Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Rinsing Flowers and Purifying Swords | The Spirit of the Sword | Nicholas&Gillian

Piece of news regarding this series. Credits: Little_Purple_Bell@AF.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/albums/Chinese-Female/Gillian-Chung/thumb_se06041852_big.jpg')

As a father-to-be, Nicholas Tse is currently concentrating on his work in Mo Shek. This will be the first time that he will collaborate with Gillian Chung as an on-screen couple in 30 episode series, "Rinsing Flowers and Purifying Swords".

It has been said that "Rinsing Flowers and Purifying Swords" has the highest production fees of all Mainland series this year. Just Nicholas' salary for filming the series is already 10, 000, 000HK$. When speaking of having to re-portray the famous production of Leslie Cheung's back in 1979, and if Nicholas feel any pressure, Nicholas frankly responded, "When Gor Gor (Leslie)'s version was airing back then, it is a pity that I was not even born yet. I had actually planned to search for that version and watch it before beginning to film, but now I'm really stuck. My only option right now is just to do my best; hopefully, I'll be able to bring the character out."

Although Gillian's salary is not as high as Nicholas', rumour has it that her daily salary for filming the series goes to six place values (millions). And as Gillian has had her 'lips sealed' and been forbidden to film intimate scenes ever since she came into the ET industry, this series is not an exception either. While she was filming a romance scene with Nicholas earlier, it had only consisted of embracing and leaning on each other, nothing extremely intimate at all. Also, Nicholas had planned to ask for a break during July-August to stay by Cecilia Cheung's side while she gives birth, but his management company had only been able to arrange for him to be working in Hong Kong at the time, making it easier for him to accompany his wife.

Credit to Oriental Daily
    Translation By Little_Purple_Bell

Quote Originally Posted by asillysaint
    Piece of news regarding this series. Credits: Little_Purple_Bell@AF.

When speaking of having to re-portray the famous production of Leslie Cheung's back in 1979, and if Nicholas feel any pressure, Nicholas frankly responded, "When Gor Gor (Leslie)'s version was airing back then, it is a pity that I was not even born yet. I had actually planned to search for that version and watch it before beginning to film, but now I'm really stuck. My only option right now is just to do my best; hopefully, I'll be able to bring the character out."
    He's talking bull. If I can find a full set of Leslie's serial in Suntec City, Singapore, I'm sure he can find it in Hong Kong. He probably just can't be bothered.

Leslie's WHXJL wasn't brilliant, though. I found it draggy and boring in places, and of course the picture quality let things down a bit. The best thing about the serial was the music.

If Nicholas is thinking of emulating Leslie and being in the same league, he can forget it. Leslie's character was Fang Baoer, which isn't who Nicholas is acting as. Nicholas is acting as the samurai, Zhu Er's boyfriend. I *really* wish I knew how to upload a pic of him (never uploaded a pic before). The person Nicholas is going to go through all the trouble to get a copy of WHXJL just to see how the character is portrayed is no other than Chu Tit Woh, as rugged and moustachioed as he normally is, with a topknot which hangs over to one side. Chu is a great actor, but I seriously doubt Nicholas is going to get any inspiration on how to be a fangirl's dream samurai from him!

What is that flat thing on Gillian's head
    I still think she looks prettier in Ffox but oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    He's talking bull. If I can find a full set of Leslie's serial in Suntec City, Singapore, I'm sure he can find it in Hong Kong. He probably just can't be bothered.

Leslie's WHXJL wasn't brilliant, though. I found it draggy and boring in places, and of course the picture quality let things down a bit. The best thing about the serial was the music.

