks very very nice and elegant. Espically in white outfits!!!!!

Anyways, I have no clue on that movie with Eric Sadly I don't think I would be able to find it since not many movies are released out at my rental. Even if they do, I hardly notice them to rent.....

Hehehe, such a long reply from me!!!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Goddess, she had major roles in all those series. If not the lead actress, at least No. 2.

You really should check out "The Key Man" if you haven't seen it. It's such a memorable series. She stars with Alex Man and Wilson Lam. Haven't seen those two guys since forever, but undeniably, they used to star in some of the best series in the late 80s/early 90s.

I think Monica left TVB in 1999 that why she only have two ATV series because Legend: A Dream Named Desired was her first ATV, I think she filmed in the 2000. Then Thunder Cops in 2002 filmed that why she don't have many ATV series.

Her character in A Dream Named Desired is way too nice and weak. She similar to Kristy's character MDWAV.

Hey there guys

Thanks for the info realdeal!! I am going to see if I can find some of those series you mentioned with her. (Espically Key Man) Hopefully my rental store has them stashed somewhere

Hmmmm.....I always thought that Monica was with ATV for a longer period of time!! I would like to see her do a few more ATV series or at least guest star in some!!

Hehe, currently waiting to see Monica in the sequel to Paradise!!! Can't wait to see her with Yang Jun Yi again
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

My pleasure, goddess.

Yeah, definitely check it out if your rental store still has it (not very likely, though). I remember a friend telling me how she single-handedly started a phenomenon in HK because of the cute way she calls her dad in that series ("bean bean"). Normally, it should be "old bean", meaning "dad" in Cantonese.

Back then, every girl imitated how she said "bean bean" with that funny tone.
    Last edited by realdeal; 07-28-04 at 11:17 PM.

Do you have the poster of the series? Or the Viet title of the series or storyline?

It does seem like she should be more than that but when I was looking for ATV series where she is in all I could find was those series and that it. I don't know because if she was signed up with ATV, I think she would have done more leading roles or major roles at ATV every year. Or be in My Date with A Vampire 3 because she is consister a valuable actress to ATV or else she wouldn't be lead in their series.

Her role is similar to Kristy she more to forgiving, weak, and too soft, and nice. I don't want to give you the spoiler for who she ends up with if you are going to watch the series. It is a good thing her character is not like Kristy's character in MDWAV because it would be very annoying.

Yep, she looks really cute with Eric especially in modern series. I crack up each time they go at eachother too bad they don't have more fights because I would like to see who would lose since Monica is a very strong woman in this series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20031123/ent/1123enew18b1.jpg')

I love her role more than Ada's role, Monica role is so cool. I can believed she is that smart more than her brother. Her brother looks younger than her. At first, I thought her brother was someone who was courting her because he treated really nice plus I didn't listen the dialog much. I like her determination, intelligent, and especially when she fights. I like it when she strangle the evil girl which I hate her to the core. She is so evil and all she can do is push people off the cliff and water. She is not all that powerful but she is very tricky and schemful. I am surprise at the end that no one thought the evil girl did it when almost everyone knew that she had tried to killed Monica before. I like Yang Jun Yi more than the main character Yu Bo. There should be more scene of Yang Jun Yi and Monica together. There was too many scene of Ada and Yu Bo together. I thought that they could have shortening it. Me too I think they make a cute couple too. I thought that Yang Jun Yi's character have something for the older sister of Ada in the beginning the way he was staring at her but I guess he was just shock to see a pretty soften spoken female for the very first time. I thought he didn't like Monica at the beginning of the series that she was the one who will do the chasing but it the other way around. I wish that he can be paired up with Monica in a modern series with her but than he may look a bit young for her. I find the flower scene was funny.

You should see her in DOMD that when I started liking her, but I could not stand Ruby in the series even after she died.

I think in that movie, Eric and Monica are paired up together. Eric and Monica seem to be great friends.

Hi ya guys

Cathy, you should diffinately join into the discussion of Paradise in the China forum!!! Hehe, like you I also perfered Monica over Ada and Yang Jun Yi over Yu Bo. So that means I liked Monica and Yang Jun Yi's relationship over the other couples I also wished that Yang Jun Yi and Monica could have gotten more screen time as well. Thought Yu Bo and Ada's relationship was a bit too long and repetative. It indeed could have been shortened, but after I re-watch it for a bit, I do find some scenes with them touching ^_^

I thought Monica's brother looked okay with her. He looked just a tad older then her for me so that worked out well. I really did not like how he misunderstood her intentions later on in the serie. k:

Lol, I actually thought that Yang Jun Yi would have a relationship with Ada, the oldest sister, and the youngest sister, lol. Since he seemed to be "close" to each of them. Like he had a certain amount of time with each and there was something that seemed to be going on between them. Can't explain it, but yeah

Hehe, thought all the little things Yang Jun Yi did for her was cute. Those flower scenes were very cute!! Oh and how he carried her quite a lot was sweet. My favorite scene (well one of them) would be when he was walking away and she runs after him and hugs him ^_^

Lol, talking so much about Monica makes me want to re-watch Thunder Cops!!! They really were funny in there, lol. Loved how they would come at one another!!! I don't know if I perfer them fighting or being sweet to each other. Guess both, but more towards the fighting since it was amusing, hehe.

What is that picture from? Is it the movie they are filming? Hehe, they look so cute in there!!! Having a lot of fun!!! Monica is very flexiable eh? hehe ^_^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I wish that Paradise II could be out sooner but I have to wait until November.

You still have Thunder Cops with you? I like the part where Eric said I like spicey or something like that when he first met her. Or the part where she hit him like she is hitting those arcade games. Tze Kwan Ho's character was really annoying it. He was the one who was stalking Monic toward the end of the series, huh? He still like her, right? Even at the end. Plus I notice an error the series made. When Monica sent him an email to him. It said to Tze Kwan Ho not his character's name. I find that funny. If you watch the series again I think you may find many interesting mistakes they made but it does not affect the story at all. I am quite surprise that ATV have twist and turns in their storyline now. I think ATV finally is fixing and changing for the better unlike TVB. I boycot TVB series now, can not stand TVB series anymore.

I like them being sweet while fighting with each other. Did you know that the kid who played the little vampire in MDWAV was suppose to play Monica's son instead? But instead he find another talent in golfing. It would be more interesting to see how Monica and Eric get together because with a little kid it is easily. However, with that MDWAV kid it is more interesting and challenging.

The picture came from Thunder Cops. They were having a paintball war too. Yep, Monica is very flexible she can do a lot stuff like swimming, scuba driving plus she is an instructor also. She also ride a motorcycle. She can do many things, she is very fit and active. I like the fact that she does not over diet her self. At least she weight over 110 lbs.

Originally posted by Psycho Cat aka Cathy
    Do you have the poster of the series? Or the Viet title of the series or storyline?
    Unfortunately no. I can't seem to find any English information on the net. But here's a video clip:
    http://www.aweng.com/11/jr.rm

It's the opening theme, and may give you a general idea of the series. Strongly recommended.

Could you give me more information base on what you have watched in the past on this series? Can you tell what year this series is? Like a summary or storyline of the series please?