Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rinsing Flowers and Purifying Swords | The Spirit of the Sword | Nicholas&Gillian

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    looks like something crawled on Nic's head and died
    LOL Perhaps a spider, tarantula to be exact. But I have to say, Nicholas looks hot.

He needs to diversify his expressions/roles more. Is he gonna be another one of those "cool swordsman" type? At first, it was kind of sexy, but now it's getting repetitive.

He should act in a comedy more often.

I think Nicholas enjoys that courageous image plus it suits him quite well but yeah, it does become too repetitive.

ARGH, the hair!!! *horrified*

other than that, Gillian looks alright, and i like YR and QZY. YR's hair is pretty crappy too, but QZY looks good.

Actually, I don't think Gillian looks sweet here, she seems kind of cocky. Is that what her role is supposed to be? That's good, she's diversifying herself from those typicla damsel in distress roles.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    Actually, I don't think Gillian looks sweet here, she seems kind of cocky. Is that what her role is supposed to be? That's good, she's diversifying herself from those typicla damsel in distress roles.
    LOL Gillian's role is a bit bitter-sweet, she's not entirely good yet not bad either so perhaps that explains the touch of arrogance.

More photos of the custome fitting. Gillian's customes are yeah, um. . .cheap but Gillian looks pretty nonetheless. Only Gillian this time.

Credits: nicgurl829@TC
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/4bdab21c02000rpc.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/4bdab21c02000rpb.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/4bdab21c02000rpa.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/4bdab21c02000rp9.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/4bdab21c02000rp8.jpg')

Gillian usually looks better onscreen.

wow, what's with the weird hairdoes on Gillian's head? They don't look very good..

Quote Originally Posted by Vic_Viper
    I think so...

I'm Gulong's fan, this is again one of Gulong's Best "Mid-production" novel. I have read this novel 3 times and all I can say is this book is definitely worth reading from time to time. The main character Fang Bao Yu is an interesting character. However I have Never heard of Shan Ye Da Zhang or Zhu'er in the novel at all, neither do the introduction of the story sounds similar to the novel. btw Shan Ye Da Zhang is the main lead in this tv adaption and not Fang Bao Yu... I guess this is just another poor, unfaithful tv adaption...

*possible spoilers*

If I remember correctly from the Leslie Cheung version, Zhu Er was one of Little Princess's maids. Her father, Ziyihou, had two maids, Zhu Er and Ling Er, and after he dies they all get captured by the Fire Demon, where the two maids endure hardships so they can look after their little princess. Ling Er eventually gets killed (but somehow later gets rescued by some old woman who teaches her martial arts) while Zhu Er ends up running away when some of the Fire Demon's men rape her. She is rescued by a Japanese warrior, who she follows around. The Samurai is challenging the martial artists of China one by one, and killing them all. As he only challenges people of repute, all those who die are good people, and the evil sects are gaining advantage. Zhu Er, who has fallen in love with the samurai, pleads with him to give up his quest for challenge, citing that all glory is not worth taking lives for, as there will be a lot of people left mourning. He doesn't listen, and she finally disguises herself as one of his opponents. She is killed before the samurai realises what happens, and with her dying breath she asks him to remember her. Finally knowing what it is like to mourn for a loved one, he gives up his quest for glory and joins Fang Baoer against the Fire Demon, where he eventually dies.

If this has a good ending and expands on Zhu Er I'd love to watch it. I felt like crying when I watched Zhu Er die in the Leslie Cheung series.. she was so likeable, and never did anything wrong. Something like Ah Zhu in TLBB.

Quote Originally Posted by yuriko
    wow, what's with the weird hairdoes on Gillian's head? They don't look very good..
    You really don't have any fashion sense. Please don't say anything related to that anymore.

From the look of it, it seems very nice. It's an elegant type of look. asillysaint what did you mean by the term cheap?

P.S. yurikoIt is for look, not like anyone is going to wear that around the street in modern days.
    ~Edison~

Quote Originally Posted by edison
    You really don't have any fashion sense. Please don't say anything related to that anymore.

From the look of it, it seems very nice. It's an elegant type of look. asillysaint what did you mean by the term cheap?

P.S. yurikoIt is for look, not like anyone is going to wear that around the street in modern days.
    Lol, nice in the sense that a bunch of Grade 8's in home ec could've sewn it together during an afternoon class. And one of the dresses looks like a freaking apron, or at least it's having some major personality disorder. And unfortunately, I disagree, it is not for looks, because looking at those costumes too long hurts my eyes....

Yeah I feel sorry for her, having to wear those costumes. Well, I suppose it COULD have been worse, i.e. Ady and Athena's costumes in Flying Fox.

i changed my mind about the costuming. It looks modern, and yes, rather cheap.

Gillian's hair is like a less horrible version of Nic's

but yes, it's better than Flying Fox (pretty hard to beat that)

Quote Originally Posted by edison
    The wardrobe is just cheap, like it needs improvements. Okay, wardrobe such as Yi Fei's in Xian Jian is not cheap, it's very unique and cute, same goes for ROCH.

Oh for example, that pink choker needs to go, it looks like something out of the dollar store.

The hair and clothes for the main leads are pretty weird, but nonetheless they make a handsome couple on screen. Can't wait for this either!

And the hat! It looks like it's made of felt.

the "scraps of material thrown together" look seems to becoming a trend.

Quote Originally Posted by yearning
    And the hat! It looks like it's made of felt.
    LOL that entire pink outfit needs to go. Hopefully, Gillian will only be wearing it for a short amount of time, a few episodes at the most. The hat thing is ugly, the hi-dye pieces of cloth isn't helping either; Gillian is best at being simple like the first pose.

not bothered by crawling..but it looks like Gill is wearing a heavy disk on her head for the pink one.

btw, what is up with the one sided bangs these days in chinese men
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Haha, look at Gillian's nails, pretty but modern.

I guess, bangs make guys look tougher due to the rough look?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    looks like something crawled on Nic's head and died

I flipped thru the page and got this note ... I had to flip back to comment!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! True!