If Nicholas is thinking of emulating Leslie and being in the same league, he can forget it. Leslie's character was Fang Baoer, which isn't who Nicholas is acting as. Nicholas is acting as the samurai, Zhu Er's boyfriend. I *really* wish I knew how to upload a pic of him (never uploaded a pic before). The person Nicholas is going to go through all the trouble to get a copy of WHXJL just to see how the character is portrayed is no other than Chu Tit Woh, as rugged and moustachioed as he normally is, with a topknot which hangs over to one side. Chu is a great actor, but I seriously doubt Nicholas is going to get any inspiration on how to be a fangirl's dream samurai from him!
    I think he was just saying that he planned to watch Leslie's version but didnt have the time. And he didnt really mention about wanting to watch and imitate Leslie's portrayal of his character but rather, just the viewing of Leslie's version of the adaptation.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 04-19-07 at 01:14 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

man they gotta change the hair style of nic tse being a guy myself it doesn t look cool. they should just leave him with his hair style from da ren wu or handsome siblings looks more fitting. well hope this series has good martial arts scenes and not any bad use of cgi anyone know who the other castings are?

More clear pics On This Serie

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/p/2007-04-13/U1305P28T3D1518718F326DT20070413184739.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/m/p/2007-04-13/U1305P28T3D1518718F329DT20070413184739.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/p/2007-04-16/U2184P28T3D1521614F326DT20070416190700.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/p/2007-04-16/U2184P28T3D1521616F326DT20070416190706.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/yuri2908/flowersword4bdab21c02000rpa.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/v/p/2007-04-16/U2184P28T3D1521618F326DT20070416190713.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/yuri2908/070418d01-1.jpg')

===========

OH Yahh.. anyone Know that is Nic's Role (Da Zhong) is actually same with the character which's described below :

================

In Gu Long's Tale of the Rinsing Sword and Flowers (written in 1964), there was an invincible warrior from Japan.

We learn a bit more about this mysterious warrior's background as the story progresses. His name is never revealed, he was simply known as the warrior in white or the white-robed man.
    Although his father was Chinese, he grew up in Japan. We don't know if his mother was Japanese or Chinese. The father of the warrior in white was a very intelligent man, a Jack of all trades, master of none. He learnt many different things in his life, including martial arts. But he never reached the highest level in any of those things, he wanted to become a renowned martial arts expert. But was constantly defeated by the true masters of martial arts. In the end he felt depressed and angry and took his baby son and left for Japan.

He wanted his son to become the master of martial arts he couldn't be. As soon as his son could walk he taught him the ways of the sword. He bathed the young son in herbal medicinal baths to strenghten his bones and tendons.
    Although this man wasn't a very good martial artist himself, he proved to be an excellent teacher. At the age of 11, 12 the warrior in white was already equal to the first rate martial artists of Japan. Although Japanese warriors often duelled to the death, they felt there was no honour in killing a mere boy. So the young warrior in white learnt from his defeats and his experience in combat grew.

At the age of 18, 19 he was one of the elites of the Japanese Wulin and was said to be even invincibile in Japan. His martial arts was the accumulation of the essences of both the great Chinese martial arts schools and Japanese martial arts schools.
    The three leading Wulin elders of Japan had fought him several times in these years and every time their respect for the warrior in white grew. According to them, the warrior in white's martial arts were magnificent.
    Around this time his father had passed away, but he seemed to be unmoved by it. He continued his training, not only was his body seemingly made of steel it would seem that his heart was of steel too.

At the age of twenty he knew that he was undefeated in Japan and knew that if he stayed here his martial arts would never progress any further. So, he left for a desolate isle near Japan. On that isle there were numerous small white and black stones, resembling go pieces. So, the local people called that the Isle of Go. He lived on that desolate and harsh isle for ten years, he spent his time contemplating and studying go. It seemed that he lost interest in martial arts.

But when he left the isle and returned to Japan, his martial arts were raised several levels higher. According to the three leading Japanese elders, before he left for the isle, his martial arts level was still comprehensible but now it was deep and seemingly boundless.
    He challenged one of the elders to a duel. Both of them just stood there neither of them moved. They stood there for 14 hours, untill the Japanese elder couldn't stand it anymore and passed out he succumbed to the awesome power of the warrior in white. The willpower, martial arts and the sword of the warrior in white became one entity, one great awesome, omnipotent power.

He felt confident now to go to China to do what his father couldn't.
    He killed several of the top leading martial arts experts of China with one slash between the eyebrows. He shocked the entire realm.
    The top ten elite martial arts experts gathered at the Linking Cloud Manor to challenge him. One by one, those experts died. One stance was enough. When someone threatened him by saying:"There are hundreds of us, if all of us attacked at once. You wouldn't be able to withstand such an assault."
    The warrior in white was unfazed and coldly responded:"Warriors should die in battle, if I was killed by the sword or sabre I am merely fulfilling my destiny." Everyone felt ashamed.

The number one martial artist in China, the Purple Marquis learnt of the warrior in white and issued a challenge. The Purple Marquis uses his sword to pierce/seal seven acupoints of a man in one stance and told people to bring that man to the warrrior in white. Upon seeing that man and those sword "wounds" the warrior in white realised that he had found a true adversary.
    So, he asked where the Purple Marquis was and could not be bothered by the remaining suriving four of the ten top martial arts experts.

His words were:"The way of the martial arts is like climbing a mountain, now that I have found the highest peak. The lesser mounts are of no importance."
    And he left for the beach of the Eastern Sea.

The Purple Marquis and the warrior in white duelled on sea, both were on two small rafts. After an intense battle, the Purple Marquis won by half a stance. However, the omnipotent internal energy of the warrior in white had mortally injured the Purple Marquis. The warrior in white being a true master admitted defeat to the Purple Marquis and said he would return seven years later for a rematch. The Purple Marquis died the following night.

The Japanese Wulin was shocked to hear that the warrior in white had lost and feared that the defeat would have driven him insane. No one in Japan is his match, and if he would go mad that would mean doom for everyone. So the three elders of Japanese Wulin assembled a group of top martial arts experts to contain/kill him if necessary. All means would be allowed, although they commented that such an action would be honourless, but the warrior in white was a product of the Japanese Wulin so they have a responsibility to stop him.

However, the warrior in white didn't go mad. Before his journey to China he was cold man that never smiled. But now, he was friendly and even started a small busniness on the market. And whenever someone would ask about the rematch seven years later, he would just smile and shake his head.
    Everyone thought he had forsaken the path of the warrior untill one year of the rematch. He had disappeared.

And suddenly the Wulin of China received a letter from him:

My respects to whom this may concern,

The death of the Purple Marquis has greatly saddened me. With his death, I am lonelier than before. I know now that victory does not come easy, but finding defeat is even more difficult.
    But the match that was set seven years ago will still continue, next year I will be on the beaches of the Eastern Sea again. I sincerely hope that someone with a sword will be able to grant me a defeat.

The white-robed man of the Eastern Sea.

================
    I found the video from the game from this novel too
    (Rinsing Flowers and Purifying Swords)

Seems the game is cool haha :P
    GAME Trailer

Ok Nic's single 'cool' expression is starting to annoy me. He carried that single expression throughout that Twins series....

Game Screenshot - > This Battle above the ship looks cool .. watch the video above till u see!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img2.pixplayer.com/5246765/5246765_41010.jpg')

Nic and Qiao Zhen Yu (he who acted in Seven Swords rite??)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/yuri2908/flowersword20070414001507.jpg')

Costuming looks pretty cheap compared to other series, i personally like Nic's hair style in the first page hahaha, can't wait for this.

HOLLY SH*T!!!! I can't wait for this...my two favorite actors and actresses... NICHOLAS AND GILLIAN MAKE SUCHA GREAT COUPLE.....whooo hooo!!!!...does anyone know when it'll air????
    BigBang RULES!!!! - I love DAESUNG/TEMPO
    Liu Yi Fei ALWAYS
    VICKI ZHAO's THE BEST

Quote Originally Posted by m010313
    HOLLY SH*T!!!! I can't wait for this...my two favorite actors and actresses... NICHOLAS AND GILLIAN MAKE SUCHA GREAT COUPLE.....whooo hooo!!!!...does anyone know when it'll air????
    lol, u got that right
    awesome couple= nic and gillian
    and since the series is still filming, itll be quite sometime before it airs
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Default Question?

If I don't make a mistake, as I remember, in the old version Leslie is the lead male character but didn't act as the japanese guy. So Nic doesn't take Leslie's role right?

hmmmm, seems like nic always acts as the cool and untalkative guy in his series
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

I hope it's gonna be a good one.
    Nic shouldn't wear this dead beaver on his head. It looks awful.
    Hi ya!!

Fancy Ady,adore Yang Mi, admire Jiang Xin, love Jimmy and dream about Hu Ge.
    Ruby Lin Forever!!!
    Gao Yuan Yuan is my Goddess!

In the first post, it stated that the ending would be a happy one. But doesn't Gillian's character (Zhu'er) die? Are they changing the story or do I have the facts wrong?

I'm probably doing to watch this series just because the storyline sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by liusing
    If I don't make a mistake, as I remember, in the old version Leslie is the lead male character but didn't act as the japanese guy. So Nic doesn't take Leslie's role right?
    Leslie was Fang Baoer, grandson of Bai Sankong, who is sent to the Purple Marquis (Ziyihou) by his grandfather just before he is killed by the White Robed man.

There were two Japanese warriors, though - the first one, played by Chan Wai Man, was the White Robed Man who kills Bai Sankong and Ziyihou. He disappears for seven years after the battle and only returns at the end, slightly insane, to get killed by Fang. The second Japanese warrior, played by Chu Tit Woh, appears in the middle of the series to save Zhu Er from the Fire Demon's henchmen, and she then follows him around as he tries to emulate his idol, the White Robed Man, by challenging Chinese warriors and killing them with one stroke between the brows. After Zhu Er dies by his hand (she pretends to be one of his duel targets and gets killed, convincing him that his quest for glory is meaningless compared to the grief of losing loved ones) he joins Fang (Leslie) in his battle against the Fire Demon. He is killed by the Fire Demon in the final assault against him, while Leslie survives to meet the White Robed Man when he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    Leslie was Fang Baoer, grandson of Bai Sankong, who is sent to the Purple Marquis (Ziyihou) by his grandfather just before he is killed by the White Robed man.

There were two Japanese warriors, though - the first one, played by Chan Wai Man, was the White Robed Man who kills Bai Sankong and Ziyihou. He disappears for seven years after the battle and only returns at the end, slightly insane, to get killed by Fang. The second Japanese warrior, played by Chu Tit Woh, appears in the middle of the series to save Zhu Er from the Fire Demon's henchmen, and she then follows him around as he tries to emulate his idol, the White Robed Man, by challenging Chinese warriors and killing them with one stroke between the brows. After Zhu Er dies by his hand (she pretends to be one of his duel targets and gets killed, convincing him that his quest for glory is meaningless compared to the grief of losing loved ones) ...
    Thank you for the details. I saw the version with Leslie when I was a young girl so I don't remember much details. But at jaynestar they said that Nic is taking Leslie's role so I was a little confused! Anyway we will see it when the serie will be released!

imo, i personally think nic's hair isn't all that bad....he still looks good...while gillian looks GORGEOUS!!!!...can't wait!!!!! it should air this year right???
    BigBang RULES!!!! - I love DAESUNG/TEMPO
    Liu Yi Fei ALWAYS
    VICKI ZHAO's THE BEST

Quote Originally Posted by m010313
    imo, i personally think nic's hair isn't all that bad....he still looks good...while gillian looks GORGEOUS!!!!...can't wait!!!!! it should air this year right???
    yep, gillian definitely looks pretty
    as for nic, i think his hair shouldnt be that fuzzy and puffed up, but nonetheless, he still looks gorgeous
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Okay, some photos of the Press Conference. Hm, I guess, in this version, it'll be different from the Leslie version, they're concentrating more on the Japanese swordsman and the maid, Nicholas and Gillian. Nicholas and Gillian are the main leading pair, I assume. The poster is pretty self-explanatory.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/1177138608_82659300.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/1177138616_01805800.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/1177138623_66462200.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/hh_0081.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/hh_0131.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/hh_0179.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/hh_0187.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/hh_6840.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/gill_fan3/hh_6846.jpg')

Credits:EG4Ever@AF.